test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does anyone else think it's ridiculous to have to pay $6 for respecing?

Comments

• spacecowboy3117spacecowboy3117 Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    Look, you obviously fail at understanding the point of a video game. It is to have fun, if you find yourself playing a game, and you arent having fun, take my advice and stop playing it. What you should not do is go to the forum and incessantly whine in hopes of getting the developers to change the game to fit your needs. You say "$40 is ridiculous i'm not paying that!" I say "Good, then dont" as I swipe my debit card, who do you think the developers are gonna listen to?

.... This is a general discussion forum where we talk about our thoughts and opinions on the game.... That's what I'm doing here... you are WAY more stressed out about this than I am. I'm enjoying my free game at the developer's expense, but lament what COULD have been. You feel the need to curse like a sailor, and I probably gave you a little case of hypertension.
  • drenchkatdrenchkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look, you obviously fail at understanding the point of a video game. It is to have fun, if you find yourself playing a game, and you arent having fun, take my advice and stop playing it. What you should not do is go to the forum and incessantly whine in hopes of getting the developers to change the game to fit your needs. You say "$40 is ridiculous i'm not paying that!" I say "Good, then dont" as I swipe my debit card, who do you think the developers are gonna listen to?

haha PERFECTLY SAID!
  • bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »
    I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't respec but some people are talking like they want to respec daily or even hourly. If you've played D&D type games you should know what skill types fit you playing style already. Constantly respecing is pointless and a waste of money unless you are writting a guide for builds. The earlier post where the player is doing a build for leveling then wants to respec for PVP/Endgame makes sense to me. The only issue I have with that is I expect the level cap to be raised after beta. Until I hit level 60, I'm not thinking of respecing. By then, I'll know which skills I have that are not great and which I'll keep.

it's not pointless ... if you figure out what you like best- for you. You shouldn't date, you should just marry the first person you date. You should only date if you're writing karma-sutra?:cool: :)
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lhyeuze wrote: »
    HOw can I test all the paragon tree then?

Didn't I mention AD can respec feats .... it's like people don't listen.

The encounters and dailies in the paragon trees are the ones you should have put power points in already hence why I said you're doing something wrong if you're respeccing your powers.
    edited May 2013
    drenchkat wrote: »
    haha PERFECTLY SAID!
    It's not perfectly said, it actually violates forum rules, telling people not to play this game. But don't worry, the mods wont do anything about it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDuOUrSPl0ktx9j5GC2GutWkQkJlBYRsV3c-rhyi4YcCRXLCnp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5m2RT9YZME
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The encounters and dailies in the paragon trees are the ones you should have put power points in already hence why I said you're doing something wrong if you're respeccing your powers.

True, but honestly, there's no reason why we shouldn't just get enough points to max all powers anyways really...

Then again you can't argue that they're all incomparable to one another either, and some are slightly misleading or downright no good for the specific purposes some would prefer they fit. Again, a lot of it's subjective though.
  • lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013

Let's I m playing rogue, we can have Dex/str or Dex/Cha rogues.

How can I test every paragon trees since some are better with str than cha?
  • orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lhyeuze wrote: »
    Let's I m playing rogue, we can have Dex/str or Dex/Cha rogues.

How can I test every paragon trees since some are better with str than cha?

Like they do in every other game .... with a spreadsheet
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I like that it costs $6.00 to respec. Keeps everyone from switching to the FOTM and everyone being the same.

6648.shut_5F00_up_5F00_and_5F00_take_5F00_my_5F00_money.png_2D00_610x0.png
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    That doesn't mean the issue is not subjective, for some you could argue, respeccing is not an issue because even IF they completely and utterly gank up their feats and powers, they'll still play the game and not care. Yes, it's a completely and utterly asinine way of looking at it, but THAT is the defense that you're going to eventually run into, and you can't speak for everyone, just choose to decide that it's unacceptable to YOU and then vote with your feet/wallet. No matter how many rude and obnoxious folks spam it out as a cop out, in the end you shouldn't really argue against it, if you don't like it, you walk away from the game or just refuse to spend cash on it, get your enjoyment out of it as much as you can and then leave as soon as you hit the point where the bad outweighs the good.

