What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

trickster rogue seems OP?

Comments

• Options
    tynightflametynightflame Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How Is A Rouge An OP Class...When DPS Is There Offense. I Have Seen Fighter Classes Out DPS Rouges Before...But A Rouge = DPS Class, Sounds Like BS To Me.
  • Options
    nononse22nononse22 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zerodin1 wrote: »
    Rogues can dodge your skills. Try playing a GWF. Experiment for yourself.

and GWF cant? lol
  • Options
    smoothmoves8smoothmoves8 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Skid Row is OP, Youth gone wild.
  • Options
    docholliday1911docholliday1911 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TR dont need a nerf but GWF does need a buff
  • Options
    tynightflametynightflame Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL To Awesome Smooth
  • Options
    zerxiaszerxias Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Trickster rogues are overpowered. People talk about cw having amazing control, well honestly they're control isnt that much more impressive than TR. Trickster rogues also have crazy survivabilty and utilty in parties. dazing strike, smoke bomb. Also in pvp against a team heavy with cw just slot in impossible to catch. I don't know why some trickster rogues believe other classes have that much more utility apart from GF and DC who are heals and tanks. I've played quite a few T2 with GW, Dc and just rogues. It isn't balanced and it makes it harder to farm gear. There is a problem in balancing because you guys all say well TR is only striker but they also have good control and survivability. Also how can you balance control, e.g. TR doe 50% more dmg than other classes but how do you say, well class x should do 50% more control than TR to make up for it. You can't measure control and its usefulness is just not adequate enough in pve.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nononse22 wrote: »
    and GWF cant? lol

Actually, that's entirely true, GWF can't dodge skills. They have no dodge, only sprint.
  • Options
    samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Actually, that's entirely true, GWF can't dodge skills. They have no dodge, only sprint.

Are you... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... or?

The way the classes are right now, they are balanced in PvE. More or less. GWF isn't able to reach the same dps as a rogue because they wear mail and have the ability to spec very tanky. Rogues do not. Rogues are pure dmg. They do have a lot of stuns though, you would be justified to argue they are OP in PvP. Most of the classes are imbalanced in that. I don't think I need to explain why the control, defender and healer classes don't do as much dmg, do I?

Once again, I am talking PvE only. In that, they are balanced. I am a 60 CW and 45 TR atm. TR is extremely squishy, the only reason leveling is tolerable is because of my dmg output, killing the mobs before I die. In dungeons I offer a stun or two, but mostly I do nothing but pure dmg, that is all I bring to the table as a TR, why shouldn't I be #1 in dps? That being said, CW IS even more squishy than a TR, but with shield and control powers, I have more survivability on CW.

The problem arises when people think CW is a wow mage. It is not. I can come close to rogues dmg, but I do it through mob grouping and AoE spells. A rogue does massive single target dmg while I chip EVERYTHING. Most CW try to do crit builds and repel/ice storm builds that actually make them do less dmg(not to mention mess up the rest of the group). You are not a dps class, you are a control class that can do some dps. I think they were very generous with the amount of dmg you can output with so much control, tbh.

At most, we might see a small buff to GWF. I can't speak for higher level, but my attacks on my 30 GWF hit very weak and require me to pop more potions than my other classes. The amount of time I spend on killing is also longer.

I think if a complaint needs to be made it is in PvP and it would be with both CW and TR. A CW and TR can both get the drop on each other and it comes down to skill when they fight each other, but when it's any other class vs either of them, the other class will generally get dropped. TR does too much burst, I have seen some crit for 24k and one-shot my GWF friend. I have also stun locked many people in PvP as CW and it is just unfair for them. They sit there and die. Lower stun times across the board and perhaps a dmg reduction for TR would make it better.
    Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
    Foundry Map: Blacklake District
    Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
    Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... or?

The way the classes are right now, they are balanced in PvE. More or less. GWF isn't able to reach the same dps as a rogue because they wear mail and have the ability to spec very tanky. Rogues do not. Rogues are pure dmg. They do have a lot of stuns though, you would be justified to argue they are OP in PvP. Most of the classes are imbalanced in that. I don't think I need to explain why the control, defender and healer classes don't do as much dmg, do I?

Once again, I am talking PvE only. In that, they are balanced. I am a 60 CW and 45 TR atm. TR is extremely squishy, the only reason leveling is tolerable is because of my dmg output, killing the mobs before I die. In dungeons I offer a stun or two, but mostly I do nothing but pure dmg, that is all I bring to the table as a TR, why shouldn't I be #1 in dps? That being said, CW IS even more squishy than a TR, but with shield and control powers, I have more survivability on CW.

