test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Open Beta is now live. Log in and play now!

Comments

• Options
    drakonfury98drakonfury98 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Frustrating, but at least this lets me watch the Big Bang Theory!
  • Options
    youlogy1025youlogy1025 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got as far as character selection and it dropped me
  • Options
    rickylake2103rickylake2103 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so many people crying like little girls --that's why the run open beta to work out the final kinks. If your life is so pathetic you cant entertain your self for a couple hours while 1 of the coolest games released in years tries to work out the last bugs---then you my friends are a sad sad little person---a
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deroth wrote: »
    I agree as well. I have played D&D for nearly 30 years, still have some of my old books. Played almost every D&D game released for PC, including Neverwinter Nights 1&2. I played that other D&D Online game..... I can't even express the waist of time. This game is by far the best D&D game to date, as well as best MMO. I've played'em all from WOW to PW, and everything in between, NWO is tops in my book. Funny the "NWO" reference, because this is a new world of gaming, and though the game is glitchy at the moment, this is the future of MMOs, imho.

Come on. How much of the game have you seen and experienced so far to make such a huge claim?
    I think it is a decent game so far, especially for an open Beta stage. But even if I decide to play it exclusively, I can't and will never forget the many other games that came before it. Just because a game no longer appeals to some people, or in fact declining, doesn't mean it started out like that.
    I don't care how anyone labels WoW these days, that game still had its great moments. Dungeon and Dragon Online also for while was one of my favorite games. Hec even Warhammer Online was a BLAST the first year it came out.
    No matter how good this game becomes, it definitely will NOT be the future of MMOs, simply because it caters to a specific type of players. Some people will never touch an instanced MMO with a 10 foot pole. There is also a growing segment of gamers that will only consider sandbox MMOs, anyone of the 10+ major projects already in the works.
    In the end, I just hope these guys don't loose focus of who they are catering to instead of getting greedy and trying to be everything for everyone.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    derothderoth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree with Rickylake2103. This down time just gives me time to plot out my first foundry story. They'll have it up by tomorrow, I'm sure.
    Woke up in Greyhawk, went by the Whistling Fish for breakfast. Weird mist in the cellar. Checked it out, ended up fighting Strahd in Ravenloft
  • Options
    mikehamikeha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually rickylake2103 your the pathetic one realy trolling posts so you can actually put something like this up your a total waste of space there
  • Options
    displayname04displayname04 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What!! A game in beta isn't working!?! I've spent no money in this completely free game and now its being tirelessly fixed so I can get back to enjoying it?!? This is something completely reasonable to be this upset about!!!!! (flips closest table)
  • Options
    ironredeironrede Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the laughs! C'mon Cryptic!
  • Options
    lilaaklilaak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where would you look to see if the server is down or not?
  • Options
    brahnashalbrahnashal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would seem that other Cryptic games are effected by this outage as well. At least from what people are saying on other forums.
  • Options
    issumarissumar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    look at the top of your loader screen you will see "server" with a red (down) dot or a green dot ( up)
  • Options
    murfdredmurfdred Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What!! A game in beta isn't working!?! I've spent no money in this completely free game and now its being tirelessly fixed so I can get back to enjoying it?!? This is something completely reasonable to be this upset about!!!!! (flips closest table)
    well. some of players DID payed for this game already FYI
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please update the news article and the title of this thread by removing the: Log in and play now! statement
  • Options
    fimissed4fimissed4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a beta this is bound to happen. This is what a beta is for if you don't like it come back when the actual game comes out.
  • Options
    backstabbinubackstabbinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    issumar wrote: »
    look at the top of your loader screen you will see "server" with a red (down) dot or a green dot ( up)

Sadly, though. This isn't holding true. I do have the green dot but it dies once it gets in-game to connect to the server. Something died. Hard.
  • Options
    racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We the Sons of Gygax have made Neverwinter blow up along with the Sons of Roddenberry doing the same to Star Trek Online. Our reasons... Trekers want more tribbles and protest the Romulan Invasion to come(mainly cuz not everyone can preview, just a chosen few). DnD fanatics want some Gnomes STAT! and while you are at it, give us some zoom.
    The Sons of Gygax also DEMAND that there will be placed a memorial somewhere in the city for our lord and master Gary Gygax commemorating his passing and his glorious contribution. Perhaps tended by an elderly yet jovial man named Ed. Its the least they can do darn it! PS This is just for humor, nothing should be taken seriously, except the part about a memorial for Gary and some mention of Ed Greenwood, who created the fraking Forgotten Realms!
  • Options
    racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We the Sons of Gygax have made Neverwinter blow up along with the Sons of Roddenberry doing the same to Star Trek Online. Our reasons... Trekers want more tribbles and protest the Romulan Invasion to come(mainly cuz not everyone can preview, just a chosen few). DnD fanatics want some Gnomes STAT! and while you are at it, give us some zoom.
    The Sons of Gygax also DEMAND that there will be placed a memorial somewhere in the city for our lord and master Gary Gygax commemorating his passing and his glorious contribution. Perhaps tended by an elderly yet jovial man named Ed. Its the least they can do darn it! PS This is just for humor, nothing should be taken seriously, except the part about a memorial for Gary and some mention of Ed Greenwood, who created the fraking Forgotten Realms!
  • Options
    tomreadortomreador Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, though. This isn't holding true. I do have the green dot but it dies once it gets in-game to connect to the server. Something died. Hard.

No one dies harder than John McClane..
  • Options
    daveybudderdaveybudder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    racerexia wrote: »

This is the best thing ive ever read on any beta thread forum ever, i needed a good laugh lol. Live long and prosper racerexia.
  • Options
    cambermecamberme Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just put my kids down to bed I am able to play now, it would be the best time to fix the log in servers k thanks.
  • Options
    waylander007waylander007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    camberme wrote: »
    I just put my kids down to bed I am able to play now, it would be the best time to fix the log in servers k thanks.

I too would like the log in servers fixed.....

If its not the autopatch failing its the log in failing..

sigh....
  • Options
    bellicose67bellicose67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Svirfneblum... or better yet, I want playable lizardmen. Or servers up. I'd settle for that.
  • Options
    crystylcrystyl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sitting in front of the computer. Waiting patiently. *sniff*:(
    "pay to WIN"? Ok you win! now go away and let the rest of us "Play in Peace" without your whining!
  • Options
    stalogstalog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still having the issue with even being able to select a server after logging in, because it runs through the checks and regardless of being down for maintenance, or not disconnects me almost instantly. And from what I hear other people are having this issue, and yes I've even reset my password. TWICE. If anyone knows how to get around this please tell me.
  • Options
    roadkillpancakeroadkillpancake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Queue No: 71454 ... is starting to look good to me now. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    striatedmonkstriatedmonk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    racerexia wrote: »

Great post.
  • Options
    clidal2002clidal2002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

this isn't beta....the beta is done...cryptic is calling this open beta but in reality the game has launched...an example beta; characters wiped and everyone starts from scratch.....neverwinter's "open beta" you keep all characters; your astral gems and zen are "NOT" refunded, which they were in closed beta = game launch. Cryptic is just calling it open beta in case theres some serious flaws; cough cough "login" So that they can fix everthing then when things are fixed, they'll set a date to announce that it's no longer open beta and that the game has launced.....the diference between beta and game launch is normally a select"few thousand" players get to test a game with frequent an long spaces inbetween beta testers being able to play so the devs can fix an implement things; open beta = more, but once again "limited" groups of players who can play all the time up until launch to test server stress and final tweaks so that when all characters are wiped everything starts at a level playing field. Neverwinter's "open beta" theres no character wipe and anyone and everyone gets to play, oh and no refund of pre-game beta spending of astral diamonds and zen. and actually no change of any kind except that they've fixed some serious flaws :rolleyes:
  • Options
    gregordarkthanegregordarkthane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Roflmao. Just reading these comments is entertaining enough. I do want to get in and play but until that happens keep the funny comin'!
  • Options
    gregordarkthanegregordarkthane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clidal2002 wrote: »
    this isn't beta....the beta is done...cryptic is calling this open beta but in reality the game has launched...example- beta; characters wiped and everyone starts from scratch.....neverwinter"open beta" you keep all characters; your astral gems and zen are "NOT" refunded, which they were in closed beta = game launch. cryptic is just calling it open beta in case theres some serious flaws; cough cough "login" so that they can fix everthing then when things are fixed, they'll set a date to announce that it's no longer open beta and that the game has launced.....the difference between beta and game launch beat a select"few thousand" players get to test game; open beta = more, but once again "limited" groups of players can play all the time up until launch when all characters are wiped and everything starts at a level playing field. Neverwinter "open beta" no character wipe and anyone and everyone gets to play.:rolleyes:

The thing that upsets me most is that you are allowed to breathe the same air as me. It is an open beta. That means they're ironing out difficulties...this seems to be one of those. That's why they call it an open "beta". Still fixin' stuff. Honestly...don't breed.
  • Options
    wrayyth777wrayyth777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oddly enough, I am glad of the respite. I've been on this game way to much over the last three days.... I'd have never thought anything that is like 4.0 D&D could be so **** addicting.
This discussion has been closed.