test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Tonight - 8pm to Midnight, Pacific Time

Comments

• mlkmlk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do people seriously think Cryptic *wants* to have Saturday night downtime for all their games, and pay staff overtime to do maintenance? Seriously? I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but....
  • filth04filth04 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    A simpleton is always easily amused

Sir, your assault on my intellect was uncalled for. I believe you should pay to replace my monocle which has fallen into my tea and most certainly cracked.
  • uhgkluguhgklug Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kalrune30 wrote: »
    So a 4 hour maitenance during PRIME TIME PST gaming night? WTF, Who makes these kind of decisions?! What.are.you.thinking.

I agree. WTF!!!
    I have never ever seen a gaming company do maintenance on a Saturday night.
    I just started playing the game and with "regular maintenance" on SATURDAY NIGHT, I'm FAR from impressed.
    You guys are the FIRST gaming company in the history of existence to make this ****ing stupid of a decision.

If you guys don't get with the program and do maintenance during the weekdays like every other gaming company EVER, your going to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a lot more people off and lose players based on the stupidity of this decision making alone.:mad::mad::mad:
  • arkainisarkainis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ****. I finally got the game downloaded and log on to see that the servers are down :/ Now the question is, do I stay up and wait for 2 more hours just to get a taste?
  • smarylinsmarylin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So much for the fun ;)
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wertz350 wrote: »
    They charged people to be able to play their beta early.. and every other post i seem to see is people defending these devs on doing such a fantastic job.. what?

Had they just had a 4-5 day open beta they would of gotten a proper stress test and made a much smoother real release.
    Real release? Where? Last I heard it's still open beta. Are you a time traveller? :O
  • fermiafulfermiaful Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you are wrong! wow did it on open beta AND startrek online
  • kellenfukellenfu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They charged people to be able to play their beta early.. and every other post i seem to see is people defending these devs on doing such a fantastic job.. what?

Had they just had a 4-5 day open beta they would of gotten a proper stress test and made a much smoother real release.

Were these people expecting a beta without downtime? The mind is still boggled.
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . I made this countdown to the end of scheduled maintenance to assist those overseas in calculating the time difference.

Link

I'm confused. Because I'm on, but your clock says 2 more hours.
    Are you just messing with us?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    fermiaful wrote: »
    epic! but remember It may be later computers you know..never do like you want

Indeed, sometimes they do better! Server is up!
    arkainis wrote: »
    ****. I finally got the game downloaded and log on to see that the servers are down :/ Now the question is, do I stay up and wait for 2 more hours just to get a taste?

NO need to wait, you may go ahead and log in now. ;)

tormeanted wrote: »
    I'm confused. Because I'm on, but your clock says 2 more hours.
    Are you just messing with us?

Nay, maintenance literally completed moments after I posted that to this thread. Earlier than expected.
  • thorgarathorgara Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    kellenfu wrote: »
    It boggles my mind how people are *****ing about the money they spent. If you're foolish enough to sink money you care about into an open beta (whether you agree if it's "really" one or not, the developers say it is, which is a pretty strong hint) then I have precisely zero sympathy for you.

Amen brother I saw this game was coming out and then saw they other stuff and said "phish I'll just wait until the open beta don't need to fork over my cash for stuff I don't need." And truthfully people most of the stuff you can get from the packs you can just grind to get. I feel that its a instant gratification that the world is steeping its self into. I mean come on guys what's wrong with waiting a little bit?
  • monkybuttfacemonkybuttface Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As I said, guys. Server is back up and running. Feel free to check it for yourself... or sit around and assume trolling.
  • jpwizard23jpwizard23 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elkysium wrote: »
    First sensible post i've seen on this thread...

Rather have PLANNNED maintenance then an UNPLANNED CRASH.

If you can't handle the minor inconveniences for such an awesome game, go play something else and quit moaning.

I agree, he does seem to make sense and has people skills. Why can't we get someone like blackravenxin to moderate and do PR instead of someone who ignores obvious things and doesn't seem to read all the posts or even try to respond to genuine concern? This thread is a disaster, I would be embarrassed if it was my responsibility.
  • reck16reck16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mlk wrote: »
    Do people seriously think Cryptic *wants* to have Saturday night downtime for all their games, and pay staff overtime to do maintenance? Seriously? I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but....

