Install Arc
Options

[Guide] Companion info and a bit of a guide

Comments

• Options
    ragerblade82ragerblade82 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    senseijohn wrote: »
    AGREED! She's eyecandy and nothing more. Save your money and get a training manual.

I heard that she is good to have now. Now some are saying she is eye candy. I got her because of some friends, and starting to rank her up. Now i want to know if her life steal buff worth it. DO I have to build life steal to get full use of it? or how does she work.
  • Options
    sindofinsindofin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    volcxxx wrote: »
    Ioun stone of Allure is removed from cash shop and is not avilable now at all

It's still listed at the Trade Bar Merchant for 1000 bars.
  • Options
    ikedateramusaikedateramusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want to know which companions to get at this point...

I bought $40 in Zen. I could get the acolyte and the kobold... or the badger and 1 extra slot...

For the price (which I think it exorbitant) I just can't fathom which I need. And the scroll over's don't really help all that much.
  • Options
    novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want to know which companions to get at this point...

I bought $40 in Zen. I could get the acolyte and the kobold... or the badger and 1 extra slot...

For the price (which I think it exorbitant) I just can't fathom which I need. And the scroll over's don't really help all that much.

Hard to say, my psychic powers are giving me static and can't tell what class you are.
  • Options
    ragerblade82ragerblade82 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    So question is how can I make my 20 dollars investment better? I got the priest one and I enjoy the damage debuff on my GWF, but I don't notice the life steal at all.
  • Options
    netcraft842netcraft842 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys, what level pick second companion?
  • Options
    hellkat4hellkat4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome post!
    Thanks!!!
  • Options
    ikedateramusaikedateramusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    novron wrote: »
    Hard to say, my psychic powers are giving me static and can't tell what class you are.

1) Loved that book/series.
    2) I am a Wizard.
    3) I thought both the kobold and the rock killed stuff all tank-like.
  • Options
    forumlurkingforumlurking Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am duo-ing a Tank GF & Healer DC. So far I only have the panther on my cleric.
    Seems like my team's survivability & healing are fine but DPS is a little lacking. The panther only really attacks in long fights but I am keeping the panther in there just to get him XP with the hopes he will be improved later.

Which Companions would be recommended If I want to up the team's DPS? In the end I want to have 2 purple DPS on each character while leveling (so I can have one out while the other is training).

If possible that one on each account can be unbound and traded that would be a factor so that I don't have 2 at 30 maxed just sitting there.
  • Options
    corprancorpran Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will it be possible to have more then one companion out at one time??
  • Options
    fivecmpersecondfivecmpersecond Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    corpran wrote: »
    Will it be possible to have more then one companion out at one time??

same question,i wondered about that since i only have 1 companion atm :D
    Huge fan of Aria,5 Centimeters Per Second,Bungaku Shoujo & Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rutgar151277rutgar151277 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    U can only have 1 companion out a time, while one is training u can use the other one :)
  • Options
    speekselsspeeksels Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very nice guide.
  • Options
    xraytecxraytec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just had one question. the first gear icon requires a Talisman. But I'm not sure what or where to get it. Nothing I try to implement in the slot works? I know this is probably a stupid question, but I am honestly confused.
  • Options
    kent10skent10s Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any info on the stats that the dog brings?
    "Drive it like u stole it"
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Xraytec: Talismans are off-hand weapon items. You can find them from the jewelry vendor in the Market. Note that companions can wear items from any class and at any level, so feel free to buy one that your own character could not wear.
  • Options
    xraytecxraytec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Xraytec: Talismans are off-hand weapon items. You can find them from the jewelry vendor in the Market. Note that companions can wear items from any class and at any level, so feel free to buy one that your own character could not wear.
    Thank you doctorcomics I will head there when I log back in to the game. I just wonder why they would call an off-hand weapon a talisman? Seems misleading to me. Anyway, thank you again!!
  • Options
    novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xraytec wrote: »
    Thank you doctorcomics I will head there when I log back in to the game. I just wonder why they would call an off-hand weapon a talisman? Seems misleading to me. Anyway, thank you again!!

Talismans are off-hand for control wizards but usable by some pets. Some pets use icons, they're off hand cleric gear.
  • Options
    kajakeenkajakeen Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a cleric and I've had the wizard since level 16, I'm 50 now. Starting to get bored of him and he does almost no damage. Looking for recommendations!
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kajakeen wrote: »
    I'm a cleric and I've had the wizard since level 16, I'm 50 now. Starting to get bored of him and he does almost no damage. Looking for recommendations!

Since those can only really hit rank 15, they will lag behind a lot. If you can get a better one, blue or purple, those will be better. You can also wait for the upgrade manuals which will make the white quality ones better.
  • Options
    blackrainblackrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello! Apologies if this has been answered, I looked through a few pages of this thread and didn't see it mentioned..

When you puchase a companion with Zen from the store, do all your characters get one? Is it account wide? I really want to buy the Acolyte but I plan on having a few alts. Thanks! :D
  • Options
    muzikfogmuzikfog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im currently lvl 28 Control Wizard with Dog and Sellsword (use the other while one of them trains). I am really feeling that the DPS companions are completely useless. My Sellsword and Dog are rank 12/11, 141/105 Power and they are really doing LOW damage, they are getting about 25-32 dmg 39 is a crit! Was wondering if this is the same for everyone else.
    Would recommend getting either the Tank or the Cleric companion as the DPS ones are not helping at all. :|
  • Options
    kilyan82xkilyan82x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have my cleric companion lv 15, it doesn't go up further, how i upgrade it?
    CPU:PHENOM II X4 965@3.9 GHZ
    MOBO:ASROCK 890GX EXTREME 3
    RAM:8GB 1600 MHZ
    SSD:SAMSUNG 830
    VGA:ASUS 560 TI DCII TOP 900/1800/2100
  • Options
    mskwadratemskwadrate Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So a white rarity companion (dog from the quest) can't unlock all 4 skins ?
  • Options
    jester000jester000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone bought the crit/recovery cat yet? is it any good/worth the diamonds?
    Zach
    Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    k2ek2e Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blackrain wrote: »
    When you puchase a companion with Zen from the store, do all your characters get one? Is it account wide? I really want to buy the Acolyte but I plan on having a few alts. Thanks! :D

Companions purchased with ZEN are for one a single character, unlike mounts, which unlock one per character on your account. Some, but not all, Companions can be unbound for a fee of Astral Diamonds, and then they're free to be traded, sold, or passed off to another character. This doesn't apply to all Companions, such as the Dire Wolf and Panther that come from Founder Packs. I'm not sure if ZEN purchased Companions have a similar restriction.
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Phoera for life! XD
    kinda disappointed with the vicious dire wolf though :S or it might just be me..
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    sheduursheduur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are there any non-white companions that you can loot or buy ingame, other than through the ZEN store?
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sheduur wrote: »
    Are there any non-white companions that you can loot or buy ingame, other than through the ZEN store?

Well.. Not really atm. However you can always buy companions on the auctionhouse using diamonds, buy keys for lockboxes wih diamonds on the auctionhouse and hope for Phoera or ofcourse wait till the companion rarity increase manuals will be unlocked.
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    natalzznatalzz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its possible to have 2 companions at same time? Saw 1 guy with 2 dogs and another with 2 mages.