test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Tonight - 8pm to Midnight, Pacific Time

Comments

• vorkagvorkag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    but really, how long do we have untill servers are back up?

It's been an hour and half since servers went down. So we have 2.5 hours of currently stated time till servers up.

Anyway, seems most of you have forgotten that Cryptic had a massive server/network problem that drove all their games off line for several hours just days ago. Also, this is the first full weekend of Neverwinter with Founders, and all free 2 play people. It's also an MMO we all know they have issues the first few weeks of high activity. Thankfully it's not D3 or Simcity 5..
  • tabbeene1371tabbeene1371 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haha i was just being lazy wondering if anyone knew off the top of there head
  • grinchqtgrinchqt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dunno why some ppl complaining about downtime right now would be unfair for NA and stuff.
    Last time (guess wednesday or last sunday) there was a 4hours downtime when it was 16 CET on EU, and servers came back online 20:30 CET.

But coz it's beta i can understand that sometimes a downtime in rush hours is needed, and coz it's a mixed server everytime some regions will feel like "oh snap".

Tbh, we all should cheer for the devs that they have done such an amazing job yet. They keep the hard work up and improving the game and the performance fast.
  • coldheadedcoldheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree but make mine Wild Turkey 101 Kentucky Bourbon or Moonshine please ... roflmao
    smarylin wrote: »
    About 3 more scotches ... with ice.
  • syllphsyllph Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xixtis wrote: »
    I've had Neverwinter for three days now. I've been about to play for about 15 minutes.

They're making it quite easy for me to play another game, actually. In fact, I'm starting to wonder why I'm bothering here at all.

Really? I downloaded this game about 5 hours ago and have been able to play the whole time (until the pre-posted downtime just a few minutes ago)
  • blackravenxinblackravenxin Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    i think folks need to stop with the bad mouthing other countries. find something better or leave cause that type of talk isn't winning anyone anything.
  • wertz350wertz350 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xixtis wrote: »
    I've had Neverwinter for three days now. I've been about to play for about 15 minutes.

They're making it quite easy for me to play another game, actually. In fact, I'm starting to wonder why I'm bothering here at all.

Can't argue this. A store can't make money if the doors are shut, and they're shutting them quite often.

Pretty tired of companies opening their games with cash shops open and calling it an open beta.. do you pay money for an offline game and expect it to be in open beta?
  • nicholaskoch90nicholaskoch90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why this time?

This is not our normal maintenance time, but unfortunately the maintenance needs to be performed ASAP to ensure that the servers remain stable with the current traffic we are seeing.

So that's PST(8-12), and I'm EST.does that mean i have to wait 11-3am?
    If thats right^, and u had to do it asap, yall shoulda done it way earlier.
    Headshots are fun. BANG
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jujakuke wrote: »
    Ya I am soooooo in awe about how you figured that out even though it is still laughed about that he called himself a jelly donut. Oh wait he did not wow and you must have been a great genius in sixth grade oh wait this is the internet your classes taught you how to wiki. Glad to know your schooling didn't skimp.

Let me guess, you work in IT?
  • smarylinsmarylin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coldheaded wrote: »
    I agree but make mine Wild Turkey 101 Kentucky Bourbon or Moonshine please ... roflmao

TBH I'm all out of scotch so it's Devil's Cut ATM.
  • skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    I'd bet money most of the cry babys are mad because by the time the servers come back up they'll be ready to go nite nite! lol

No, the babies are made because most people can't spell.
  • filth04filth04 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The idiocy on display in this thread has been phenomenal. I haven't laughed this hard at a forum in a long while.

Thank you all and good night.
  • skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    grinchqt wrote: »
    Dunno why some ppl complaining about downtime right now would be unfair for NA and stuff.
    Last time (guess wednesday or last sunday) there was a 4hours downtime when it was 16 CET on EU, and servers came back online 20:30 CET.

But coz it's beta i can understand that sometimes a downtime in rush hours is needed, and coz it's a mixed server everytime some regions will feel like "oh snap".

Tbh, we all should cheer for the devs that they have done such an amazing job yet. They keep the hard work up and improving the game and the performance fast.

WTF is a coz?
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    filth04 wrote: »
    The idiocy on display in this thread has been phenomenal. I haven't laughed this hard at a forum in a long while.

A simpleton is always easily amused
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    filth04 wrote: »

I like to fuel the fire from time to time, keep the "conversation" going.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Um, yeah, I have an idea, allow us to connect to the servers while the servers are down. They could be hosted on a separate server how? You still would need to login and verify your account. And lets be real, I got Dollars to Donuts that they are using a Group of interconnected VM server on a storage array, so one goes down for maintenance, they all go down.

This idea would be a logistical nightmare for file transfers and people would complain that there edits never made it to live shard they intended.

**Shrug** My server maintenance is done.

Doesn't work when they need to take down ALL their game servers at once. We're lucky the forums aren't on the same server. :p
  • nexxisssnexxisss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its 2pm on a Sunday and you bring the servers down. Good work. I know no one gives a **** about Australia but how about doing ti during the week and not on a weekend. Duh!
  • fermiafulfermiaful Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any way I going to do my part here. servers are down for they are fixing things. I bet they wanna fix it BEFORE the servers A: melts down B before the burn down OR C. players found all buggs and gets mad

and I live in eu so I dont care:D you know there is more land then the usa

and to all that wine about the day...do you think a server rack know what day it is?
  • grunt33grunt33 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey people why don't u stop complaining and go do something productive like i don't know visit family, friends, go out and eat, go to the movies, have a shower, go to bed, go party, go gambling, u can even play other games while u wait, go for a walk and get some fresh air, go play some pranks, let your inner child out and have some childish fun like playing hide and seek or tag, go swimming. if u do something else and keep yourself busy while waiting it will be up in no time.
  • camilyncamilyn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, for an open beta there should be no real current transactions allowed. I don't forsee them letting people carry over their lvl 60 toons to the live game whenever it launches
    edited May 2013
    Um, yeah, I have an idea, allow us to connect to the servers while the servers are down. They could be hosted on a separate server how? You still would need to login and verify your account. And lets be real, I got Dollars to Donuts that they are using a Group of interconnected VM server on a storage array, so one goes down for maintenance, they all go down.

This idea would be a logistical nightmare for file transfers and people would complain that there edits never made it to live shard they intended.

**Shrug** My server maintenance is done.

You are wrong. It's been done by other games. I guess since you spent 200 dollars on this game, you know everything?
  • dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wow, I can't believe these negative/mean responses. Obviously, since this maintenance is to address extreme server load issues they had no choice but to do it now. Would you rather the servers just crash in the middle of prime time? They said this isn't their normal maintenance schedule. Of course this is a have to do it situation.
  • smarylinsmarylin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    A simpleton is always easily amused

Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cause, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
    edited May 2013
    I guess since I can't connect I will go make a baby with my wife. Since really that will be PW's fault, can I make them pay child support ?

Yes you can. If you are not sterile.
  • reck16reck16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope they will offer a "Weekend Warrior" pack to allow those of us able to afford it to play during the weekend server-load-reduction "maintenance". It doesn't really make sense to take the servers down during the weekends for everyone, especially when the load could be controlled by adjusting the price-point of the "Weekend Warrior" pack at a level that will limit the peak number of players.
  • dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    camilyn wrote: »
    Honestly, for an open beta there should be no real current transactions allowed. I don't forsee them letting people carry over their lvl 60 toons to the live game whenever it launches

There will be no wipe from Open Beta to Launch. This is 100% true.
  • abramerlinabramerlin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmmm possibly put the Foundry on clientside, then log in to upload through a virus screen?
    untitled.png?t=1370827869
  • raist31raist31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just wish there was a way to get into the Foundry at least while the game itself is down. Kind of like the old Aurora toolset. I know they are completely different, but it would still be nice.
  • dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Consider yourself a retail store, would you close your doors during the prime time for foot traffic?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • jujakukejujakuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why this time?

This is not our normal maintenance time, but unfortunately the maintenance needs to be performed ASAP to ensure that the servers remain stable with the current traffic we are seeing.

So that's PST(8-12), and I'm EST.does that mean i have to wait 11-3am?
    If thats right^, and u had to do it asap, yall shoulda done it way earlier.

Understand to be upset I have CST time and I work 2nd shift (thats 1pm to 10 pm CST) so this is a maintenance. Hope it makes it better though if you ARE complaining of spending your money and complaining it is not an open beta ok think on this WHY ARE YOU SPENDING MONEY? Oops caps guess it just doesn't figure into my head right. I get it that people spend money when they have it and hope this game doesn't wipe your characters but even if it does zen aren't just for neverwinter but all of the PW games so you probably won't get it back since they sold zen before neverwinter was even in closed beta. If you play WoW at all you know about the weekly down time well we are paying every month for a day in all we can't even play there is always going to be complainers and yes people get mad but mad props come to this team that knows to try to keep the downtime spread throughout the world time zones since I have gaming buddies that are from different countries I don't mind losing a few hours of my prime time if it lets them catch up to me :D.
This discussion has been closed.