Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance 5-2-13 6AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    delornedelorne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    calorien wrote: »
    Most likely there will be frequent maintenances while it's still in open beta, then go to a weekly maintenance schedule when they have the majority of the major bugs ironed out.

Exactly, that's the idea of a beta, to find the problems and fix them as fast as possible. Better to be down a couple hours daily at the start, than to be unplayable the whole day.
  • Options
    electroflux45electroflux45 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So when is the server coming back EST time?

11am?
  • Options
    uniqueviluniquevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    anyone having issue logging in now?
    play awhile back no isssue
    but now just connecting to server login
    then time out back to login page
  • Options
    vanturivanturi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xhatch wrote: »
    Exactly. It's players like vanturi that help make excuses for a lower quality of service that should be standard for this type of multi-regional game. It's nothing to do with being able to do a "little math" or being able to google it yourself or use a 3rd party program to do it. It should be provided by the devs since the game is played in multiple time zones & this IS the post about the times for the maintenance & all relevant information about it should be posted in this thread.

So by your logic, they should post the time for each and every time zone?
    If I couldn't add 3 to the times they provide then I'd have no clue what time maintenance is going on. I'd probably then complain about their low quality service and whine about it on the forums.
    -Vanturi
    shiftnativeshiftnative Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually get super excited when there is maintenance because I look forward to the patch notes

*refreshes patch notes forums anxiously*

Maintenance means things are happening and that is ALWAYS good!

p.s - I really want to play as a druid! <3
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    or did they start maintenance earlier?
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure what all the complaining is about UTC, Cryptic, in EVERY game (STO, CO, NW, etc) has always posted the times in Pacific time (local time for them) and UTC. They might not type it in the forum, but it's in the launcher. For example, today it says "... 6-8 AM PST (1300-1500 UTC).
  • Options
    shaktimaiashaktimaia Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    6am Pacific = 3pm EU (9hrs ahead of Pacific Time). Greetings from the West Coast of USA! :)

EDIT: Oops.. already been said!

Here's a World Clock I use to see what time it is for my family in Australia: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Hope it helps! Have fun! :)
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uniquevil wrote: »
    anyone having issue logging in now?
    play awhile back no isssue
    but now just connecting to server login
    then time out back to login page

Its down for maintenance. what is wrong with you?

You are posting this in the thread about the servers being down. Are you drunk?
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arbaldarbald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too bad we non US players always suffer during primetime :) ohh well game is good enough to overlook the maintenence times.
  • Options
    xsantoxsanto Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xsanto wrote: »
    agreed. Every time you post this up, I'm like 'errrr....ok...um.... let's google this time thingy' xD

actually, just found this. guess it's sort of helpful in this matter :p
    http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/
  • Options
    topcattixtopcattix Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Last time i checked EU had a lot more people living there then US, yet still the maintenance is at EU _PRIME TIME_? are you serious? lol...
  • Options
    inkedbearinkedbear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    pyrph0r0s wrote: »
    Good to see another fix but seriously think of EU a bit and try to find a non prime time hour to do the maintenances :)

3pm - 5pm GMT+1 is EU Prime Time? Since when? Maybe if you are unemployed or skipping school :p
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kaskian wrote: »
    Its down for maintenance. what is wrong with you?

You are posting this in the thread about the servers being down. Are you drunk?

i used the convertor on 6am pst to gmt was said to be 3 hr later 12 midnite
    hence checking
    thus im asking and not ranting no need to be hostile
    pls look at how i phase my question its a question
    pls be nice and mind your words
    mod pls take note
  • Options
    kelgramkelgram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    synsterv wrote: »
    I love it when some ignorant person takes one persons opinion and equates it to an entire countries opinion, and that is why you sir are ignorant. I will do the UK just and not paint the whole country with that brush.

I'm Swedish. ;)

My point wasn't that the US is a ****hole - in fact, I love the US. 'Twas but a casual observation of how the "aw yeah we're the greatest"-attitude that pervades your country is a sign of tremendous ignorance. So there. No harm meant, other than to the first guy. Ta-ta!

Also, fellow Europeans: 15 - 17 is not primetime. Get a job.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    laere89 wrote: »
    It happens with almost every MMO release. They tend to have multiple patches for ironing out bug fixes, then they go to a more weekly fix. This must be your first MMO.

Hehehehe...YEAH...MY FIRST MMO^^ Cool. I'll roll with that ^__^ So don't forget to help a "****" Out when u see me ingame? "Free stuffz plox!"
    BUT I give it to you brah.....I got DISGUSTED with PWI and left the mmorpg scene for awhile. Although honestly...The other Open betas i been playing had weekly maintenance...and only had daily if something BROKE. As in server crashed or something. Perhaps this new way is the better way to go...I dunno....We'll see:)

I Really hope this aint another PWE Greed game....I Really like this one And i haven't liked one in a LOOOOONNNG time:(

LOL! IF only u knew the 5 digit numbers i dropped on PWI......

