test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    We are talking about Character wipes, not account wipes......../facepalm

Same thing... I would not start again if my character was wiped. And would be quite vocal at asking refund. I started playing seriously only after no wipe was announced, wipe it off and I'm done and feeling cheated too.

Ask your characters to be wiped, don't ask it for others.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Imho, so many players have used and abused so many ways to level and cheat their way through to max level and in my eyes, these people have already quit the game.

There should be a full game wipe of all characters once all the issues are fixed and rectified.

If those people have already quit the game... What would ht purpose of a character wipe be?

I vote no on your proposal. It's just not very thought out.
  • zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I did, they fixed the issue but the AD has already been injected into the game with no roll backs.

Do you not realize you can trade AD for Zen?

Do you relize that ZEN is currency to buy DIGITAL goods right? If you for example cheat to get some ****ing glowing horse it cost them nothing to give it to you.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Anyways, its quite clear now after the responses here that there is simply alot of clueless people in regards to how bad things really are.

Sure you can always pull the wool over your eyes and pretend everything is ok, but when your friends and guildies start quiting because of it, you soon will follow.
  • gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    Anyways, its quite clear now after the responses here that there is simply alot of clueless people in regards to how bad things really are.

Sure you can always pull the wool over your eyes and pretend everything is ok, but when your friends and guildies start quiting because of it, you soon will follow.

They'd quit for sure if you wiped their character you twit. lol!
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Or you can just move on and stop crying about it. Thismass AD influx hasnt effected me at all because no one can P2W over me in PVE.

On know they killed a monster faster then I did, what a shame since we were in a dungeon together.

Seriously grow up.
  • dynamicdyanmitedynamicdyanmite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013

You sound like a proper condescending bigot. Which community college did you graduate from?
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zorpenn wrote: »
    Do you relize that ZEN is currency to buy DIGITAL goods right? If you for example cheat to get some ****ing glowing horse it cost them nothing to give it to you.

Not sure what you mean, but no thats not what we are talking about. The AD injection I am talking about was exploited, massively and yes, thats right, free zen = no money for PW, get it now? Or still a little thick around the ears?
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it is safe to say the forum community says a big fat "NO" to the Op's idea lol :rolleyes:
    edited May 2013
    Not sure what you mean, but no thats not what we are talking about. The AD injection I am talking about was exploited, massively and yes, thats right, free zen = no money for PW, get it now? Or still a little thick around the ears?

What AD injection? Level 60 players selling gear? The hero of the north pack has a MUCH bigger effect but you don't seem to mind that do you.

Wipe the characters and you'd have more 60s in a day or 2. Have you even attempted to think this through?
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Still not sure how this is a make/break for a game, that has only been out 18 days. They already fixed the exp exploits in the Foundry, so whats your problem? It will all eventually get fixed. If you wanna ragequit cuz some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> exploited to level 60 in 4 hours and it took you 18 days, who cares? The game is brand new. Imo the only forum they should have at all when a new game is released is a "Report Bug" thread. Anything else should be deleted. Sick of all the cry baby emo cutter threads of nerf this nerf that buff this buff that, wha wha wha I cant figure out how to heal or how to tank or how to beat a rogue in pvp so make me better posts. Its laughable, the only reason I even waste my time on this stupid forum is because I am work and cant actually play. I spend my time actually playing, and learning my class, .....maybe you trolls should follow my lead and do the same.

P.S. If you arent having fun........./uninstall I for one and am having a blast with my cleric =P

Cheers!

I agree with that 100%, even the fact that I'm only here because I can't play it at work. Other than a very few helpful thread these forums are sad. oh and I've never cheated, if you guys play you'll find out you level quite fast, every 60 out there isn't a cheater.
    edited May 2013
    Just curious, how many free to play players will stick around when you have to buy a Starter Kit or Guardian pack?
  • razorjack156razorjack156 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The main problem here is .. the opening posters inability to grasp the fact that people who exploit to top level basically doesn't really matter to anything but his own E-peen.

As for PW? Losing money? LOL they are making it hand over fist. These so called Free to Play games don't care if you stick around for a long time, they only want as many people to visit it as they can so they can sucker them into buying their zen. It's the free to play model. You get to 60 fast because of the simple fact if you start another character .. u will have to buy more zen, especially if you are into cosmetics.

The old monthly charge games were the ones that wanted you to stick around, because that is where their money comes from. The new generation of MMO's chews you up and spits you out.
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just curious, how many free to play players will stick around when you have to buy a Starter Kit or Guardian pack?

