Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance 5-2-13 6AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    am0nr3xam0nr3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    roennevnor wrote: »
    Thanks :P As a norwegian I have no clue about this Pacific time etc and AM PM lol :P So will be done about 17:00 Norwegian time ;) Wich is awesome, gives me time to go to the store and stack up on those gaming essentials ;)

PST(GMT-8)/PDT(GMT-7) is the west coast. If you want to get around "is it daylight savings time?" type Googling "Time in San Francisco." Then you know exactly what time it is on the west coast.
  • Options
    mygplayermygplayer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Staff have a HUGE doubts, how do I Dungeons? I'm LVL 17 <

* 1 is to be leveling for Arena <pvp <Bg> and earn good items? because I hate to keep picking quest and keep doing.

Another Doubt won 2nd Honor points where I can get the items?
  • Options
    sordacsordac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kryador1 wrote: »
    It amazes me with all the EU complaints about the time that they are doing maintenance. If you want to play a game that does maintenance that is convenient to you, have someone in your country make it. just don't see why the people in California have stay up half the night just to make you happy.

you can't see why they should pick a better time to make us from EU happy?..
    hmm maybe they just don't want money from the EU well thats ok
  • Options
    amoramuneamoramune Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sordac wrote: »

Enough crying about time zones. I'm suffering from it too and i live in the US. They are based in cali along with almost all the other US companies. You should seriously be used to this by now.
  • Options
    shiftnativeshiftnative Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    News flash, no matter when maintenance is - a region of the world will draw the short straw.

Maintenance is wonderful, I'm in the US and i'm here waiting too - big deal!
  • Options
    xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    be respectful, everything does not depend on money. remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • Options
    gosseyn2gosseyn2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For google Chrome users : If you want PST timezone on screen, here's a little app.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pst-timezone/peignhpngnibacocbblfmeecfcmecpdh?hl=fr&utm_source=chrome-ntp-launcher

It adds a PST clock on upper left side of Chrome.
  • Options
    kelgramkelgram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Look, it's pretty simple. They're located in the western United States. They're not an international company like Blizzard with people in both America and Europe. Maintenance has to take place when they've got the people to do it, which happens to be in the middle of the day for us.
  • Options
    mylaria77mylaria77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Obviously we have some new people to MMOs... Maintance for a new launch is going to happen often. Be happy it has only been 2 times.. I remember every patch from EQ and having downtime a few times a day. Thank you DEVS Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    shiftnativeshiftnative Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *twiddles thumbs as he waits for the patch-notes*
  • Options
    sordacsordac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xxviimb wrote: »
    You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!

actually that normal for me ;)
  • Options
    samus1001samus1001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    topcattix wrote: »
    Last time i checked EU had a lot more people living there then US, yet still the maintenance is at EU _PRIME TIME_? are you serious? lol...

Once again this isn't EU prime time so why are you complaining?
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vanturi wrote: »
    So by your logic, they should post the time for each and every time zone?

Yes.
    vanturi wrote: »
    If I couldn't add 3 to the times they provide then I'd have no clue what time maintenance is going on. I'd probably then complain about their low quality service and whine about it on the forums.

No, no. I can add alright. That's not the point I'm making, but I'm sure with your attitude you didn't care about that.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    chimeracomplexchimeracomplex Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    I shouldn't have read the entire thread. My forehead is sore from all the facepalming I did while reading some of most ignorant whining I've seen in a long time.
  • Options
    legia89legia89 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great that u are fixing problems, but i was wondering why im still getting disconnect every time i change zone?
  • Options
    illuslionilluslion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *twiddles thumbs as he waits for the patch-notes*

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?176121-Patch-Notes-NW-1-20130416a-14
    should be those if im correct
    sigunknown2copy-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    adania666adania666 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I shouldn't have read the entire thread. My forehead is sore from all the facepalming I did while reading some of most ignorant whining I've seen in a long time.

Couldn't have agreed with you more. It's amazing how much people want their hand held these days.
  • Options
    samus1001samus1001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gremmore wrote: »
    aye...15-17 is still working time or do your d@mn homework time!! ;)...

But 1st of may was a day off for many within europe, that they could have taken into account a bit i think.

Rest to say i think we should ALL!!! be happy that they are so fast in fixing things for US the players.... think of that before you complain.

Unfortunately they had an unforeseen issue that caused players to wait hours to log in. It had to be fixed as quickly as possible. If it had happened on the fourth of July I'm sure they still would have rushed to fix it.
  • Options
    am0nr3xam0nr3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shultzilla wrote: »
    Couldn't have agreed with you more. It's amazing how much people want their hand held these days.

I need you to hold my hand. I'm scared after reading this thread.
  • Options
    cristaricristari Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a note for all you kiddies out there arguing about time zones in forums. It is actually possible to get a script into the forum that will display time in the correct zone for you so technically it is possible to get these forums to show the correct time for everyone. PWE are just too lazy to employ it.

To all the introverted 'America is the only Country that matters' idiots, wake the hell up and sniff what you are shovelling. It does not take much to run server downtimes at a time that suits both the EU and US, yes not everyone will be happy but you can make the greater population happy. If most of your customers come from the EU and US why annoy one half of them when you can try to avoid it. Again PWE are just to **** lazy or cheep to employ the one man to come in early or stay late to flip the switch to restart the servers (yes I know it's more then one man but I am only summarising).
  • Options
    kg6jaykg6jay Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just add 8 hours to PST to get GMT, fairly simple bit of math.
  • Options
    mavidianmavidian Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why don't you Time zone freaks make like a Beatle and "Let it be" or mother mary.. or whatever
  • Options
    xenrutxenrut Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kg6jay wrote: »

Or anyone using Windows can double click their clock and add up to 2 more time zones to display. Quite useful.
  • Options
    skylarianskylarian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the game will be up?
  • Options
    drkoxdrkox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its a great game. a lot of lagging from time to time and the voice chat its not very clear but besides that its getting interesting....
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Or maybe they worked really hard the last few days and shouldn't be expected to come to work after too few hours of sleep. If this patch causes another massive issue I would like them to be well rested and thinking clearly so that they can fix it faster.

Its the 3rd day of the open beta. I have never played a beta that didn't have major issues pop up especially at the start of the beta. Get used to them doing maintenance whenever they want.
  • Options
    quannicquannic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to say that I am glad that the team is working on known issues. It makes me happy that they are actively working to improve the game and keeping us informed on progress as they do so. Would be nice if I had the chance to try the game they are working so hard on, though. Yay graveyard shift. People in EU that have complained that the last couple maintenance schedules have eaten into your prime play time, I feel your pain.
  • Options
    lunaria89lunaria89 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q.Q i want play xD
  • Options
    delornedelorne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kg6jay wrote: »

Well, actually it's 7 hours now during Daylight Saving Time.