test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Paying cash To Respec - Everyone post your thoughts.

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    neverderp3012neverderp3012 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So it's not changing the story of the game, it's just changing your interest in it, and that somehow is on me not understanding what story telling is. In other words, I have been trolled for what, 5 posts now?

Appearance != story.

No one that I've read here has said, "The story is keeping me from enjoying the game."

They're all saying, "The game is keeping me from enjoying the game." (Yes, I'm taking a few liberties with opinions; sue me).

You're not being trolled...

You're being called a troll.
  • Options
    neverderp3012neverderp3012 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfzilva wrote: »
    Yes because they are the ones paying to keep the server up and running sure...

I'm a free player, brought to the game by paying players, considering spending money on the game (in fact after playing it for a while having actually budgeted for spending money on the game).

Don't underestimate the free players power. The developers didn't, or they would have charged for it...
  • Options
    jniebaumjniebaum Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You would be amazed man at how much more a "Free Player" is paying over what a "Subber" pays in a month. Assuming there is something they want that is.
  • Options
    anashimanashim Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    (forum crash)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually, the free players are the defacto advertisers and promoters who are working for free to get paying customers interested.

The goal is to strike the right balance. On the one hand, there needs to be paying customers. Obviously. On the other hand, there needs to be a *culture* of people who play this game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Pay-4-Free is a successful business model. MMO companies are choosing it over other business models, because it works better than other models.

The only caveat for Neverwinter is, Cryptic and Perfect World need to get in tune with the needs of D&D players.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The topic of this thread has been lost in the 10 pages. It is time to close this down. Thank you all who provided constructive feedback despite the trolls. We're cracking down on the trolls just as PWE Cracked down on the Exploiters. So, trolls - if you're reading this, be warned.
This discussion has been closed.