Install Arc
Options

trickster rogue seems OP?

Comments

• Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kroniker wrote: »
    There was no <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> "I can stay in Stealth and bring you to 30% health and there is nearly nothing you can do hurr durr herp derp".
    guess we can be lucky then that we dont have that here in NW either
  • Options
    kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    guess we can be lucky then that we dont have that here in NW either

Are we playing the same game?
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There was no <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> "I can stay in Stealth and bring you to 30% health and there is nearly nothing you can do hurr durr herp derp".

If this is what you think then you suck at pvp. Deal with it. All you cry babies think it would just be a simple matter of making it so that the rogue breaks stealth any time it attacks. No, for cryptic to put in something like this would require a complete overhaul of the class. Because a huge majority of the powers the rogue has increase damage done while in stealth. So just removing stealth on attack would make a lot of rogue abilities completely USELESS.

I know for a FACT that if they over haul the class as you whiners want, you will still not be happy because if you think about it, you have to rebalance the class. You have to give it more damage capabilities because being in stealth was it's damage potential. Now that you want to remove this feature, you need to give it burst damage out of stealth right? But now that rogues can't stealth away for their defense, you need to give them more defense otherwise you leave them vulnerable.

So more damage and more defense. They will just own you even more than they do now. Yet you would never agree to these terms so the class would become completely unplayable but after all that is really what you wanted in the first place because the fact of the matter is, you can't play.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Are we playing the same game?

since you seem to play the crygame, i can safely answer No on this :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    If this is what you think then you suck at pvp. Deal with it. All you cry babies think it would just be a simple matter of making it so that the rogue breaks stealth any time it attacks. No, for cryptic to put in something like this would require a complete overhaul of the class. Because a huge majority of the powers the rogue has increase damage done while in stealth. So just removing stealth on attack would make a lot of rogue abilities completely USELESS.

I know for a FACT that if they over haul the class as you whiners want, you will still not be happy because if you think about it, you have to rebalance the class. You have to give it more damage capabilities because being in stealth was it's damage potential. Now that you want to remove this feature, you need to give it burst damage out of stealth right? But now that rogues can't stealth away for their defense, you need to give them more defense otherwise you leave them vulnerable.

So more damage and more defense. They will just own you even more than they do now. Yet you would never agree to these terms so the class would become completely unplayable but after all that is really what you wanted in the first place because the fact of the matter is, you can't play.

The class does enough damage without being in stealth. Stealth should be a means to either escape or for first strike, not a free pass for damage without retaliation and TRs already have the highest single target output and is in fact the only class which literally one shot me with a Lashing Blade for 30k from Stealth albeit that has happned only once so I don't care much about Lashing Blade, so please get a clue before you bring up your kindergarten insults.
    since you seem to play the crygame, i can safely answer No on this :)

Cute when people have no arguments and just spouting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to troll.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The class does enough damage without being in stealth. Stealth should be a means to either escape or for first strike, not a free pass for damage without retaliation and TRs already have the highest single target output and is in fact the only class which literally one shot me with a Lashing Blade for 30k from Stealth albeit that has happned only once so I don't care much about Lashing Blade, so please get a clue before you bring up your kindergarten insults.

Sorry buddy but it is YOU that don't have a clue. Do you know that 30k lashing blade is done because of dmg bonus from stealth? Why not look up the rogue abilities and you'll see how many are designed around the rogue ATTACKING from STEALTH, you moron.
  • Options
    arcrivalarcrival Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Heck with this class I am rolling a Int based Brigand with poison's to roll you! Wrong game? Yes so quit referencing wowcrud.

Stealth rogues are not invincible. My main is GWF alt is TR int based. guess what I die on my TR people will kill you he is squishy. When I am on my GWF I hunt TR's because they will drop the hammer on my TEAM mates w/ LB or ES if they kill me with those i respawn find them ex is down so that aint coming back right away my turn.

People are complaining but seriously PvP has way more pressing issues then what any of you are rattling off about the TR throwing daggers from stealth. To make it worse many complain but do not offer solutions.

We can do like one of the ground breaking mmo's starts with an E anyone? put stealth on a fast cool down and have an escape key so your stealth drops but after I do my 26k crit execution i hit stealth again or if in battle drop smoke and fire off an escape. The point is put out a well thought out complaint that can be fixed offer a solution and realize that just because you say its bad does not mean everyone will agree with you no matter how long this thread pointlessly rambles on.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sorry buddy but it is YOU that don't have a clue. Do you know that 30k lashing blade is done because of dmg bonus from stealth? Why not look up the rogue abilities and you'll see how many are designed around the rogue ATTACKING from STEALTH, you moron.

I am well aware of that and I am not arguing against attacking from stealth but that some attacks don't break stealth like CoS. Now kindly stfu moron. Oh and stop with the false pretense of being sorry, makes you look like an utter tool on top of that since your reading comprehension is beyond horrible I mentioned that this happned only once so is no big deal for me because usually they crit for about 10k-15k and since I started a TR myself I slowly get the hang of dodging it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    CoS is an at will which is supposed to not break stealth

not to mention that it has charges and you can easily dodge out of range

but hey, that would require YOU to actually do something yourself, but whining on the forums so the devs do something FOR you is easier, aint it?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    CoS is an at will which is supposed to not break stealth

not to mention that it has charges and you can easily dodge out of range

but hey, that would require YOU to actually do something yourself, but whining on the forums so the devs do something FOR you is easier, aint it?

Ah, another stupid poster, so cute. Just for your information the first thing I do when I get CoS damge with no rogue to be seen is trying to hit the nearest cover via teleport to avoid the damage increase from CoS. Fun fact though PvP is a group fight and I quite often already occupied with a GF or GWF on me so I have already spent most if not all teleports and since they don't come out of stealth and unless I have seen them before they stealthed I cannot even reliable know where I have to go to avoid the damage and I cannot CC them either.
    But hey I see you seem to like to play stupid and waste stealthed CoS on a mage who has all his teleports left and is near cover.
    Good for you. Or maybe not. /lol
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    so you are in a 1v3 situation and whine about that little damage coming from stealth?
    twisted reality much?

the only (well, not the only, there are alot like that) stupid poster here is you, since oyu just need to learn to play to avoid such situations like you just described, but its just way easier to whine and cry then actually imrpvoe yourself
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    so you are in a 1v3 situation and whine about that little damage coming from stealth?
    twisted reality much?

the only (well, not the only, there are alot like that) stupid poster here is you, since oyu just need to learn to play to avoid such situations like you just described, but its just way easier to whine and cry then actually imrpvoe yourself

1vs3? I mentioned 1 GW or GWF seems like you cannot even count. WAy to make to proof even further the tool that you are. You know in other situations when I have a partner they can peel for me anything but a TR from me. Futhermore CoS hits harder than MM and deals increased damage and calling potential 4-6k damage "little" is quite hilarious given 24k HP with barely a chance to prevent it, certainly much less than any other class including other CWs whom I or my partner(s) can CC to prevent damage.
    Avoid such a stiuation? Yeah I can always mount up and run away when I see 2 people coming and have to fear they focus me. You sure are a bright player I see. /facepalm
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    so now you learned a new tactic, you actually have to improve that now to bring someone else yourself and everything is fine again

im glad i could help you since appearantly you werent able to come to that conclusion yourself

sadly i dont get 80 leadership xp for helping the needy here but meh
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    so now you learned a new tactic, you actually have to improve that now to bring someone else yourself and everything is fine again

im glad i could help you since appearantly you werent able to come to that conclusion yourself

sadly i dont get 80 leadership xp for helping the needy here but meh

You really are a deluded moron because I learned nothing from you I know everything about that already you just presumed I did not and come up with nothing more than hot air trying to form an argument but it all failed pathetically.
    At best you should get +80 for trolling because that is what you are unwittingly albeit it is mildly amusing to see you on your "high" horse.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    why?
    cause you refuse to improve?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Keep trying, troll I got some time today to watch a scrub like trying to "educate" others.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    its funny when the troll who tries to educate others on how OP stealth is, comes around and calls someone troll who tries to educate others just cause he (the initial troll) refuses to adapt

bot dont worry, once youre out of your teens, youll see the need for whining and crying beeing less and less and at some point you look at yourself first
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    its funny when the troll who tries to educate others on how OP stealth is, comes around and calls someone troll who tries to educate others just cause he (the initial troll) refuses to adapt

bot dont worry, once youre out of your teens, youll see the need for whining and crying beeing less and less and at some point you look at yourself first

