test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Paying cash To Respec - Everyone post your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Deleted as I disagree.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    loschtiloschti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If i paid 6$ everytime i respecced in wow, hell that would be a huge amount... I certainly respecced more than 3times a month..way more in average..

Respeccing should cost either a fair amount of AD or Gold or way less than 6$...

I dont mind spending money at all, have spent about 100$ in the cashshop so far.. but 6$ for this is nonesense.
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As I said, you are free of doing whatever you like with your money. Fill the forum with as many posts like this. Just stay clear of the insults to people who don't think this is a robbery

You are being charged for something that doesn’t cost them anything so it defrays nothing yet they know that you will need it. What is that called? Business? Smart?

Why not charge for skill slots then? Why not charge for access to parts of the city once you get the quests? Wouldn’t that be business? Would that not be smart?

It just comes down to a measure of acceptably tyranny or in this case acceptable robbery. Enough people think that 6$ respecs are fine and that makes them fine. Enough people would howl at the idea of paying to finish a quest as to make that unacceptable. Choice goes to the community. Good thing for PWE you folks are so fractious.

Lets all agree not to charge for campfire access though, marshmallows maybe.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pandergos wrote: »
    I'm not sure how you got a value of $1.050.00 "Minimum", 15x12;$180x5= $900

He said he Purchased the 3 Expansion packs.

I love how people say $15.00 a month and follow it up with "Free"...this model is not more, it may not be less...it is "Different". Like someone else mentioned, hell at least it is controlled by the consumer. You determine what you spend money on and when.

One of the biggest struggles I had with WoW back in the day was I wanted to play with people I know. The problem I ran into was that everyone I knew, people from work. Real life friends that lived far away...customers, etc... Everyone played on a different Server. So I ended up with like 1 Level 45 and 4 level 20's all on different Servers attempting to play with different people.

I dunno...I maybe crazy or I may be super casual but I aint got time for that. Honestly from my perspective the Single Server Technology this game offers is worth $20.00 bucks a month.

I could go on and on forever about how I had the worst luck with Servers...getting stuck on Low Pop ones, or having to be transferred or Merged or choose between PVP/RP/PVE.

Anyway back on topic, Why do you HAVE to spend Real Money? Oh..because you want the Respec NOW, you don't want to wait and work for it. So you want it to be convenient.

So you don't actually have to pay real money for it...you just don't want to wait...so because you can't wait you feel like you HAVE to spend real money.....because you can't wait...

Hey, I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm the same way...yah I could have bought my TV from Amazon for $300.00 less than Best Buy...but I wanted it immediately! I'm totally down for instant gratification, my consumer mind is programmed the same way. BUT That is why I like the Microtransactions and being able to pay for what I want and get it instantly.

Even in a normal game. Lets say it takes four hours of gathering resources to sell at the Auction house to make in game money. I would totally prefer to pay the 6 bucks and have it instantly than four hours of my play time doing something I didn't want to do just to afford the Respec that I did want.
  • Options
    ddobsddobs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    I think that should be 1 free respec for everyone at least.
  • Options
    xxxretsopmixxxretsopmi Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how does it cost real money? When I click the respec button on feats and powers it just wants AD not Zen. Am i missing something on this one?

Edit- Guess just powers requre a zen token. Ehh. You get **** near all the powers anyways.
  • Options
    lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    You can only respec feats with pure AD, you can respec powers with zen or you can buy the respec coin at AH for AD
  • Options
    pandergospandergos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    how does it cost real money? When I click the respec button on feats and powers it just wants AD not Zen. Am i missing something on this one?

Edit- Guess just powers requre a zen token. Ehh. You get **** near all the powers anyways.

To respec the powers it costs 600 Zen. Feats are just Ad.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pandergos wrote: »
    To respec the powers it costs 600 Zen. Feats are just Ad.

Yea I just seen that. Honestly why would anyone need to redo powers? I've had so many filler points, that I have skills I'll never use. Unless this is one of those "I need a pvp and a pve spec" complaints.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valvexen wrote: »
    Testing things out should deserve a penalty? While still in a beta phase never the less were things get changed often, who cares about pnp, this is a mmo with certain standards people have come to expect.