None because then the game is no longer Free to play but becomes Buy to Play
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Imho, so many players have used and abused so many ways to level and cheat their way through to max level and in my eyes, these people have already quit the game.

There should be a full game wipe of all characters once all the issues are fixed and rectified.

This isn't a contest. This isn't a race.

Why do you even care? You can't even inspect people in this game and even see what kind of gear they have.

Man gotta love the warcraft generation.
    edited May 2013

I think the game is worth $60, but I won't pay it if I don't need to. If I had to I would pay though.

It seems you're mad because you tried to pay to win and have failed.
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    I think it is safe to say the forum community says a big fat "NO" to the Op's idea lol :rolleyes:

I guess so......
  • zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Your argument is only valid if peoeple would BUY ZEN for 100% when there would be no way to get it free, then yes, it will be loss for PW, But you cant assume that for a fact.

If i (and probably many others) would get FREE Zen (cheated or no) it doesnt mean that if PW would take it back from me then i would buy same amount for real $.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How much money have you spent on the game? Be honest.

$40. If a wipe happened, I'd be out of here.

(as would a large portion of the current playerbase. And the outcry echoing across the gaming news sites on the internet would guarantee mocking & derision not seen since Simcity. As well as making sure no one new signed up. There would be no "longevity of the game" if such a thing happened. Might as well just give up and turn off the servers.)

edit: if anything warped the beginning economy of the game it was 1. the giant piles of instant AD that Founders brought in, and 2. the 5-day headstart those Founders used to get themselves a commanding position atop the economy (between being the first to auction purples, and the first to max out professions.)
    edited May 2013
    This isn't a contest. This isn't a race.

Why do you even care? You can't even inspect people in this game and even see what kind of gear they have.

Man gotta love the warcraft generation.

Gotta love the lack of intelligence in humanity today because clearly, I had to play WoW to notice serious issues which players, like yourself, care not for when a Designers game is seriously affected by it.

Seriously kid grow up. I never played WoW for the record.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »

(as would a large portion of the current playerbase. And the outcry echoing across the gaming new sites on the internet would guarantee mocking & derision not seen since Simcity. As well as making sure no one new signed up. There would be no "longevity of the game" if such a thing happened. Might as well just give up and turn off the servers.)
    a million times this.
  • ryftlordryftlord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, the AD would have made it's way into the system either way, it just got put in alot quicker, so a bit of a hole in your argument there. Just sayin.
    Ja'kreen - "The Laughing Vulcan"
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    john242424 wrote: »
    If they do that and it won't happen, Cryptic will have to refund every dime people have spent in the zen store. Oh yeah, will never happen.
    Don't say won't. MWO had several resets in closed Beta and one at open. At those times all money spent for in game currency was refunded(in game). There was no outcry, or at least not a large amount. Some folks will complain when a game gives them free currency cause "It's not a fair amount."
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
    edited May 2013
    zorpenn wrote: »
    Your argument is only valid if peoeple would BUY ZEN for 100% when there would be no way to get it free, then yes, it will be loss for PW, But you cant assume that for a fact.

If i (and probably many others) would get FREE Zen (cheated or no) it doesnt mean that if PW would take it back from me then i would buy same amount for real $.

I think you are seriously misunderstanding whats happening here, so we will leave it at that.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great idea, punish everyone for the actions of a few. After over 2 weeks I just hit 51 or 52 and would just LOVE to do all that again at a slower rate of reduced XP from everything, I can hardly wait to get started.
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think you are seriously misunderstanding whats happening here, so we will leave it at that.

Then why don't you explain it slowly for us then?
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »

(as would a large portion of the current playerbase. And the outcry echoing across the gaming news sites on the internet would guarantee mocking & derision not seen since Simcity. As well as making sure no one new signed up. There would be no "longevity of the game" if such a thing happened. Might as well just give up and turn off the servers.)

edit: if anything warped the beginning economy of the game it was 1. the giant piles of instant AD that Founders brought in, and 2. the 5-day headstart those Founders used to get themselves a commanding position atop the economy (between being the first to auction purples, and the first to max out professions.)

Is your 2 days worth of total gameplay time worth 5 years of a developers time to watch thier game go down the toilet?

BTW, it's 20 bux, not 40. 59 for the Guardian pack.
    edited May 2013

Thats the only thing you are saying. Like i said before, explain it to us so we can be as much "wise" as you are now.
  • ryftlordryftlord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Who is misunderstanding what?
    Ja'kreen - "The Laughing Vulcan"
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    Then why don't you explain it slowly for us then?

Feel free to use your index finger and kindly scroll up.
This discussion has been closed.