And again you show your deficiencies in reading comprehension because I never claimed Stealth to be op but please continue your ignorant quest of spouting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 24/7. And since you seem to be "sincere" about the "education" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> let me give you an advice, you are not educating people by calling them whinters and telling them really really old news and constantly missing the point.
    It's so cute to see scrubs like you claiming everything others do is "whining". Cool story bet you played DK S5 WotLK in WoW and thought DKs were balanced with 55% representation out of 10 classes in 2v2 arena.
    But let me take an educated guess you play a TR.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    and you claim everyone who disagrees with you to be a scrub and a troll, so stop acting like you are something better, thank you

and no, i never played WoW more then a month, but thanks for showing again how stupid and ignorant you are , really makes my day :)

Edit: This message is hidden because kroniker is on your ignore list.
    such a joy :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    and you claim everyone who disagrees with you to be a scrub and a troll, so stop acting like you are something better, thank you

and no, i never played WoW more then a month, but thanks for showing again how stupid and ignorant you are , really makes my day :)

I actually did not claim to be better but I never tried to educate you or anyone else, its guys like you without any knowledge about me instantly calling me a whiner so if you want a civil discussion or "education" then maybe stop starting with insults.
    Furthermore it just shows that you are an ignorant moron calling others stupid because they played WoW. Just for your information WoW takes a lot more skill in PvP to play than Neverwinter but your dismissive attitute towards me as a former WoW player just shows how big of an ignorant bandwagon WoW basher you are.
    Now shoo troll.
    Pity that there is no ignore function on this forum would be right about time now.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Furthermore it just shows that you are an ignorant moron calling others stupid because they played WoW.

well, since i never said that...ah well, no point in arguing with a child, guess ill stop it here...it was fun while it lasted but now i better take care of my real life, you know, work and stuff, the things youll have to worry about too in a few years

till then, ce la vi
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I actually did not claim to be better but I never tried to educate you or anyone else, its guys like you without any knowledge about me instantly calling me a whiner so if you want a civil discussion or "education" then maybe stop starting with insults.
    Furthermore it just shows that you are an ignorant moron calling others stupid because they played WoW. Just for your information WoW takes a lot more skill in PvP to play than Neverwinter but your dismissive attitute towards me as a former WoW player just shows how big of an ignorant bandwagon WoW basher you are.
    Now shoo troll.
    Pity that there is no ignore function on this forum would be right about time now.

For how much you talk up WoW, why don't you do us all a favor so we don't have to read your sobbing, is to return to your wow. I mean after all it has better pvp anyways right? If you can't stand neverwinter's pvp why play it? There are lots of other players who have learned to cope with the stealth rogue, I even do it myself and have no problem with peram-stealth rogues what so ever. They are easy to kill and they can't dish anything out in return. So I am completely fine with the perma-stealth builds out there, they are inferior. But we all know you lack even the most mildest of skill in terms of playing ability so you need to cry about how much you suck. So go back to wow now?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    well, since i never said that...ah well, no point in arguing with a child, guess ill stop it here...it was fun while it lasted but now i better take care of my real life, you know, work and stuff, the things youll have to worry about too in a few years

till then, ce la vi

Unemployed pretenting to be something better than others. So cute.
    For how much you talk up WoW, why don't you do us all a favor so we don't have to read your sobbing, is to return to your wow. I mean after all it has better pvp anyways right? If you can't stand neverwinter's pvp why play it? There are lots of other players who have learned to cope with the stealth rogue, I even do it myself and have no problem with peram-stealth rogues what so ever. They are easy to kill and they can't dish anything out in return. So I am completely fine with the perma-stealth builds out there, they are inferior. But we all know you lack even the most mildest of skill in terms of playing ability so you need to cry about how much you suck. So go back to wow now?

I am done with WoW, I have played it enough and achieved everthing that I wanted there when I was in my early twenties. I am not "sobbing" I just say what I think WoW did (a lot) better. PvP is a redheaded stepchild in this game the amount of maps and their size plus modi or lack of thereof in comparison to PvE clearly shows this which is a pity since the game has potential but wastes so much.
    Rogues are not easy to kill, at least not good ones they have several ways to stay alive.
    Your skill comment is so hilariously stupid I won't even comment on it.
    It's quite hilarious that I have one beef with TR not even the whole class but get insulted over and over about it.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1vs3? I mentioned 1 GW or GWF seems like you cannot even count. WAy to make to proof even further the tool that you are. You know in other situations when I have a partner they can peel for me anything but a TR from me. Futhermore CoS hits harder than MM and deals increased damage and calling potential 4-6k damage "little" is quite hilarious given 24k HP with barely a chance to prevent it, certainly much less than any other class including other CWs whom I or my partner(s) can CC to prevent damage.
    Avoid such a stiuation? Yeah I can always mount up and run away when I see 2 people coming and have to fear they focus me. You sure are a bright player I see. /facepalm

I saw your answer about cw's shield in other thread and since we are talking about CoS, let me explain why your shield would be your best friend.

First, CoS need to stack to deal "alot" of dmg. Your shield will absorb the initial damage of CoS.

Secondly, while your shield starts falling, teleport away once or twice (an experienced cw would have an awesome timing so that they teleport right after the shield is gone). This will reset CoS stack. Thus, the rogue will have to start to stack CoS again and chase you. CoS has only 12 charges + stealth duration is about 5 seconds. By reset CoS with shield+ teleport away, you just make the rogue waste 2 of their tools, CoS and stealth.

Now, if they are chasing you, there is a high chance that they will run out of stealth. This would be a nightmare for them since everyone will focus on them at this point. If they turn around, and run away, congratulation!

One more thing, rogue's stealth does not last long so that they will have to approach the target as close as possible. Thus, you will hear a unique sound when they go into stealth. Be aware and start moving to make it more difficult for them to either lashing strike or dazing strike you.

This is just a guide if you are 1v1 or 2v1 against a stealth rogue. If there are more than 1 opponent against you, it will not be a bright moment regardless of tactics.

Edit: Grammar issue.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Unemployed pretenting to be something better than others. So cute.

I am done with WoW, I have played it enough and achieved everthing that I wanted there when I was in my early twenties. I am not "sobbing" I just say what I think WoW did (a lot) better. PvP is a redheaded stepchild in this game the amount of maps and their size plus modi or lack of thereof in comparison to PvE clearly shows this which is a pity since the game has potential but wastes so much.
    Rogues are not easy to kill, at least not good ones they have several ways to stay alive.
    Your skill comment is so hilariously stupid I won't even comment on it.
    It's quite hilarious that I have one beef with TR not even the whole class but get insulted over and over about it.

It's your level of ignorance that is annoying to deal with, not you personally. Do some research into the rogue skills before you suggest that just removing stealth while attacking would solve everything. It wouldn't. I have already explained this to you. The class would need to be completely redone if they were to do this. If they neglect to redesign the rogue and implemented your suggestion, it would make the class completely unplayable. That is a fact, it is not something just thrown about, it would ruin the class and it would require a redesign.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    utuwer wrote: »
    I saw your answer about cw's shield in other thread and since we are talking about CoS, let me explain why your shield would be your best friend.

First, CoS need to stack to deal "alot" of dmg. Your shield will absorb the initial damage of CoS.

Secondly, while your shield starts falling, teleport away once or twice (an experienced cw would have an awesome timing so that they teleport right after the shield is gone). This will reset CoS stack. Thus, the rogue will have to start to stack CoS again and chase you. CoS has only 12 charges + stealth duration is about 5 seconds. By reset CoS with shield+ teleport away, you just make the rogue waste 2 of their tools, CoS and stealth.

Now, if they are chasing you, there is a high chance that they will run out of stealth. This would be a nightmare for them since everyone will focus on them at this point. If they turn around, and run away, congratulation!

One more thing, rogue's stealth does not last long so that they will have to approach the target as close as possible. Thus, you will hear a unique sound when they go into stealth. Be aware and start moving to make it more difficult for them to either lashing strike or dazing strike you.

This is just a guide if you are 1v1 or 2v1 against a stealth rogue. If there are more than 1 opponent against you, it will not be a bright moment regardless of tactics.

The first two hits of CoS are the weakest hitting ones plus many TRs use CoS to break your shield and to follow up with for example Lashing Blade it is really easy to outplay the damage reduction of Shield. When I see another CW with shield I know I can chain CC him longer than he can chain me since Shield is of very limited use against CWs or DCs.
    I appreciate the effort but I really have played a lot of games with and without shield and it does not provide enough benefit for me to be slotted in PvP and from what I can tell I am by far not the only CW playing without shield in PvP.
    By the way, the one time I did eat that 30k Lashing Blade was when I had Shield and this is exactly how the TR outplayed it so he could drop me in one hit basically.
    As to 2v1 I don't expect to win them but I can Repel and EF to make an escape. This is nigh impossible against my TRs albeit that is very dependant on their build. Furthermore I mostly view PvP under the group aspect and as I have said any other class can be peeled off, with the ability to CoS from Stealth a TR can easily finish off at least one if not to people at low health with them barely being able to retaliate. Any other class would risk dying in that 2v1 scenario despite the 2 being low health due to CC and being able to see the enemy which helps dodging abilities. In that regard they are too safe.
    It's your level of ignorance that is annoying to deal with, not you personally. Do some research into the rogue skills before you suggest that just removing stealth while attacking would solve everything. It wouldn't. I have already explained this to you. The class would need to be completely redone if they were to do this. If they neglect to redesign the rogue and implemented your suggestion, it would make the class completely unplayable. That is a fact, it is not something just thrown about, it would ruin the class and it would require a redesign.

No not really. This is just your opinion, not a fact. Stealth provides plenty of benefit even without being able to deal constant damage out of it without breaking it.
    And just for the record I do have a TR because I always start to play the classes which I have most problems against and even with having a TR I stand by me opinoin that CoS not breaking Stealth is bad design.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The first two hits of CoS are the weakest hitting ones plus many TRs use CoS to break your shield and to follow up with for example Lashing Blade it is really easy to outplay the damage reduction of Shield. When I see another CW with shield I know I can chain CC him longer than he can chain me since Shield is of very limited use against CWs or DCs.
    I appreciate the effort but I really have played a lot of games with and without shield and it does not provide enough benefit for me to be slotted in PvP and from what I can tell I am by far not the only CW playing without shield in PvP.
    By the way, the one time I did eat that 30k Lashing Blade was when I had Shield and this is exactly how the TR outplayed it so he could drop me in one hit basically.

You cannot have a perfect combo for every class out there. But experience will give you better chances to deal with different classes, different builds.

If some rogues 1 shot you with Lashing Strike, it means either your gears are not good enough and/or their gears are superior to yours. Rogues with Greater Vorpal enchantment, which boosts their crit 38% more dmg, can do a ton of damage no matter what they are using.

Heck, I am hit by 20k+ CW's Ice Knife, 15+k from a single GF's shield bash, 20K+ from Cleric's Hammer, etc quite regularly when I am up against people with insane gears.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You cannot have a perfect combo for every class out there. But experience will give you better chances to deal with different classes, different builds.

If some rogues 1 shot you with Lashing Strike, it means either your gears are not good enough and/or their gears are superior to yours.

Heck, I am hit by 20k+ CW's Ice Knife, 15+k from a single GF's shield bash, 20K+ from Cleric's Hammer, etc quite regularly when I am up against people with insane gears.

As I said that was a one time incident and I very much suspect that he had me vastly outgeared or maybe I did not realize that I had RoE on me or something else went on not that I had much time to analyze what happened sadly wish I had a record of it. Since this only happened once I consider this a novelty and any other TR hits me between 10k and 15k so far on Lashing Blade which is hard but can still be won depending what gear they have and encounters. Most troublesome are those who have soulforged and HtC. Despite some people whining about Int rogues they are actualy the least of my concerns and seem to be really rare on my server.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

I dont think anything on this forums annoys me more than some fool TR telling me how to play my class. Every PVP match i play i am a great target as a CW for a rogue. Every match two buttons. Stealth COS spam. Gets so old. Shield doesnt do jack for mitigating damage.

Youve been told by others that shield does squat but you still persist trying to tell us how to play our class..

And you are a perma stealth rogue.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    twisted reality much?

OMG the typical ******bag rogue pulls the Lrn2play card out. Rolls the Known OP class from the beginning and tells others to quit whining.