What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Network Maintenance @ 6AM on 5.12.13 Pacific Time

Comments

• Options
    cubansyruscubansyrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17
    edited May 2013
    can we take away the inferno horse message PWE, no one really care who got one at all.

Do you think ingame we all message them with gratz, waste currency on those party poppers, all meet up and throw them a party ?
  • Options
    tarkaroshetarkaroshe Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cristari wrote: »
    Someone needs to kick all PWE staff members in the nuts!

I appreciate that you guys are trying your best but atm your best isn't any where near good enough. People have mentioned what I am about to mention before and I would just like to add to it.

Time Zones.
    Your dealing with an INTERNATIONAL community here, this is the internet. Stop posting messages with American only time zones, there is apps and codes you can easily get for forums such as this that will automatically convert time to the readers time zone, USE IT PLEASE!. The two major time zones you have are European and US, why the hell cant you do maintenance at a more reasonable time, why does it have to be slap bang in the middle of the EU prime time. This also needs to stop choose a time zone early in the morning or late at night for either or where you will be affecting less people hey you may even encourage some people to go to bed!

Fair warning.
    You have posted the completely wrong time on the launcher and did not even offer any warning in game to let people know about the down time. Other games even manage to warn people of emergency maintenance. Has anyone at PWE even played any other games, have you never seen these messages warning that the servers will be down for a period in 15 then 10 then 5 and so on. Come on guys get your **** acts together!

They've already said that they got the date wrong on the launcher, and failed to give in-game warnings. they've acknowledged their mistake. Maybe it won't happen again in the future.
  • Options
    mahashiamahashia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!!
  • Options
    subj3kt17subj3kt17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sneek wrote: »
    Are you for real? There is NOTHING free about this game!!! This game is a PW money PIT, period!! This is a pure Pay-to-WIN game.

Agreed. Furthermore, yes, this is an open beta stage, which would suggest we need to have patience with the game's issues. Except many of us that have been around the MMO circle long enough realize "Open Beta" is merely a marketing ploy.
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    let me guess dungeon delves starting? :D
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    yoyoyomyoyoyom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kinda stinks this being a double ad weekend and yet most of the time has been down during the dungeon ones
  • Options
    toiletduck1toiletduck1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lots of whining on a "free to play" game.
  • Options
    evileye0420evileye0420 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mahashia wrote: »
    Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!! Fail!!!...and so on.

2nd spam report sent. Suspension inbound? Possible exemption from forum use? Would be nice!
  • Options
    sneeksneek Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not funny man. Devs get 1.5 hours to try and fix every bug you guys encountered in the game, and being humans some of them made an error with the dates. Givem a break.

I dont know what this is aimed at, however, but don't spam anyway.

Hmm... ANY Dev that FORCES you to pay real money for a respec, keys, etcc... (the list goes on forever with this game) just to try and gouge you out of your money, does NOT deserve any respect whatsoever. Screw them and this POS money grubbing game.

Can't wait for ESO!!!! :)
    Guardian Founder position in queue:187,978 with 2+ hrs. wait time. So glad I supported PWE and...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sharzoe wrote: »
    Again?! Couldn't you guys do "planned" maintenance when most of the gaming community is off-line? I hope the maintenance is because you're adding servers to handle the "massive" popularity of the game. Otherwise, this constant down time reflects poorly on PW.

I agree. Why they decided to do maintenance on a Sunday rather than tomorrow (as per their launcher message) is beyond me.
    If it was an emergency I'd understand. But they didn't give any indication that it was.
  • Options
    tarrax7tarrax7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2nd spam report sent. Suspension inbound? Possible exemption from forum use? Would be nice!

Ditto. I reported them too.
  • Options
    zeroxoszeroxos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see any of the people that post on these forums or play this game actually do any better then Crytic, any of you who are actually upset about the down time in the beta stage. It's an hour. This game has given me very few issues idk about everyone else but really, go play an other game then come back >..> just saying.
  • Options
    sneeksneek Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lots of whining on a "free to play" game.

