test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Network Maintenance @ 6AM on 5.12.13 Pacific Time

Comments

• Options
    professorzprofessorz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    Just a little request, when you post these notices, could you post that 'what time is that in your time zone' link. I love that link, it makes life so much easier for those of us that don't live in the USA :).

Thankee

living in the USA has nothing to do with time zones.
    get out much?
  • Options
    kenodeenakenodeena Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ... Has everyone completely forgotten the meaning of the word 'beta' when it comes to gaming? It means expect unexpected delays, every day maintenance, multiple patches, glitches, bugs, etc. If you don't like it, wait until official launch.
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    So what, it's not like this day is any different than any other sunday, mothers days is just something the florists invented to make a buck.

As a mom and a daughter with a great mom I never buy flowers. I don't consider it that but your right no different from any other sunday unless one of the people on the team is mother whose kids planned a special day like breakfast in bed etc.

the point I was making was that they could have told us to deal with the DCs that we had yesterday which would have screwed out us of more of the event or they could fix it and hopefully have no more issues today
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    malaikmalaik Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The launcher says the maintenance is tomorrow. You can imagine how bummed I was when I was about to loot the chest and got denied because I lost connection to the server. Had I known it was going down I wouldn't have been in the instance.

How about we add an ingame warning folks...
  • Options
    elenkalaelenkala Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well what no-one seems to get is that 6am on the 13th of may as referenced in the launcher would be 11pm TOMORROW night Australian time. NOT TONIGHT which is the 12th of May. It cant possible be the 13th of may at 6am in the USA on PDT timezones - because we are not even the 13th yet - and we are always ahead of the USA. So the typo is on the launcher and people wonder why it was a shock to be shut down?
    I don't know if this link will work but it shows that 6am on the 13th of may PDT time is 11pm on MONDAY NIGHT Eastern Australian Time. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130513T06&p1=137 Not Sunday night (which is what it is at the moment here.)

Someone really needs to issue an apology about this - oh and we do need more bright in your face in game warnings about downtime if you guys are going to do this again! So much progress lost :(

Thanks for the apology Devs - but its one more bug starting to drive me away from this game and back to LOTRO...
  • Options
    jhenarajhenara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree with the multiple posts before me - An in-game message would have been nice. I'm so completely sick of the inferno horse message. Seriously - It's like a good song you are jazzed to hear at first (because the message means all these others got it; I may, too!), and then it's played ad infinitam, ad nauseam, and you still shudder when you hear it decades later. (Hello, "We Built This City"?) I know it's beta, and I'm having a darn fine time in this game, but who brings a server down for scheduled maintenance without a in-game message? Argh, folks. Just...argh.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All - Apologies for the lack of in-game warnings, and for the incorrect date listed in the Launcher. Both of these were errors on our side. We'll do our best to make sure that these are in place and correct for future downtimes. Thanks for reporting these issues, and thank you for your support!
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    f this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.... last boss on 5% and disconnected, thanks for having maintenance in prime time on a weekend.

And how about putting an in game warning in place so people don't waste their time.

I'm with you. Saw the update in the launcher (dont' come to forums a huge amount, especially on weekends) and figured I'd get up early today and play. Oh well.

Starting to get a bit frustrated with this game. The leveling is out of control, I'm just doing quests and dailies and I'm almost 40 after less than two weeks playing. I've leveled so fast I don't have time to enjoy dungeons more than two or three times (can't complete Mad Dragon because when I was in lvl range nobody could figure to keep the adds down, and I can no longer join a que for it.) Very SWtOR if you ask me.

"open" beta for this game is a joke. Just call it release as you're taking our money to open chests. This game should have been delayed a few more months, lack of content (given how easy it is to level) constant crashing, more maintenance on a "special" weekend (double astral diamonds) than during the week.

Really sad to know that RA Salvatore is associated with this game. You wouldn't know it by the finish and quality, or the story lines. I guess I'll have to keep my D&D adventures to table top because no one can seem to make a decent D&D video game.
  • Options
    evileye0420evileye0420 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good job trying to prevent further server crashes. However, ITS DOUBLE AD WEEKEND. Seems like every time I log on this weekend there is a crash. Wheres my double AD??? /cry
  • Options
    tarrax7tarrax7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kenodeena wrote: »
    ... Has everyone completely forgotten the meaning of the word 'beta' when it comes to gaming? It means expect unexpected delays, every day maintenance, multiple patches, glitches, bugs, etc. If you don't like it, wait until official launch.

No genius. We're all well aware it's still in Beta. But they got the date wrong in the launcher message and didn't post any in-game warnings prior to bringing down the Server like they always have for other planned down-times.
  • Options
    subj3kt17subj3kt17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wasn't this supposed to be a "Double Astral Diamonds" weekend? Every time I've tried to log on this weekend the servers have been down :mad:
  • Options
    tarrax7tarrax7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All - Apologies for the lack of in-game warnings, and for the incorrect date listed in the Launcher. Both of these were errors on our side. We'll do our best to make sure that these are in place and correct for future downtimes. Thanks for reporting these issues, and thank you for your support!

Thank you. :)
  • Options
    mahashiamahashia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server failure, incompetence of administration and technical staff.
    Every day that falls from 3 to 5 times, I stopping playing.

The game is very good loved it more that these problems daily maintenance, an event put garbage more diamonds No One can make server off.

We understand that the fact that it says beta q will have some bugs and some corrections, more is already selling in-game items harmed consumers.

A game like this should not have left the closed beta, this looking more like private server set up in the backyard.

Completely disapprove staff, before completely professional.

I leave a big hug to everyone, back to playing my moba LOL.
  • Options
    tarkaroshetarkaroshe Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [edit]

Cryptic, you really must try harder at this communication lark.
  • Options
    joeknightjoeknight Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wondyr wrote: »
    Do you realize that on the launcher it says May 13th for maintenance??

I read that too and thought that's fine because I won't be home at that time on Monday anyway.
    So i login to set my crafting up and then POW! i get kicked out to the login screen and then 'Server unavailable' message comes up.
    I'm like GD'it! Server crashed again after yesterday's problems!? Then i check the forums and maintenance is today.
    I just don't get why do Maintenance on weekends when it's a peak time for most players. Emergency maintenance is fine but scheduled for a Sunday, not so good.
  • Options
    fridgefighterfridgefighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Almost completely irrelevant to the current discussion. People can accept that it is beta, but it was unacceptable not to warn in-game, and the wrong date on the launcher was confusing as well, and people are angry about that in this thread, not about the game being beta...

At least they admitted to the mistake so that gives me hope :)
  • Options
    myxlplykmyxlplyk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wrong launcher message and no in game warning for a maintenance that happens when most of the US who play games are getting up and hitting the game.

You're really trying to prove all those people who say this isn't Beta wrong, I give you that.

Protip : Accept that basing your maintenance times on when people in the Pacific time zone can make it to the office is probably not the best scheduling practice. Use all those metrics I know you have showing when the minimum player population is and hit it then. I serious doubt that "Around lunchtime on the East Coast" is it.
  • Options
    thepadfutonianthepadfutonian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mahashia wrote: »
    Server failure, incompetence of administration and technical staff.
    Every day that falls from 3 to 5 times, I stopping playing.

The game is very good loved it more that these problems daily maintenance, an event put garbage more diamonds No One can make server off.

We understand that the fact that it says beta q will have some bugs and some corrections, more is already selling in-game items harmed consumers.

A game like this should not have left the closed beta, this looking more like private server set up in the backyard.

Completely disapprove staff, before completely professional.

I leave a big hug to everyone, back to playing my moba LOL.

man, this is so full of hate. Its a free-to-play mmo who's looking to support their staff, server, designers, and services with a few microtransactions as well as keep us entertained by diversifying their in-store products. **** them, right?
  • Options
    pstone1386pstone1386 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In game message would be cool.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When they start asking for money for stuff it's not "beta" anymore.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    darktequilladarktequilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would have added my 2 bit rant about having 2 hits to kill the end boss on my quest but that has been well covered. I would like to thank you for coming out and apologizing to us for not putting up the warning. Love the game and hope it only gets better!

Thank you!
    Darktequilla!
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Considering all the spectacularly bad MMO launches I've witnessed over the years, ya'll have been nothing short of a relief (I realize it's not officially a launch, but you know what I mean). This has been one of the best ones ever for me, top three at least--maybe number one, we'll see.

No worries, sometimes we all make a little typo here and there.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tarrax7 wrote: »
    No genius. We're all well aware it's still in Beta. But they got the date wrong in the launcher message and didn't post any in-game warnings prior to bringing down the Server like they always have for other planned down-times.
    The sarcasm is unappreciated and the post wasn't specifically directed at you or even this specific instance of the servers being down. There are countless posts from people complaining about one thing or another that are common things that happen during a beta phase of a game.

If they've done it for every other planned down time, why be so pissed off the one time they make a mistake?
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Thanks for owning up to the errors, not a lot of companies do that, as to the once moaning about it being a weekend I would rather have a small downtime then the crashes we had yesterday once it went down in the late afternoon (for me) I did some things I needed to take care of and started reading a book the book got so good I couldn't put it down and never logged back in till midnight then decided I needed to actually sleep so after 5 minutes logged off (not complaining my choice) the point is problems occur like this all the time in games and people come the forums rage about all sorts of meaningless things like game notifications and patcher has wrg date etc. rather then sitting back taking a breath and saying they are correcting an issue and even came in on weekend to do so, relax and breath if you treat the game like it is your life and you need it to survive your never going to find your perfect match
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    jhenarajhenara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    man, that post above this is full of hate. Its a free-to-play mmo who's looking to support their staff, server, designers, and services with a few microtransactions as well as keep us entertained by diversifying their in-store products. **** them, right?

Don't be fooled. The free-to-play format has been very lucrative for some games, and Cryptic believes it will make them more cash than a pay-to-play game, or they wouldn't have chosen it. I'm not saying it's wrong, just saying that it's business, and nobody is by any means offering up anything without expecting and hoping to get a great deal back for it.
  • Options
    joeknightjoeknight Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tarkaroshe wrote: »
    /golfclap

On the launcher:

"We will be performing shard maintenance on May 13th...."

Cryptic, please ensure that the date is right on the launcher when you announce the your maintenance.

Perhaps also post an admin message in-game prior to taking the servers down would also be nice in future.

Yeah they should put in game messages warning that server is coming down. most other MMO's do.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cash shop has to be tested somehow. ;)
  • Options
    thepadfutonianthepadfutonian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

you think everything's free in life? some of us are playing this simply because there are people out there who bought the $200 dollar founder pack. If no one's buying stuff, this game's not gonna even get off the ground.

TLDR, someone's gotta pay them to do things.

so stop hating. go play LoL, where you're only playing because people like me buy skins.
  • Options
    porcoddioporcoddio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    subj3kt17 wrote: »
    Wasn't this supposed to be a "Double Astral Diamonds" weekend? Every time I've tried to log on this weekend the servers have been down :mad:

Also the downtime is in one of the prime hours for eurpoean players ,so,as always **** europe huh?
  • Options
    pelarius2046pelarius2046 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013

Since when? Allowing pre-purchase and/or micro-transactions during development doesn't change the fact a game is in Beta - not sure where you got that idea from.
    Theohelm, Guardian of the Dalelands.