I have yet to play a F2P MMO that doesn't charge for the same type function. Some of them charge a hell of a lot more than 6 bucks for it, and have been for 6 or 7 years, and of those, one doesn't even offer them full time in their CS. I don't see anything surprising here, and no, none of the other games I've got in mind are done by Cryptic or PWE. I've spent more time running around trying to figure out where to get this that or the other thing I might need, than actually leveling, and I'm already almost 17 goofing off. If I'm that unhappy with my character, I'll bank everything I can, roll it up again, and delete it. If my character slots are full, I'll just hold all the relevant gear on the other character, delete and then reroll. I have used this system to reroll characters that took 2 years to get to the level cap. I'm sure I won't be put out much by having to do it in a week of dedicated grinding. I will, however, note the mistakes I made the first time. That's the problem with being an altaholic, these characters mean **** all to me, and are easily replaceable.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    I dunno...I maybe crazy or I may be super casual but I aint got time for that. Honestly from my perspective the Single Server Technology this game offers is worth $20.00 bucks a month.

I might be crazy too but I think NW has 3 different servers.
  • Options
    dopeboiidopeboii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not too keen on a $6 Respec. However that being said, there are two possible scenarios to make this more plausible to the player and the company (Wall of Text anyone?);

1) PW needs to change the Respec from $6 to under $5 - preferably about $2.50. This causes a transaction of at least $5 (500Zen) as I don't recall if there are any lower options to purchase with PayPal. Now this is still a detriment to the player as said player would still have to purchase Zen, however it becomes a much more manageable thing if the Ratio is 1Z:400AD. The Math turns out to be 100k AD exactly which can be had within 5 Days of grinding 24k AD through the refinement cap, or it becomes a decent number if people are selling Glory Gear/Very Rares(Epics).

In regards to PW's side of things, they still get a transaction of at least $5 made, and if we estimate at least 1M players, that's a net sum of $5M if each player were to spend that $5. So if PW is paying any mind to this post (which I don't think they are) it would be more beneficial to go this way as even though it cuts the potential profit in the 'short term burst' it yields much more in the long run as more and more players come to respect the aspect of PW making a change to BENEFIT the players. This holds a lot of long term investment.

2) The other option is for PW to incorporate various payment methods for said Respec. The option to Respec Feats with AD is great and all, but it lacks variation if they do not follow suit for Powers. What I would suggest is 3 types of Payment to Respec for all aspects - Feats + Powers + whatever else is there to allow such a thing....I'm looking at you Enchanting.

Various forms of payments would be the obvious; Zen, AD, and Gold. I think they need to incorporate Gold (high numbers of course, but still suitable towards the current price-points...i.e. Mounts at 5G, etc.) into the equation, seeing how as of right now, AD takes precedence in most scenarios, even more so than Zen. The Auction house is a prime example of this.

If PW were to offer let's say a 600Zen option + 100k+ AD (preferably less) + let's say 100Gold to Respec, it would yield a lot more variation for the players - from casual to hardcore. Being a casual gamer, I've come across dozens of people in a lot of games similar (GW2, probably WoW<--haven't played this, etc, etc.) who enjoy the aspect of Respec'ing their Characters on a free whim kind of basis as it allows them to test various play-styles - and hell, even adopt new play-styles based off of those Respecs. I would suspect PW would WANT that kind of thing to happen, as it would mean more variation for the players, which means more players deciding to stay and play...but I could be wrong (probably am.)

