test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Open Beta is now live. Log in and play now!

Comments

• Options
    tomelustomelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone have an idea when it will be back up? Just started playing and am psyched to see more.
  • Options
    gregordarkthanegregordarkthane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure on their eta...wish they'd give us that but I can say that it is still effecting STO as well. Just wanted to see what was happening there and I get exactly the same thing...it's trying to connect to a server but can't. I'd say they're definitely on that as there are a lot of Trek nerds out there right now trying to figure out how to beam them a new server or something...hey, don't judge me, I love STO...just love NW a bit more is all.
  • Options
    roadkillpancakeroadkillpancake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tomelus wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idea when it will be back up? Just started playing and am psyched to see more.

Its been two hours now. Obviously they have some issues. You can't even get past the login server now. Might be a while is my guess.
  • Options
    clidal2002clidal2002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thing that upsets me most is that you are allowed to breathe the same air as me. It is an open beta. That means they're ironing out difficulties...this seems to be one of those. That's why they call it an open "beta". Still fixin' stuff. Honestly...don't breed.

wow obviously you've never ever ever played a computer game or done ANY beta testing at all....just because they say its a horse doesn't change the fact that its cow....if you had a clue(which you don't) you'd realize this....oh but wait you must have been in the closed beta right?? Cause I was, and at the end every character was wiped...once again to reiterate (sorry to use big words I know they're hard for you) cryptic can call it the Star Spangled Banner......that doesn't mean it is.....kinda gotta look at the facts.
  • Options
    gregordarkthanegregordarkthane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I just tried to log in it said "Currently undergoing extended maintenance. Thank you." So I'm assuming it will be a while. I would however like to leave this forum on a positive note(been looking for a reason to go fling a lightsaber at something anyway". Their first day of open beta, we experienced a ludicrous ammount of lag...they fixed it immediately though the q was a hundred miles long(it was like waiting to get on a ride at six flags only without the humidity and heat." The very next day, everything was running extremely smoothly. No lines, no hassle, on off switch no problem. I don't know exactly what is happening with them now, but I must say for a beta, they are doing what seems to me to be a tremendous job and giving it some serious effort. I for one will cut them some slack and simply say I look forward to playing again very soon!
  • Options
    displayname04displayname04 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clidal2002 wrote: »
    this isn't Raisin Brand ....this is Corn Flakes with raisins in them.:
    I got some hairs for you to split too while your at it, try not to act so condescending afterwards. The internet, after all, isn't serious business.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wow obviously you've never ever ever played a computer game or done ANY beta testing at all....just because they say its a horse doesn't change the fact that its cow....if you had a clue(which you don't) you'd realize this....oh but wait you must have been in the closed beta right?? Cause I was, and at the end every character was wiped...once again to reiterate (sorry to use big words I know they're hard for you) cryptic can call it the Star Spangled Banner......that doesn't mean it is.....kinda gotta look at the facts.

You sure are smart...those big words. I can't quite keep up! Gonna quote what I posted just now so I can save my breath on a mouth breather such as yourself...When I just tried to log in it said "Currently undergoing extended maintenance. Thank you." So I'm assuming it will be a while. I would however like to leave this forum on a positive note(been looking for a reason to go fling a lightsaber at something anyway". Their first day of open beta, we experienced a ludicrous ammount of lag...they fixed it immediately though the q was a hundred miles long(it was like waiting to get on a ride at six flags only without the humidity and heat." The very next day, everything was running extremely smoothly. No lines, no hassle, on off switch no problem. I don't know exactly what is happening with them now, but I must say for a beta, they are doing what seems to me to be a tremendous job and giving it some serious effort. I for one will cut them some slack and simply say I look forward to playing again very soon!"

And I've probably been playing mmo's since you were in diapers fyi...my earlier point was, it IS a beta...not labeled a beta it IS a beta. However, I'll concede your point on one account...this is a cryptic wide problem, not just NW. And as my quote states, they have been doing tremendous(ow, head hurts...big word strained brain). So stop your whining and really...seriously...DON'T BREED!
  • Options
    myforumnaemmyforumnaem Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Refresh, laugh, refresh, laugh.

Hands down the best way to eat time while waiting for the servers to go back online/
  • Options
    clidal2002clidal2002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh and the best point...this isn't a solitary occurrence cryptic has had this SAME exact problem in multiple games for 3 years!!! you'd think after all that time they maybe would have fixed it? if you don't believe me google cryptic launcher not connecting firkin a I could understand if this was a brand new issue and they were in the process of fixing it, but it happens ALL the time. with LOTS of their games! it's not gonna stop me from playing but come on get a clue and fix it once and for all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You sure are smart...those big words. I can't quite keep up! Gonna quote what I posted just now so I can save my breath on a mouth breather such as yourself...When I just tried to log in it said "Currently undergoing extended maintenance. Thank you." So I'm assuming it will be a while. I would however like to leave this forum on a positive note(been looking for a reason to go fling a lightsaber at something anyway". Their first day of open beta, we experienced a ludicrous ammount of lag...they fixed it immediately though the q was a hundred miles long(it was like waiting to get on a ride at six flags only without the humidity and heat." The very next day, everything was running extremely smoothly. No lines, no hassle, on off switch no problem. I don't know exactly what is happening with them now, but I must say for a beta, they are doing what seems to me to be a tremendous job and giving it some serious effort. I for one will cut them some slack and simply say I look forward to playing again very soon!"

