test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does anyone else think it's ridiculous to have to pay $6 for respecing?

Comments

• Options
    crysidiacrysidia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cookjk wrote: »
    I don't think respect should be in any game for any reason at all...EVER! It is one of the worst things to happen to online gaming and only caters to casuals. That includes you L33T raids!
    So you'd rather only ever play one way and get only to play part of your class. Also in MMO's they constantly alter things which can easily change your mind about what you have currently. Respecing is a crucial part of the genre.
  • Options
    galidassgalidass Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a couple of surveys and earned 1k zen right. a couple gets you a couple hundred. and tell me what says all these surveys are safe to take for my machine?

You can easilly get 700 zen if you do all the SponsorPay surveys, they haven't done any harm to my computer,

Just have a look at my wallet...

GPRzoTy.jpg
    Pay to win? LOL! Get your facts straight, this game got surveys. Click on Charge Zen, and choose Earn Zen before you complain about 6$ respec, unless you can't do them ofc.
  • Options
    valvexenvalvexen Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Sorry but paying for respecs is the dumbest fcking thing i have ever heard of, games are supposed to be fun, i shouldnt have to pull out my wallet every time i respec, this company is by far the most greedy company i have ever seen. Remember its a game, not a college exam were i have to study and be afraid of making mistakes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    valvexen wrote: »
    Sorry but paying for respecs is the dumbest fcking thing i have ever heard of, games are supposed to be fun, i shouldnt have to pull out my wallet every time i respec, this company is by far the most greedy company i have ever seen. Remember its a game, not a college exam were i have to study and be afraid of making mistakes.

I only took some time off and did a few surveys, got my respec, got my gear score to 8000, without pulling out my wallet...
    Pay to win? LOL! Get your facts straight, this game got surveys. Click on Charge Zen, and choose Earn Zen before you complain about 6$ respec, unless you can't do them ofc.
  • Options
    crysidiacrysidia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    I have a question for everyone that has an issue with the $6 respec fee...how much money have you spent on this game currently?
    I've spent around $70 but I don't believe that respecing should be something I have to spend money on. Mounts and companions and keys I can even somewhat understand even thought you can somewhat gain an edge but respecing is pretty crucial in MMO's anymore. If I want to get the most out of my character I have to pay $6 and if I dislike it, I basically wasted $6 and have to spend 6 more and so on.
  • Options
    spacecowboy3117spacecowboy3117 Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    Wouldn't you change feats to change build? I mean more than Powers. Aren't Feat retrainable for AD already?

And to answer your other question, all F2P games monetize respecs or classes or bag space, in a measure or another. That's why when I play STO or LOTRO I always sub (and would have subbed for this if they gave the possibility)

... Yes, and now consider that 1 respec for one character is almost 1/2 of a months worth of respecs in subscription MMOs... or 1/10 of the price of GW2... then consider that you have to pay for more than 2 characters, more than 3 bags, and a reasonable chance at 'end game' gear modifications.... Like I said before, it makes, GW2 look like genius (which it is), WOW seem like the real F2P game and even makes buying the 'new' Call of Duty every year with associated DLC seem like a good deal.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ... Yes, and now consider that 1 respec for one character is almost 1/2 of a months worth of respecs in subscription MMOs... or 1/10 of the price of GW2... then consider that you have to pay for more than 2 characters, more than 3 bags, and a reasonable chance at 'end game' gear modifications.... Like I said before, it makes, GW2 look like genius (which it is), WOW seem like the real F2P game and even makes buying the 'new' Call of Duty every year with associated DLC seem like a good deal.

Welcome to F2P games. If you find another one that doesn't work like this, please let us know
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    galidass wrote: »
    I only took some time off and did a few surveys, got my respec, got my gear score to 8000, without pulling out my wallet...

Check your credit score in a few months, good luck
  • Options
    lazybrahlazybrah Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valvexen wrote: »
    Sounds more like "I want to max my min-max and I don't want to work for it!"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Check your credit score in a few months, good luck

Why? I ain't respecing anytime soon, and If I want, I will probably find new surveys to be done and get the zen from there.. I don't see the problem here..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to F2P games. If you find another one that doesn't work like this, please let us know
    .... Any F2P MMO that has a subscription option. STO, Champions online, DC universe, Soon to be Rift, etc.
  • Options
    lazybrahlazybrah Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    .... Any F2P MMO that has a subscription option. STO, Champions online, DC universe, Soon to be Rift, etc.
    They're not better models. For casual gamers, they're actually the worst of them all.
    Also, aren't most P2P quickly changing to this model?
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yep, FREEMIUM games. And if you don't subscribe, you have to pay. So your point?

Ah and in STO at least (IIRC) you don't have free respecs (as a subscriber), you get tokens every 10 levels
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lazybrah wrote: »
    They're not better models. For casual gamers, they're actually the worst of them all.
    Also, aren't most P2P quickly changing to this model?

Most are changing to a non rip-off price F2P model not anywhere near this kind of scheme.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep, FREEMIUM games. And if you don't subscribe, you have to pay. So your point?

Ah and in STO at least (IIRC) you don't have free respecs (as a subscriber), you get tokens every 10 levels

My point is as much as the subscription is the best value in those games, it is even MORE so in Neverwinter... except neverwinter doesn't have one.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My point is as much as the subscription is the best value in those games, it is even MORE so in Neverwinter... except neverwinter doesn't have one.