Lets see if this one follows the old pwe tradition. First 3 months. "we are trying to make this not p2w"

6 Months onwards "New and JUST FOR YOU! The ENDGAMEGEARATTHETIME PACKS! Get em while they're hot! And u have a chance to to get end game gear! All u have to do is buy 10000 packs at 1$ each and u are GUARANTEED to get everything u need to OWN EVERYONE!"

9 Months onwards "New AGAIN! The NEW endgamegearnow packs! I Know u dropped 10K Earlier, BUT we want you to drop MORE as we will keep selling you the endgame stuff EVERY 3 MONTHS! BUY NOW!"

Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope it doesn't go down like that again...-___-
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    uniquevil wrote: »
    i used the convertor on 6am pst to gmt was said to be 3 hr later 12 midnite
    hence checking
    thus im asking and not ranting no need to be hostile
    pls look at how i phase my question its a question
    pls be nice and mind your words
    mod pls take note

GMT/UTC is 7 hours ahead and CET is 9 hours ahead of PDT (server time)
  • Options
    gremmoregremmore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aye...15-17 is still working time or do your d@mn homework time!! ;)...

But 1st of may was a day off for many within europe, that they could have taken into account a bit i think.

Rest to say i think we should ALL!!! be happy that they are so fast in fixing things for US the players.... think of that before you complain.
  • Options
    arbaldarbald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kelgram wrote: »
    I'm Swedish. ;)

My point wasn't that the US is a ****hole - in fact, I love the US. 'Twas but a casual observation of how the "aw yeah we're the greatest"-attitude that pervades your country is a sign of tremendous ignorance. So there. No harm meant, other than to the first guy. Ta-ta!

Also, fellow Europeans: 15 - 17 is not primetime. Get a job.

Primetime for me hehe :) start work at 05:30am get off around 14:00 :)
  • Options
    bonifidehustlabonifidehustla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all the non North Americans. I can see why they dont do stuff to your time probably because they are located in California.
  • Options
    kryador1kryador1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It amazes me with all the EU complaints about the time that they are doing maintenance. If you want to play a game that does maintenance that is convenient to you, have someone in your country make it. just don't see why the people in California have stay up half the night just to make you happy.
  • Options
    roennevnorroennevnor Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will the servers be up in EU again ? I keep getting Connection to login server timed out now....
  • Options
    codkrugerkcodkrugerk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I have to say to that is "yoink, not yet stupid" - Tomi Undergallows (NWN)
    I just had to :P

I feel really stupid.... Kept clicking the wrong button....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    For all the non North Americans. I can see why they dont do stuff to your time probably because they are located in California.

What? you mean they shouldn't call people in at 2 AM and pay them overtime and not let them have an actual life just so a lot of people (founders pack buyers excepted) can play for free? How DARE they try having normal working hours!! (/end sarcasm).

Seriously though, PWE has been doing a great job staying on top of problems and fixing them fast. There's games that have been out for ages, and they still haven't fixed some of the known issues.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    roennevnor wrote: »
    When will the servers be up in EU again ? I keep getting Connection to login server timed out now....

IN about an hour and 15 min from the time you posted.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    apparently I clicked the wrong button :P meant to be a reply to someone

I am so not used to forums... Don't really post anything :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    delorne wrote: »
    IN about an hour and 15 min from the time you posted.

Thanks :P As a norwegian I have no clue about this Pacific time etc and AM PM lol :P So will be done about 17:00 Norwegian time ;) Wich is awesome, gives me time to go to the store and stack up on those gaming essentials ;)
  • Options
    nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kryador1 wrote: »
    It amazes me with all the EU complaints about the time that they are doing maintenance. If you want to play a game that does maintenance that is convenient to you, have someone in your country make it. just don't see why the people in California have stay up half the night just to make you happy.
    Think about it if you play a game that does a maintaince when you are home or just came back from work or on your work off day. Will you be satisfied to stay up all night to play or play during the day and the maintainces go in the morning or late evening? I personally stay up all night cause during the day are eighter maintaince or work-related issues.

PS: keep up the great work guys, ty for the fast responce on the queue system yesterday :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kyileen wrote: »
    Please tell me that it will fix the rubberbanding! Even when few are about on the early morning, I get yoinked back to the starting spot.

All I can think of with this said is "Yoink, not yet stupid" - Tomi Undergallows (NWN)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nightfer01 wrote: »
    Think about it if you play a game that does a maintaince when you are home or just came back from work or on your work off day. Will you be satisfied to stay up all night to play or play during the day and the maintainces go in the morning or late evening? I personally stay up all night cause during the day are eighter maintaince or work-related issues.

PS: keep up the great work guys, ty for the fast responce on the queue system yesterday :)

NN to complain about maintaince, hehe. If the game is gonna be down for 2 hours, then go outside for those 2 hours, go to the store, visit parents etc. And the time will fly by ;)