Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance 5-2-13 6AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cristari wrote: »
    Seriously dude you are starting an argument with me over time zones?

It's simple there is a time slot where the EU is just waking up and the US is just going to bed that could be used for maintenance. There is a good 8 or 9 hrs of time zone that is spanned all at the one time where there isn't a hell of a lot of people online. It's not used because then the US employees of this US company might need to be paid a little extra to do so. Therefore they would rather do it when they get into the office first thing in the morning and because of that there are always a lot of angry EU players being kicked out of game for 2hrs.

Now I did not say that I was annoyed by this in any way, all I have stated is that PWE are too **** cheep to do anything about making the greater amount of their customers happy rather than p'ing off half of them instead!

The sense of Entitlement is strong in this one.
  • Options
    ramondieguesramondiegues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shultzilla wrote: »
    Because in terms of Networking, we rarely get to set our budget for networking equipment. More than likely, they were waiting to see what the numbers were going to be on the first day and upgrade accordingly, with future growth in mind, than waste money on an upgrade that isn't needed.
    that's y they had the "Stress test" so they can get near of their max capacity of th currently equipment or to actual test if the equip will work or not.

You're sayin me that if blizzard decides to make another wow (from the start, not like cataclysm) they'll just add 3 servers in the opb?
  • Options
    mavidianmavidian Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look it could be worse. We could be dodging bullets and bombs over in Syria right now. I bet any of those guys would give anything to sit around, browse the internet, and wait for a great game to come back online.

BTW I had a dream last night that D&D and Mech Warrior became a mmo. It was glorious.
  • Options
    drakkari1drakkari1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    d0bsi wrote: »
    6ma2x2m2wwxwmwsssssdDW

I totaly agree.
  • Options
    mistersaltymistersalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    All you EU people need to stop crying. The world doesnt revolve around you. Get over it.
  • Options
    neznanec23neznanec23 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cristari wrote: »
    Seriously dude you are starting an argument with me over time zones?

It's simple there is a time slot where the EU is just waking up and the US is just going to bed that could be used for maintenance. There is a good 8 or 9 hrs of time zone that is spanned all at the one time where there isn't a hell of a lot of people online. It's not used because then the US employees of this US company might need to be paid a little extra to do so. Therefore they would rather do it when they get into the office first thing in the morning and because of that there are always a lot of angry EU players being kicked out of game for 2hrs.

Now I did not say that I was annoyed by this in any way, all I have stated is that PWE are too **** cheep to do anything about making the greater amount of their customers happy rather than p'ing off half of them instead!

u mad?

/10char
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dmolisher1 wrote: »
    I know you are US based ...
    And us fans got weapons and stuff.

What? What is he talkin about?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    that's y they had the "Stress test" so they can get near of their max capacity of th currently equipment or to actual test if the equip will work or not.

You're sayin me that if blizzard decides to make another wow (from the start, not like cataclysm) they'll just add 3 servers in the opb?

Last time I checked this isn't Blizzard or WoW... So what's your point?
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the regular status updates & good communication. A good sign and rarity in most MMORPG's, I'd say.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    juzzzzzzjuzzzzzz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dmolisher1 wrote: »
    I know you are US based ...
    And us fans got weapons and stuff.

But PLZ pLZ conmsidder doing server stuff on various times.

It so sux being eu player IN ANY US BASED GAME.
    Because we always get servers down in our main time.

Rant done ....
    EU prime time is just about to begin. It was closer to russian prime than EU prime. Even eastern europe is like 6pm at the moment so..

Also they probably do maintenance at time when it makes sense for them. 6am is actually pretty early for them to do job like that. You want to pay extra salary for night shift for them to do server maintenance over night?
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Update 1: We've brought down the shards for maintenance. Scheduled maintenance time is 2 hours. Thank you!
    Update 2: Maintenance is ongoing and we'll have an update on progress soon.
    Update 3: Scheduled maintenance is nearing completion. Thanks for your patience!
    Update 4: (8:00AM) Estimated time for shards to go back up is 15 minutes!

still doin pretty good then keep up the good work.
    Far better than another certain PWE game i play....
    21.jpg
  • Options
    cedricfontelroycedricfontelroy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    d3per93 wrote: »
    Which country are you from and I'll use the Time Zone Converter?

For London I think it's around 4:00 pm. (I don't know if this time is correct... but if it isn't then correct it for me.)
    twas a jest, but if it were a serious question where I'm from would not effect the answer as GMT is GMT whether I'm in Scotland (which I am), Sierra Leon, or on the moon.
  • Options
    samus1001samus1001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    holt3 wrote: »

I think he was making a joke about US citizens having real guns and most of the EU doesn't so the dev's fear us.
    I took it that way and LOL'ed
  • Options
    endersxetendersxet Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    holt3 wrote: »

Perhaps he's upset that he didn't pay for any of the founder packs that came with a starter weapon. I'd say that is his own fault though.
  • Options
    crystalheartcrystalheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    thks to all whos working hard on maint :) :cool:
  • Options
    turugalexeturugalexe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well technically the moon would have a different GMT
  • Options
    taishaku77taishaku77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sominator,
    just a few words to let you guys know how much i appreciate the many updates we get on how maintenance is going and what you are doing in general.
  • Options
    morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bigbigtrek wrote: »
    Most of the players come from the US.

Sorry but you are terribly wrong... Most of'em come from the EU...

To everyone else who's complaining about the timeframe of the maintenance(s), deal with it... Whining like a child gets you nowhere...
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • Options
    jiggsawsjiggsaws Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kudos to PW for the updates on Maintenance progress, this is really something ive never seen to that extend before !

Im from the EU, and im happy this patch at this time, they could have started patching in an hour or two, now THATS primetime, so stop complaning ;)
    Jigsaw North - Great Weapon Fighter of the Northlanders !
  • Options
    ikabikabegoikabikabego Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pyrph0r0s wrote: »
    Good to see another fix but seriously think of EU a bit and try to find a non prime time hour to do the maintenances :)

Totally true! Many players ( i think more than 50% ) are from EU and some attention from you guys wouldnt be bad ...
  • Options
    riepahriepah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All you EU people need to stop crying. The world doesnt revolve around you. Get over it.

Just letting you know that I think you're a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    bleujambleujam Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for keeping us up to date on the timing!
    Bluejam
    SOTSOG

'Standing on the Shoulders of Giants' Gaming Group
    Forum includes Kaizers Famous Music Thread

www.sotsog.org
  • Options
    fishboy1111fishboy1111 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    turugalexe wrote: »

not really, since greenwich is still on earth
  • Options
    lilcindylouwholilcindylouwho Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    launcher is crashing when i try to get to login screen...halp!
  • Options
    zurnalistazurnalista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    always will be someone who will cry becouse maintance no mather where eu us china.im in poland eu and no complaining couse my prime time is playing in deep night time in poland so this maintance time is ok for me.
    in poland it is 17:09 pm right now
  • Options
    turugalexeturugalexe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah but GMT is a zone reference not a country reference, and the zone pertaining to GMT on the moon is different
  • Options
    morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its moot, not mute, not trying to be a jerk, just letting you know.

No, you're just trying to look cool playing grammarpolice. ;)
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    juzzzzzz wrote: »
    EU prime time is just about to begin. It was closer to russian prime than EU prime. Even eastern europe is like 6pm at the moment so..

Also they probably do maintenance at time when it makes sense for them. 6am is actually pretty early for them to do job like that. You want to pay extra salary for night shift for them to do server maintenance over night?

Yes once or maybe twice a year to keep player base from other regions happy.
    Now that would be great ...

Do i think it would ever happen . nope.
    But i wanted to went some frustration off only playing 2 h this week so far.
    That isnt hmm fun.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • Options
    deepblue5deepblue5 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    turugalexe wrote: »

Well, technically, the moon wouldn't have a GMT at all ;)
  • Options
    crystalheartcrystalheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    :Di read the forums ect do housework ect while maint is going on ....must say some posts are very interesting thx to all :cool: