test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Network Maintenance @ 6AM on 5.12.13 Pacific Time

Comments

• Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    From the OP.
    Apologist, hope they pay you well.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    gibstergibster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    an ingame warning would be nice, not everyone reads the forums
  • Options
    notquiteclaennotquiteclaen Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, this would be a helpful thing to announce on the server 30 minutes to an hour beforehand rather than spamming us with the only admin message we ever get, about how so and so got a nightmare mount. That'd be nice, because not everyone that plays the game is on the forums 24/7, or even daily for that matter.

This be Claen'tor, signing off.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selvec wrote: »
    No in game warning. Launcher message was wrong. No main website warning. Just an instant take down.

Thats pretty rank right there.

my thoughts exactly. I'd fire whoever messed up the launcher date and you guys should really consider better in game warnings. what a joke.
  • Options
    smatonsmaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Said maintenance on 13th not today... no ingame warning ("Shutdown in 10 minutes" or so)... you HAVE to improve this...
  • Options
    jahsouljahjahsouljah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A in Game warning would be wonderful...like in chat... SERVER ALERT or somesuch..thx
  • Options
    tarrax7tarrax7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, that was complete rubbish. Launcher says tomorrow, I'm right at the end of Seal the Crypts and with no warning down come the Servers. Once again, a bunch of monkeys is running the show.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess the admin channel is only for announcing Heavy Inferno Nightmare and not for actual Admin messages now.

^^this lmao
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    soupsaucesoupsauce Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have to say this was quite unexpected. The launcher said the 13th. I was in-game for the last hour and I had no message. Had just finished getting gear, socketing it, then finish organizing bag before heading out to level and right after I zone, bam "disconnected from server".
    Would of liked a notice an hour ago or at least the correct date in the launcher. But PWE doesn't really care they messed up. :(
  • Options
    papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Prime time on weekends (europe players), no warning, launcher date screwed, and to top it off the main is during delves... Spot on.
  • Options
    jahsouljahjahsouljah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, this would be a helpful thing to announce on the server 30 minutes to an hour beforehand rather than spamming us with the only admin message we ever get, about how so and so got a nightmare mount. That'd be nice, because not everyone that plays the game is on the forums 24/7, or even daily for that matter.

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

ummm yes ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    the one thing tough i dont really understand is why such maintenances are especially done on the weekend - seems to be a bad idea for players and the guys that have to do them...but well...

while yes in most cases I would agree that weekend maintenance is bad in this case it isn't yesterday there were major problems, problems they are now addressing on a Sunday with it being Mother's Day. I am sure they would rather be doing other things this Sunday but instead they are working to fix an issue rather than saying screw it, let them DC till Monday then we will fix it. While it sucks for sure it will only improve things for us

on mindflayer we were arguing with ppl who only read patcher in zone, read the forums as for in game warning i have seen plenty this week for shutdowns that were planned of course (not counting the crashes that occurred yesterday) but give them a break it SUNDAY!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    shock4ndaweshock4ndawe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The patcher says the 13th. Maybe your developer who updates the thing should learn to check for typos before he/she updates it.
  • Options
    stickyexstickyex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how long??????????
  • Options
    karalius73karalius73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep warning would be nice . It could give a 10-minute back to normal soon, and last-minute time limit should be visible on the screen. I think it would help to avoid unnecessary anger
  • Options
    ozrinozrin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, normally I'm the type of guy that lets maintenance at stupid times pass, but when the launcher says the wrong date and there's no ingame warning, yeah, that kinda of is unforgivable for a MMO. I was at the end of a dungeon when the servers went down. Would have been nice to know ahead of time. This is just stupid when the company has so many MMOs.
  • Options
    demondimdemondim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

We'll be doing network maintenance on Sunday Morning (5.12.13) at 6AM Pacific time. We expect the maintenance to take 90 minutes but will keep you in the loop if it is extended or finishes earlier.

This maintenance is part of a proactive effort to increase server uptime and further prevent additional outages moving forward. Thanks for your patience and understanding while we continually work towards addressing these issues.

Thank you!

-Dezstravus

Updated 6AM Pacific Time: Maintenance has started!

Seriously?
    Every day shard/server/network maintenance.