TL-DR; PW needs to incorporate various forms of payments for Respecs - Gold + Zen + AD, etc - or PW should really opt in making the Respec a lot cheaper as it would yield much more of said Respec to be bought from Casual/Hardcore gamers without having to 'feel restricted' in a sense.
  • Options
    umbagloumbaglo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »

It does for now, but I've seen it said they're being merged before the "official" release.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »

Shards not servers and they will be merged into one right after launch.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dopeboii wrote: »
    I'm not too keen on a $6 Respec. However that being said, there are two possible scenarios to make this more plausible to the player and the company (Wall of Text anyone?);

1) PW needs to change the Respec from $6 to under $5 - preferably about $2.50. This causes a transaction of at least $5 (500Zen) as I don't recall if there are any lower options to purchase with PayPal. Now this is still a detriment to the player as said player would still have to purchase Zen, however it becomes a much more manageable thing if the Ratio is 1Z:400AD. The Math turns out to be 100k AD exactly which can be had within 5 Days of grinding 24k AD through the refinement cap, or it becomes a decent number if people are selling Glory Gear/Very Rares(Epics).

In regards to PW's side of things, they still get a transaction of at least $5 made, and if we estimate at least 1M players, that's a net sum of $5M if each player were to spend that $5. So if PW is paying any mind to this post (which I don't think they are) it would be more beneficial to go this way as even though it cuts the potential profit in the 'short term burst' it yields much more in the long run as more and more players come to respect the aspect of PW making a change to BENEFIT the players. This holds a lot of long term investment.

2) The other option is for PW to incorporate various payment methods for said Respec. The option to Respec Feats with AD is great and all, but it lacks variation if they do not follow suit for Powers. What I would suggest is 3 types of Payment to Respec for all aspects - Feats + Powers + whatever else is there to allow such a thing....I'm looking at you Enchanting.

Various forms of payments would be the obvious; Zen, AD, and Gold. I think they need to incorporate Gold (high numbers of course, but still suitable towards the current price-points...i.e. Mounts at 5G, etc.) into the equation, seeing how as of right now, AD takes precedence in most scenarios, even more so than Zen. The Auction house is a prime example of this.

If PW were to offer let's say a 600Zen option + 100k+ AD (preferably less) + let's say 100Gold to Respec, it would yield a lot more variation for the players - from casual to hardcore. Being a casual gamer, I've come across dozens of people in a lot of games similar (GW2, probably WoW<--haven't played this, etc, etc.) who enjoy the aspect of Respec'ing their Characters on a free whim kind of basis as it allows them to test various play-style - and hell, even adopt new play-styles based off of those Respecs. I would suspect PW would WANT that kind of thing to happen, as it would mean more variation for the players, which means more players deciding to stay and play...but I could be wrong (probably am.)

TL:DR; PW needs to incorporate various forms of payments for Respecs - Gold + Zen + AD, etc - or PW should really opt in making the Respec a lot cheaper as it would yield much more of said Respec to be bought from Casual/Hardcore gamer without having to 'feel restricted' in a sense.

One point of contention. People really need to get off the 24k refine concept. That only limits the rough diamonds you can refine in a day. I.E how many diamonds you can get from leadership and the like. Idols, Daily quest rewards, auctions all don't use this cap. So that cap is pointless. People need to stop bringing it up in their terrible napkin math.

Honestly if people have this much of an issue with needing respecs, again I don't see how since the powers are pretty cut and dry and you only have so many spots, then PW should just come out with a 10$ option that unlocks respecs for one character or adds another power sheet to your character tab.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shards not servers and they will be merged into one right after launch.

Hopefully soon then. At the moment guild mates from other games are spread over the 3 shards.
  • Options
    lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    lawl, so what if we get queue now to join the server? ppl who have bough the pack have premium access to the server...
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You CAN respec for free, just roll a new character. Respeccing the current character is a convenience, but money paid will support the maintenance and delevopment of the game.
  • Options
    moonhammermoonhammer Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holy fck, respecing is not some luxury feature, bags are not a fcking luxury item, i dont mind paying for vanity items, but this nickle and dime bs is beyond stupid, and so are the idiots that defend this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. When i play a game i dont want to be thinking about spending real money all the time while in game, its worse than walking down skid row with all the beggars with there hands out.

And the excuse of you should be careful on how you spec is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, its a game not real life, spending real money on mistakes, or just trying different builds is stupid.