In short their argument is based on the fact that for many, this game is a "churn n burn" title. In my subjective opinion, there hasn't been much to prove to me that it's not.
    ... Fair enough. I feel my arguments and reasoning are sound enough to share, and I believe the evidence on he forums indicates that a fair number of people agree on some level the price to product value in this game is ridiculous. I am voting with my wallet, but also, depending on the level these forums are watched, letting the company know what I think of their pricing, adding my voice to numerous others, and perhaps warning other potential customers away from a price model that many people agree is ridiculous
    edited May 2013

feats, only, not powers - and at 41 i's 52 or 56k ad. I spend about 4 hours a day playing. my 41 only has 36k AD because you need it for other things too-- And every time I level it goes up. Why doesn't the cash shop price scale with level? you're doing something wrong if you're respecing powers? what if you completely dislike one you put a point into because the tooltip for it was terrible at describing its function?
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    I hope the forum mods do do something about it. If they were to ban me, and then completely disregard every whiney post in this thread...I cannot tell you how happy that would make me.
    Do worry, your game is perfectbro. perfect.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    I hope the forum mods do do something about it. If they were to ban me, and then completely disregard every whiney post in this thread...I cannot tell you how happy that would make me.

By all means I want people to play this game.... For FREE, and not spend money on this ridiculous price scheme, and then mayhaps EVERYONE will be better off... PWI wouldn't look like greedy punks, would actually make more money, and the players including yourself might actually get good value for their investment. As it stands, I enjoy this game enough to play it, for now. And wish they had a monetization plan that was sustainable and a good investment.
    edited May 2013
    ... Fair enough. I feel my arguments and reasoning are sound enough to share, and I believe the evidence on he forums indicates that a fair number of people agree on some level the price to product value in this game is ridiculous. I am voting with my wallet, but also, depending on the level these forums are watched, letting the company know what I think of their pricing, adding my voice to numerous others, and perhaps warning other potential customers away from a price model that many people agree is ridiculous

Well just don't fall into the obvious traps set up by other players, you can already see the arguments that are going on in this thread and... well neither side at this point has anything left to salvage, and they've effectively bombed the thread with rubbish, while onlookers come and gawk at them and throw in the odd encouragement....

People can't just have discussions about this, they have to turn it into a "umad" style lesson in arrogance and sillyness...

If the games monetization decisions don't put you off, and the exploits don't ruin the game for you either. The forums most certainly will make you a bit queasy.
    edited May 2013
    Also, lets be honest, the DND label is the only thing making this price model not immediately collapse. If this was some new MMO without any brand label, with this price scheme it'd be dead on arrival.
    edited May 2013
    Probably shouldn't hold it against them, your name isn't "whiney *****", afterall.

it's pretty clear to anyone reding this forum, like potential paying customers, that despite what mods say, it's something they just don't back up.

No trolling, or flaming.
    Any form of personal insult will not be tolerated. General rule of thumb: if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it.

they leave a lot of evidence in this thread. I have reported you 5 times already. I mean you can't talk without losing it because you know you're wrong.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    it's pretty clear to anyone reding this forum, like potential paying customers, that despite what mods say, it's something they just don't back up.

No trolling, or flaming.
    Any form of personal insult will not be tolerated. General rule of thumb: if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it.

they leave a lot of evidence in this thread. I have reported you 5 times already. I mean you can't talk without losing it because you know you're wrong.

Then stop feeding him, if you think he's trolling/flaming. Otherwise you're trolling also.
    Also, lets be honest, the DND label is the only thing making this price model not immediately collapse. If this was some new MMO without any brand label, with this price scheme it'd be dead on arrival.

This mirrors my own subjective opinion also.
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    By all means I want people to play this game.... For FREE, and not spend money on this ridiculous price scheme

Want to know what's not sustainable? A free 2 play MMO that most people will never spend a dime on. Currently this games pricing model is sustainable. I can afford everything i want off the market without breaking a sweat. I also do not mind paying their prices because i know i'm contributing to future development and content. Just because you think the price is too high, doesnt mean it is. Obviously if they saw a problem with the current prices, they would have done something about it. So please, continue to tell me why you think they care.
    edited May 2013
    Then stop feeding him, if you think he's trolling/flaming. Otherwise you're trolling also.
    I'm not feeding him. And to say someone else is trolling is trolling, don't you read stickys?

I am pointing out facts, that how people like him who badger people that have anything "negative" to say about the perfect game don't seem to violate the rules that have been clearly posted. by the mods themselves. I mean it's a weekday, someones definitely at work.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    Well just don't fall into the obvious traps set up by other players, you can already see the arguments that are going on in this thread and... well neither side at this point has anything left to salvage, and they've effectively bombed the thread with rubbish, while onlookers come and gawk at them and throw in the odd encouragement....

People can't just have discussions about this, they have to turn it into a "umad" style lesson in arrogance and sillyness...

If the games monetization decisions don't put you off, and the exploits don't ruin the game for you either. The forums most certainly will make you a bit queasy.
    Again good point, and I have no intention of posting in the forums all day lol.
    edited May 2013
    I'm not feeding him. And to say someone else is trolling is trolling, don't you read stickys?

