test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

trickster rogue seems OP?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kroniker wrote: »
    I actually did not claim to be better but I never tried to educate you or anyone else, its guys like you without any knowledge about me instantly calling me a whiner so if you want a civil discussion or "education" then maybe stop starting with insults.
    Furthermore it just shows that you are an ignorant moron calling others stupid because they played WoW. Just for your information WoW takes a lot more skill in PvP to play than Neverwinter but your dismissive attitute towards me as a former WoW player just shows how big of an ignorant bandwagon WoW basher you are.
    Now shoo troll.
    Pity that there is no ignore function on this forum would be right about time now.

Dude dont engage the known rogue fanbois and expect a meanful discussion. They are clueless.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    OMG the typical ******bag rogue pulls the Lrn2play card out. Rolls the Known OP class from the beginning and tells others to quit whining.

i have to disapoint you, im not a GWF, so you could have saved yourself that "rolled OP class" comment

but going by your posts youre just another whining git that gets roflstomped even by clerics
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    i have to disapoint you, im not a GWF, so you could have saved yourself that "rolled OP class" comment

but going by your posts youre just another whining git that gets roflstomped even by clerics

Lol nice try. Maybe you should stop begging on the forums too. Isnt that a violation of forum rules.

And try to be more original than LRN2play. Ive seen it written by every rogue that haunts these forums.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    not begging for anything

unlike people like you i can adapt and improve myself
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    dimm1v1 wrote: »
    Your job as a control wizard is to control not top dps meters. I just want to scream when I see wizards wasting thier dailies/encounters for knockback when it doesn't insta gib anything. "know your role and shut yo mouth"-the rock

Maybe you should consider taking your own advice.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?337592-%28%28T2%29%29-Thaumaturge-SPEC-POWERS-ROLE&p=4902951&viewfull=1#post4902951
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    not begging for anything

unlike people like you i can adapt and improve myself

Its interesting you now say adapt...another lrn2play angle.

And this coming from someone who thinks Permastealth is a reasonable and good mechanic.

You dont really have much to say.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You dont really have much to say.

dont worry, i have enough to say, problem is the whiners either cant hear it cause of all the whining or they just hear what they want, so writing books to bring facts to them isnt a solution

but hey, i understand how the game works, i dont need to say much anyway, people who talk much are the scrubs that try to hide their failures with many words

and considering how easy it is to counter permastealth, yes, is reasonable and a good mechanic
  • Options
    dimm1v1dimm1v1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TR isn't the problem with balancing in pvp it's the lame enchants in this game. Get rid of them, problem solved. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013

and considering how easy it is to counter permastealth, yes, is reasonable and a good mechanic

How can you even type with your head in the sand. Maybe you really are talented. Also dont beg for dyes on the forums its demeaning.
  • Options
    thatasianbradahthatasianbradah Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In my opinion, TR is great for High-Quick Singular DPS/Flanking CC Maneuvers. That's how a rogue is supposed to be played, but not as a mixed breed of tank with a high and quick DPS. That job is for GWFs.

The biggest downside to being a rogue is the squishiness. Other than that, if you believe a rogue is OP, you'll need to rework your strategy when facing one. Most rogues, if not all, use stealth first then a punishing blow followed by quick strikes according to their strategy and range between you and the rogue.

Biggest Tip for Ranged vs. Rogues: Pay attention to a rogue even when it becomes stealth, it will ALWAYS try to close some distance between you in a 1v1 fight. Careful for CoS and Impact Shot as well from medium range. Best bet, use CCs and teleport/dodge when need be.

