test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance 5-2-13 6AM PDT

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all,

We'll be performing a scheduled maintenance tomorrow (Thursday), 5/2, at 6AM Pacific. The maintenance is scheduled to last two hours.

Please look here for patch notes, which will be up soon.

Thanks!

Update 1: We've brought down the shards for maintenance. Scheduled maintenance time is 2 hours. Thank you!
Update 2: Maintenance is ongoing and we'll have an update on progress soon.
Update 3: Scheduled maintenance is nearing completion. Thanks for your patience!
Update 4: (8:00AM) Estimated time for shards to go back up is 15 minutes!
Update 5: Scheduled maintenance is complete. Servers are up! Thanks for waiting, and welcome back to Neverwinter!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    pyrph0r0spyrph0r0s Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good to see another fix but seriously think of EU a bit and try to find a non prime time hour to do the maintenances :)
  • Options
    dementia2009dementia2009 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol, right, It's always a bad time for someone, and this isn't a EU hosted game. Sooooooo ya.
  • Options
    treetertreeter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edit sry :x
  • Options
    mmowarriormmowarrior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please... please... please... fix the issue people are having with the enclave zone not loading properly causing folks to not be able to play past the starter zone.. I've seen several threads on this in the tech/bug area but no help to fix it...
  • Options
    kyileenkyileen Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please tell me that it will fix the rubberbanding! Even when few are about on the early morning, I get yoinked back to the starting spot.
  • Options
    lexievlexiev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whats with the thing when i try to log in it says i have not used the right username or password.
  • Options
    stalogstalog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My issue is the inability to log in, select a server and make a character.
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a player from the EU, could the PW devs/mods please post the GMT/BST times aswell when you make all these time related posts? It would really make things alot clearer & mean I along with others don't have to google the Pacific time to try and work out when it corresponds to GMT.

Thanks! ;)
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    lexievlexiev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What he said^
  • Options
    stjobestjobe Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xhatch wrote: »
    As a player from the EU, could the PW devs/mods please post the GMT/BST times aswell when you make all these time related posts? It would really make things alot clearer & mean I along with others don't have to google the Pacific time to try and work out when it corresponds to GMT.

Thanks! ;)
    Not that I don't think the devs should take the minute to do this, but there are a number of web tools you can use yourself; e.g. http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pst-to-gmt-converter

Of course, if a dev or mod did it in the OP, thousands of non-US players wouldn't have to...
    edited May 2013
    lol, right, It's always a bad time for someone, and this isn't a EU hosted game. Sooooooo ya.

[removed by stoermc]
  • Options
    vanturivanturi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Pacfic time is 9 hours behind CET. It really isn't that hard to do a little math is it?
    -Vanturi
    eld33eld33 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vanturi wrote: »
    Pacfic time is 9 hours behind CET. It really isn't that hard to do a little math is it?
    Nope, it's not that hard at all. Kinda makes you wonder why the OP didn't do it in the first place, huh? ;)
  • Options
    ascher11tascher11t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013

Nor is it US hosted game.
  • Options
    scandinavicascandinavica Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    or if you are relly lazy just add another Clock in windows and set it to Game server time and name it "Neverwinter".
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eld33 wrote: »
    Nope, it's not that hard at all. Kinda makes you wonder why the OP didn't do it in the first place, huh? ;)

Exactly. It's players like vanturi that help make excuses for a lower quality of service that should be standard for this type of multi-regional game. It's nothing to do with being able to do a "little math" or being able to google it yourself or use a 3rd party program to do it. It should be provided by the devs since the game is played in multiple time zones & this IS the post about the times for the maintenance & all relevant information about it should be posted in this thread.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    jgfujgfu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who cares about the time lets just hope they fix things and update stuff. Example; The LONG wait times on dungeons. I waited almost 2 hours just to get into one dungeon -_- has to be a better way. Please don't tell me get a guild not all of us are lucky as you and Zone is just a joke with the spamming.

I live in EU right now and ya it sucks almost right in the middle of the day or well be. I'm just going to have to deal with like the other things, IP, etc etc. Lets all put are hands together and pray for them to actually do something worth while this time
  • Options
    chrysooochrysooo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    pyrph0r0s wrote: »
    Good to see another fix but seriously think of EU a bit and try to find a non prime time hour to do the maintenances :)

if you consider 15:00 cest(+-1h for 80% of europe) to be prime time you must still be going to school or working on unusual hours
  • Options
    pastuhltpastuhlt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dak **** is this ****. 2nd day i come from job and i cant play this game.
    Stop doin maintenance when everyone in Europe just comes home to sit near pc and play some games!
  • Options
    synstervsynsterv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kelgram wrote: »
    And this is why the United States of 'Murrica is the most hated nation in the world.
    I love it when some ignorant person takes one persons opinion and equates it to an entire countries opinion, and that is why you sir are ignorant. I will do the UK just and not paint the whole country with that brush.
  • Options
    delornedelorne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No matter what time maintenance is done, or what time zone is listed, someone will always be inconvenienced.

PWE is based in California, and they do non-emergency maintenance during normal working hours. Also, most games that I play seem to have server time shown and not 24 different times to accomodate everyone. Even if they posted in GMT, there's still people who'd complain.

And for those who haven't noticed it lists UTC/GMT in the launcher.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not fussing about the times of maintenance...Just the frequency. I been playing this game for 2 days now and there's been 2 maintenance.

Am i to understand that there will be a maintenance EVERY DAY? Or what? Just seeking some clarification here.
    Thanks.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    rokodssrokodss Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and again worst timing ever....
  • Options
    xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kelgram wrote: »
    And this is why the United States of 'Murrica is the most hated nation in the world.

Yep, most hated nation, until someone needs something.
    Then all of a sudden everyone knows the Pledge of Allegiance, funny how that works.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • Options
    caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    Not fussing about the times of maintenance...Just the frequency. I been playing this game for 2 days now and there's been 2 maintenance.

Am i to understand that there will be a maintenance EVERY DAY? Or what? Just seeking some clarification here.
    Thanks.

Most likely there will be frequent maintenances while it's still in open beta, then go to a weekly maintenance schedule when they have the majority of the major bugs ironed out.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    calorien wrote: »
    Most likely there will be frequent maintenances while it's still in open beta, then go to a weekly maintenance schedule when they have the majority of the major bugs ironed out.

Hmmmmm....I can see how this would be very irritating to alot of ppl....Myself included.

Thanks for the reply anyways bro. Peace.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    xsantoxsanto Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thanks! ;)

agreed. Every time you post this up, I'm like 'errrr....ok...um.... let's google this time thingy' xD
  • Options
    justawitnessjustawitness Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Love all these maintenances, even love them more seeing as they have actual patch notes and make it seem like things are actually getting done

Face piles of trials with smiles.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uggh i was gearing up to do some foundry work oh well another time
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    laere89laere89 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    Hmmmmm....I can see how this would be very irritating to alot of ppl....Myself included.

Thanks for the reply anyways bro. Peace.

It happens with almost every MMO release. They tend to have multiple patches for ironing out bug fixes, then they go to a more weekly fix. This must be your first MMO.