I agree with this guy
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    You CAN respec for free, just roll a new character. Respeccing the current character is a convenience, but money paid will support the maintenance and delevopment of the game.

Not sure if trolling or just stupid.
  • Options
    themassakrethemassakre Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who defends the current shop model is well beyond fanboyism. I can understand paying for bag SLOTS, I can understand paying for character slots and cosmetics and maybe new companions....but respecs? Come on. That is NOT a convenience.

In GW2, I had absolutely no problem throwing my money away for gems to buy some of their gem store items because not only was it fair but I wanted to help support their business model. This game on the other hand....ridiculous, I will not throw anymore money at them after noticing their nickle and diming approach for EVERYTHING. Perfect World is pretty much known for this and I should've seen it coming.
  • Options
    stratxzzstratxzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Just imagine when they add new classes.

Maybe I want to change specs to better accommodate them in PvE. OR MAYBE JUST MAYBE I want to change so I can better counter them in PvP
    Strat@stratxzz on the Dragon Shard

Strat - Great Weapon Fighter - Level 60 ( Retired for now )
    Strattwo - Control Wizard - Level 60
    Stratx - Devoted Cleric - Level 60
    Stratt - Trickster Rogue - Level 18

http://theeoi.com - Visit for more information on our gaming community.
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm good with paying to respec. I'll only need it once, maybe, other than new paragon paths being introduced.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • Options
    bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holy fck, respecing is not some luxury feature, bags are not a fcking luxury item, i dont mind paying for vanity items, but this nickle and dime bs is beyond stupid, and so are the idiots that defend this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. When i play a game i dont want to be thinking about spending real money all the time while in game, its worse than walking down skid row with all the beggars with there hands out.

And the excuse of you should be careful on how you spec is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, its a game not real life, spending real money on mistakes, or just trying different builds is stupid.

+1 this really does stop me enjoying this game as much as I should.
  • Options
    slayademonstroslayademonstro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zalinto wrote: »
    Here is what I want:

Don't allow any respec AT ALL! Make them roll a new character. Also get rid of confirmation when you spend skills! Click it accidentally? you're stuck with it sucker, reroll! Smells like diablo 2 you say? Good. You should have paid more attention!

Just like IRL, you go to college for 4 years and come out with an art degree? You going to reroll? No go back to school and do it again, and stop making bad decisions :P

Before you deride people with art degrees, realize that several dozen of the people who worked on the game you're enjoying have art degrees and decently paying jobs, you idiot.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who defends the current shop model is well beyond fanboyism. I can understand paying for bag SLOTS, I can understand paying for character slots and cosmetics and maybe new companions....but respecs? Come on. That is NOT a convenience.

In GW2, I had absolutely no problem throwing my money away for gems to buy some of their gem store items because not only was it fair but I wanted to help support their business model. This game on the other hand....ridiculous, I will not throw anymore money at them after noticing their nickle and diming approach for EVERYTHING. Perfect World is pretty much known for this and I should've seen it coming.

I'm cool with it because I have zero problem with charging for respec's. Hell if they wanted to charge $25 per respec token I would be ok with it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dangitt fail
  • Options
    aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I obviously don't like it, but... Simply put, there is a easy alternative (rerolling character) or you could just pay. I'd like to have a very limited number of free respecs, but this is a good game with high production values that I haven't had to spend a dime on. If they want to make money this way, I actually support them.

In short, while I would like some free respecs (one per month or something) I do support them charging for it. Simply put, the game is free to play, but it's not a charity, and this is how they make money. I support that, letting the people who want a bit extra paying for the game.

Edit: Also, for the people who treat rolling new characters as if it's not a viable option... This isn't early launch Everquest. People hit 60 on the first bloody day. Rerolling is not a big imposition at all and, again, you can just pony up a few bucks and respec if you don't want to wait a few days.
  • Options
    valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Originally Posted by valvexen

moonhammer wrote: »
    I agree with this guy
    i agree with these two
  • Options
    dezman00000dezman00000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would of been somewhat acceptable if it wasn't so darn expensive.
This discussion has been closed.