Install Arc
Options

Network Maintenance @ 6AM on 5.12.13 Pacific Time

Comments

• Options
    tarkaroshetarkaroshe Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joeknight wrote: »
    Yeah they should put in game messages warning that server is coming down. most other MMO's do.

Agreed. However, reading the last post by the admin, it would appear that this situation wasn't actually intended:
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All - Apologies for the lack of in-game warnings, and for the incorrect date listed in the Launcher. Both of these were errors on our side. We'll do our best to make sure that these are in place and correct for future downtimes. Thanks for reporting these issues, and thank you for your support!

Hence why I've edited my post.

So, I'll forgive them just this once. They admitted they were at fault. Hopefully we'll get clearer communication on downtime in the future.
  • Options
    crapjackscrapjacks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    porcoddio wrote: »
    Also the downtime is in one of the prime hours for eurpoean players ,so,as always **** europe huh?

Fun isn't it say a Euro guy :D
  • Options
    clanchaosclanchaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The maintenance should have started half an hour ago...and should conclude in about an hour. From the OP's post.

I find it funny that everyone *****es about downtime when this is a beta. This is what it is for to find the bugs and fix them before the "actual launch".
  • Options
    karalius73karalius73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patience redeem any inconvenience. After all, we ourselves discover bugs in the game, inform game developers, and they are trying to correct them. next question is whether it is possible to do apartments on weekdays? I think here we can discuss.
    Thus, more kindness, patience and respect for each other! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    pwikriptapwikripta Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so now 1 hour left from update right?
  • Options
    omegabluefireomegabluefire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just love the fact that we are having tons of down time and maintenance during the double diamond weekend. With no proper heads up or anything so it's even more frustrating. Also why isn't down time and maintenance put in the News & Announcements area? I'm fairly certain that it is a nice announcement. I know this is beta and there are going to be issues and bugs, but with a company that has been doing this for a long time with many other games they should have certain procedures already in place. (i.e. In game warnings, Proper forum setup so when you go looking for server/maintenance new and announcements they are easy to find, and company presents on the forums so that when people are having issues they know that someone is listening.) I know this is a free to play game, but alot of people have spent alot of money on it already and I am pretty sure that they have made equivalent money to it being pay-to-play and should be alittle more active. This is a great game and they have done good work on it. Just need better public interaction and communication.
  • Options
    kenodeenakenodeena Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also the downtime is in one of the prime hours for eurpoean players ,so,as always **** europe huh?
    Sorry that it's during your prime time. A convenient time for Europe happens to fall in prime play time for the US (assuming an 8-11 hour difference between the two) and I'm sure the one time that works for both would be prime time for Australia. No matter when it happens, it's going to be inconvenient for someone.
  • Options
    qittyqitty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree with most of the criticism, not so great to have scheduled downtime around this time, but you do what you must in that regard. Open Betas can be shaky, but for a company who has done this a time or two it is a bit disappointing. Ta for recognizing the downtime notice error, look forward to seeing the changes the further along we get in open beta!

Thanks again!
  • Options
    evileye0420evileye0420 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Haha yeah...Europe. Ahem, Id like to quote one of my favorite lines from a song: We got guns, you're all g*y, we got bombs, Happy Meals and grenades. I do whatever the **** I want Im an American.

Thus, we win.
  • Options
    zeroxoszeroxos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The client says the wrong date x-x just fyi
    EDIT: NVM ME IM DUMB
    They already know
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    karalius73 wrote: »
    Patience redeem any inconvenience. After all, we ourselves discover bugs in the game, inform game developers, and they are trying to correct them. next question is whether it is possible to do apartments on weekdays? I think here we can discuss.
    Thus, more kindness, patience and respect for each other! :rolleyes:

It's all very well preaching for patience, but wouldn't you be a slightly bit annoyed if you had made arrangements to do something with someone only for them to fail to notify you of a change in plans, especially when they KNEW about it in advance?

I know I would. So I think people can be forgiven for getting a little annoyed when Cryptic failed to communicate the right date for the maintenance.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zeroxos wrote: »
    The client says the wrong date x-x just fyi

It's already been acknowledged by Cryptic:
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All - Apologies for the lack of in-game warnings, and for the incorrect date listed in the Launcher. Both of these were errors on our side. We'll do our best to make sure that these are in place and correct for future downtimes. Thanks for reporting these issues, and thank you for your support!
  • Options
    ackbar7ackbar7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Love the game so far can't wait to play today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
  • Options
    subj3kt17subj3kt17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is a decent game in it's own right, but let's face it, it's clearly not in the spirit of traditional D&D, nor is it anything like the setting I've read in R.A. Salvatore's books. That being said, it's fun to play...when we can play. As long as I enjoy the combat, I'll play. The above mentioned factors bother me enough as is, and this weekend is rapidly diminishing my desire to keep playing.
  • Options
    thepadfutonianthepadfutonian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jhenara wrote: »
    Don't be fooled. The free-to-play format has been very lucrative for some games, and Cryptic believes it will make them more cash than a pay-to-play game, or they wouldn't have chosen it. I'm not saying it's wrong, just saying that it's business, and nobody is by any means offering up anything without expecting and hoping to get a great deal back for it.

This guy gets it! heh.

I understand that too. Microtransactions are known to be much more profitable than p2p. Hey, but in society, the profit-driven approach is one of the most powerful ones around. Clearly shown here, if p2p was more profitable, NWO will probably be p2p. And that means some of us won't get the chance to play it, because its gonna be like 'eww 14.95 a month? no way'.

money talks. if everyone's consistently buying stuff from them, they'll either

get greedy and ruin the game, or

balance it out, keep current players interested as well as adding more products into the store. Personally i hope they do the latter.
  • Options
    tarrax7tarrax7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kenodeena wrote: »
    The sarcasm is unappreciated and the post wasn't specifically directed at you or even this specific instance of the servers being down. There are countless posts from people complaining about one thing or another that are common things that happen during a beta phase of a game.

