What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Network Maintenance @ 6AM on 5.12.13 Pacific Time

Comments

• Options
    toiletduck1toiletduck1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i wouldnt expect many mothers to be in these forums listening to rants about the game esp during mothers day. Happy mother's day to everyone's moms! including yours, fine sir.

thank you sir :) and to yours
  • Options
    jhenarajhenara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By the way happy mother's day to all you mothers out there :P

Completely off-topic, but same to you, and thanks for the laugh. I have this visual of a rubber duck floating in the john, and it won't go away!
  • Options
    tarkaroshetarkaroshe Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morinox wrote: »
    If every game company had listened to the whiners on their forums, there would be no more games, and no more gaming communities.

Yes, because refusing to listen to your customerbase is a sound business decision. I mean they'd just carry on playing and giving you money like they did in SWG....

Oh wait.
  • Options
    m0nk3yx86m0nk3yx86 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh, as long as they say what time zone it is, I am content. Though that's probably because I spend all day at work setting meetings to work with people from all over the world. So I am used to looking at what time zone they are in, then comparing that to where I am to figure out when would be convenient for both of us to try and schedule appointments.
  • Options
    pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like this game a lot, but these server problems really need to get worked out before I'm spending dime one. I know it's Open Beta, and these kinds of issues are part of a Beta, but it doesn't look real good when it's affecting people who've actually spent money on it, ESPECIALLY on a weekend, when you REALLY want people to be in-game and telling their friends how great it is...
  • Options
    thepadfutonianthepadfutonian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jhenara wrote: »

completely off-topic, but same to you, and thanks for the laugh. I have this visual of a rubber duck floating in the john, and it won't go away!

I KNOW RIGHT! heh
  • Options
    jhenarajhenara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server's been down for 1 hour, 8 minutes for me, and I believe the estimate was 90 minutes, so I'm looking at a little longer wait.
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix agro!
    Fix cleric blue shield stacks!
    Make tank usefull!
    Fix need/greed ninjas!
    Fix pvp afkers!
    Fix mail box!
    Fix auction house!
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    coogrrrcoogrrr Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the one thing tough i dont really understand is why such maintenances are especially done on the weekend - seems to be a bad idea for players and the guys that have to do them...but well...

You do realize this is a beta right?
    Beta development release for this and any MMO is to work out the bugs to stress test and get USABLE feedback - not trolling. No one has been required to spend any money - though some of us did - for this game. Those of us who did it is applied even to the release of the game so it is not lost. As for the fact that it is down on a Sunday or any day for that matter... IT IS A BETA. We have to allow them to fix the issues and then we have to test it and give good feedback. This way when it is live there are less needed downtime issues right?

With all that, I will say thank you to the devs for alerting us to the downtime and the duration (if you can stick to it) and thank you for letting us play it early, you certainly were not required to.

Just my 2cp worth.
    ~Coog
    It Can Wait!!!
    Dont text and drive please. Dont risk your life and the lives of others. Join the cause and take the pledge - See more at: http://www.itcanwait.com

RM1fNp64
  • Options
    m0nk3yx86m0nk3yx86 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unholyjedi wrote: »
    it is 7 Past 7am on the west coast. your supposed to update when and if the server is going to be down longer. where is that update?

They said roughly 90 minutes, meaning till about 7:30 AM PST. You still got 20 minutes. Go take a shower and come back, server will prolly be online by then.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    unholyjedi wrote: »
    it is 7 Past 7am on the west coast. your supposed to update when and if the server is going to be down longer. where is that update?

I recall that the estimated downtime is 90 mins
  • Options
    ravynknightravynknight Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    offkhochi wrote: »
    This 9.00 PM SEA Time zone now It's Open server ?

*thumbs up* agreed i think this game is really going to be a real gem when it goes live =)
  • Options
    qittyqitty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    m0nk3yx86 wrote: »
    Meh, as long as they say what time zone it is, I am content. Though that's probably because I spend all day at work setting meetings to work with people from all over the world. So I am used to looking at what time zone they are in, then comparing that to where I am to figure out when would be convenient for both of us to try and schedule appointments.

So I hear PWE needs a scheduler... >_> <_<
  • Options
    thepadfutonianthepadfutonian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tarkaroshe wrote: »
    Yes, because refusing to listen to your customerbase is a sound business decision. I mean they'd just carry on playing and giving you money like they did in SWG....

Oh wait.

its not always accurate to consider the whiners primarily as your customer base.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    foolssin wrote: »
    *sighs* Why do people keep insisting the game is pay-to-win? I've seen p2w... and this ain't it. while the lockboxes and the zen respec are somewhat annoying, the game more than makes up for it by not only the Astral Diamond/Zen market, but also being able to sell stuff at the AH for Astral diamonds. so if anything, this game is better in terms of zen shop accessibility via earning the Zen via exchange than both Star Trek Online and Champions Online. the crazy prices on the exchange will go away eventually most likely anyways as the market stabilizes.