If it's so "free to play", lend me a free respec token, or maybe some free keys for my 50+ boxes? Oh wait... nvm, you're "free to play" is BS. Yeah thought so.
    Guardian Founder position in queue:187,978 with 2+ hrs. wait time. So glad I supported PWE and...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sharzoe wrote: »
    Again?! Couldn't you guys do "planned" maintenance when most of the gaming community is off-line? I hope the maintenance is because you're adding servers to handle the "massive" popularity of the game. Otherwise, this constant down time reflects poorly on PW.

It's a beta... What the heck do you expect?

What does every whinere here really expect during a beta? Bug-free game and the publisher overwhelming you with second to second updates on what's going on behind the curtains?

"Soft launch" and "Oh but it's in full version cause the ZEN store is enabled". 1: There's no such thing as a soft launch 1 week into an open beta and no, a game doesn't go live after one week of open beta, not a chance, and 2: During open beta, the devs can take the game down any time they see fit to do maintenance and hotfixes/other patches, but i guess noone these days bothers reading anything.

I'm not PWE's biggest fan but i hate the kind of ignorance displayed here.
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hmm... ANY Dev that FORCES you to pay real money for a respec, keys, etcc... (the list goes on forever with this game) just to try and gouge you out of your money, does NOT deserve any respect whatsoever. Screw them and this POS money grubbing game.

Its a cash shop. There has to be items on it that will entice people to buy them or it would be a waste of time. Besides, from what I see, all of the items on it are optional. Not mandatory.
  • Options
    evileye0420evileye0420 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zeroxos wrote: »
    I would like to see any of the people that post on these forums or play this game actually do any better then Crytic, any of you who are actually upset about the down time in the beta stage. It's an hour. This game has given me very few issues idk about everyone else but really, go play an other game then come back >..> just saying.

While Im not saying I could do any better or that I could ever be a DEV, some concurrent play time would be nice. EVERY SINGLE TIME I log on this weekend the server drops after an hour. That is playing at all different times, from 6AM (haha like now) all the way up to 2Am (after getting kicked at midnight). Double AD weekend and not many people able to stay on long enough to take advantage of it. Its just frustrating...thus you will hear people express their frustrations in many new and colorful ways. Thats what this particular thread is about I believe.
  • Options
    vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Omfg get the dates right then for the love of bleeeeeeep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    toiletduck1toiletduck1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it's so "free to play", lend me a free respec token, or maybe some free keys for my 50+ boxes? Oh wait... nvm, you're "free to play" is BS. Yeah thought so.

how is it bs? i haven't paid a dime to this game when it's up. those items you speak of are not required to play believe it or not.
  • Options
    thepadfutonianthepadfutonian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I guess i have to agree with you. But i feel like the devs themselves don't make the calls. in fact, they probably couldnt give a rats butt about what we think of them, seeing they're probably full time paid employees who.. unless, of course, they care about us. =D perhaps, with a strong enough voice, we could collectively shout out to whoever decides what paid for and whats not.
  • Options
    graevongraevon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karalius73 wrote: »
    Patience redeem any inconvenience. After all, we ourselves discover bugs in the game, inform game developers, and they are trying to correct them. next question is whether it is possible to do apartments on weekdays? I think here we can discuss.
    Thus, more kindness, patience and respect for each other! :rolleyes:

Super we have now have Gandhi in this game preaching to us. As far as fixing the bugs reported well still waiting on plenty of them to even be acknowledged, as many have complained about, so we can drop the whole it's beta act. Facts are facts pwe/cryptic know their having substantial problems keeping their games online and not just nwn but all of the titles I play, so no patience does not redeem inconvenience nor the money I have put in.

While there might not be a monthly subscription many of us spend much more without the monthly fee and personally I am tired of all the games I play being continually down, especially those long out of beta. Maybe a server upgrade is in order to fix a majority of the problems rather than relying on one system as this regardless of what people wish to say does cause paying customers to look else where for gaming, which is what I will be doing if this continues. Beta/maintenance is one thing and downtime/crashes can be expected, but the constant crashes with no beta or maintenance on other titles is rather annoying.
  • Options
    subj3kt17subj3kt17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tarkaroshe wrote: »
    Although your post is off-topic I'd like to respond.

I'd disagree that this game isn't in the spirit of D&D. I used to play D&D, and have played numerous D&D computer games. Aside from a Dungeon-Master voice narrating over your gameplay, I think this game does quite well in trying to capture some of the essence of D&D. The only thing really missing is a restriction on the amount of spells used on a "daily" basis. But to be honest, I'm glad that aspect is missing. It didn't work well for me.

Is it perfect? No. But then, what is?

As for the "off topic" bit, I realize it was somewhat. It was merely going through my head while considering my desire to keep playing this game, which was triggered by the down time...again. When I refer to the game not being in the spirit of traditional D&D, I'm basing that opinion off of my experience with the classes themselves. A lack of customization is the primary cause. A wizard can't ID things with a spell. A rogue can't open secret doors w/o a dungeoneering kit. Maybe my ways are just archaic. But that doesn't change my opinions.
  • Options
    sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013

Nobody's forcing you to respec. Nobody's forcing you to open your lockboxes.

This game is free to play if you want it. Go PVP for glory, get into dungeons, use your BRAIN for speccing (it's actually helpful to theorycraft in your head) and go PVE.

The epic mounts aren't needed, though prove to be usefull. They might want to give every mount a 50% speed buff in PVP, I agree on that.

The game is free if you want it though, it just takes time.

Now I kindly invite you to post some decent well thought comments instead of jumping on the "PAY TO WIN LALALLA" ship without really contributing.

Cheers
  • Options
    thepadfutonianthepadfutonian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how is it bs? i haven't paid a dime to this game when it's up. those items you speak of are not required to play believe it or not.

oh man, this forum needs upvotes. i will bury this guy with upvotes if i can.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    morinox wrote: »
    It's a beta... What the heck do you expect?

What does every whinere here really expect during a beta? Bug-free game and the publisher overwhelming you with second to second updates on what's going on behind the curtains?

"Soft launch" and "Oh but it's in full version cause the ZEN store is enabled". 1: There's no such thing as a soft launch 1 week into an open beta and no, a game doesn't go live after one week of open beta, not a chance, and 2: During open beta, the devs can take the game down any time they see fit to do maintenance and hotfixes/other patches, but i guess noone these days bothers reading anything.

I'm not PWE's biggest fan but i hate the kind of ignorance displayed here.

What every "whiner" on here expects is to be given a bit of notice when servers are going to be taken down for "scheduled maintenance", that is called courtesy and overrides whether or not this game is in open beta or post-launch state.

The fact is that if you make arrangements to do something, but are prevented from doing it because someone failed to inform you of a change in circumstances, then it's understandable if you are a little annoyed.

And THAT is precisely what has happened here. Cryptic failed to put the right date on the launcher and failed to inform people in game prior to taking the servers down. They've acknowledged that mistake (see earlier posts).
  • Options
    lunchtimenowlunchtimenow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013

At least you can trade Astral Diamonds (in-game money) for Zen (real money tokens)... So, technically, after hours and hours of grinding diamonds, you can get some zen for stuff. But, yeah, would like to see how many diamonds/zen it is to get an in-game warning or prompt for the foundry.
    Y9KrNPv.jpg4MEPTcf.jpg
    NW-DSEGBOHCC & NW-DKSTDEHFF @lunchtimenow
  • Options
    canstromcanstrom Member, Silverstars Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kenodeena wrote: »
    ... Has everyone completely forgotten the meaning of the word 'beta' when it comes to gaming? It means expect unexpected delays, every day maintenance, multiple patches, glitches, bugs, etc. If you don't like it, wait until official launch.

I would like to point out that they are still SELLING things for money, this kinda kills the idea it's 'beta'. Hell, we don't even know if there will be a character wipe when it goes "live". Wish companies would stop trying to call things beta, when in reality this is the final product.
  • Options
    lunchtimenowlunchtimenow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Where's the FULL Maintenance Schedule for the week. Please Post.
    Y9KrNPv.jpg4MEPTcf.jpg
    NW-DSEGBOHCC & NW-DKSTDEHFF @lunchtimenow
  • Options
    thoritethorite Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets go PW!Time is money!!!(also my mouse finger is itchy)8>).
  • Options
    ginsu207ginsu207 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hopefully the server is up soon , its already 954AM Est time..... did they say 6am and for 90 only minutes?
  • Options
    zeroxoszeroxos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's true, but cash shop items are not required to advance... AT ALL. If you have issues with how the game is set up then maybe you should make your own game and run it how you think it should be run. Then please let us know how it goes lol