test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Paying cash To Respec - Everyone post your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    No, they're the ones who'll be shoving feat points in every few minutes, hitting 60 without learning to play their class, and then walking face first into their first Tier 1 and raging in zone chat that their class is broken.

And then they'll be buying multiple respecs trying to learn their class at 60. Unless they ragequit, which is fine, as they'd just have been ninja-needing on every gear drop in a desperate attempt to farm enough AD for a respec anyway. Nothing of value lost.

Did you not consider people who uh.. haven't done that? I'd love to be able to try out all three of the feat trees, experimenting is something all MMOs should let you do. I'm not going to pay $12 to do it though and I'm definitely not going to roll another of the same class when I've already got one at 60. That's ridiculous.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Given that you can't respec in D&D under normal circumstances and all..

That's false. You can even replace your Heroic feats with Paragon ones as you level up.
  • Options
    scrybatogscrybatog Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, they're the ones who'll be shoving feat points in every few minutes, hitting 60 without learning to play their class, and then walking face first into their first Tier 1 and raging in zone chat that their class is broken.

And then they'll be buying multiple respecs trying to learn their class at 60. Unless they ragequit, which is fine, as they'd just have been ninja-needing on every gear drop in a desperate attempt to farm enough AD for a respec anyway. Nothing of value lost.

You forget the part where there is nothing to do at 60 but either grind for weeks to get enough AD to buy 1 item or spend 2000 dollars. You cant have it both ways, either its a beta game and its exploits and inconstancy and bugs are OK, or its a released product with BETA cheazed onto the end and requires you to buy features. You should never have to pay for features within a beta.
  • Options
    grekthorangrekthoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    My opinion is that it sucks. It should be done in game for gold. That's all.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Given that you can't respec in D&D under normal circumstances and all..

Then there is the fact that in reality respecing is a luxury. You don't need to respec to play the game. You do need it if you like to change your build to the build of the week on a whim. So given that it isn't actually needed to play it makes perfect sense to charge those who can't live without respecing real money.

Everything in your post is wrong.

1) There are many things you can do in this game that you can't do in D&D at all- because its an mmo not D&D.

2) You call it a luxury- because you are obviously not into exploring all facets of the game. To me and others who like to experiment with new things and not just be forced to follow what others have posted on the net, respeccing is an integral part of any mmo.

3) Professions are not needed to play, mounts are not needed to play, companions are not need to play… the list goes on; but we can still get these things just as a matter of course in game.

The game has a robust character progression system that is just screaming out for me to play and experiment with it, but I either have to shell out $6 for a respec that I may be unhappy with (add another $6 to change back) or start a new toon.

Listen, you guys who are saying "charging for respec is fine" are obviously a group that has no understanding of why people respec. Everything you post reinforces this; like "change your build to the build of the week on a whim". No. Please understand that there are many people who like to respec because they are tinkerers, experimenters, and love pushing boundaries. That whole aspect of the game is cut out for us with a $6 respec price.
  • Options
    cookieyumyummycookieyumyummy Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Also behind the opinion that there should be an easier access to respec, or at least give out a non-tradable free one per character.
  • Options
    sinbornsinborn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to side with the rerolling functioning as a 'free' option. If you're serious about doing research on the cheap, you can do it like everyone else.
  • Options
    stahan1stahan1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're not going to lower their prices unfortunately, it's a shame because I am having so much fun on my TR running through dungeons.

This game should have been $15 a month for all access, this micro transaction idea while in theory was nice, it was executed really poorly.

I had an amazing time leveling and having more fun gearing through dungeons. I really am bummed because I'm having the same feeling I did when I first started playing WoW back in 06'.

Oh well, eventually the player base WILL disappear just like all their other MMO's, until then have fun while you can.
  • Options
    bghostbghost Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    people in this thread complaining about a 6 dollars respec must be new to F2P mmos. most free to play mmo have u pay to redo your specs. it's considered a vanity item. 10 day worth of grinding for $6 for a respec is not a big deal. this game is grind 2 win, pay 4 convenience.
  • Options
    iminers242iminers242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bghost wrote: »
    people in this thread complaining about a 6 dollars respec must be new to F2P mmos. most free to play mmo have u pay to redo your specs. it's considered a vanity item. 10 day worth of grinding for $6 for a respec is not a big deal. this game is grind 2 win, pay 4 convenience.

Yea, this guy knows whats goin on... <what??>
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop grinding your way to 60 on exploits and you won't need to respec so much. I'd rather pay $6 once in a while for a respec than $15/month whether I need them or not.

BINGO!

This mock outrage about paying to respect is silly.

If Cryptic resets my specs it's free, idols give me 40K AD a pop, and six dollars if I decide to respec at 60 (which isn't a have to only a idiot, people who don't know how to play or someone who PL's through foundry thinks that) it isn't that big deal, $6.00 a couple times a year beats 15 a month all to hell, and here if I don't pay my six bucks I can log on and play, can't do that with WoWzorz.

If paying six bucks for a respect is that big of a deal you have bigger issues than a video game.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    and what if the build I paid 6$ is not good? I have to repay 6$ to switch back...

Lots of idiot around here
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Absolutely nothing wrong with charging for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lhyeuze wrote: »
    and what if the build I paid 6$ is not good? I have to repay 6$ to switch back...

Calling people idiots then making a comment about having to re-do a build because you didn't research it.

There is Irony there..I just know it.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    hmjemhmjem Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game isnt pay for convenience, it's pay to win. Enjoy this game as it will dwell in the ever-growing list of mediocre MMORPG's within 3 months.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lhyeuze wrote: »

Survival of the fittest (or the least idiot in this case)
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmjem wrote: »
    This game isnt pay for convenience, it's pay to win. Enjoy this game as it will dwell in the ever-growing list of mediocre MMORPG's within 3 months.

Proof? Show me something I can pay for to be better than you which is unobtainable to a player who makes no monetary contribution.

You can't. This game is not pay to win. In any form. It's pay for convenience. Get over it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    $6.00 a couple times a year beats 15 a month all to hell, and here if I don't pay my six bucks I can log on and play, can't do that with WoWzorz.

Sure you can. WoW has a 20 level trial. Don't cry about the limitations since it's FREE. Also other people like to tinker with their builds so it would be more like $15 a month vs (let's be conservative) 3*$6 a month per character.
    If paying six bucks for a respect is that big of a deal you have bigger issues than a video game.

Luckily being a fool with my money isn't one of them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Calling people idiots then making a comment about having to re-do a build because you didn't research it.

Yeah. We definitely need MORE cookie cutter builds.
  • Options
    jjricejjrice Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As for me, the one free respec should be available for every character. So you create a new char and it has 1 free respec (not a token which he can sell or pass to main char, but a bould to him token or respec point). Because when you play game and you start to like it and you are going to stay here for awhile, you start reading more about your class and guides and obviously you will need to respec.

Another solution would be ability to buy respec point of lower grade, for example you can buy a token for 5 gold coins, and this token respecs a char which is 59 or below level. So each 60 lvl char will have to buy ordinary token (just like now), and each low level char can respec for gold as long as needed.
  • Options
    desthatdesthat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing wrong since it is so easy to grind AD and get like 30k per day.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like it. But then again, I don't want the ability to respec to be in game whatsoever. That said, I don't want to limit anyone's choice and at $6 bucks it stings just enough to warrant smart point placement.
  • Options
    trixiefantrixiefan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm okay with paying for respecs in games so long as there's a single free one to fix initial mistakes. Probably not the case here though.
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Of all the things to nickle and dime this is where I draw the line.

This game is good enough to be more then f2p. At least b2p if not more. They even try to fish for more founder's by extending it and can't even give you a decent amount of character slots and a reasonable respec fee. What a waste and cheap tactic because they rather gouge you then have some pride in making a solid, reputable game.

What if the game simply cost $60, but not as much stupidity with the store? I will gladly pay that, but I think the founder's package sucks and the model makes me not spend out of spite.

I can tolerate character and bag slots even, but respecs really pisses me off.
  • Options
    stratxzzstratxzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    desthat wrote: »
    Nothing wrong since it is so easy to grind AD and get like 30k per day.

You can only refine 24,000 AD a day.
    ----

I probably wouldn't of started this thread if the website took my money and gave me Zen.

I have bought plenty, spent on keys and bags etc.. But when I need it the most , to spec and start getting used to my character I get charged but don't receive the ZEN.... Angry
    Strat@stratxzz on the Dragon Shard

Strat - Great Weapon Fighter - Level 60 ( Retired for now )
    Strattwo - Control Wizard - Level 60
    Stratx - Devoted Cleric - Level 60
    Stratt - Trickster Rogue - Level 18

http://theeoi.com - Visit for more information on our gaming community.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Sure you can. WoW has a 20 level trial. Don't cry about the limitations since it's FREE. Also other people like to tinker with their builds so it would be more like $15 a month vs (let's be conservative) 3*$6 a month per character.

Luckily being a fool with my money isn't one of them.

Yes level 20...wow those two big hours of free time, Oh yeah I guess you can hangout in Goldshire and "chat" Oh and if other people like to tinker with their build that much they deserve to be charged because they don't know how to play, or need a Character builder sim not a MMO.

Calling someone who makes an informed decision on a purchase a fool, is kinda like my Grandfather yelling how everyone is a 'weirdo" just because the are younger than he is.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think not having free respecs will make you learn your class a bit better, and really evaluate what your abilities do, but at the same time, I worry about when skill nerfs start coming across. People will be forced to play with skills that are no longer desirable for whatever reason or pay to change them.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    thahn204thahn204 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

umadbro?

stfu get over it people who leveled up in foundry off ogre farms is fine. Why should someone be gated into leveling through quests if their sole purpose is to get to 60 and work on gear? Some people like that others like questing enjoying the game then doing the gear grind. I my self did quests but just saying I'm sick of all you people QQing about the foundry if someone wants to play that way let them. You are implying that these grinders are "Scrubs" this game isn't all that complicated use your brain when leveling up and you wont really waste points.

To the OP as for the $6 respec fee its kinda bleh I'm not a fan of it but it's nothing worth *****ing over. You can get the zen via AD to respec if you wanted wouldn't be all that hard. I agree at 60 you should be able to get 1 free respec then it costs tokens. Also when new paragon classes come out everyone should get 2 free respecs (encase the new one is trash).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rhaksha2 wrote: »
    So yet another MMO that caters to the elitist and is punitive towards the Casual player. Although I agree with you that research always pays off, those of us that have experience in MMO over the years know that this isn't going to happen much. There are many things that are "acceptable" methods of making money on a game, Cosmetic items, Class / Racial packs , even content packs, But a new game where there isn't a vast Online resource like wowhead or icy viens even noxxic or mr robot , Then the respect charge does get a bit out of hand.

Whoa whoa....

Spending six bucks makes you an elitist? I mean if you live in Tsavo or Bangladesh maybe, but most of those folks don't have water or food, so respecing at 60 isn't on their radar.
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have no problem with spending less than a typical MMO's monthly subscription rate to repec a character in a free game. Especially in a game where you can already infinitely swap out builds for PvE, PvP, Skirmishes, Dungeons, etc. with absolutely no cost whatsoever except the time it takes to drag around a few icons.
This discussion has been closed.