test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Network Maintenance @ 6AM on 5.12.13 Pacific Time

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Everyone,

We'll be doing network maintenance on Sunday Morning (5.12.13) at 6AM Pacific time. We expect the maintenance to take 90 minutes but will keep you in the loop if it is extended or finishes earlier.

This maintenance is part of a proactive effort to increase server uptime and further prevent additional outages moving forward. Thanks for your patience and understanding while we continually work towards addressing these issues.

Thank you!

-Dezstravus

Updated 7:15AM Pacific Time: Maintenance is complete!

Updated 6AM Pacific Time: Maintenance has started!
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Appreciate the heads up! Keep up the good work, really enjoying the game so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just a little request, when you post these notices, could you post that 'what time is that in your time zone' link. I love that link, it makes life so much easier for those of us that don't live in the USA :).

Thankee
  • morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    Just a little request, when you post these notices, could you post that 'what time is that in your time zone' link. I love that link, it makes life so much easier for those of us that don't live in the USA :).

Thankee

Use this site: http://www.timeanddate.com/

It's easy to use.

Hover over the link where it says "Time Zones". Click on the next link "Time Zone Converter". It shows a list of timezones to chose from. Add their timezone to the list and then pick yours, finally set the time they use and convert it to get the time in your timezone. Simples.
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Excellent! Thank you Morinox.
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    Excellent! Thank you Morinox.

Happy to help.

Oh i should add one thing. Use USA - California - Los Angeles as their timezone.
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so you decided, why wait till 6 and crash the server right now? or do you get allready crashes from the crashes from the maintenances....? ? your chinese one shard server fits all technology seems to be a bit on the unstable side...well made in china i guess....
  • marqu1nhomarqu1nho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hover over the link where it says "Time Zones". Click on the next link "Time Zone Converter". It shows a list of timezones to chose from. Add their timezone to the list and then pick yours, finally set the time they use and convert it to get the time in your timezone. Simples.
    Or if you don't want to take an arrow in the knee just add 9 hours for CET... :p
  • wondyrwondyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you realize that on the launcher it says May 13th for maintenance??
  • nchrissnchriss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wondyr wrote: »
    Do you realize that on the launcher it says May 13th for maintenance??

You are right.And Nemesis..I was just thinking of that.It says is gonna do maintanance in 3 hours from now to my country.Is it PW fault?Or am i doing somt wrong in Converting time? Idk..Something is definetely wrong and it been too much time since no update info here.Someone should.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soththewolfsoththewolf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds Great. After the last patch i have DCed more and had server connection issues ever few minutes i really hope this fixes this issue. Loving the game =D
    edited May 2013
    marqu1nho wrote: »
    Or if you don't want to take an arrow in the knee just add 9 hours for CET... :p

Not everyone uses CET.

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for dungeon delves timen again....
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • elrondialelrondial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Excuse me the launcher is stating the maintenance is tomorrow but forums is stating today, can you please clear this up which is it going to be please :)
  • cedricfontelroycedricfontelroy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    could you put the correct date on the launcher? I thought it was tomorrow (as the date on the launcher suggests)
  • vesolcvesolc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On Sunday. Are you serious ?
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Goodbye world
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • fcrowlesfcrowles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So is it today or tomorrow? I havent gotten any in game warnings.
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fcrowles wrote: »
    So is it today or tomorrow? I havent gotten any in game warnings.

It's in 5 minutes.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the one thing tough i dont really understand is why such maintenances are especially done on the weekend - seems to be a bad idea for players and the guys that have to do them...but well...
  • fcrowlesfcrowles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    It's in 5 minutes.

The launcher says tomorrow. Im in the game and have gotten no warnings of the shard shutting down.
    edited May 2013
    The launcher says tomorrow. Im in the game and have gotten no warnings of the shard shutting down.
    We'll be doing network maintenance on Sunday Morning (5.12.13) at 6AM Pacific time.

From the OP.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    From the OP.

I'm aware genius. Start the launcher. It says 5.13.13. I'm in the game 2 minutes until Maint. No warning its shutting down.
  • vesolcvesolc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the one thing tough i dont really understand is why such maintenances are especially done on the weekend - seems to be a bad idea for players and the guys that have to do them...but well...

Its because of recent server crashes. Thy need to apply more duct tape.
    edited May 2013
    I'm aware genius. Start the launcher. It says 5.13.13. I'm in the game 2 minutes until Maint. No warning its shutting down.

I'm not saying when it is, i'm referencing a point just like you are. There's no need for the sarcastic 'genius' comment.

Edit: Oh look. Servers down.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    f this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.... last boss on 5% and disconnected, thanks for having maintenance in prime time on a weekend.

And how about putting an in game warning in place so people don't waste their time.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • selvecselvec Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No in game warning. Launcher message was wrong. No main website warning. Just an instant take down.

Thats pretty rank right there.
  • selvecselvec Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Delete Please. Accidental double post.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess the admin channel is only for announcing Heavy Inferno Nightmare and not for actual Admin messages now.
  • pelarius2046pelarius2046 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I knew about the maintenance beforehand but I do think it's odd there were no in-game warnings.
    Theohelm, Guardian of the Dalelands.
  • antfresantfres Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Devs how about a IN GAME server warning BEFORE you bring the servers down. Not everyone reads the fourms.