Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance 5-2-13 6AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    cristaricristari Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    samus1001 wrote: »
    So what your saying is it's inconvenient for you therefore it's inconvenient for the entire EU? Most of the EU players will get off work AFTER the servers come back up. The Dev's picked the best time. Most early morning US players have left for work and most evening EU players are not home yet.

Seriously dude you are starting an argument with me over time zones?

It's simple there is a time slot where the EU is just waking up and the US is just going to bed that could be used for maintenance. There is a good 8 or 9 hrs of time zone that is spanned all at the one time where there isn't a hell of a lot of people online. It's not used because then the US employees of this US company might need to be paid a little extra to do so. Therefore they would rather do it when they get into the office first thing in the morning and because of that there are always a lot of angry EU players being kicked out of game for 2hrs.

Now I did not say that I was annoyed by this in any way, all I have stated is that PWE are too **** cheep to do anything about making the greater amount of their customers happy rather than p'ing off half of them instead!
  • Options
    nuitaransnuitarans Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    So when is the server coming back EST time?

11am?

You're joking, right? First of all, we aren't in EST right now, we're in EDT. Second, if you really don't know the time zones of your own country that's a problem.
  • Options
    galkingalkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Played all the beta's and still love it.

Love the quick maintenance you guys are carrying out!
    (even if I can't play for a couple of hours, I'd rather have these issues sorted now!)

Love the whole gateway system 2, (i can craft at work!).
    Will the gateway in future let us change our armor etc and craft the runes?

Will the pets become a bit more responsive as they are a bit slow to attack at the minute?
    (As opposed to the man at arms for example who jumps right in.)

Anyway great job so far, Thanks!
  • Options
    shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I wonder whats the reason to make an so small and restricted closed beta to ALWAYS give people the worst opb impression.

I mean, wth? the D&D base its huge, even an clown could guess that 3 servers would not take all the load. They had the cb numbers and problably the open beta would raise. 2 days cb test? Rather had @ least one week straight of stress test during closed beta and an smooth opb launch than this.

Because in terms of Networking, we rarely get to set our budget for networking equipment. More than likely, they were waiting to see what the numbers were going to be on the first day and upgrade accordingly, with future growth in mind, than waste money on an upgrade that isn't needed.
  • Options
    purlepenpurlepen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    freemind25 wrote: »
    And they take the money.

Its F2P, No one is making you play
  • Options
    professorzprofessorz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xhatch wrote: »
    As a player from the EU, could the PW devs/mods please post the GMT/BST times aswell when you make all these time related posts? It would really make things alot clearer & mean I along with others don't have to google the Pacific time to try and work out when it corresponds to GMT.

Thanks! ;)

took you longer to post this then google the time zone... *shrugs*
  • Options
    axelzzoseaxelzzose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't care if they make daily maintenance, especially if they keep us informed of progress permanently. Good work.
  • Options
    tiryxtiryx Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These threads should be locked so all these yahoos can't spam it up with inconvenience complaints :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ramondieguesramondiegues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adania666 wrote: »
    Its a privilege they are giving you, to be able to play in OB at all. You take the Maints, and the bugs, for the possibility to play.

Bugs? I mean, ingame bug its when i get stucked in some stone, or when some skill is op and its not as it should be, or when i find some exploit. Not being able to login and wait 40min in a 12k queue it's not bug, that demand/suply.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cristari wrote: »

It's simple there is a time slot where the EU is just waking up and the US is just going to bed that could be used for maintenance. There is a good 8 or 9 hrs of time zone that is spanned all at the one time where there isn't a hell of a lot of people online. It's not used because then the US employees of this US company might need to be paid a little extra to do so. Therefore they would rather do it when they get into the office first thing in the morning and because of that there are always a lot of angry EU players being kicked out of game for 2hrs.

Now I did not say that I was annoyed by this in any way, all I have stated is that PWE are too **** cheep to do anything about making the greater amount of their customers happy rather than p'ing off half of them instead!