You just implied he was trolling, and you've been doing nothing but respond to him...

Responding to trolls (not to state he is) = feeding

Calling him a troll instead of just reporting him and ignoring his posts = Trolling.

I did read the stickey's it seems I'm the only one :/
    Again good point, and I have no intention of posting in the forums all day lol.
    I'm sure there ARE occasionally good posts and discussions with valid arguments that aren't filled with hyperbole and straw man arguments, but you'll have to choose to ignore the other ones that are... suspect...
    edited May 2013
    So good for you for defending him. I am pointing it out to other people in this thread, and anyone that can read- that does not = feeding him.

hey person A = you see how person B is acting towards person C, that violates the rules. And now look, person D is defending person B. Maybe I should pretend like this game is perfect, this forum is regulated objectively, and is not blatantly against anything negative being said about the game.

Oh right, perfectworld!!! HA!
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    So good for you for defending him. I cam pointing it out to other people in this thread, and anyone that can read- that does not = feeding him.

I... AM...NOT...DEFENDING...EITHER...OF...YOU....

You are BOTH as bad as one another at this point, and if you think he's trolling you don't imply it openly, you report him and MOVE ON. If he resorts to ad hominem and garbage or overtly simplified vapid cop out responses, then he's NOT worth responding to, if you spam the thread with non stop hyperbolic claims that this is the "North Korea" of MMO's, well guess what!

You're not adding to this discussion, you're derailing the thread to go after noosed instead and simply rising to his taunts, so yes... if you truly believe he's trolling and that's your claim, use the report function and STOP replying to him.
    edited May 2013
    Soooo...out of curiosity. Who do you think they'd rather keep around here. Someone who likes to play the game, doesn't mind spending a bit of much deserved cash on the store. Or someone on their forums whining about stuff not being cheap enough and comparing their game to north korea, "warning customers of their pricing model"????
    edited May 2013
    I... AM...NOT...DEFENDING...EITHER...OF...YOU....

You are BOTH as bad as one another at this point, and if you think he's trolling you don't imply it openly, you report him and MOVE ON. If he resorts to ad hominem and garbage or overtly simplified vapid cop out responses, then he's NOT worth responding to, if you spam the thread with non stop hyperbolic claims that this is the "North Korea" of MMO's, well guess what!

You're not adding to this discussion, you're derailing the thread to go after noosed instead and simply rising to his taunts, so yes... if you truly believe he's trolling and that's your claim, use the report function and STOP replying to him.

I think i'm going to stop replying to you? I mean you said I am no different correct, but you keep replying to me? Right. So practice what you preach. Obviously.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    oh this again ...

use AD to respec feats ... simplez.

if you have to respec powers more than once, you're doing something very wrong.

Its too expensive to respec with AD as well.

Normally I would respec at least a couple of times a week to try out new builds/ experiment, depending on how deep the game's customization options are. And this game has several options even in one paragon tree that would produce different and interesting builds. Unfortunately I have no way to play with them since the respec cost is too high in either cash or AD.

PS: pls ignore noosed he has trolled several threads to death-the best thing to do is report him but don't respond to his insults.
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    Its too expensive to respec with AD as well.

Normally I would respec at least a couple of times a week to try out new builds/ experiment, depending on how deep the game's customization options are. And this game has several options even in one paragon tree that would produce different and interesting builds. Unfortunately I have no way to play with them since the respec cost is too high in either cash or AD.

Guess that probably means the game isnt designed for you to respec a couple times a week then, doesnt it?
    edited May 2013
    The fact that they Do nothing about blatant name-calling-trolls is totally contradictory to what they claim, and i'ts obvious. If I made a post right now flaiming a mods name, I would get deleted, and restricted. but it's okay to do it to paying customers.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Guess that probably means the game isnt designed for you to respec a couple times a week then, doesnt it?

It is too expensive to respec more than a couple of times period, which is exactly what the thread is about.

PS: I think the mods are volunteer, not sure though but don't be too harsh on them-although I do understand your feelings.
    edited May 2013
    I think i'm going to stop replying to you? I mean you said I am no different correct, but you keep replying to me? Right. So pratice what you preach. Obviously.

I never claimed either of you were trolling, did I? I just said you were both "derailing" the thread, by arguing.

But don't let that discourage you from not responding to this, by any means, I have no intention of trying to get you to stop after this, you keep on walking into the arguments and causing them and you'll just be treated no different to those you have issue with.

Have a nice day. Best of luck. Don't say I didn't try and talk some sense to you.