What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• demetrius94demetrius94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nah
    /10 char
  • dynamicdyanmitedynamicdyanmite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    ITT: OP is the smartest man to ever come across this forum and you're all ignorant.

...Am I doing this right, guy?
  • silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Still not sure how this is a make/break for a game, that has only been out 18 days. They already fixed the exp exploits in the Foundry, so whats your problem? It will all eventually get fixed. If you wanna ragequit cuz some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> exploited to level 60 in 4 hours and it took you 18 days, who cares? The game is brand new. Imo the only forum they should have at all when a new game is released is a "Report Bug" thread. Anything else should be deleted. Sick of all the cry baby emo cutter threads of nerf this nerf that buff this buff that, wha wha wha I cant figure out how to heal or how to tank or how to beat a rogue in pvp so make me better posts. Its laughable, the only reason I even waste my time on this stupid forum is because I am work and cant actually play. I spend my time actually playing, and learning my class, .....maybe you trolls should follow my lead and do the same.

P.S. If you arent having fun........./uninstall I for one and am having a blast with my cleric =P

Cheers!

You should stop visiting the parts of the forum you hate then. You seem like just another whiner imo. Some of the complaints are good ones. There isn't just complaining on forums, people ***** and complain in game to. Go have fun instead of worrying about other people. If you didn't care you wouldn't respond with annoyance.

Go read the bug report section of the forum. That's all you'd be looking at anyway from work if it was the only section.
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    But its Open Beta, right guys? Don't like the server resets, quit. It's that simple, so you keep telling me.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    john242424 wrote: »
    If they do that and it won't happen, Cryptic will have to refund every dime people have spent in the zen store. Oh yeah, will never happen.

Not really. They just need to refund the Zen.

And as for how it can affect others, PvP.
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Not really. They just need to refund the Zen.

And as for how it can affect others, PvP.

PvE too, just not as bad as PvP.
  • lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    But its Open Beta, right guys? Don't like the server resets, quit. It's that simple, so you keep telling me.

No wipe = release
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    markand60 wrote: »
    Don't cry....just cos you actually have to play the game.

This should be the slogan for free to play MMOs everywhere.
    edited May 2013

LOL open beta is just an excuse for companies to collect money while the game is still being "fixed".
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    This should be the slogan for free to play MMOs everywhere.

LOL too good.
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lots of free to play games open up the shop while in beta and say no more wipes.....MWO for one and age of wushu.
    Get with the times.
    edited May 2013
    sileste wrote: »
    LOL open beta is just an excuse for companies to collect money while the game is still being "fixed".

Yeah I know and on that note, people need to also realize that because this is still in Open Beta and not being happy with your current purachse or the state the product is in, you are well with in your right to ask for your money back, every dime of it.

Just saying, not at you Sil, just in general.
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    Lots of free to play games open up the shop while in beta and say no more wipes.....MWO for one and age of wushu.
    Get with the times.

MWO done several wipes during closed and open beta and reimbursed everyone thier money back.

Get the facts straight.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I know and on that note, people need to also realize that because this is still in Open Beta and not being happy with your current purachse or the state the product is in, you are well with in your right to ask for your money back, every dime of it.

Not really. It was your decision to spend money on Zen, then transfer it into the game, despite having been clearly informed that the game is still in beta.

EDIT: The 2-step transfer is there for a reason. Zen is an established currency for PWO games, hence it has nothing at all to do with any sort of beta: it's a complete service by itself. That you decide to use said service on a beta is your decision alone, and asking a refund based on something you bought in Neverwinter would be akin to asking a refund on cash vouchers just because the product you spent them on sucks.
  • fuumanchuuu1fuumanchuuu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Says the guy who spent $200 for an advantage.
    edited May 2013
    Not really. It was your decision to spend money on Zen, then transfer it into the game, despite having been clearly informed that the game is still in beta.

Paypal protection is a beautiful thing when you don't get the full product you paid for, but we won't go there, I was simply saying.
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MWO done several wipes during closed and open beta and reimbursed everyone thier money back.

Get the facts straight.

Yes during closed beta but not one during open beta I know because Iam a founder and have been playing since closed beta started so please get your facts right.
    MWO have said the same as this game when open beta began no more wipes and cash shop is open.
    edited May 2013

I paid $200 bux, like many others, not for an advantage, but during alpha and closed beta, I considered then that the game was worth the money given the effort they had given it.

Now, in Open Beta, I am starting to seriously doubt it, like many others also.
  • ursadorableursadorable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013

I never paid for an advantage.. I bought founders to support the company and the unique mount. I've rerolled so many times until I found the class I wanted to play.. he's currently lvl 21, so advantage, I don't think so.