The problem arises when people think CW is a wow mage. It is not. I can come close to rogues dmg, but I do it through mob grouping and AoE spells. A rogue does massive single target dmg while I chip EVERYTHING. Most CW try to do crit builds and repel/ice storm builds that actually make them do less dmg(not to mention mess up the rest of the group). You are not a dps class, you are a control class that can do some dps. I think they were very generous with the amount of dmg you can output with so much control, tbh.

At most, we might see a small buff to GWF. I can't speak for higher level, but my attacks on my 30 GWF hit very weak and require me to pop more potions than my other classes. The amount of time I spend on killing is also longer.

I think if a complaint needs to be made it is in PvP and it would be with both CW and TR. A CW and TR can both get the drop on each other and it comes down to skill when they fight each other, but when it's any other class vs either of them, the other class will generally get dropped. TR does too much burst, I have seen some crit for 24k and one-shot my GWF friend. I have also stun locked many people in PvP as CW and it is just unfair for them. They sit there and die. Lower stun times across the board and perhaps a dmg reduction for TR would make it better.

I'm assuming you quoted the wrong person, since your whole post has nothing to do with my plain statement that GWF can't dodge, which is still true.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sorry how are stuns not considered control? and how are rogues survivability skills any worse than GWF or CW.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh I also have a CW and a TR and I fine TR much easier all the way to 60. So maybe you're just bad at TR.
  • Options
    vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The only buff I would immediately grant without hesitation to the GWF is the ability to pop Determination in a reactive manner.

Right now, while it feels pretty much like a gibfest as every class has such high lethaltiy, it feels balanced when good teams are matched against one another because the skill and coordination plays on map control / positioning. However, it's understandable that it isn't everyone's style and furthermore, when it comes to pubs because it is based on map control and positioning games usually land slide one way or another.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    I'm assuming you quoted the wrong person, since your whole post has nothing to do with my plain statement that GWF can't dodge, which is still true.

I quoted the right person, I just only had one statement for you and then went on to post about the topic of the thread. I am also not going to sit an argue with you, you like to nitpick and straw man too much on other threads, I'm not even going to start.

• Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zerxias wrote: »
    Sorry how are stuns not considered control? and how are rogues survivability skills any worse than GWF or CW.

CW deal damage from range and GWF have higher armor when swamped with mobs. If you can't figure the obvious then something is covering your eyes (bias maybe). Lastly a CW and GWF control the ridiculous amount of adds in the game comparing them to a rogue is comparing an apple to an orange.
    Oh I also have a CW and a TR and I fine TR much easier all the way to 60. So maybe you're just bad at TR.

I have both too and the CW is a million times easier to play at 60.

Bosses are not melee friendly especially since the rogue will be tanking the boss. Bosses hit you for 90% of your HP if you don't dodge. As a rogue at level 60 T2 one mistake and you die and your party wipes (if you don't get revived or have p2win scrolls). As a CW all I do is spam aoe (and roe on boss) and cast singularity when it's up. My tank and cleric grab most of the aggro so I hardly even use potions as opposed to my rogue who is a potionaholic.

So how is playing a CW harder ... I'm guessing you still have that bias covering your eyes?

Edit: Fixed typos
  • Options
    robobot13robobot13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF level scaling needs help, we all know it - their damage sucks majorly up until about 40ish, and only slightly gets better past there, until at 60 and well geared (and played by a non-idiot) they can destroy in PVE.

My main concern is that any nerfs resulting from all this whining about PvP will NOT affect PVE balance. One of the reasons I stopped playing WoW was because every time a FotM arena comp was nerfed, the nerf also affected PvE negatively. Lowering rogue damage, and nerfing CW control will cause major problems in PvE.

To be honest I do think that CW control needs a bit of a nerf in PVP only - diminishing returns would be enough so that they cant control someone from full hp to dead without them being able to do anything.

As far as TR damage goes, it can be rough, but to be honest once they have blown their strikes and stealth ganking one person they can be a bit of a free kill for the rest of the group - yes GROUP - this IS a group game after all and should never be balanced with 1v1 in mind. Also you complain about Dazing? lol to land a daze a rogue either has to do it from stealth, thus losing a guaranteed crit on their big strike, or rely on the enemy being dumb and not dodging what is probably the most telegraphed move in the whole of the rogues skillset. Competant players should not get hit by this strike without outside interferance.

Note I play a 60 rogue, a 52 cleric, and have a CW and a GF to 30 (and a baby 15 GWF, and yes I have too much time on my hands I know!), so I do believe I have enough experience with this.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Orange addressed most of what you said, so I won't go into a rant.