CWs tend to kick my butt from ranged when I'm using my TR if they force choke/enfeeble/icy sword me in quick succession.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    How can you even type with your head in the sand. Maybe you really are talented. Also dont beg for dyes on the forums its demeaning.

sorry, you make no sense here

just cause i have a higher level of understanding of the game then you doesnt mean my head is stuck in sand

also im not begging for dyes, i am offering a solution for those who dont like the new free ones...big differance, but i guess reading comprehension isnt your biggest trait
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    These are the things that need a review.
    First the stealth in pvp, it s quite abusive, players sohuld have a larger radius to see the rougue at least as a translucent figure, also when a rougue attacks from a distance she sohuld be revealed (not cancelling the stealt). I mean if smne thowed a knife at me, at least i would know wich way it came from.
    Second, smoke bomb shouldn t be so strong, it disables the player directly leaving walking your only action posible. It can be revised in diferent ways. One way is to allow afflicted chars to do dodge and at wills; a second would be to change it to a debuff that makes you 50% or so prone to fail your attacks (wich will still be active during unstoppable). Or to do the same but affect an area in the ground more than characters.
    The last thing would be rougues thoughness, they can take a lot of beating and considering the damage they do is ridiculous. If rougue is your 2 or 3 class you already know how unforgiving the game is, but when you play as a rougue its just a breeze, you don t even need to put a lot of effort into it. During endgame s pvp, it s obious the advantage they have, most of the time cannot be hitted and when you do they don t take more damage than any other class. So my guess is for a class that is supposed to be a stealth assassin it shouldn t be able to stand a hand to hand fight. The solution would be a reduced hp or defense or a combination of both.
    There are a lot of issues with other classes too, but they are not as game breaking as these. So making up for just 2 of those point would really balance the game. It s obvious that rougue players don t want their advantages taken away but think that we also played as much (or even more than you) to find out at the engame that we made a wrong choice, that the rougue was the real class to play and the other are just for decoration.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    so you just want to oneshot rogues yourself but keep your own defenses and everything

typical lowskiller post
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    pprandom wrote: »
    These are the things that need a review.
    First the stealth in pvp, it s quite abusive, players sohuld have a larger radius to see the rougue.

It is a rogue not League of Legends Evelyn.
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    no, i want the game to have some balance. And this is a game, it shouldn t be a freaking science project, anyone should be able to pick it and play it. The thing is that all the other classes require a lot of skill to match up and unskilled rougue player
  • Options
    whomikejoneswhowhomikejoneswho Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hydraham wrote: »
    Trickster Rogues are a pure DPS class.

If they don't out DPS a control wizard they aren't a very good rogue. Your class is more of a crowd control/DPS class. They aren't OP, they are just doing their job. This isn't WOW, Rogues are proper Rogues in this game.

You are so wrong its stupid....no class should be able to attack while cloaked and never have to come out and the nbe able to basically one or two shot another class and one of those shots disables them so they can't even get out or cast anything....rogues are a ****** bag class period bottom line.
  • Options
    inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    CW and crowd control ? lol

entegle force: 1 sec
    chill strike 1 sec
    ice ray: 2 sec

total 4 sec.

GF stun combo 6+ sec
    TR daze effects smokebomb etc 4+ sec
    pukmp.jpg
  • Options
    keife1991keife1991 Member Posts: 36
    edited April 2015
    tricksters are overpowered. if you play pvp, and you go up against tricksters and control wizards pairing, you wont win no matter what, control wizards pin you down while tricksters kick dirt in your face, even alone tricksters will win a 1v1 against any class 100% of the time, except other tricksters, then its a flip of the coin whoever hits first.

youd think after seeing trickster rogues at the top of every list, pvp, dungeon, skirmishes, etc the devs would realize they made it too strong. it doesnt even matter that they have less defense and hit points than most classes, because they have a daze attack as well, this is the only combo a trickster knows or even needs, stealth, daze, then 1 hit. if they do that they win all the time.

the only thing they are bad at, and i laughed when my friend told me this because he plays a trickster, is that their best move the giant dagger thing, puts them inside of dragons and then they cant see the red damage fields. thats it, the only consolation for them having an op class, is that everyone else is good at killing dragons, and they get stuck inside the dragon. and thats only if they use that move against a dragon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why would you necro this?
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Arise, Vilithrax *calls for a Doomguide/mod*