test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does anyone else think it's ridiculous to have to pay $6 for respecing?

Comments

• yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    Without counting that you can fully respec Feats (that define how you class works more than powers) for AD any time.

The 6$ is a full respec that includes Powers and Stats

The AD cost is also too high to be viable.
  • kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    you have no ideas about gaming, mmos and getting the best out of your char.

as you seem to plan every build perfectly from scratch. pls tell me if i should take

20% AP gain from stealth or
    20% more combat advatage?

Hoiw do you know without testing and respecing what fits your needs the best?

i.d.i.o.t
  • spacecowboy3117spacecowboy3117 Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    If it where only one of these issues. $6 respecs, or $30-40 mounts, or $15-30 companions, etc. Then yeah, people could live with it. The reason I can't stand their pricing model is because EVERYTHING about this game is not geared toward paying a little now, a little in the future.... its geared towards CONNING you into paying lots now, and more later for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you don't need, in a game that's barely stable... and would have been a thousand times better as a pay to play single player RPG. This game makes used car salesmen look like goody two-shoe saints. This game is not Free 2 play.... its a free advertisement for rip-off prices for digital BS that any respectable company would only expect consumers to pay $30-60 once for. ...But because its a 'MMO' and its DND, they can con idiots into paying.
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If it where only one of these issues. $6 respecs, or $30-40 mounts, or $15-30 companions, etc. Then yeah, people could live with it. The reason I can't stand their pricing model is because EVERYTHING about this game is not geared toward paying a little now, a little in the future.... its geared towards CONNING you into paying lots now, and more later for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you don't need, in a game that's barely stable... and would have been a thousand times better as a pay to play single player RPG. This game makes used car salesmen look like goody two-shoe saints. This game is not Free 2 play.... its a free advertisement for rip-off prices for digital BS that any respectable company would only expect consumers to pay $30-60 once for. ...But because its a 'MMO' and its DND, they can con idiots into paying.

So, how bout an example of conning you into to paying lots now and more later, instead of your generalized bull****?
    edited May 2013
    This game actually makes games like Call of Duty that charge for DLC map/weapon packs look like good deals.... its unbelievable. And its incredibly ironic that PWI HQ is in Communist China.... Like I said before, the commies beating us at our own game, hilarious if it wasn't so sad.
    edited May 2013
    how about $40 dollars for a ridable digital teddy bear.... You could buy EVERY SINGLE ****ING DND GAME EVER MADE FROM GAMESTOP FOR THAT PRICE.
  • bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will pay $6 once. I am about to now. but if I have to pay that much again in the future, I won't. And when I starting playing with other classes besides just the first 2 slots, if I have to pay $6 I won't. I am about to purchase 2 more slots, and one respec. Because I CANNOT keep playing and like it without doing so. IF the game still has a high single time respec cost or no account unlock for respecting for my to buy - by the time my 4th character hits 40, i'm pretty sure I will be drifting away even more.

I am reasonable. I am comparing the amount I would spend on a sub game per month and the box cost. I will have hit box cost today. But I also know to really test the builds it will more than likely take 3-4 respecs minimum. making the cost - total too much to test more than one class.

If I only needed one respec, $6 would be great. But that's not the case.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    This game actually makes games like Call of Duty that charge for DLC map/weapon packs look like good deals.... its unbelievable. And its incredibly ironic that PWI HQ is in Communist China.... Like I said before, the commies beating us at our own game, hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

This game actually makes games like WoW and Diablo I and II look like massive failures. There now that i've said it, must mean it's true.
  • jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    people who dont want pay you have option to delete your character and redo it
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    So, how bout an example of conning you into to paying lots now and more later, instead of your generalized bull****?

Ask some of the $200 founders pack people about $160 enchants.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Would you rather not be able to respec? Or maybe you'd be willing to respec for $12 (I was in a game that charged that much and you needed to respect ever month or you would not gain any skills). I for one think that $6 for respec is not bad but then, I do not plan to respec more than once. If you are constantly changing your character, you do not learn to play your character.
    edited May 2013
    This game actually makes games like WoW and Diablo I and II look like massive failures. There now that i've said it, must mean it's true.