Probably because they think that if something is covetted on a cash shop, then the game is pay 2 win. Regardless of the fact that the covetted items are actually optional.
  • Options
    omegabluefireomegabluefire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    subj3kt17 wrote: »
    As for the "off topic" bit, I realize it was somewhat. It was merely going through my head while considering my desire to keep playing this game, which was triggered by the down time...again. When I refer to the game not being in the spirit of traditional D&D, I'm basing that opinion off of my experience with the classes themselves. A lack of customization is the primary cause. A wizard can't ID things with a spell. A rogue can't open secret doors w/o a dungeoneering kit. Maybe my ways are just archaic. But that doesn't change my opinions.

If you played D&D 4th ed you would see alot of similarities. Sure there are lots of things they had to adjust do it being an MMO and not a pen & Paper. But the classes, abilities, and the skills for interacting with things is fairly accurate. I do hope that they eventually release all the races and classes that D&D 4th ed has (Really want to play a dragonborn artificer). However that being said, D&D 4th ed is way different then the previous traditional D&D pen & paper games. I think they are doing very well seeing as the game is based off of D&D 4th ed. :)
  • Options
    subj3kt17subj3kt17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tarkaroshe wrote: »
    I agree. The same goes for ANY translation of a book into a different entertainment medium. Like you say the experience that a reader has of a story is open to their own interpretation of the events and environments that are described in the book. Which is probably why people often say "its not as good as the book".

Take Terry Pratchett's novels. Utter brilliance in my opinion. But I've found that the tv portrayals of his two books weren't that good (later ones did get better in my opinion).

In the end, I think that Neverwinter is a good foundation on which to build an experience that attempts to capture the essence of D&D and previous Neverwinter titles. It's not an exact replica. But it's a good start I think.

Fair enough. Perhaps it's simply not how I had envisioned the setting, then. And I realize there must be some changes to accommodate the conversion into a game, and an MMO no less. I got excited when I seen Valindra in the opening cinematic and the prologue, but then was instantly disappointed when I saw the scale of the recently destroyed Neverwinter. How long is this game supposed to take place after the books?
  • Options
    offkhochioffkhochi Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    About 20 minutes To Waiting
  • Options
    heman773heman773 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SO on the east coast maintinence is from 9 to 10:30? correct me if im wrong
  • Options
    pocketcopperspocketcoppers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    siegzon wrote: »
    They are taking money now. A LOT of money.
    So what? Do you accept money for the work you do? Why shouldn't they? You do not have to give them money. Your control over your wallet is your responsibility. If you fear predators stop being prey. If you are convinced you are a victim take control of yourself and stop being a victim.
    Lo, the mighty Oak: Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    its not always accurate to consider the whiners primarily as your customer base.

And it is not sound business sense to completely ignore them either. Those "whiners" often encompass an element that is trying to be more than reasonable but has reached the point where they can no longer look past the previous failings of the company in question.

The customer isn't always right. But it isn't always wrong either.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Almost time!
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    zeroxoszeroxos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    graevon wrote: »
    Please why don't you learn what's going on before speaking, oh wait that would require literacy. Well maybe someone else can read this for you the problem is not beta alone. These constant crashes are with most if not all of their titles which are not in beta. This combined with the fact that people do pay to play these games and that they continually choose peak hours to do maintenance that has not been seen to fix the major issues ticks people off. Fyi I learned about this maintenance/crash which was more the latter imo while on BLR when the servers crashed there once again.
    People CHOOSE to pay for this game. It is in BETA, if you want to ***** about other tittles do so on the forums meant for them. If your going to be toxic know your facts, once more for you , YOU CHOOSE TO PAY, IT'S A OPEN BETA, have some respect, you don't know me. How dare you judge my literal abilities.
  • Options
    subj3kt17subj3kt17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you played D&D 4th ed you would see alot of similarities. Sure there are lots of things they had to adjust do it being an MMO and not a pen & Paper. But the classes, abilities, and the skills for interacting with things is fairly accurate. I do hope that they eventually release all the races and classes that D&D 4th ed has (Really want to play a dragonborn artificer). However that being said, D&D 4th ed is way different then the previous traditional D&D pen & paper games. I think they are doing very well seeing as the game is based off of D&D 4th ed. :)

Well that's where my primary concerns are stemming from. I did not make the transition from 3.5 to 4ed. I didn't like what I seen. Which is most likely why I haven't liked a lot of what I've seen in this MMO so far.
  • Options
    sharzoesharzoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look moron, the servers have been down more than they are up. This is supposed to be a planned maintenance. Who plans maintenance when most of the gaming community is ready to - well - GAME! Nobody, that's who. Constant down time for "server" maintenance is a joke. They should be more honest. This has nothing to do with servers.

BTW, this isn't "beta" - that's a marketing ploy to get people to play the game. When it's open to the public, it's no longer beta.

You're right, though, people do hate the kind of ignorance on display here (by you apologists).
  • Options
    stickyexstickyex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 hr is up. why is the server down?
  • Options
    foolssinfoolssin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    servers back up..
    ]21.jpg[/
  • Options
    zeremistzeremist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers are up. everyone can quit their *****ing.
  • Options
    selvecselvec Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think Xzhibit said it best.

37755989.jpg