test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• inc0gnegr0inc0gnegr0 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    because ZEN = time spent right?

All that would do is make banks very angry with all the chargebacks happening at once.

Who the fk cares about time spent? MMO's don't owe you anything for "time spent". All they need to return is the Zen paid for with cash.
  • ryftlordryftlord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hah. The funny thing is time has almost nothing to do with it.
    Ja'kreen - "The Laughing Vulcan"
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Prime reason why opening the cash shop prior to launch of a big title was such a bad idea.

But, gotta make that money.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lol at the video's. That's worse than I'd have thought, pretty big bug to make it into launch. What with one shotting an epic boss and all.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • spodeanspodean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WTF.. I wouldn't care less if someone made a toon to 60 in 1 day! What does it matter? how does this affect me? They wasted the game for themselves as far as I am concerned.

How the hell would a character wipe solve anything for that matter?
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    Still waiting for that explanation.

Roll up a character in Champions Online and Star Trek Online. Play for a while. You'll see. Check out the forum boards for either game. Heck, both. You'll see.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    You missed one also:

Are you a free to play player who is abusing the way BoE items are atm to make 50+ million AD a week then to only buy free Zen with that money where others, like myself have actually bought it with real money.

And yet you still have no explanation.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Imho, so many players have used and abused so many ways to level and cheat their way through to max level and farm millions of AD via exploits and in my eyes, these people have already quit the game.

There should be a full game wipe of all characters once all the issues are fixed and rectified.

Ive spent like $100 bucks so far on this game so how about no.

AND YOURSELF you've at least paid over $200...dude are you mad?
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Agree with OP, a wipe is necessary.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    And yet you still have no explanation.

It has been explained several times over and over again with links and other players also extending how they feel on the issue , feel free to shut your mouth, stop being a moron, extend your index finger several times to the north and go back and re-read everything.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still suggest just having legacy shards instead of wiping, and new shards with different options/settings to cater for different groups.
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who wants a fresh start needs to realize they are going to fall behind in the rat race very quickly anyway.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »

Duh, obviously any zen bought would be refunded on your account (same with ad granted for packages).
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Am I mad? Yes, very mad that this game is currently in open beta with no indication of what is going on. Lack of communication in this games development has been pretty poor, even during alpha and closed beta.

I am pretty sure all of us who were here during those times, did not expect this game to turn out like it has. Thats what makes us mad.

What are they doing about it? Silence /crickets
    edited May 2013
    spodean wrote: »
    WTF.. I wouldn't care less if someone made a toon to 60 in 1 day! What does it matter? how does this affect me? They wasted the game for themselves as far as I am concerned.

How the hell would a character wipe solve anything for that matter?

To be perfectly fair, if I put in 8 hours straight of just questing on a new character, no distractions, I could likely make at least level 30. Blazing through leveling up in a game isn't necessarily a crime if that were the issue here, but apparently it isn't.
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
    edited May 2013
    Wiping people that exploit maybe. But I got my toon to 60 legit U_U .

See when your killing weeds you dig up your whole TOWN! dont you >_>
  • pelarius2046pelarius2046 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    @ OP, no - no it doesn't.
    Theohelm, Guardian of the Dalelands.
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You also need to realize that all the gear people have right now will be obsolete in some patch in the not-too-distant future. So that's not even a big deal.

If they made millions of AD farming epics and selling them to suckers who did not realize this then it's more on the suckers than the farmers.
    edited May 2013
    @ OP, no - no it doesn't.

-Said the Exploiter
    edited May 2013

^ I want that on a T-Shirt xD
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
  • zarkheszarkhes Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Whoa slow down cowboy!
    Why you want to wipe all the players?You want to asume that players like me who slowly crawl they way to 60 (34 level now, torturing myself at a lair of a mad dragon), read every quest, exploring foundry, and have actual history of a character did cheat?
    edited May 2013

Leveling to 60 takes 3 days tops. That is CERTAINLY not the issue here.
    edited May 2013
    Am I mad? Yes, very mad that this game is currently in open beta with no indication of what is going on. Lack of communication in this games development has been pretty poor, even during alpha and closed beta.

I am pretty sure all of us who were here during those times, did not expect this game to turn out like it has. Thats what makes us mad.

What are they doing about it? Silence /crickets

Other MMO's have toon wiped exploiters without toon wiping legit players what you are putting forward is just overkill.
  • verbal2verbal2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wiping every character would probably be the death of this game after explicitly saying multiple times that there would be no wipes, plus at this point many people are invested into their characters to some degree, it would be a total disaster. Oh and on top of that seeing as they have been accepting money for the zen store, all those people that have used that on in game items or currency would have to be reimbursed, another huge hassle. Exploiters should definitely be banned permanently though.
    edited May 2013
    zarkhes wrote: »
    Whoa slow down cowboy!
    Why you want to wipe all the players?You want to asume that players like me who slowly crawl they way to 60 (34 level now, torturing myself at a lair of a mad dragon), read every quest, exploring foundry, and have actual history of a character did cheat?

Took me a day and a half of casual gaming to reach level 34.
    edited May 2013
    Other MMO's have toon wiped exploiters without toon wiping legit players what you are putting forward is just overkill.

Yes, because all exploiters are dumb and use their main account to do the exploiting...zzz
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    inc0gnegr0 wrote: »
    Leveling to 60 takes 3 days tops. That is CERTAINLY not the issue here.

Umm...no it doesn't. I've been playing since the initial open beta period and my highest has yet to hit 30.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Umm...no it doesn't. I've been playing since the initial open beta period and my highest has yet to hit 30.

LMAO llollllllllllllllllll
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »

Then you're bad? What you want me to tell you?
    edited May 2013
    inc0gnegr0 wrote: »
    Yes, because all exploiters are dumb and use their main account to do the exploiting...zzz

Still no real good reason to go back on their word
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
This discussion has been closed.