You mean like, this game is perfect and so is respeccing?
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    I will pay $6 once. I am about to now. but if I have to pay that much again in the future, I won't. And when I starting playing with other classes besides just the first 2 slots, if I have to pay $6 I won't. I am about to purchase 2 more slots, and one respec. Because I CANNOT keep playing and like it without doing so. IF the game still has a high single time respec cost or no account unlock for respecting for my to buy - by the time my 4th character hits 40, i'm pretty sure I will be drifting away even more.

I am reasonable. I am comparing the amount I would spend on a sub game per month and the box cost. I will have hit box cost today. But I also know to really test the builds it will more than likely take 3-4 respecs minimum. making the cost - total too much to test more than one class.

If I only needed one respec, $6 would be great. But that's not the case.

If you create two characters and respec them both twice, you spent enough on this game to buy the enhanced version of Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter nights 2 plus ALL content EVER MADE. AND a venti mocha from starbucks
    edited May 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »
    Would you rather not be able to respec? Or maybe you'd be willing to respec for $12 (I was in a game that charged that much and you needed to respect ever month or you would not gain any skills). I for one think that $6 for respec is not bad but then, I do not plan to respec more than once. If you are constantly changing your character, you do not learn to play your character.

this is a new game. pretending like there is no need to experiment with builds is like pretending the sky is red.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for this gem, "I'm a giant ****** bag" would have been shorter though.
    I believe this is an example of a flaming troll that "Old Zeb" has posted a sticky about here.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?228181-Security-Advisory-Note-on-Trolling-No-Detailing-Exploits!-(READ!)

and some action should be taken.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    So you mean the completely ****ing optional mount you dont actually need in any way shape or form? Good point.

.... Ask PVPers about the speed difference of the purple mounts.... and to upgrade your own only costs more than a cool million astral diamonds ....Beyond that though, no they are not 'needed' NOTHING in this game is needed, I don't need to play this game. I have enjoyed it so far, but the prices are revolting... and half the stuff they charge money for doesn't even work right, see companions..... 'Oh but its beta' you will say.... well that's even more underhanded because they are charging money for products that are not fully tested.... 'well that's the point of beta' ..... awesome, well, why should they expect us to pay out enough for an entire LIBRARY of FULLY TESTED, completely customizable, and playable without dependency on shaky servers????????????? ..... Their entire monetization scheme is a rip-off. Product value from Respecs to mounts is WAY off.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There's no point in arguing that the systems are "fair" or "unfair" or even "terrible" or "perfect"

All it boils down to really is the personal preferences which dictate if this is the kind of game we'd spend money on, and for some it's subjectively just another MMO with a squandered IP.
    edited May 2013
    Flying mounts in the other game are $25, and you can get up to speed of 456% --these don't even fly! lol
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    I guess the only people the forum mods take action against are only the people who have "bad" things to say about "the game." It's like Chinese Facebook up in here.

Long Live Mother PWE!!!! For her HONOR!!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoEanGhIwIfihjei10x0MnDwZfwKkh_f9oXhcQ0fOTk1eFuVvpxQ
    JOO RILL PRAY THE GRAME EXWACTLY AS UT EES AND RIKE UT!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5m2RT9YZME
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    The gameplay is good, the story is entertaining enough, the companion system needs to be reworked and more customizability added... I would be tempted drop $30-60 dollars once on this game if they had access to ingame currency only respecs, at least one variety of green or better companions and mounts, and craftable bags, even if it would take a month or so to achieve those things. ...but as things stand now I feel like this game wants to convince you to pay for 'convenience' that I could get a lot cheaper elsewhere.... so I will enjoy my trip to 60, play around a bit, and probably get bored due to 'convenience' being walled behind rip-off prices.
    edited May 2013
    Look, you obviously fail at understanding the point of a video game. It is to have fun, if you find yourself playing a game, and you arent having fun, take my advice and stop playing it. What you should not do is go to the forum and incessantly whine in hopes of getting the developers to change the game to fit your needs. You say "$40 is ridiculous i'm not paying that!" I say "Good, then dont" as I swipe my debit card, who do you think the developers are gonna listen to?
    edited May 2013
    The gameplay is good, the story is entertaining enough, the companion system needs to be reworked and more customizability added... I would be tempted drop $30-60 dollars once on this game if they had access to ingame currency only respecs, at least one variety of green or better companions and mounts, and craftable bags, even if it would take a month or so to achieve those things. ...but as things stand now I feel like this game wants to convince you to pay for 'convenience' that I could get a lot cheaper elsewhere.... so I will enjoy my trip to 60, play around a bit, and probably get bored due to 'convenience' being walled behind rip-off prices.