I never said TR is hard, but you are welcome to keep trolling. I said TR is more squishy when you factor in their lesser, not lack of, but lesser control. I was speaking from a 45 TR perspective. I am not sure how effective smoke bomb is in PvE as I do not have it, but right now, my control is essentially the 3 second daze. It's nice, but it's on a 15 second or so cooldown. I could use bait and switch and prolong the fight and maybe save 10% of my health, or I could slot a more dps oriented ability and kill faster before I die. That is just the more effective and fast way to play TR.

As a CW I had a ton of knockbacks and stuns. Keep monsters away from me was never an issue. They hit me as hard as hard as they did on TR, but I am able to deal with them in a safer, but slower manner.

Honestly, I have even forgotten my point, what are you trying to argue? Are you saying TR is OP and survives just as easily as GWF and CW? Or were you just saying **** for the sake of it? GWF gets unstoppable and takes much less dmg. If bait and switch are down, stealth is down(you lose stealth when you get hit if it isn't already full and ready) and a bunch of mobs happen to have aggro on you, you will drop. Which is fine, TR is a melee glass-cannon making its' #1 dpos slot reasonable.

Edit:
    robobot13 wrote: »
    GWF level scaling needs help, we all know it - their damage sucks majorly up until about 40ish, and only slightly gets better past there, until at 60 and well geared (and played by a non-idiot) they can destroy in PVE.

Lowering rogue damage, and nerfing CW control will cause major problems in PvE.

To be honest I do think that CW control needs a bit of a nerf in PVP only - diminishing returns would be enough so that they cant control someone from full hp to dead without them being able to do anything.

I completely agree. As long as it is balanced at 60 I can live with it, but getting GWF to 30 has been a little rough. It will probably be the last class of these 5 that I finish.

PvP and PvE should be balanced separately. I am pretty sure they already did this to some degree, just not enough.

• Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally I think DPS GF's and defense spec clerics will be first to hit with the PVP nerfbat, but you don't hear me shouting 'nerf' or starting a campaign against them. Let cryptic decide whose OP,UP and who is right with the metrics they get.
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally I think DPS GF's and defense spec clerics will be first to hit with the PVP nerfbat, but you don't hear me shouting 'nerf' or starting a campaign against them. Let cryptic decide whose OP,UP and who is right with the metrics they get.

You're absolutely right. All these people crying about Rogues being pvp has no idea at all. Rogues are the WEAKEST class in the game at level 60 when you compare all the classes using the best gears available. Rogues are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
  • Options
    docstarsdocstars Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Trickster is OP i agree...control wizard can control nothing thay are dps aswell... Thay only have very short term stuns and thay give no control...only game i have ever seen a prober control class was in EQ1 and a lil in EQ2....there you could put a monster to sleep not just stun it.
  • Options
    boomer0901boomer0901 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't have a problem with the rogue being a pure DPS class, or how much damage they can do, it's the fact that they take virtually no damage when hit. I play a lot of pvp, on a CW and GWF, by the time I can get a rogue to 85% health im down to 5% health in a one on one fight, they take no damage. They need to take damage on my GWF I can't eve get a rogue to 90% before I'm down to 25% and have to run. I'm wearing ****ing plate for Christ's sake and he's wearing leather and I can't do **** for damage 1 v 1 and I'm working a pvp build.
  • Options
    dhurielldhuriell Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok , TR = big dmg
    But im GF full tank and using good gear...
    why rogues hit me so hard? My job is to take hits ,more against rogue it is impossible!
  • Options
    covinus03covinus03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deffy wrote: »
    I am a Control wizard level 36 and so far every time i have been partied with a Rogue they come out on top with quite a bit more DPS then me. In every dungeon i have been in the top players are rogues, even if i'm a few levels higher i still cant keep up, and they don't even seem to be that squishy, they just kill everything so quick they don't take much damage.

As others have said TR's are pure single target DPS that's about it, CW's however bring a ton more party utility than them it just doesn't show up on the damage meters so people don't seem to consider that (kinda why I hate damage meters themselves). Just trust me when I say CW's are very desired at endgame
  • Options
    hatey0hatey0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    boomer0901 wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with the rogue being a pure DPS class, or how much damage they can do, it's the fact that they take virtually no damage when hit. I play a lot of pvp, on a CW and GWF, by the time I can get a rogue to 85% health im down to 5% health in a one on one fight, they take no damage. They need to take damage on my GWF I can't eve get a rogue to 90% before I'm down to 25% and have to run. I'm wearing ****ing plate for Christ's sake and he's wearing leather and I can't do **** for damage 1 v 1 and I'm working a pvp build.

You play a CW and can't beat a rogue? Wow, you must really suck.
  • Options
    rengetsu08rengetsu08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    uriah65 wrote: »
    The only people that will say Tricksters are NOT OP'd are those that play Tricksters :D

Totally agree, i rather have a PVP with no Trickster on it, for Fairness sake of playing fair.. but i also agree this is not WOW... PWE should make a PVP options like banning Trickster Class in a PVP match... for those annoyed of Trickster Rouge doing 1 hit kill..
    ramuxx wrote: »
    If you aren't on top as a CW, you are doing CW DPS wrong. Go full AOE and watch the damage numbers skyrocket as you wipe adds before a rogue can even touch them. I am ALWAYS on the top of damage, if not I am near enough that I don't care. CW should not ever be focusing on single target damage.

he is talking about PVP...
    boomer0901 wrote: »

this argument is also true, GWF should be a much more advantage than rogue, they should be more than a match then Trickster Rogue.. also GF should be able to stand against Rogue Class.. not the kind where in TR just pawned all class with a 1 hit strike..
    hatey0 wrote: »

ur one of those TR players who just like to bully..
    Half-Elf Devoted Cleric-Divine Oracle Build, Powers and Feats:V1.0, V2.0
  • Options
    ravkratravkrat Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the funniest thing i can think of to do in a dungeon is jack with the rogues rotation...yes..i do, do that xD..
  • Options
    cameleercameleer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wait for lvl 60 m8 Cw 1 shots alot of players, if not its i slam down and then 2 spells and everything is dead.
    with my tr i cant really get onto a cw, because of slows and they can Tele 3 times away from me. So meh tr is pretty up compared to alot the other classes
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    They hit me as hard as hard as they did on TR, but I am able to deal with them in a safer, but slower manner.

Sums it up quite well, CW has a little lower dps then TR, but are safer to playwith its range and tons of cc. TR has to dodge a ****loads of things to not get 1 shotted in T2 while a CW can keep on firing. And once again, CW and GWF are not dps classes. You should have read up on your classes more
  • Options
    boomer0901boomer0901 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hatey0 wrote: »

I'm sorry I play with what I was given, I don't pay to win, I don't have uber gear, if you can manage to keep a rogue at bay, with their stealth jump and disable right away, you're screwed, you have no way to undisable yourself while the rogue just pounds away at you. If I go up against a poorly gear rogue yeah I can beat them, but haven't run into many of those. I will admit, I've only been playing the game for not more than a week, and maybe the rogue's are better atm at pvp or had more practice, but I am generally a seasoned pvper's in the MMO's I've played and I can tell when something is out of whack, or maybe I just haven't found a good combo of skills, although I did mess up my feats, I ended up re-rolling because I wasn't going to pay 60,000 AD to respect, which is a shame on craptic's part.

And I will be nice and not call you **** nut, oh wait I just did, I haven't seen to many CW beat TR in pvp yet, so I know it's just not me, hell 2 cw's couldn't take down 1 TR he kept vanishing, and dodging specials, disable, kill off one, vanish, disable, takes a **** load of damage wearing leather, by the time I can get 3 specials off, i'm already at 25% health and the specials I hit him with barely scratch his leather, so tell me something isn't off there. I've watched 4 teammates pound on one rogue and it took 10 sec to burn him down, nothing wrong there I guess?

I think a lot of it is your team as well, and the fact that it's generally 3-4 vs 5 due to drops and so forth, so far this is the most screwed up pvp I've encountered, but it has promise. Keep it simple.

I have noticed on the GWF that they don't really get a lot of useful pvp stuff till the late 40's early 50's or whenever that 2nd to last tier unlocks, with the exception of takedown. We'll see I guess. When I put in some more hours.
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I m sorry but i play a GWF and rougues can one shot me, and i have no means of dodging (or blocking) like the other classes. And even though they disable your skills, can run as fast as fusk and become invisible. Pvps are mostly decided by which team has more rougues in it.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pprandom wrote: »
    I m sorry but i play a GWF and rougues can one shot me, and i have no means of dodging (or blocking) like the other classes. And even though they disable your skills, can run as fast as fusk and become invisible. Pvps are mostly decided by which team has more rougues in it.

Nowadays, the ultimate PvP team is 2 GF (block and knock back everything, 1 man defend flag if needed), 1GWF (Spamming unstoppable, and knock down everything on their sight), 1 wizard (for range cc) and 1 cleric(astral shield to make those 4 even harder to kill). This is the lvl 60 setup of course.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.