You don't have to pay staff overtime. It could just be a cron job that runs. Turn the servers off at 8pm, make an automated forum posting, then turn the servers back on at midnight. It really wouldn't cost anything extra, and only would take a few minutes to set up a few scripts and add them to crontab.
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just so you know server seems to be up :)
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• silverresilverre Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lot of angry kids in this thread. Jesus christ. It's Saturday night, go out with some friends or, barring that, play one of the hundreds of other games your parents bought for you and you only played for 15 minutes before getting bored.
  • wertz350wertz350 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Real release? Where? Last I heard it's still open beta. Are you a time traveller? :O

lol, just wondering when they're gonna take off the "open beta" and put "released", 2-3 months? or when it dies?
  • losbin68losbin68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    this is what you get with a lazy CEO that has no clue what he is doing.
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol, just wondering when they're gonna take off the "open beta" and put "released", 2-3 months? or when it dies?

this game aint ready to die, stop complaining and log in, join the fun :P
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• cdeahl21cdeahl21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree as well. It was odd that they did this in the prime time. However that being said, they already said it absolutely could not wait and since it has to do with the servers my guess is it's pretty important if it needs to be done ASAP lol. they're probably doing this to avoid further problems with their servers which could eventually result in more downtime if they didn't address it immediately. I am in Central time zone so it's 10-2 which doesn't effect me much but I do understand frustrations with this as I just hit 60 and wanted a taste of the end game but Sunday morning i'll be on ready :)
  • summerayne38summerayne38 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The word was spelled correctly. I used the incorrect word. Dumbass.

Lmao. That was quite obvious. I knew you used the incorrect word. But if you are going to bash someone for poor spelling, maybe check your grammar in the process. And no, I am not trying to play the grammar police here because I can't stand to see people doing that in games and on forums. But forgive me if I can't help but get a kick out of the ones who are and screw up their own spelling or grammar.

Anyways, sure not going to get into a war on the forums here. Have a good night and maybe cut people some slack if they accidentally spell a word wrong or use the wrong word. Seriously, it's ridiculous. Not everyone is perfect, not even you.
  • losbin68losbin68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013

i dont think it was meant to last long but just to raise quick cash to make investors happy
  • blackravenxinblackravenxin Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    zebular are there PM restriction on the forums?
  • wertz350wertz350 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    js3b wrote: »
    this game aint ready to die, stop complaining and log in, join the fun :P

no its not, but every game has its prime.. it was just used as a time reference.
  • nmkhuytgfvdnmkhuytgfvd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what about fixing the sorry game interface it is the worst set up I have ever seen the older versions of this game wear not that bad before you need to work on that first because I will not spend money on a game that has bad interface controles
  • ribsssribsss Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe if you learned how to spell...
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone should update and close this thread. Also, Server up, in case people still hasn't noticed.
  • summerayne38summerayne38 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    And that sentence is your derp?

I am not the grammar police nor was I trying to be. I am sure there are either spelling or grammar errors in what I said but really don't care. The point I was trying to make is the people who always come out bashing others for poor spelling or bad grammar. It gets very old and it's childish in my opinion. So when I see that type of person make a mistake themselves when bashing others, I can't help but giggle a bit inside. :)

Anyways, they said servers are back up so going to try to play a bit before bed. Cya later all and have fun!
  • samasabovesamasabove Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It sucks that the servers are down during Prime Time, but I like how updates get stuck to the Original Post. A lot of dev companies I've had to deal with don't bother with that and just post in teh thread like everyone else.
  • kellenfukellenfu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lmao. That was quite obvious. I knew you used the incorrect word. But if you are going to bash someone for poor spelling, maybe check your grammar in the process. And no, I am not trying to play the grammar police here because I can't stand to see people doing that in games and on forums. But forgive me if I can't help but get a kick out of the ones who are and screw up their own spelling or grammar.

Anyways, sure not going to get into a war on the forums here. Have a good night and maybe cut people some slack if they accidentally spell a word wrong or use the wrong word. Seriously, it's ridiculous. Not everyone is perfect, not even you.

If you're going to bash somebody for using the incorrect word, use the correct word.
This discussion has been closed.