And I've probably been playing mmo's since you were in diapers fyi...my earlier point was, it IS a beta...not labeled a beta it IS a beta. However, I'll concede your point on one account...this is a cryptic wide problem, not just NW. And as my quote states, they have been doing tremendous(ow, head hurts...big word strained brain). So stop your whining and really...seriously...DON'T BREED!

cant argue with stupid so this it, do you know the difference between a "Beta test" and a Live game? obviously you don't...
  • Options
    blazingvoltblazingvolt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :( Please help i just installed game yesterday and even yesterday i had made char and started playing but now once the launcher is appears i log in and then it says that connecting to servers and then say server timed out and second says that servers are not available...Please Mail me or reply me please.
  • Options
    gezakkgezakk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uninstall the game, throw a pinch of salt over your shoulder, turn in a circle 3 times, drink a pint of goats blood, and youre ready to go!
  • Options
    zurielamatzurielamat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Software release life cycle
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A software release life cycle is the sum of the phases of development and maturity for a piece of computer software: ranging from its initial development to its eventual release, and including updated versions of the released version to help improve software or fix bugs still present in the software.

sounds like open-beta to me
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cant argue with stupid so this it, do you know the difference between a "Beta test" and a Live game? obviously you don't...
    My god the irony of this statement made my nose bleed. Here's a little factoid, it doesn't matter what YOU call it, it doesn't matter what I call it. It doesn't matter what the hell any of us think about it. They can call it Beta for the next 4 damned years and that's what it'll be. Beta. Its up to them and (thank you white Jesus) not little asshats like you.
  • Options
    slapthathogslapthathog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    they shut it down becasue nobody had slept for days :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Nobody loves me but my mother, and she could be jiving too!"

Dungeon: Power of the Loc-Nar
    Author: @Merryblues
    Short Code: NW-DCPWC4FTI
    Average Duration: 23 min
    Forum Link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?282392-Power-of-the-Loc-Nar
  • Options
    myforumnaemmyforumnaem Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My god the irony of this statement made my nose bleed. Here's a little factoid, it doesn't matter what YOU call it, it doesn't matter what I call it. It doesn't matter what the hell any of us think about it. They can call it Beta for the next 4 damned years and that's what it'll be. Beta. Its up to them and (thank you white Jesus) not little asshats like you.

This is entirely true, except Jesus is Black.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :( Please help i just installed game yesterday and even yesterday i had made char and started playing but now once the launcher is appears i log in and then it says that connecting to servers and then say server timed out and second says that servers are not available...Please Mail me or reply me please.

Uninstall, then go to Pirate101 and download the game. That download should work. Oh and here's a tip, start as a Musketeer!
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    x83killshotx83killshot Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anybody want multi-class???
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    this is entirely true, except jesus is black.
    blasphemy!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    agreed the definition isnt in question they see it as an opportunity to load the game with out restrictions to population and or they might be limiting population. fact is they have done a lot sent open-beta and addressing the issues. i have participated in beta and open-beta and even got to keep characters NO developer HAS to stick to any law or stay true to any traditional definition of the meaning of OPEN-BETA. the fact its free to play might distinguish it slightly differently as we all can just keep playing afterwards cause were not being charged or having to purchase the game.

seems a silly thing to bicker about and if you look around there's sooo many more classes planed to be added so its hardly complete.

shrugs
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    multi-class is planed from what i have read.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    not sure how they would swing that technically but... with the number of classes they plan to implement im excited and i hope they unlock character slots when its live ..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nice...with so few classes, is a welcome thought.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zurielamat wrote: »
    multi-class is planed from what i have read.
    Be interesting to see how they implement them. My guess is that you would have to pick a multi-class to level into at character creation. It'd be more like a hybrid class, maybe with it's own set of skills for the most part. IMO
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Maybe hybrid feats and skills?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Maybe hybrid feats and skills?
    Wish I'd thought of that.
  • Options
    aldonesxrcsaldonesxrcs Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to see what they do about the extremely class-specific gear, in that case. I'd love it, for instance, if a warrior was treated a little more traditionally and could simply wear everything, and not just their specific flavor of a particular kind of platemail that nobody else in turn can wear. Add 16 more class types with names like "trickster rogue" (which is different from other rogues that become available?) and give them all their own type of gear, and loot drops will become perpetual disappointments if they stay randomized.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Party chat channel and better map quest location would be nice, as well....we are testing it.
  • Options
    blazingvoltblazingvolt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    Uninstall, then go to Pirate101 and download the game. That download should work. Oh and here's a tip, start as a Musketeer!

I downloaded this game from the offical web as a torrent.
    then why?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/neverwinter/Neverwinter_Classes

not sure how accurate this is but its an impressive list. And i thought this proly was not for this MMO .. but then noticed the only ones you can examine are the very ones available in this game so could this be a real list?
This discussion has been closed.