test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does anyone else think it's ridiculous to have to pay $6 for respecing?

12345679»

Comments

• aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    not true.

Spend the five.

And the chalk up some AD for the extra 100. it's not that much nowadays.

:)

While I appreciate the advice, and yes that is an option-

You could do that with the entire six dollar cost. The point is, as far as pricing goes they went the underhanded route. As if simply charging for respecs wasn't bad enough they had to go one greedy step further, and charge an odd price, while selling even numbered ticket blocks, carny style. their intent was a greedy one, regardless of if there is some way to soften the blow.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    aislingi wrote: »
    While I appreciate the advice, and yes that is an option-

You could do that with the entire six dollar cost. The point is, as far as pricing goes they went the underhanded route. As if simply charging for respecs wasn't bad enough they had to go one greedy step further, and charge an odd price, while selling even numbered ticket blocks, carny style. their intent was a greedy one, regardless of if there is some way to soften the blow.

Funnily enough the price was raised from $5 in closed beta to $6 now.......
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do think respec costs are too high. I would like the opportunity to buy role slots where we can save specs. I think those should cost around 600Z and respecs 125Z.
  • bertosanchezbertosanchez Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just my two cents...

I think a lot of people arguing that the $6 price is okay are forgetting one word...balance. Assuming they care about the state of their PvP then future patches will seek to balance it so that no one build is too OP. Every game has periods where builds and skills get buffed/nerfed to balance PvP...and this will most likely have to happen more as they introduce new classes (and, in doing so, more builds). You can max level with pretty much any build, but once you hit 60 you will want to tinker with your specs to adapt to changes in balance between classes...not to mention that your build for PvP may not cut it for dungeoning. What if you want to PvP or dungeon with guild members but need to change your build slightly to adapt to changes in class/role combinations.

Right now your only options are Zen (real money), AD (Lots of grind), or reroll (Waste of time) EVERY TIME you want to respec. I have no problem paying for a respec...but a cost in gold that increases with level makes more sense than charging people money on something so basic.

The one thing I want to see is a comment from the developers as to WHY they chose this model for respecs...it really wouldn't take long to provide a simple explanation (there has to be a reason for it...even if they make something up) and at least it would show that they pay attention to the feedback people are giving them...