Proactive effort to increase server uptime?
    Not too difficult when current uptime is barely above 50%

No patience & no understanding from me. There's simply no excuse for continual daily downtime always in EU timezone primetime.
  • Options
    kaur4646kaur4646 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make a warning in game that says maintenace comeing in 30 minutes or something!!!, not everyone reads forums... soloing foundary maps is hard and now have to start that **** part again jeeeez...........
  • Options
    lunchtimenowlunchtimenow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    An in "Foundry" dialog prompt (not chat) would be nice too that says "SAVE YOUR WORK!" Or even better, stop me from using foundry 5 minutes before down time and save my work for me. That way I don't have to redo what auto-save misses when I work right up to the second of downtime.
    Y9KrNPv.jpg4MEPTcf.jpg
    NW-DSEGBOHCC & NW-DKSTDEHFF @lunchtimenow
  • Options
    baldahiirbaldahiir Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

could you please add in the future some in game notifications like this:

- The server will go to maintenance in about 2 hours
    - The server will go to maintenance in about 1 hours
    - The server will go to maintenance in about 30 minutes
    - The server will go to maintenance in 1 minutes + countdown

When you have problems:
    - The server have lag problems, and we will take it down for maintenances in 5 minutes.

In this way, the players could be warned up front, and you will see less complaining, especially as it is an Beta.
  • Options
    ramanlopramanlop Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oooo so this happened a few min ago.
    I thought that there was an update tomorrow and dint knew that there shall be a network maintenance, but that is my fault (that I wasn't ware of the maintenance)
    Srry for my horrible English that is due to my need for a good cookie (Not a pccookie^^) atm. Because of that I shall eat now.
    Have fun people.
    and Good luck with things where you people (and other creatures) need good luck.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ... with it being Mother's Day.
    So what, it's not like this day is any different than any other sunday, mothers days is just something the florists invented to make a buck.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I completely understand, NW team--mistakes happen. Good luck and godspeed with the maintenance. But the folks here are correct. I can confirm that the launcher stated tomorrow for maintenance and there was no in-game warning. (Go easy on 'em, ya'll. They've done really darn good so far.)
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    lunchtimenowlunchtimenow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    demondim wrote: »
    Seriously?
    Every day shard/server/network maintenance.

Proactive effort to increase server uptime?
    Not too difficult when current uptime is barely above 50%

No patience & no understanding from me. There's simply no excuse for continual daily downtime always in EU timezone primetime.

Seriously, when are they going to roll into weekly maintenance from daily. And who does maintenance on weekends for non-system critical applications???
    Y9KrNPv.jpg4MEPTcf.jpg
    NW-DSEGBOHCC & NW-DKSTDEHFF @lunchtimenow
  • Options
    selvecselvec Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, they have an in game warning. They usually use it.

Just tonight the maintenance duties where given to the same guy who was in charge of researching the forgotten realms source martial for the races and such. So that person just half-arsed everything and did no double checking. We like to call him Mr Nobody.
  • Options
    tarrax7tarrax7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, one of you Admins needs to man up and apologise for the lack of in-game warnings. Come on, you made a mistake now take a bit of ownership for once.
  • Options
    obuscaobusca Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A "how-to become the most... uhm, lets stay polite... unpopular developer / publisher / whatever - in game history"

- choose the worst time of week for your maintenance to screw as many ppl as possible #CHECK
    - shut down your shard without warning the players ingame to screw as many ppl as possible #CHECK
    - release wrong information about the shutdown at the launcher to screw as many ppl as possible #CHECK
    - dont react to angry reactions of ppl who play and pay for your game at the forums to screw... #CHECK

you're doing everything correct :3...
  • Options
    karalius73karalius73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be very pleased to read the forum moderator or people responsible for the game updates. It is always better to learn everything first hand, than in the second, the third people. Also, here (in the forum) players leaving many ideas that could be implemented.
  • Options
    alphadarkwolf666alphadarkwolf666 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The patcher says the 13th. Maybe your developer who updates the thing should learn to check for typos before he/she updates it.

Incompetent

The quality or state of being incompetent. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Destroy the enemy, just save some for me!
  • Options
    daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So this is why it's down..

The launcher says the 13th. Some big whoops that was. Also a big whoops to do this on a Sunday when everyone's home instead of on a weekday or earlier in the morning (pre 6am). It's current 9:20 here on the east coast; not good.