^ this.

It's an opinion. It's his, and there's no misleading claims in it.
    edited May 2013
    Look, you obviously fail at understanding the point of a video game. It is to have fun, if you find yourself playing a game, and you arent having fun, take my advice and stop playing it. What you should not do is go to the forum and incessantly whine in hopes of getting the developers to change the game to fit your needs. You say "$40 is ridiculous i'm not paying that!" I say "Good, then dont" as I swipe my debit card, who do you think the developers are gonna listen to?

= the sky is red = this GAME IS PERFECT!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoEanGhIwIfihjei10x0MnDwZfwKkh_f9oXhcQ0fOTk1eFuVvpxQ
    JOO RILL PRAY THE GRAME EXWACTLY AS UT EES AND RIKE UT!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5m2RT9YZME

Pay for this game too, I should get everything the way I want!!! who do you think they are gonna listen to!! lets see who can spend the most!!!
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    There's no point in arguing that the systems are "fair" or "unfair" or even "terrible" or "perfect"

All it boils down to really is the personal preferences which dictate if this is the kind of game we'd spend money on, and for some it's subjectively just another MMO with a squandered IP.
    .... I'm not talking fair, I'm comparing what $6 can buy you, and hours of entertainment... $6 to change your mind, especially if you have altitis... its just not worth it compared to all the other forms of entertainment available.... even more true for the higher priced items like companions and mounts. And if you are the type of person that likes to push the envelope of a game's content its even worse because of the enchantment system.
  • lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    Do not listen to Noosed, he is a troll
  • orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh this again ...

use AD to respec feats ... simplez.

if you have to respec powers more than once, you're doing something very wrong.
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    this is a new game. pretending like there is no need to experiment with builds is like pretending the sky is red.

I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't respec but some people are talking like they want to respec daily or even hourly. If you've played D&D type games you should know what skill types fit you playing style already. Constantly respecing is pointless and a waste of money unless you are writting a guide for builds. The earlier post where the player is doing a build for leveling then wants to respec for PVP/Endgame makes sense to me. The only issue I have with that is I expect the level cap to be raised after beta. Until I hit level 60, I'm not thinking of respecing. By then, I'll know which skills I have that are not great and which I'll keep.
  • lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    oh this again ...

use AD to respec feats ... simplez.

if you have to respec powers more than once, you're doing something very wrong.

HOw can I test all the paragon tree then?
    edited May 2013
    .... I'm not talking fair, I'm comparing what $6 can buy you, and hours of entertainment... $6 to change your mind, especially if you have altitis... its just not worth it compared to all the other forms of entertainment available.... even more true for the higher priced items like companions and mounts. And if you are the type of person that likes to push the envelope of a game's content its even worse because of the enchantment system.

That doesn't mean the issue is not subjective, for some you could argue, respeccing is not an issue because even IF they completely and utterly gank up their feats and powers, they'll still play the game and not care. Yes, it's a completely and utterly asinine way of looking at it, but THAT is the defense that you're going to eventually run into, and you can't speak for everyone, just choose to decide that it's unacceptable to YOU and then vote with your feet/wallet. No matter how many rude and obnoxious folks spam it out as a cop out, in the end you shouldn't really argue against it, if you don't like it, you walk away from the game or just refuse to spend cash on it, get your enjoyment out of it as much as you can and then leave as soon as you hit the point where the bad outweighs the good.

In short their argument is based on the fact that for many, this game is a "churn n burn" title. In my subjective opinion, there hasn't been much to prove to me that it's not.
    If you've played D&D type games you should know what skill types fit you playing style already.

Completely. And utterly. Irrelevant.
    edited May 2013
    that fact is, for what I would spend on getting just roughly 10 characters/classes with full bank slots and nice bags in this game ... that's like what I spent on 10 years of all other games. And if I did that VIA AD conversion .... the time investment would be astronomical.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf