test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

trickster rogue seems OP?

Comments

• Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    boomer0901 wrote: »
    I'm sorry I play with what I was given, I don't pay to win, I don't have uber gear, if you can manage to keep a rogue at bay, with their stealth jump and disable right away, you're screwed, you have no way to undisable yourself while the rogue just pounds away at you. If I go up against a poorly gear rogue yeah I can beat them, but haven't run into many of those. I will admit, I've only been playing the game for not more than a week, and maybe the rogue's are better atm at pvp or had more practice, but I am generally a seasoned pvper's in the MMO's I've played and I can tell when something is out of whack, or maybe I just haven't found a good combo of skills, although I did mess up my feats, I ended up re-rolling because I wasn't going to pay 60,000 AD to respect, which is a shame on craptic's part.

And I will be nice and not call you **** nut, oh wait I just did, I haven't seen to many CW beat TR in pvp yet, so I know it's just not me, hell 2 cw's couldn't take down 1 TR he kept vanishing, and dodging specials, disable, kill off one, vanish, disable, takes a **** load of damage wearing leather, by the time I can get 3 specials off, i'm already at 25% health and the specials I hit him with barely scratch his leather, so tell me something isn't off there. I've watched 4 teammates pound on one rogue and it took 10 sec to burn him down, nothing wrong there I guess?

I think a lot of it is your team as well, and the fact that it's generally 3-4 vs 5 due to drops and so forth, so far this is the most screwed up pvp I've encountered, but it has promise. Keep it simple.

I have noticed on the GWF that they don't really get a lot of useful pvp stuff till the late 40's early 50's or whenever that 2nd to last tier unlocks, with the exception of takedown. We'll see I guess. When I put in some more hours.

You know dodge for CW's does a lot... and they can do it up to three times... and yes you can dodge daze... and any rogue that's doing the CC's is not going to have a long stealth.

and this thread was necro'ed.. its a month old... TR's already took a mega nerf on many things. FYI, Stealth is not invisibility. Learn to hunt and dodge.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    22153d1282366653-republicans-smarter-than-democrats-necrokitten.jpg
  • Options
    masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    utuwer wrote: »
    Nowadays, the ultimate PvP team is 2 GF (block and knock back everything, 1 man defend flag if needed), 1GWF (Spamming unstoppable, and knock down everything on their sight), 1 wizard (for range cc) and 1 cleric(astral shield to make those 4 even harder to kill). This is the lvl 60 setup of course.

LOL

Best team is:

1 Cleric -> Heal

2-3 Control Wizard -> Control everything only stoppable by TR but if there is a cleric AND multiple CWs are protecting each other (CCing the TR which is trying to rush the Cleric/CW) its nearly impossible to get close to them.

1-2 TR -> Onehitting enemies cleric/CWs keeping enemies busy at their home node while whole team is able to hold middle and their home easily.

GF is just nice to protect a cleric or CW in case of TRs because the stunlock is instant and awesome, BUT:

GF+CWs/Cleric = all are standing together very close. Smokebomb will be very hard.
    Multiple CWs and a Cleric = Smokebomb is not able to hit more than one Player, they can dodge into astral shield eesily. The CWs are able to defend a node vs other ranged players while the slow GF has to leave the place around the node.
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    masu84 wrote: »
    LOL

Best team is:

1 Cleric -> Heal

2-3 Control Wizard -> Control everything only stoppable by TR but if there is a cleric AND multiple CWs are protecting each other (CCing the TR which is trying to rush the Cleric/CW) its nearly impossible to get close to them.

1-2 TR -> Onehitting enemies cleric/CWs keeping enemies busy at their home node while whole team is able to hold middle and their home easily.

GF is just nice to protect a cleric or CW in case of TRs because the stunlock is instant and awesome, BUT:

GF+CWs/Cleric = all are standing together very close. Smokebomb will be very hard.
    Multiple CWs and a Cleric = Smokebomb is not able to hit more than one Player, they can dodge into astral shield eesily. The CWs are able to defend a node vs other ranged players while the slow GF has to leave the place around the node.

You forget the fact that GFs can take damage and knock everyone in your team out of cleric's shield circle (2 of them charge at the same time = free ticket to camp instantly), then GWF can use unstoppable to ignore cc and smack your cw/cleric down then good game.

Of course, CWs and Clerics can blink away but it means your team will lose the flag, and also lose the protection of cleric's shield.

2 CW might be a replacement for GWFs. However, they are too squishy compared to GWFs.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LOL

Best team is:

1 Cleric -> Heal

1 cleric with 2 control wizards is pretty much an auto loss... I'd leave your best team for just about anything else in a heartbeat ... what you really need though are good players that will try to take the end nodes while pressing the middle... perhaps 3 GF's and 2 rogues (I don't think I'd like going up against that)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    CWs vs GWF ...
    1) dont attack him until he is in CC lock. This way you avoid his unstoppable.
    2) If he is unsstoppable: Dodge his attcks and DO NOT ATTACK him. go back to 1)

CWs vs GF ...
    1) break guard with at wills (easy going), the GF has to block while going to a position with 2+ CWs to be safe for CC effects. Cause of this he is slow, his guard is brocken before beeing in range.
    2) if GF is using lunging strike: CC him, his lunging strike will be aborted instantly (wtf...). Kill him.

CW vs any melee class: push them back to the end of the world and kill them. Good CWs are able to dodge most attacks an to push away everything which is not CC immune. Repel is a very NICE skill in PvP!

CW is able to knock out everything out of Cleric circle much faster (lower CD!) and ranged(!!). its stupid to call for a GF to do things, a CW can do much better! CW dailies like singularity are able to CC a complete Team easily.

Well, im a GF, im loving PvP, im playing PvP EVERY day 10 matches or even more. I know my class, its weakeness and the enemies classes and their weakness (well except some very rare tactics).

And i know that it is impossible for a GF to kill a CW in 1on1. Repel, Entangling Force, Dodge > GF! The gf has no chance to win this 1on1! Well a lowskilled CW will be killed easily. But skilled CWs are able to kill the best GFs of the whole server easily!

Btw: i saw CWs which used repel vs TR while he tried to get them stealthed. Pushed away, slowed ...

A highskilled CW player is as powerful as a highskilled TR player and MUCH stronger than all the other classes. Believe this and stop playing with noobs.

And here is the reason:
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    CWs vs GWF ...

CWs vs GF ...
    1) break guard with at wills (easy going), the GF has to block while going to a position with 2+ CWs to be safe for CC effects. Cause of this he is slow, his guard is brocken before beeing in range.
    2) if GF is using lunging strike: CC him, his lunging strike will be aborted instantly (wtf...). Kill him.

CW vs any melee class: push them back to the end of the world and kill them. Good CWs are able to dodge most attacks an to push away everything which is not CC immune. Repel is a very NICE skill in PvP!

CW is able to knock out everything out of Cleric circle much faster (lower CD!) and ranged(!!). its stupid to call for a GF to do things, a CW can do much better! CW dailies like singularity are able to CC a complete Team easily.

Well, im a GF, im loving PvP, im playing PvP EVERY day 10 matches or even more. I know my class, its weakeness and the enemies classes and their weakness (well except some very rare tactics).

And i know that it is impossible for a GF to kill a CW in 1on1. Repel, Entangling Force, Dodge > GF! The gf has no chance to win this 1on1! Well a lowskilled CW will be killed easily. But skilled CWs are able to kill the best GFs of the whole server easily!

Btw: i saw CWs which used repel vs TR while he tried to get them stealthed. Pushed away, slowed ...

A highskilled CW player is as powerful as a highskilled TR player and MUCH stronger than all the other classes. Believe this and stop playing with noobs.

Sorry dude you need to get better if you cant beat a CW one on one.

You must be trolling like Pinkfont so your class doesnt get nerfed.

Edit: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?369511-Rogues-tearing-up-about-GF-s-in-pvp/page2

Page 4 because your doing it wrong.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Sorry dude you need to get better if you cant veat a CW one on one.

What are you talking about? The rogue has already been nerfed 6 times. But the crying won't stop until the rogue is unplayable. Even then some of these lousy players will still continue to complain because that's the only actual skill they have. Complaining. It's completely maxed out.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    What are you talking about? The rogue has already been nerfed 6 times. But the crying won't stop until the rogue is unplayable. Even then some of these lousy players will still continue to complain because that's the only actual skill they have. Complaining. It's completely maxed out.

Settle petal. He was talking about GF. Geez you rogue fanbois attack like your sexual style. Too fast and you make a mess. LRN to read.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    isn't Pinkfont a rogue? He was saying pinkfront is trolling so "his" class doesn't get nerfed which would mean rogue.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Edit: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?369511-Rogues-tearing-up-about-GF-s-in-pvp/page2
    And again:

kicking noobs while using knighs challenge is nothing which is working vs medium+ skilled players.

A CW with entangle and repel is able to keep every(!) GF far away from him. Just dodge the lunging strike and use CC skills to keep the GF away and he cant do anything.
    Blocking their control skills is possible, but if he is dodging my lunging strike i have no chance. He is using at least 2 control skills and is able to kill me with his ranged skills while im trying to get closer. Blocking his ranged attacks doesnt help at all because then he is breaking my guard and he will CC me.

1on1 GF vs CW: GF is running after CW, CW is dodging and CCing the GF and the GF will die soon.

But well, im talking to someone who prefers to argue with pictures which are showing noobs that are killing noobs. Btw: try to use knights challenge on a CW ... he will dodge your attacks and kill you twice that fast. But well discussing with someone who is just impressed by "big numbers" is a waste of time.

And here is the reason:
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    uriah65 wrote: »
    The only people that will say Tricksters are NOT OP'd are those that play Tricksters :D

The original poster's only only reason for thinking rogues are "overpowered" is that they "do more DPS" than him, despite the fact that they are supposed to. So, it's not like this thread started off well.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    isn't Pinkfont a rogue? He was saying pinkfront is trolling so "his" class doesn't get nerfed which would mean rogue.

Originally Posted by masu84
    CWs vs GWF ...

CWs vs GF ...

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    The original poster's only only reason for thinking rogues are "overpowered" is that they "do more DPS" than him, despite the fact that they are supposed to. So, it's not like this thread started off well.

There he is. They should make a encounter just for you. ITF: blindly charges "into the fray" spreading misinformation far and wide.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Here you go rogue fanbois. God say his name and you guys go all weak at the knees. Frankly the guy is just a font of misinformation trying to deflect the nerfbat from the broken stealth of the rogues ie perma stealth.

Here is the post. LRN2READ

Originally Posted by masu84
    CWs vs GWF ...

CWs vs GF ...

Edit: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...s-in-pvp/page2

I couldn't care any less what they were talking about, I was responding to the one statement he made about pinkfont. The only person who needs to learn how to read is you.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I couldn't care any less what they were talking about, I was responding to the one statement he made about pinkfont. The only person who needs to learn how to read is you.

Since you are addressing this to me and I was the initial person who commented it seems strange when you say he ? See below
    I was responding to the one statement he made about pinkfont.

Your still missing the concept of context. It is a crucial part of comunication especially when conversing with other human beings. Here is a short description for you

Context

1. the parts of a piece of writing, speech, etc., that precede and follow a word or passage and contribute to its full meaning it is unfair to quote out of context
    2. the conditions and circumstances that are relevant to an event, fact, etc.
    [from Latin contextus a putting together, from contexere to interweave, from com- together + texere to weave, braid]
  • Options
    yoimtehrea1yoimtehrea1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ok idk why we are hating on rogue class so much. (I've played every class available now and gotten them all to 60) the rogue can easily be destroyed by a cw all you have to do i kite him all day and he can't do anything to you. a gwf can just stun lock combo them and kill them in one combo. a gf just blows them up and they can't escape since gf has at will gap closer. only one i see having a problem with rogues is the cleric but he isnt supose to be 1v1 ing any body anyway it's not his job to fight people he is the cleric for a reason. right now i find gf to be the most op class if the person using them knows what they are doing.
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Trickster is OP :D. fast atk speed, and huge damage. on that note, cleric need a disable skill :/. get owned by trickster so easy

Y u didn't mention TR is incredibly squishy? Oh pls. reach lvl 60 first before posting a thread about OP class or underpowered Class because in Lvl 60 some class shines in lategame, but some class shines in early game.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »

The one who posted these thread is obviously innocent he knows nothing about the roles of classes. He doesn't want the TR to be on the top of the list in paingiver so that TRs wont have any role in PvE. Srsly r u ppl rly asking for a very very big nerf at the point u want to erase TR class LOL.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ok idk why we are hating on rogue class so much. (I've played every class available now and gotten them all to 60) the rogue can easily be destroyed by a cw all you have to do i kite him all day and he can't do anything to you. a gwf can just stun lock combo them and kill them in one combo. a gf just blows them up and they can't escape since gf has at will gap closer. only one i see having a problem with rogues is the cleric but he isnt supose to be 1v1 ing any body anyway it's not his job to fight people he is the cleric for a reason. right now i find gf to be the most op class if the person using them knows what they are doing.

CWs needs to be high skilled to detect a stealthed TR and CC him while in stealth. If the TR is using unstoppable to catch, its impossible to stop him, there is only 1 solution for CW: Dodge his attacks and pray to your god that you dodge dazing strike and smokebomb. otherwise youre dead instantly.

GWF cant stunluck a TR which is using his ranged at will because they are not in range at all. If they get in range and detect the TR, he will use impossible to catch to ignore the stunlock of a GWF.

A GF cant block anything which is out of range and stealthed. TR just have to throw his daggers -> 6k-10k damage WHILE stealthed. If the GF is trying to block it, his guard will be down very fast and he has no option vs. dazing strike or smokebomb. After stealth is over, the TR will use impossible to catch to be immune to all CC effekts of the GF. He will break the guard and skill the GF with smokebomb and/or dazing strike.

The main problem of TR:

- Ranged at Will is very powerful and its possible to kill a CW just by throwing daggers while stealthed.
    - Impossible to catch negates the one and only weakness of the TR completely. Immune to CC effects and a huge damage reduction while visible.
    - Smokebomb and dazing strike are filling the small time gap between stealth -> impossible to catch -> time gap -> stealth -> impossible to catch.

By same (high) skill and same equipment, a TR will win vs EVERY other class in 1on1 easily.
    A CW will win vs everything except the TR.
    GWF and GF are winning vs cleric ... wow...

But most people are not able to use their dodges. It seems to be very hard for many players to press a single key. The game should not be balanced for these stupid guys. The game should be balanced for those, who did understand their own class and the tactics of their enemies. GF is just good to kill some noobs. Nothing else. Well, im rank#1 in most PvP matches and thats why i would say: there are 95% noobs around there in PvP.

But if a GF is meeting a CW or TR which is high skilled, the GF can not win. No chance.

Okay, ill wait until the next one comes around with stupid stories about the GF who is onehitting something....

"oh yea 17k damage!!! wowowwo!!!!"
    ->"well your enemy was a low skilled ****, you got GS 15k and he got GS 6k!"
    "17k damage!!!!!"
    ->"your tactics are not working vs. medium+ skilled players!"
    "17k damage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    -> "stfu stupid bob!"

And here is the reason:
  • Options
    dimm1v1dimm1v1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hear all this big talk about how CW can 1 shot or do an encounter rotation and kill folks. Im in the lvl 29 bracket and I barely put a dent into Anyone in a full rotation. If I was to do a dungeon I'll destroy folks in dmg but 200k easily, but in pvp its as if that dmg is roughly 33%. While rogues are killing me within the daze duration or gwf drilling me with that stunlock rotation.

I'm all for what these classes can do but I can't dish out the dmg you ppl claim CWs can do. Granted I'm new to this game but I am following cookie cutter builds and keeping my character very well geared.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dimm1v1 wrote: »
    I hear all this big talk about how CW can 1 shot or do an encounter rotation and kill folks. Im in the lvl 29 bracket and I barely put a dent into Anyone in a full rotation. If I was to do a dungeon I'll destroy folks in dmg but 200k easily, but in pvp its as if that dmg is roughly 33%. While rogues are killing me within the daze duration or gwf drilling me with that stunlock rotation.

I'm all for what these classes can do but I can't dish out the dmg you ppl claim CWs can do. Granted I'm new to this game but I am following cookie cutter builds and keeping my character very well geared.
    noone cares about low levels, its all about lvl60

be lucky that you will get stronger
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dimm1v1 wrote: »

As I told my guild when they discussed PVP (good and bad) as they were leveling up.

"There are two types of PVP, Pre-60 and Post 60."
  • Options
    gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    deffy wrote: »
    I am level 36

lol, nuff said.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • Options
    ar2k88ar2k88 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What, i dont... even...

The rogue is a pure dps class, left alone on a target without having to tank he can deal amazing amounts of damage.
    But without the control (and the occasional "throwing large group of enemies off cliffs") of the CW the whole group would probably wipe allot, and rogues/tanks/healers get absolutely swarmed on boss fights.

As a rogue i do allot of tanking so to speak, on boss fights, and its hectic as hell, if i get hit once, im usually dead and I have to dodge and get out of the way of attacks while still maintaining the dps so the boss will drop before we do, and I thank god a control wizard is there to help me dps and to keep adds off me.

The CW is not a pure dpser, but he takes care of far more enemies than the rogue ever could, single target however the rogue will out dps anyone.
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lets see, they have 3 times the damage of any class, can turn invisible and run away, enough defense and hp to stand up a gwf and gf, can disable all powers in radius for around 10 seconds, can critical strike 90% of the time, have good ranged attacks, can teleport away, and a skill that works like gwf unstopable but instead of just improving defense it also make you invulnerable to everything. They also can jump walls, and have a dodge skill too. Not to mention the easiest class to play with and to lvl up (seriously is like fricking god mode). So whatever, lets call the game "rougues and clerics" and clerics just for dungeons cause they suck at pvp of course
  • Options
    dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    pprandom wrote: »
    Lets see, they have 3 times the damage of any class, can turn invisible and run away, enough defense and hp to stand up a gwf and gf, can disable all powers in radius for around 10 seconds, can critical strike 90% of the time, have good ranged attacks, can teleport away, and a skill that works like gwf unstopable but instead of just improving defense it also make you invulnerable to everything. They also can jump walls, and have a dodge skill too. Not to mention the easiest class to play with and to lvl up (seriously is like fricking god mode). So whatever, lets call the game "rougues and clerics" and clerics just for dungeons cause they suck at pvp of course

I look forward to rogues trying to rip THIS post apart.

No no, absolutely no nerf needed, nothing to see here, go away. Oh wait, you died already? Sorry my dagger must have slipped.
  • Options
    olcsonnolcsonn Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    deffy wrote: »
    I am a Control wizard level 36 and so far every time i have been partied with a Rogue they come out on top with quite a bit more DPS then me. In every dungeon i have been in the top players are rogues, even if i'm a few levels higher i still cant keep up, and they don't even seem to be that squishy, they just kill everything so quick they don't take much damage.

You are lvl 36, wait until you are lvl 60 and you will see that gap close a bit. Rogues will always out DPS you though (or at least they should). Their "squishy-ness" will also become more apparent. Don't make a judgement call like this without first getting to 60.
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Wow, hyperbole much? I don't even know where to start. 3x the damage of any class? Enough defense to stand up to Fighters? 10 second interrupt? 90% crit? These are all gross exaggerations at best. Have you ever played a rogue?
  • Options
    olcsonnolcsonn Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Huh, wrong... wrong... wrong. GWF and GFs target rogues because they tend to be easy kills, their defenses are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. To use the ability that allows them to run away like that they have to give up an encounter slot (giving up DPS), now if they use that with the Smoke Cloud (radius daze ability that they get at 50) that is 2 DPS slots that they give up, GWF's don't give up DPS to become unstoppable in fact it makes their DPS go up. "So whatever" learn the classes and the games before you come on the forums ignorantly calling for a nerf...