So to make EU and the US happy (at least the ones that live a "normal" schedule), you think they should bring people in overnight (US) to do these patches at say 8am GMT and just make all of AUS mad instead?
  • Options
    nldravennldraven Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Woop woop, almost done.
  • Options
    antonislakantonislak Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eu gets screwed all the time lets be honest with this
  • Options
    exowowexowow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    <3 a timer would be awesome, in the web page or in the client, so u can see ur time and the game server time
  • Options
    antonislakantonislak Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    purlepen wrote: »
    Its F2P, No one is making you play

and no it's not.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited May 2013
    I love the updates during maintenance. Also did you notice that they have always met their set time in the last days. That's great compared to other mmos.
  • Options
    tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xxviimb wrote: »
    You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    be respectful, everything does not depend on money. remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones.

Winner!!!
    Best response I've seen.
    Retired, old, and waiting with everyone else. ;)
  • Options
    delornedelorne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adania666 wrote: »
    GMT is standard all year round. DST means you're no longer on GMT - For example in Britain you would be on BST

Yes, it's standard year round but during Daylight Savings Time it's 7 hours, and 8 in Standard Time. GMT stays the same. the other time zones all change. Just like now right now, Britain is GMT +1 and come October or so it'll be on GMT
  • Options
    turugalexeturugalexe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    servers will be up at 10AM CST it looks like according to their facebook!!

edit.....10:15CST according to facebook now
  • Options
    smcdonald123smcdonald123 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm really enjoying this whole experience of this game. From the updates to server downtime to the in game content. Excellent work!
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xhatch wrote: »
    As a player from the EU, could the PW devs/mods please post the GMT/BST times aswell when you make all these time related posts? It would really make things alot clearer & mean I along with others don't have to google the Pacific time to try and work out when it corresponds to GMT.

Thanks! ;)

Pacific time is 8 hours behind GMT. All you need to know is how many hours it is from your time zone... Like as of right now, I know that it's 4PM in London, because I know London is 6 hours ahead of Houston. Very simple really... And Comifornia is 2 hours behind Houston, so it's almost 8am there. See, it's fun, we can make a game out of it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    antonislak wrote: »
    and no it's not.

Really? Because I haven't paid a penny. Are you on the wrong forums?
  • Options
    samus1001samus1001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cristari wrote: »

Oh yeah its all about how cheap PWE is. It has nothing to do with the fact that the people that would have to stay up most of the night to please you have been busting their butts for weeks getting the open beta ready. Or that they worked fast and hard most of the last two days fixing the login issues. They deserved a good nights sleep. They got it. You have to wait till the EU prime time starts to play. boo freakin hoo.
  • Options
    cptcheese255cptcheese255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pyrph0r0s wrote: »
    Good to see another fix but seriously think of EU a bit and try to find a non prime time hour to do the maintenances :)

This... Haven't been able to play much so faar since the servers are always down.
  • Options
    drakkari1drakkari1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update 3: Scheduled maintenance is nearing completion. Thanks for your patience!

yay, 3 minutes? :)
  • Options
    morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bugs? I mean, ingame bug its when i get stucked in some stone, or when some skill is op and its not as it should be, or when i find some exploit. Not being able to login and wait 40min in a 12k queue it's not bug, that demand/suply.

Your point is still moot. It's still a beta, even if it's an open beta.
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hi all,

We'll be performing a scheduled maintenance tomorrow (Thursday), 5/2, at 6AM Pacific. The maintenance is scheduled to last two hours.

Please look here for patch notes, which will be up soon.

Thanks!

Update 1: We've brought down the shards for maintenance. Scheduled maintenance time is 2 hours. Thank you!
    Update 2: Maintenance is ongoing and we'll have an update on progress soon.
    Update 3: Scheduled maintenance is nearing completion. Thanks for your patience!

I know you are US based ...
    And us fans got weapons and stuff.

But PLZ pLZ conmsidder doing server stuff on various times.

It so sux being eu player IN ANY US BASED GAME.
    Because we always get servers down in our main time.

Rant done ....
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    morinox wrote: »
    Your point is still mute. It's still a beta, even if it's an open beta.

Moot. The word is moot.
  • Options
    d0bsid0bsi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    6ma2x2m2wwxwmwsssssdDW
  • Options
    stevenlmorganstevenlmorgan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tantho wrote: »
    Winner!!!
    Best response I've seen.
    Retired, old, and waiting with everyone else. ;)

Ditto ^^^
    Thanks for all the updates. you guys and gals are great.
  • Options
    fishboy1111fishboy1111 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morinox wrote: »
    Your point is still mute. It's still a beta, even if it's an open beta.

Its moot, not mute, not trying to be a jerk, just letting you know.