test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

trickster rogue seems OP?

deffydeffy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvE Discussion
I am a Control wizard level 36 and so far every time i have been partied with a Rogue they come out on top with quite a bit more DPS then me. In every dungeon i have been in the top players are rogues, even if i'm a few levels higher i still cant keep up, and they don't even seem to be that squishy, they just kill everything so quick they don't take much damage.
Control Wizard = Defqon
Post edited by deffy on

Comments

• Options
    hydrahamhydraham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deffy wrote: »
    I am a Control wizard level 36 and so far every time i have been partied with a Rogue they come out on top with quite a bit more DPS then me. In every dungeon i have been in the top players are rogues, even if i'm a few levels higher i still cant keep up, and they don't even seem to be that squishy, they just kill everything so quick they don't take much damage.
    Trickster Rogues are a pure DPS class.

If they don't out DPS a control wizard they aren't a very good rogue. Your class is more of a crowd control/DPS class. They aren't OP, they are just doing their job. This isn't WOW, Rogues are proper Rogues in this game.
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats because control wizard is "control" and not DPS. You will start topping the charts with clerics later when your AEs start to come into their own. I'm sure they will come out with the other wizard striker classes, that is what you probably wanted to play.
  • Options
    candiflavorcandiflavor Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Trickster is OP :D. fast atk speed, and huge damage. on that note, cleric need a disable skill :/. get owned by trickster so easy
  • Options
    uriah65uriah65 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only people that will say Tricksters are NOT OP'd are those that play Tricksters :D
    ML_NWN_URIAH_zps9f08b61c.png
  • Options
    psyionicspsyionics Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if you do but focus on using a lot of aoe whenever there are packs around (which again means using/improving skills/feats that improve your aoe). You will never out dps a rogue on single target. Thats not called something being OP, just classes having different roles. Secondly, stop caring about your dps that much. Brainwashed by WoW i guess :). And if you can't let go, just start a rogue yourself, there.
  • Options
    jepoy0614jepoy0614 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trickster mania
  • Options
    darkstarmjpdarkstarmjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I felt overpowered at time but end game I was dying a lot though I think it's just cos the areas are harder.
  • Options
    deffydeffy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have played WoW for maybe a week lol i don't like that game, i guess itdude123 is right i wanted more of a dps nuke wizard more then a "control" wiz...
    Control Wizard = Defqon
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    " Paper is over powered , scissors are just fine " says Rock .
  • Options
    down2onedown2one Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    SO if ya can't beat them join them
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So if Tricksters are top single target dps, how are we going to beat them in pvp, especially 1v1?
    Control Wizard = Defqon
  • Options
    duffchuffduffchuff Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    " Paper is over powered , scissors are just fine " says Rock .
    LOL that is an awesome quote, perfect.
  • Options
    musaxxxmusaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in low levels where everthing is easy ofcourse the pure dps classes will shine
    wait until stuff is hard so control is needed

rogue currently is the only pure dps class ingame, of course its dmg is going to be the highest, everything else would be stupid
  • Options
    riepahriepah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you really asking that, playing a Control Wizard? Do you have any idea how annoying it is to PvP against your class?
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    deffy wrote: »

The trick is "they kill everything so quick". If they didn't, you'd find out that they are squishy but not as squishy as mages. And if this is not about PVP, why worry about it.
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    duffchuff wrote: »
    LOL that is an awesome quote, perfect.

its also very,very very VERY old.....................
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just go to domination pvp and see how many trickter rogues, do not fret flavor of the months always get a nerf in every game.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    ramuxxramuxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you aren't on top as a CW, you are doing CW DPS wrong. Go full AOE and watch the damage numbers skyrocket as you wipe adds before a rogue can even touch them. I am ALWAYS on the top of damage, if not I am near enough that I don't care. CW should not ever be focusing on single target damage.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets just skip the whole tired 'Class X is more powerful than Class Y' arguement. Frankly it's just tedious.

And not I'm playing a control wizard not a rogue. :p

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True, in the group skirmishes and dungeons I've run as a control wizard I typically am the top of the damage dealers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Which AOE skills should i be using?
    Control Wizard = Defqon
  • Options
    breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got tore up pretty good on my rogue one on one by a control wizard. He couldn't kill me quick but he basically had me useless until I finally died. I think its all pretty even. GWF needs a bump in dps if anything.
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Watch some streams of elite dungeons and count how many times the TR and CW go down/die. TR/CW are both glass cannons right now.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    mayhemsmmayhemsm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    itdude123 wrote: »
    Thats because control wizard is "control" and not DPS. You will start topping the charts with clerics later when your AEs start to come into their own. I'm sure they will come out with the other wizard striker classes, that is what you probably wanted to play.

The problem is TR still beats AE classes when there are huge groups of monsters. So sure AE classes get better but still nothing compared to TR, and they are definitely not topping the charts.
  • Options
    prophetdarkprophetdark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With out going into a HUGE philosophical debate about game design and throwing up charts and examples here it is in a nut shell.

Rogues take on more risk then mages and have a much more DPS centric design.

It comes down to that simple fact.
  • Options
    caiokillcaiokill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bloodbath ftw
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd say 90% of what matter most for topping the damage/kill counts is player skill, 2nd gear. Class a distant third.

I actually lead all the counts on 5 out of the last 6 dungeon/skirmishes I did.. Playing a guardian, one of the lowest dps classes.

Last party had 2 rogues and a wizard, both I vastly out damaged.

Been that way for the first 35 levels anyways.
    looking at a screenshot for cragmire crypts:
    me (guardian 26): 673k
    rogue1 : 508k
    clr: 453k
    wizard: 382k
    rogue2: 377k

Playing with a friend who plays a rogue well, I get out damaged by a large margin. Huge gaps in damage based on your skill as a player.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mayhemsm wrote: »
    The problem is TR still beats AE classes when there are huge groups of monsters. So sure AE classes get better but still nothing compared to TR, and they are definitely not topping the charts.

Have to ask if the AE classes you play with are putting all of their skill points and hotbar abilities into DPS like a TR does?
  • Options
    immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You can't look at one facet or aspect of the TR's experience and say "hey! OP"....Theres single player normal, Single Player Boss fight, then their is the multi-player raid where you have to work as a group..... It is a complex and dynamic balance...fixing it for one occasion may ruin it for another ...guess what Im saying its more complicated than most people who just leap to claim its "OP" tend to realize.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The issue is single-target DPS is king in this game especially PvP. So single-target classes such as TR are always going to have an inherent advantage against multiple target classes such as CW. (And lets not even bother bringing up the lol-wut-DPS case of GWFs.......)