test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Tonight - 8pm to Midnight, Pacific Time

Comments

• hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nexxisss wrote: »
    Its 2pm on a Sunday and you bring the servers down. Good work. I know no one gives a **** about Australia but how about doing ti during the week and not on a weekend. Duh!

I give a **** about your women....They are quite delightful
  • adrynbadrynb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    A simpleton is always easily amused

i don't know man, there's like 3 different types of social media which states quite clearly that it's a unique circumstances and it had to be taken care of asap and people are still screaming its unfair this, bad business that, people are asking when it comes back up even though the answers in the freaking thread title and as ever people simply have to blow up at the slightest provocation instead of simply ignoring any snide/insulting remarks.
  • smarylinsmarylin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Consider yourself a retail store, would you close your doors during the prime time for foot traffic?

I would if the sewer was backed up.
  • fermiafulfermiaful Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Consider yourself a retail store, would you close your doors during the prime time for foot traffic?

yes if the bathrum was full of **** and the shelf was on fire...Ihope you get the point..servers are over loaded
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If the floor was littered with broken glass and the shelves holding the remaining jars were all unstable, you bet I would.
  • smarylinsmarylin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL ... I think we covered that.
  • realmimerrealmimer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To say something about primetime is kind of useless, lets say, the world does not
    always rotate around North America as center ;P
    What is bugging me, as Star Trek online player (also), is that STO server is down
    two nights (mornings) in a row the exact same time as NWN.
    Is the ugly truth that they only in fact only has one old PC in their CEO's garage,
    with a ****load of surplus harddrives connected .. and just trying to pretend they
    are running multiple state-of-the-art servers?!
    If you don't stand for something, you fall for anything!
    Mimer d'Pilgrim - est. 1995 with Meridian 59
  • summerayne38summerayne38 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, the babies are made because most people can't spell.

Gotta love it when the grammar police come out and their own comments are spelled incorrectly. Priceless. :D

As far as the maintanence, I have to agree with most here that this is a horrible time to choose for this. No, I'm not whining, but have to admit that I was quite shocked when I tried to login to the game and the servers were down on a Saturday night during primetime hours. Very odd time to schedule a maintenance in my opinion. I, like a lot of others here don't get much time to play. Oh well, I suppose no matter what time they take the servers down it will be an inconvenience to someone around the world. Sure can't please everyone.
    edited May 2013
    wow 3 people replyd like I did there is fait in humans!
  • wertz350wertz350 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    camilyn wrote: »
    Honestly, for an open beta there should be no real current transactions allowed. I don't forsee them letting people carry over their lvl 60 toons to the live game whenever it launches

That's where you're being mislead.. its not an open beta, at least not in the traditional sense in the lightest. Its just an excuse for them to give so they can start making money sooner and when they make mistakes.. "hey its open beta, this is suppose to happen!"
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the floor was getting so unstable that it was going to give way, yes, pretty much.
    edited May 2013
    Gotta love it when the grammar police come out and their own comments are spelled incorrectly. Priceless. :D

As far as the maintanence, I have to agree with most here that this is a horrible time to choose for this. No, I'm not whining, but have to admit that I was quite shocked when I tried to login to the game and the servers were down on a Saturday night during primetime hours. Very odd time to schedule a maintenance in my opinion. I, like a lot of others here don't get much time to play. Oh well, I suppose no matter what time they take the servers down it will be an inconvenience to someone around the world. Sure can't please everyone.

Ahem ... you missed the edit ...
  • dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    camilyn wrote: »
    Honestly, for an open beta there should be no real current transactions allowed. I don't forsee them letting people carry over their lvl 60 toons to the live game whenever it launches
    Open beta is the live launch. There is no reset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
    edited May 2013
    fermiaful wrote: »
    wow 3 people replyd like I did there is fait in humans!

Oh, please ....
  • bahtogbahtog Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Are you gonna fix the Foundry to where you can search for quests by name or author? I published a quest and there's no way I can find it when logged in as my main character. Others have been complaining too. I can't share my quests if the only way to share them is to have a friend type in an atrocious "short code" which is not short, impossible to remember, and cannot be pasted into the search box in game. Fix it to where I can type in "The Caustic Swamp" and pull up my quest.
    i was able to find mine with the ID tag it was given not my actual quest name. i was having this same problem hope this helps. the Id number is visible when you you enter the foundry and select the quest you want to search. i hope they do fix this bug looking for my quest in this manner has be annoying. this was my quest ID "NW-DDFZG5J61" i searched it in game and my quest came right up.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . I made this countdown to the end of scheduled maintenance to assist those overseas in calculating the time difference.

Link
  • kellenfukellenfu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It boggles my mind how people are *****ing about the money they spent. If you're foolish enough to sink money you care about into an open beta (whether you agree if it's "really" one or not, the developers say it is, which is a pretty strong hint) then I have precisely zero sympathy for you.
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I, like a lot of others here don't get much time to play.

And that sentence is your derp?
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . I made this countdown to the end of scheduled maintenance to assist those overseas in calculating the time difference.

Link

epic! but remember It may be later computers you know..never do like you want
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »

Link

Oh, hell .... my ribs are hurting ... that's really, really funny.
  • skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013

The word was spelled correctly. I used the incorrect word. Dumbass.
  • thehungrystormthehungrystorm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sheez, this game goes down more than a two dollar ho.
  • murb3murb3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smarylin wrote: »
    I would if the sewer was backed up.

They should put Tyrion Lannister on the job... xD
  • monkybuttfacemonkybuttface Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers back up.
    edited May 2013
    kellenfu wrote: »
    It boggles my mind how people are *****ing about the money they spent. If you're foolish enough to sink money you care about into an open beta (whether you agree if it's "really" one or not, the developers say it is, which is a pretty strong hint) then I have precisely zero sympathy for you.

No one in the last 20 or so pages has *****ed about spending money .... what you readin' Willis?
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the countdown is over, server up

not trolling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
    edited May 2013
    Btw about the spelling...are you going to muck me to? Im a dyslecit:(
  • wertz350wertz350 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kellenfu wrote: »

They charged people to be able to play their beta early.. and every other post i seem to see is people defending these devs on doing such a fantastic job.. what?

Had they just had a 4-5 day open beta they would of gotten a proper stress test and made a much smoother real release.
    edited May 2013
    YAY he speak the truth!
  • bellylintbellylint Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of you guys are way out of line and I'm thinking it might be time for a clean up of this forum.

I know that patience is something long gone nowadays, it's the "memyself and I" right now, right this second. But if you stop for a moment and actually smell the **** roses you might realize that games are just there to entertain you, they are no responsibility beyond that and if you cannot take waiting a few hours for things to be improved, if you cannot find a simple **** thing to do, then I'm afraid all hope is lost for you.

And please don't tell us you've spent in this **** game, if a store has a problem, whether you have spent Inside the store or not no one gives a hoot about that, the store will kick you out and resolve the problem and won't let you in until the problem is resolved, granted it's usually a serious problem as stores don't usually like to close down for trivial things and you would figure that this maintenance has to be serious in nature given the time it was executed.

So please shut the hell up and stop whining like cry babies and get a life while you wait for the server to come back up.
This discussion has been closed.