Yeah I am aware unfortunately. But I ma sure if they launched as Freemium we would have had people whining about that too, so doesn't really matter any more
    The world is sinking in mediocrity
  • Options
    jackmeister6969jackmeister6969 Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Yeah it a lil bit annoying paying $6 for the respec, but thats how most F2P games roll.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I like this new mmo type, surveytoplay :p
  • Options
    sepheresephere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice to have respecs free or get them ingame, but
    they're probably not going to do that at this stage,
    because people have already paid for them and it would get too much hate from those people, if they changed it,
    and they probably wouldn't want to risk it

Just be careful about where you put you're points,
    if you have to spend a few minutes each time you level up to look ahead at the list,
    then do that, you know

A misspent point here or there isn't a terrible thing,
    and unless you have some kind of issue where everything has to be absolutely perfect constantly (some people do),
    you'll probably be fine
  • Options
    bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sephere wrote: »
    It would be nice to have respecs free or get them ingame, but
    they're probably not going to do that at this stage,
    because people have already paid for them and it would get too much hate from those people, if they changed it,
    and they probably wouldn't want to risk it

Just be careful about where you put you're points,
    if you have to spend a few minutes each time you level up to look ahead at the list,
    then do that, you know

A misspent point here or there isn't a terrible thing,
    and unless you have some kind of issue where everything has to be absolutely perfect constantly (some people do),
    you'll probably be fine
    I have payed for them. and I would pay for more on more than one character if - they were priced a bit cheaper or there was an account wide unlock for say $30+ the fact is, there is more than one possibility for viable builds. And the fact is there will be more path's coming out - with an additional more that one possibility of viable builds.

It's not just a matter "of pick carefully" Daniel-son. It's a matter of possibilities, some power/feat tooltips just don't say - this power/feat suck don't even consider trying it, or sorry, but this one is not working properly at the moment. It's not a matter of perfection, that's overstating facts to suit an opinion.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • Options
    gnome08gnome08 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    6$ is too much. im not saying free but that is definitely too steep
  • Options
    sepheresephere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have payed for them. and I would pay for more on more than one character if - they were priced a bit cheaper or there was an account wide unlock for say $30+ the fact is, there is more than one possibility for viable builds. And the fact is there will be more path's coming out - with an additional more that one possibility of viable builds.

It's not just a matter "of pick carefully" Daniel-son. It's a matter of possibilities, some power/feat tooltips just don't say - this power/feat suck don't even consider trying it, or sorry, but this one is not working properly at the moment. It's not a matter of perfection, that's overstating facts to suit an opinion.

Hmm, don't get me wrong,
    I would love to have an ingame option of respeccing (I love gw and gw2 versions),
    but I was saying that if they made it to be free or cost ingame gold/ad,
    people who bought them with real cash would get upset, and rightfully so

As for the cost in the cash shop, everything seems too steep to me, so no argument there
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sephere wrote: »
    Hmm, don't get me wrong,
    I would love to have an ingame option of respeccing (I love gw and gw2 versions),
    but I was saying that if they made it to be free or cost ingame gold/ad,
    people who bought them with real cash would get upset, and rightfully so

As for the cost in the cash shop, everything seems too steep to me, so no argument there

I have bought one, (included in guardian pack) I would not be upset if they lowered the price.
  • Options
    fadingstar1fadingstar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not as bad as dragon nest where u pay 19$ for a respec. What pisses me off about the respec since i play cleric i get divinity mode. Sometimes when i put in my skils and get divinity mode one of my divinity skills get stuck on my non divinity mode. and no u cant just move it and switch to divinity mode or drag it from ur spell book it wont let u! so i had to buy another respec token to drag a skill to cover the open at will slot. Btw the move that gets attached to ur bar from ur divinity mode is the healing one and we pretty much need that..
  • Options
    dalriondalrion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    I'm not trying to defend it, I'm trying to get rid of it. This whole respec thing is stupid. People dont know how to build, so they cut and paste cookie cutter builds, and then they move into a different area so they repec and cut and paste a new build to suit the area. They have no consequence for their choices because they are privileged little twerps that dont know how to either build for themsleves, or plan ahead.

Yes people are new in game and do not know how to spec so charge 6 dolars for every respec they have to do becouse they are no experts...
    Respec is core function in every RPG and no qualite game charge real money or months farming for it.
  • Options
    yourmomisabootyourmomisaboot Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just started playing this game a few days ago, and seeing this thread is making me seriously reconsider putting any further time into it. Cash Shop items should always only be for vanity items/boosts, or at the very worst something you can obtain in game without a ridiculous amount of effort.

Having to pay $6(!!!!!!) is absolutely ridiculous, especially considering how poor of a job they do explaining the powers and feats system. While it seems like you can do it by converting in-game currency, the exchange rate is astronomical, which completely defeats the purpose, and almost forces people to do it via Zen.

Dear PWE, If people like your game, they will purchase items and support you. Please stop trying to rob us by forcing us to pay for basic necessities. Signed, Concerned Gamer
  • Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just wish respec tokens also included ability dice rolls, why the hell did they leave that out, i personally dont mind 6$ if it resets everything
  • Options
    douchemaggotdouchemaggot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the price of respecs is just too **** high!
  • Options
    aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Its even more ridiculous, when you realize that you can't buy $6 worth of zen. Its goes $5 to $10.
    So technically if all you want to do is respec. You're going to have to spend TEN dollars.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aislingi wrote: »
    Its even more ridiculous, when you realize that you can't buy $6 worth of zen. Its goes $5 to $10.
    So technically if all you want to do is respec. You're going to have to spend TEN dollars.

not true.

Spend the five.

And the chalk up some AD for the extra 100. it's not that much nowadays.

:)
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]