If they've done it for every other planned down time, why be so pissed off the one time they make a mistake?

Apologies for the sarcasm. I was upset no one had bothered to apologise as you'll clearly see two post ahead of my last reply to you where I thank the Moderator for just such an apology.
  • Options
    jynxed2jynxed2 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys are funny, while this is more or less a live game it does still say open beta so I wouldn't expect normal maintenance windows or normal uptime as that's the point of betas....to get things ready. Go enjoy time with your moms or heck just go do something else for awhile it will be ok.

That said in game messages wouldn't be a bad idea.
  • Options
    gingerkissesgingerkisses Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Network Maintenance @ 6AM on 5.12.13 Pacific Time

uhmmmm i think this means 12th may 2013
  • Options
    kenodeenakenodeena Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tarrax7 wrote: »
    Apologies for the sarcasm. I was upset no one had bothered to apologise as you'll clearly see two post ahead of my last reply to you where I thanks the Moderator for just such an apology.
    :) I did see that and assumed that was part of why you were upset.
  • Options
    sneeksneek Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    man, this is so full of hate. Its a free-to-play mmo who's looking to support their staff, server, designers, and services with a few microtransactions as well as keep us entertained by diversifying their in-store products. **** them, right?
    Are you for real? There is NOTHING free about this game!!! This game is a PW money PIT, period!! This is a pure Pay-to-WIN game.
    Guardian Founder position in queue:187,978 with 2+ hrs. wait time. So glad I supported PWE and...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Kind of scary when they can't get the dates right. Something must have gone wrong if they are working on Mothers Day. I bet it was the post in the bug forum about an unprotected "gameclient.exe" bug. People can just edit thier power, hpts, damage, etc... and there isn't any clientside/serverside way to stop it, lol.
  • Options
    dastinger77dastinger77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah so it was just misdated in the launcher as I suspected. Look forward to it coming back up, great game enjoying it very much, keep up the good work!
  • Options
    cristaricristari Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone needs to kick all PWE staff members in the nuts!

I appreciate that you guys are trying your best but atm your best isn't any where near good enough. People have mentioned what I am about to mention before and I would just like to add to it.

Time Zones.
    Your dealing with an INTERNATIONAL community here, this is the internet. Stop posting messages with American only time zones, there is apps and codes you can easily get for forums such as this that will automatically convert time to the readers time zone, USE IT PLEASE!. The two major time zones you have are European and US, why the hell cant you do maintenance at a more reasonable time, why does it have to be slap bang in the middle of the EU prime time. This also needs to stop choose a time zone early in the morning or late at night for either or where you will be affecting less people hey you may even encourage some people to go to bed!

Fair warning.
    You have posted the completely wrong time on the launcher and did not even offer any warning in game to let people know about the down time. Other games even manage to warn people of emergency maintenance. Has anyone at PWE even played any other games, have you never seen these messages warning that the servers will be down for a period in 15 then 10 then 5 and so on. Come on guys get your **** acts together!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mahashia wrote: »
    Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!!

not funny man. Devs get 1.5 hours to try and fix every bug you guys encountered in the game, and being humans some of them made an error with the dates. Givem a break.

I dont know what this is aimed at, however, but don't spam anyway.
  • Options
    yoyoyomyoyoyom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    only problem I have is well this comes during yet another Dungeon Delve LOL same as yesterday
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sneek wrote: »
    Are you for real? There is NOTHING free about this game!!! This game is a PW money PIT, period!! This is a pure Pay-to-WIN game.

I am pretty sure you can get to 60 and collect full gear without having to pay a cent.

Its not pay-to-win, like a reviewer said, its pay-to-save-time.

Edit: Last i checked the zen store, I didnt find any 999999 dmg weapon i could use to blaze to 60.

also seems you are a founder. =D see you in a different light, knowing you've actually paid for stuff.
  • Options
    evileye0420evileye0420 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not funny man. Devs get 1.5 hours to try and fix every bug you guys encountered in the game, and being humans some of them made an error with the dates. Givem a break.

I dont know what this is aimed at, however, but don't spam anyway.

Reported this dumb **** anyway. Spammers are FAIL!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    subj3kt17 wrote: »
    This game is a decent game in it's own right, but let's face it, it's clearly not in the spirit of traditional D&D, nor is it anything like the setting I've read in R.A. Salvatore's books. That being said, it's fun to play...when we can play. As long as I enjoy the combat, I'll play. The above mentioned factors bother me enough as is, and this weekend is rapidly diminishing my desire to keep playing.

Although your post is off-topic I'd like to respond.

I'd disagree that this game isn't in the spirit of D&D. I used to play D&D, and have played numerous D&D computer games. Aside from a Dungeon-Master voice narrating over your gameplay, I think this game does quite well in trying to capture some of the essence of D&D. The only thing really missing is a restriction on the amount of spells used on a "daily" basis. But to be honest, I'm glad that aspect is missing. It didn't work well for me.

Is it perfect? No. But then, what is?
  • Options
    sharzoesharzoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Again?! Couldn't you guys do "planned" maintenance when most of the gaming community is off-line? I hope the maintenance is because you're adding servers to handle the "massive" popularity of the game. Otherwise, this constant down time reflects poorly on PW.
  • Options
    w3est0fn0w3r3w3est0fn0w3r3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all the EU players *****ing about time zones... I played a game that gave their downtime in EU time zones for over 10 years and even back then a quick google search fixed that.

first world problem