test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• hsthst Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    Saturday, 4:30 am here in my country, someone calls me and say:

"C'mon dude, I don't need to work today, so let's play NW till our eyes bleed."

First I though:

"You got to be kidding me dude, its 4:30 am"

But then, I said:

"Sure, why not, since you wake me up already. Let me get something to eat and drink, brush my teeths and lets go."

And here I am.

Why the world is so unfair? WHY? WHYYYY?????????????
  • django02django02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Launcher starts now, but shows Servers as offline. however gameclient.exe is now starting.
  • gigantusomertagigantusomerta Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in! Well kind of... Patching is working but servers are down atm :(
  • user31241user31241 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so close yet so far :L

There restarting the game. . . it will take approx 15-20 mins depending on there servers...

they have to open the command line to start the checking and connecting the servers bla de blah. simple exsamle is a minecraft server it works kinda the same way

or a virtual server. . . much confusing for comman folk like you all
  • gkmmorgkmmor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gkmmor wrote: »
    Link in solution is dead, probably it does not work and they removed the page...

15 minutes after my post Link works ok and logged in :)
  • django02django02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you sure? The launcher still shows the server as offline (red light in top) and a message below pictures says "...servers offline..."
  • shalanteltshalantelt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • user31241user31241 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the link works now but thanks
  • nikisornikisor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's server down for you guys aswell ?
    Thanks.
  • ghede2ghede2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add to the software conflicts: D3DGear

it's streaming/screen capture software. Even having it installed prevents the game from running.
  • battaxbattax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there anyone with my same problem?
    It keeps going on loadin in the titles page, after the "cryptic" page...
  • battaxbattax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just started...
  • aciel87aciel87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [Solution] Update 12: "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" "Trying to update the launcher. Be patient. Tried connecting 1 time." Replace Neverwinter.exe listed in Solution Update 7.

I have recently installed NW 2 days ago but the game won't run at time. Every time I run it "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" "Trying to update the launcher. Be patient. Tried connecting 1 time." shows for a second then disappears. Later how much I wait nothing happens. Neverwinter.exe runs in the background processes while eating 50-56% CPU and 6.7 MB RAM. I'm on Windows 8 Pro x64.

If any one can help me on this, then I will be happy to try this game out.

Regards~
  • dadishdadish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having a launcher issue I start up the Neverwinter.exe and i get a white window with chinese letters these : 攼㹭潌摡湩⹧倠敬獡⁥慷瑩㰮支㹭. I try to run it with administrator mode with no success. I try to download that new "Neverwinter.exe" file from "Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions" does nothing same issue. Tried to reinstall multiple times from all sources still the issue remains.

I get no errors during the install. But from what I can see in the game folder things might be missing, I have no GameClient.exe in the Live folder all I have there is piggs folder (with hogg files inside) nothing more. People have had this issue on STO and CO as well. I have tried to get it to work by closing everything down even AV/Firewall programs.

Last thing i have tried is to download torrent that had the GameClient.exe there and a bunch of files that my original install lacked/missed due to some unknown reason. But this way i got into the GameClient.exe and to the "login screen" but I get timed out on account servers and the game version (on top of the screen) is outdated. Interesting part is that I'm getting the same error even if I just copy the "Neverwinter.exe" (only file) and uninstall the rest of the game completely.

In the end I cant get the game up to date or the launcher working at all. Even the "Neverwinter.exe" from the torrent with the Gameclient.exe gives me the chinese letters. I don't know what more I can do.
  • stavrrosstavrros Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am getting past the login details screen to the next screen where it says Patching in the bottom left hand corner and the big CANCEL button in the bottom right hand corner. It stays in this state forever.

I can't even press the cancel button let alone get past this part.

Is this game live?
  • nicholaskoch90nicholaskoch90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stavrros wrote: »
    i am getting past the login details screen to the next screen where it says Patching in the bottom left hand corner and the big CANCEL button in the bottom right hand corner. It stays in this state forever.

I can't even press the cancel button let alone get past this part.

Is this game live?

I have the exact same problem / I downloaded all correctly no problems, went to play this morning, and then it says patching, and remains in that state forever. Please someone can help I want play badddd.
    Headshots are fun. BANG
    edited May 2013
    I have the exact same problem / I downloaded all correctly no problems, went to play this morning, and then it says patching, and remains in that state forever. Please someone can help I want play badddd.

SRRY I AM **** FORUM

bUT

I FIGURED OUT MY PROBLEM,

If u have patching screen problem: Hit ctl alt del, start task manager, look for cryptic error and end process, also look for game launcher and end that process as well, re open ur launcher and it will work
    Headshots are fun. BANG
  • armin2202993armin2202993 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    :$ Can't understand that :$
  • dudemcgee56dudemcgee56 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Solution 7 will work for me but only once. Once I leave the game or get kicked out there is no getting back in again without another 2 hours of patching. Game seems fun but I'm obviously not going to download the game each time I want to play.
  • xoran00xoran00 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get this message when I click the Login button on the launcher:
    Unable to authenticate. Couldn't even attempt account server connection.
  • winstondgreatwinstondgreat Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can select my character then the screen loads and everytime I attempt to move my character the game just crashes to desktop then I get this "CrypticError" message!

I'm pretty sure the problem is not on my end because I have other MMOs installed on my computer and they run just fine.

Also, I have found a game log error in the game folder:

130501 10:55:27 17 [1]: HTTP patching problem (ContentLengthMissing):
    130502 03:13:16 14 [1]: HTTP patching problem (ContentLengthMissing):
    130502 15:52:50 14 [1]: HTTP patching problem (ContentLengthMissing):
    130503 07:54:06 14 [1]: HTTP patching problem (ContentLengthMissing):

Dunno what these errors are, can somebody explain?

Are the development team or GMs or whatever u are of this game even reading the forums?

I know this is still open-beta and I understand bugs and glitches will occur but c'mon the game is not working at all!

And you're expecting people to purchase your Founder's Pack for $200?! Are you freaking serious?! :mad:
    edited May 2013
    agreed man,

I fixed my problem with pathcing using their holy solutions. But then the game would make it to the loading screen that says CRYPTIC, where it would freeze and then pop up cryptic error fatal oops bin.missiontags.bin.

WHAT THE !!! Two days of reinstalling , tried all solutions , NOTHING WORKS, andf its not my comp, i have crazy good comp.

Fix ur game plz, i wantplay baddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
    Headshots are fun. BANG
  • miessaumiessau Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    No guild for normal players are u kidding me!!!
  • fyrenfirefyrenfire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems like the launcher has some issues with team viewer? Not sure why team viewer has anything to do with the launcher errors, but having it on seems to crash the launcher right after the login button is pressed...
  • coolerlewcoolerlew Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It ask me for a code that was sent to my email, but there was no email sent :(
    This is happening on both mine and my wife's account
  • unholypriusunholyprius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SRRY I AM **** FORUM

bUT

I FIGURED OUT MY PROBLEM,

If u have patching screen problem: Hit ctl alt del, start task manager, look for cryptic error and end process, also look for game launcher and end that process as well, re open ur launcher and it will work

This works! If your launcher lets you log in and says Patching but the information isn't actually loading and i just sits there. This is how to fix it. I have seen a few people with this problem. It works :DD
  • cleanorcleanor Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Game was working fine, but today I am crashing left and right, before the maintenance and after.

Now there are also issues with the log in. I get two errors:

1. After typing in my password, often is says Unable to authenticate and freezes. About 1/5 times it goes past this to...

2. After getting to the PLAY button, 2/3 times I get Unable to connect to account server (3).

I love your game, but please get it working. Any remedies to these problems that have worked for anyone else?
  • steinarasteinara Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, says on the last update the launcher is fixed, but i get msg. "unable to establish connection to path server, please check ur internet connection, is the problems presists contact technical suport"
    I m running the launcer in Windows 7 and administrator mode.
    Tnx for any help you can give me.
  • messiahhamessiahha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello guys, i try to launch the game, start launcher, got patch and game client is not startet with this.

Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and conenect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long.

Any help?
  • cleric3422cleric3422 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fyrenfire wrote: »
    Seems like the launcher has some issues with team viewer? Not sure why team viewer has anything to do with the launcher errors, but having it on seems to crash the launcher right after the login button is pressed...

After seeing this, I uninstalled TeamViewer and the launcher instantly worked. Clearly some obtuse conflict.
This discussion has been closed.