test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Network Maintenance @ 6AM on 5.12.13 Pacific Time

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    jhenarajhenara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    subj3kt17 wrote: »
    Fair enough. Perhaps it's simply not how I had envisioned the setting, then. And I realize there must be some changes to accommodate the conversion into a game, and an MMO no less. I got excited when I seen Valindra in the opening cinematic and the prologue, but then was instantly disappointed when I saw the scale of the recently destroyed Neverwinter. How long is this game supposed to take place after the books?

I can definitely see your point, subj3kt17. I'll admit to having a few "Wait..what?" moments, hehe.
  • Options
    thepadfutonianthepadfutonian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont know about you guys, but i got into the game.
  • Options
    jimb0wolfjimb0wolf Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers back up! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"A day without laughter is a day wasted" - Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    forkinsocketforkinsocket Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who thinks this downtime is bad hasn't played enough MMOs. Take Defiance, for example, it's a month past RELEASE and it's buggy as hell, nowhere near as stable as Neverwinter, and it feels like half the game is missing.

I hate fanboys as much as the trolls, but this is one of the best MMO launches I've ever been a part of. I'm willing to cut Cryptic some slack when, god forbid, they need to take a server down from time to time.
  • Options
    pocketcopperspocketcoppers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    heman773 wrote: »
    SO on the east coast maintinence is from 9 to 10:30? correct me if im wrong
    I think that is correct, IF they are able to keep their proposed schedule. Usually as these are engineers they are being conservative, have padded their estimate, and the game may go live earlier. That is just the 'estimate high so you can come in under budget' thing almost every business has learned to live by. There is no one more unreasonably demanding than a customer.
    Lo, the mighty Oak: Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coogrrr wrote: »
    You do realize this is a beta right?

NW is not the only Cryptic game that's down for maintenance. It's a rather huge flaw in their server architecture.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And we're in!
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    offkhochioffkhochi Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok let's go in
  • Options
    morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    siegzon wrote: »
    They are taking money now. A LOT of money. You can call a tiger a chicken, it will still eat you. This is not Beta in the way that counts. They have customers now and doing WEEKEND maintenance on a game people are paying money to enjoy..

If ignorance was a car, it'd be your favorite car.

Yes, who wouldn't take money from all the morons poking them with their credit cards or pre-paid ZEN cards? It's not their fault people are so gullible when it comes to cash shops in F2P games. It is still an open beta though, and that won't change no matter how you try to twist and turn it.
    If they are not good at customer service they will lose patronage and we will all get a game not as robust as it could be

That made me giggle so hard i still got coffee coming out of my nostrils.

If they didn't do maintenance etc when necessary, you wouldn't have much of a game to play full stop.
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • Options
    zwaanzwaan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mahashia wrote: »
    Server failure, incompetence of administration and technical staff.
    Every day that falls from 3 to 5 times, I stopping playing.

The game is very good loved it more that these problems daily maintenance, an event put garbage more diamonds No One can make server off.

We understand that the fact that it says beta q will have some bugs and some corrections, more is already selling in-game items harmed consumers.

A game like this should not have left the closed beta, this looking more like private server set up in the backyard.

Completely disapprove staff, before completely professional.

I leave a big hug to everyone, back to playing my moba LOL.

Hmh
    "A beta version of a program, game etc... is an unfinished version released to either the public a select few or whoever signs up to beta test it for bugs or glitches."
    You knew this when you started to play and some beta versions run better then a other. So stop nagging and be patient ;)
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tarkaroshe wrote: »
    Maybe it won't happen again in the future.
    LOL, I'm willing to take a bet.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    omegabluefireomegabluefire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    subj3kt17 wrote: »
    Well that's where my primary concerns are stemming from. I did not make the transition from 3.5 to 4ed. I didn't like what I seen. Which is most likely why I haven't liked a lot of what I've seen in this MMO so far.

Fair enough. most people didn't like D&D 4th ed. It was a huge change and really it wasn't very well done for a Pen & paper. It was as if they where trying to make a video game into a table top game. Personally I would prefer D&D Neverwinter Online to actually playing the pen & paper of D&D 4th ed.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance is complete!
  • Options
    lastofdayslastofdays Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are taking money now. A LOT of money. You can call a tiger a chicken, it will still eat you. This is not Beta in the way that counts. They have customers now and doing WEEKEND maintenance on a game people are paying money to enjoy. If they are not good at customer service they will lose patronage and we will all get a game not as robust as it could be.

^^^^ see the above poster.

There are those that really need to remove the shield of ignorance. This beta is not an open gesture of good will. The reason there are no character wipes is simply so they can collect your money. *shocks and gasp* No NO NO say it isn't so! But yes, so sorry to say this game has been released for the single purpose to take you money which they are doing NOW. You can call the release a yellow flying elephant version instead of beta but the simple fact is the reason this game has been released in this state is to take your MONEY.

and...

People really need to get over the 13th showing up as maintenance. I am pretty sure that at least everyone here can agree that the odds are strong that maintenance will also need to occur on that days also.
  • Options
    morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sharzoe wrote: »
    BTW, this isn't "beta" - that's a marketing ploy to get people to play the game. When it's open to the public, it's no longer beta.

You're right, though, people do hate the kind of ignorance on display here (by you apologists).

You should be the one apologizing for your ignorance, like the rest of the ignorant people here whining about a maintenance during an open beta. Yes, it's an open beta even if they enabled the cash shop. I suggest you go read up on what the different beta stages actually mean, in order to prevent yourself from posting such nonsense again...
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • Options
    malaikmalaik Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mahashia wrote: »
    Server failure, incompetence of administration and technical staff.
    Every day that falls from 3 to 5 times, I stopping playing.

The game is very good loved it more that these problems daily maintenance, an event put garbage more diamonds No One can make server off.

We understand that the fact that it says beta q will have some bugs and some corrections, more is already selling in-game items harmed consumers.

A game like this should not have left the closed beta, this looking more like private server set up in the backyard.

Completely disapprove staff, before completely professional.

I leave a big hug to everyone, back to playing my moba LOL.

I have no clue what this guy said...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Fair enough. most people didn't like D&D 4th ed. It was a huge change and really it wasn't very well done for a Pen & paper. It was as if they where trying to make a video game into a table top game. Personally I would prefer D&D Neverwinter Online to actually playing the pen & paper of D&D 4th ed.

I like to fantasize that they will give us a server with 2nd edition rules...Would be so epic.
  • Options
    beardoanimalbeardoanimal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok its been 90 mins yall done? i just wanna play man lol eager eager eager i just love this game its awesome just being antsy and excited to get back to it uk? =) the time on which i posted this is wrong says 6:32am but where im at its 10:36am lol just sayin have a nice day =)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ok its been 90 mins yall done? i just wanna play man lol eager eager eager i just love this game its awesome just being antsy and excited to get back to it uk? =)

Servers are online...
  • Options
    pern2pern2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malaik wrote: »
    I like to fantasize that they will give us a server with 2nd edition rules...Would be so epic.

Hear Hear... second edition rules were brilliant :) in nwn they did open up, for some way to powerfull builds though
  • Options
    untamed7769untamed7769 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No matter when they decide to do maintenance it is going to be prime time in some area. Best thing to do is smile knowing that they are working on making the game more enjoyable. I mean, is it really that critical to life to stress over a small amount of time in whatever day, however many times a week to not have access to a game? For me I see it as an opportunity to read through the forums because there have been some very helpful people who have posted information regarding character developments and such. Maybe even take a step outside and take a few breaths of fresh air before getting lost in this game once the servers are back up. Believe it or not, the world will not stop because of maintenance on servers and life really will go on.

While on the topic of time zones, when it comes to converting, you know all that time we have while the server is down? You do know there are tons of converters out here. A little proactive research goes a long way rather than expecting things to be handed to you like you're entitled to it. Has society really gotten so lazy that it is a severe inconvenience to search the web?

In regards to whether it is free to play or not. From my perspective it most certainly is free to play. I haven't paid anything except time. Would some of the items that can be bought be nice? Sure but definitely not required to advance. If I find I am having a problem getting past a certain area there are 2 choices I can make and neither requires buying additional equipment to shortcut around hard work and earning the levels attained. Choice one is evaluate how I approached the situation and actually engage my brain to come up with a different tactic since my current approach isn't working. If the results stay the same then it is a matter of putting that area on the shelf til I have gained another level or 2. Then return and try it again or even find a friend or someone else having the same problem and work together as a team to accomplish the goal.

This is just meant to provide some alternatives to coming on here and complaining.

To the developers I have to say great job. This is the first MMO I have ever played. Myself and a few of my friends have been having a blast regardless of server down times. I would like to thank you for your efforts with trying to make it even better
  • Options
    omegabluefireomegabluefire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malaik wrote: »

That would be pretty epic. But making D&D 2nd ed into a mmo would be really tough.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    you think everything's free in life? some of us are playing this simply because there are people out there who bought the $200 dollar founder pack. If no one's buying stuff, this game's not gonna even get off the ground.

TLDR, someone's gotta pay them to do things.

so stop hating. go play LoL, where you're only playing because people like me buy skins.
    Stop being dense, look at my title.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    goofboy86goofboy86 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know if its because of maintenance or what but when i try to login, it says "Retrieving list of characters" and then it says "disconnect from login server" ive been trying off and on since 10am EST and I cant login. I just downloaded the game yesterday but the autoresponses they keep sending me dont fix anything. I need some help.!