test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Open Beta is now live. Log in and play now!

Comments

• se0rockse0rock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well my friends at perfectworld.com....

after not being able to use my beta key for beta weekend 3...due to login issues...(missed out on that opportunity) and now having issues with logging in to the server on "open beta"....I have realized that this is a moral waste of my time. But hey, what can you expect from a free to play game...going back to world of warcraft...where I pay $15 a month, but have no problems connecting to the game and if I need technical support all I have to do is get on the phone and call up blizzard and problem resolved. Big fail in your part and maybe if you had a better customer service and technical support most of your problems would be resolved already. I know that you want to do your own thing, however, sometimes is okay to use something other companies (blizzard) have used for years and has worked.

See ya!!!!
    Hate to be ya!!!
  • stabyofacestabyoface Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you ask what im most excited about???? what about some servers that work that would be fun
  • dudsadudsa Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what time is it?
  • deathcratfer007deathcratfer007 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i must admit this is some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • ksertterksertter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay i had a wision and in that wision server was on So Come AND PLAY!!!
  • vilztilmerurdenvilztilmerurden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK it says that all servers are up with the green light lit on the log-in screen. When I log in and the game launches it says "the server are unavailable at this time" and takes me back to a log in screen. I exit the game all together and I see the green light and says All servers are up but when I log in it tells me that the server is unavailable..... anyone else getting this problem?

Yes, this is the same problem I'm having. I'm pretty confused. If the server is down, I understand it being unavailable and would just come back later. But since the Patcher indicates that the server is Up (green light), I'm not sure whether the problem is on my end or their end. Trying to figure this out. Is the server up and I can't access it for some reason, or is the server down? :P
  • deathcratfer007deathcratfer007 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its up thanks god!!!
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really think they should give us a buttload of in-game goodies to compensate for even giving them a chance after all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dead01dead01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FOR THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM,
    This is a small error and I'm not sure of its relevance to anything what-so-ever but the launcher contains a spelling error. At the bottom of the launcher "Dungeons & Dragons" is spelled "Gungeons & Dragons" Just thought you should be made aware.
    edited May 2013
    Says Dungeons & Dragons on mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wanyeneqwanyeneq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the top left corner of the launcher, there is a server status light. Green dot, online. Red dot, offline. Check the Devtracker for information on server downtime. There is also a message on the bottom of the launcher specifying the estimated downtime of the server (7am-11am PDT).

That is true, if the patcher-launcher gets that far. I don't think it did. I suspect it was checking login server or patch server status first, then hanging because one or the other wasn't alive/available, before showing the launcher window.
  • longstriderlongstrider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Can't connect server. must be fixing something :)
  • longstriderlongstrider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    YAYYY its working :)
  • borntotankborntotank Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't not log i to the server is he down ? and patcher works good wen you got a pop up from laucher 1tim and he dont download this yust try again he wil works fine for me :)
  • tallious007tallious007 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there an actual forum topic that can inform us of when servers are up and down in a close to real time update, so I am not spending hours slogging through the forums and can actually step away from my puter for a short time without worrying I'm missing out in the fun?
    What goes up (servers) must come down (servers)
  • neverwinterbro69neverwinterbro69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is anyone experiencing any issues with "invalid username or password" on the launcher? I am able to log in on the website using the same account name/pword combination(obviously), have tried running launcher in administrator and such.

Any ideas? i have already reset the password twice over the course of about 4 hours just in case a server issue was causing it.
  • zipkatszipkats Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps open beta was premature . . .
    disappointing:-/
  • darthscythedarthscythe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guys i can't log in

it says invalid account or password
  • zipkatszipkats Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all you joining in Open Beta . . . Hero Beta was awesome . . . now . . . well, hope we get to do instances again someday.
  • mrchinomrchino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zipkats wrote: »
    Perhaps open beta was premature . . .
    disappointing:-/

I agree, although this is what beta is about guys.. trial and error, though yeah opening the flood gates to this like a 90% off storewide sale xmas eve was kinda silly. Would've been smarter to just give all closed beta testers a couple of extra keys to give friends to gain population slowly in time and cope with the population growth gradually.. I don't remember a very popular mmo doing the closed to open beta transition smoothly.. so we just gotta play the wait game.
  • zaknayfianzaknayfian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have tried a few things... turned off my firewall too... this is a joke... if you ever expect anyone to play this game the first thing you need to be able to do is LOG IN.

I have a brand new machine with Windows 8. Guess what - you should be able to run this game on my machine.

I will go play Marvel Heroes Beta tomorrow instead...

Thanks,
    Tom
  • mrchinomrchino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And here come the angry threads...
  • jilkorathjilkorath Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just downloaded the game so haven't gotten in yet, waitin' ever so impatiently to patch! *_*

I did notice I can't log in using my account name, but have to use my email. - tip for those failing to log in with account name, use ur email! ;)
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I was so hyped about this but losing those two levels then being told by an admin here to just go grind to get them back really discourages me from playing, since this has happened I've not killed the first orc or anything else in game. Screw it. Why bother if I'm gonna lose two levels every time the server crashes?

Well, it is beta, so I pretty much would assume I'd lose progress once game goes live...
    edited May 2013
    jilkorath wrote: »
    I just downloaded the game so haven't gotten in yet, waitin' ever so impatiently to patch! *_*

I did notice I can't log in using my account name, but have to use my email. - tip for those failing to log in with account name, use ur email! ;)

Well, it is beta, so I pretty much would assume I'd lose progress once game goes live...

If this is their game plan then I want them to just go ahead and wipe everyone's progress down to zero. At least then it will be fair. But this whole business of just taking a couple of levels from a few people is BS. I was 1 level away from unlocking the Foundry and am so angry/disappointed with the game developers now since they won't do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to resolve this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stalogstalog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just installed. It's running smoothly except when I try and log in to select a server and make my first character, It runs through the cycle then instantly DCs me to the log in screen.
  • lghspd4melghspd4me Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What shard's are where in the world? I want to be on a North American shard for best performance
  • laerthas1laerthas1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop complaining all of ya, it is open beta you should be expecting problems. Shards are (were and will be) down for good reasons. You waited long time till open can't you just wait a little more? I know they are doing everything to solve the problems. I guess you remember the launch of D3 and it was 60 eur bargain.
  • xephras1xephras1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally can log in but when I do it says I have to have cookies enabled to play, but I do have them enabled but still won't let me in? any one else having this issue or am I just not doing something right?
  • nytusnytus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good, goood, goooood.
  • shareenahshareenah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These login issues have not been fixed at all, think I will just forget about this game it's just not worth wasting my time on this nothing been done to resolve this issue it's now 2/05/2013 14.37 if they cannot be bothered to sort it out then I cannot be bothered waiting!!!!
This discussion has been closed.