Regardless, cheaters who exploited levels don't affect me one bit, nor my enjoyment of the game.

QQ moar!
    edited May 2013

And PW doesn't like to give money back. I don't even think they offer refunds. They won't do a wipe if majority of the people paying will demand their money back if it happens. Why make majority of the people mad, just to make a few satisfied because of cheaters?
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013

EDIT: The 2-step transfer is there for a reason. Zen is an established currency for PWO games, hence it has nothing at all to do with any sort of beta: it's a complete service by itself. That you decide to use said service on a beta is your decision alone, and asking a refund based on something you bought in Neverwinter would be akin to asking a refund on cash vouchers just because the product you spent them on sucks.

Negative. wrong. incorrect. They can have a "2 step process" all they want. Our consumer protection laws won't care one bit.

They provided an avenue for you to funnel real world currency into a service or product they are providing. As far as the law is concerned that is all that matters. They can call it Alpha, Beta, or Zeta, it doesn't matter. No to mention the game itself cost money. They have made a product available as general availability public purchase for a monetary amount. They can call it dog poo for all they want. It doesnt matter.

They sold a product and took a customers money. Period.
    edited May 2013
    Paypal protection is a beautiful thing when you don't get the full product you paid for, but we won't go there, I was simply saying.

You got the full product: Zen (or in the case of the example, cash vouchers). That you proceeded to spend it on something you're dissatisfied with doesn't mean you get to refund the cash, only that you might get a refund on the Zen, or given an equivalent substitute.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sileste wrote: »
    And PW doesn't like to give money back. I don't even think they offer refunds. They won't do a wipe if majority of the people paying will demand their money back if it happens. Why make majority of the people mad, just to make a few satisfied because of cheaters?
    It's not just refunds either it's loss of future income. If you say no character wipes then wipe them you lose players period end of story. To go that route you might as well close the servers now.
    edited May 2013
    Negative. wrong. incorrect. They can have a "2 step process" all they want. Our consumer protection laws won't care one bit.

They provided an avenue for you to funnel real world currency into a service or product they are providing. As far as the law is concerned that is all that matters. They can call it Alpha, Beta, or Zeta, it doesn't matter. No to mention the game itself cost money. They have made a product available as general availability public purchase for a monetary amount. They can call it dog poo for all they want. It doesnt matter.

^ This. Enough said on that topic I think.
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You got the full product: Zen (or in the case of the example, cash vouchers). That you proceeded to spend it on something you're dissatisfied with doesn't mean you get to refund the cash, only that you might get a refund on the Zen, or given an equivalent substitute.

Wrong again.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    markand60 wrote: »
    And what do you intend to do with the folk who have paid hard cash to level as far as they have got?

Don't cry....just cos you actually have to play the game.
    You give them their Zen back. Many people got to the levels they did cause of some exploit in the foundry as I hear it. So they actually cheated to achieve the level they now have.50-60 levels in one week is not really a lot of work. Just a bunch of exploiting a borked system.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
    edited May 2013

The founders yes, those are directly spent on the game. However, Zen doesn't have a similar protection, because you didn't spend money on the game, you spent money on Zen. (and then spent the Zen on something else) At the very worst case, their only obligation is to refund the Zen, and then you've to make a separate case that the Zen doesn't not provide the advertised service, something you'd be hard pressed to do, because it functions exactly as advertised.
  • nitemarelonewolfnitemarelonewolf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So much hatred in this thread.

A beta that won't wipe I think is just a bad move. They have handcuffed themselves. It is the free to play model, but they are shooting themselves in the foot badly by offering it.

With that being said, they did offer it, and they will have to live or die by that decision. Can't wipe the characters sadly, if they made that promise then asked people to give them money to excel in this model. Otherwise their word means nothing. As much as I agree it would help the longevity of the game, economies have a way of balancing themselves out, and that will happen here as well.

I know your hope is to see this game do the best that it can, but sadly most people play these games, and invest money in these games, to become as best as they can in as short of a period of time as possible. That is how they chose to play it, and frankly they are paying most of the company salaries moving forward by doing so. It may not have the games best interest in mind, but it is what happens when they offer this type of game.

I did play WoW, as well as a few other MMOs. The reality I have learned with all of them is that everyone plays to their own needs and desires, and trying to control those is a thankless and useless task (this thread should point that out clearly, lol). Find a bunch of like minded people, and ignore the rest. If you don't, this game will not be enjoyable to you.

And though I have been in here since Alpha, I just rolled a toon up last night for the first time in open beta (5 levels), so my level has nothing to do with my opinions.
  • denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Incorrect.

You're leaving out the simple point that when they started accepting monetary payments, they had also stated that there would be no wipes. That statement alone changes things dramatically.
This discussion has been closed.