What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Graphics performance is really sub-par and something much be wrong

Comments

• Options
    thahn204thahn204 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seems like you had motion blur on or something that's why background is blurry. This game does look great that ss doesn't even do it justice. I'm so sick of people *****ing about stuff like this if you don't like it don't ****ing play Jesus.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thahn204 wrote: »
    seems like you had motion blur on or something that's why background is blurry. This game does look great that ss doesn't even do it justice. I'm so sick of people *****ing about stuff like this if you don't like it don't ****ing play Jesus.

Blur is overdone in NWO, I disabled it and the game looks a lot nicer
  • Options
    caiokillcaiokill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The background looks like ****, cuz I take this picture completing one quest, with NPC window open.. When u do that, the focus stay on NPC.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the game looks great. That screenie looks like the lowest setting on the lowest end PC and isnt making the case. It does not help that its been lossy encoded with jpg and scrunched into a forum pic.
  • Options
    majzlikmajzlik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caiokill wrote: »
    Awful? Are u guys kidding me?

Get the URL link and open in new window in your browser, and see the full pic(1920x1080), and yes, its on max settings.

Oh, and yes, its NW.

Edit: The background looks like ****, cuz I take this picture completing one quest, with NPC window open.. When u do that, the focus stay on NPC.

Why on Earth do you take a screenshot to prove a graphical fidelity while in convo with NPC so everything else is blurred? Of course the character models are good. Every MMO has a good character models. That's the point of MMOs. Make a screenshot without the flipping blur all over the place, then you can talk.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    majzlik wrote: »
    Why on Earth do you take a screenshot to prove a graphical fidelity while in convo with NPC so everything else is blurred? Of course the character models are good. Every MMO has a good character models. That's the point of MMOs. Make a screenshot without the flipping blur all over the place, then you can talk.

better now?

irmv6A5z1hUPZ.jpg

^^
  • Options
    baronweaselbaronweasel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Crappy CPU is crappy.

Upgrade and be happy.
  • Options
    forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i love the art style of this game and icespire peak left me taken

but the models suck. they are pixelly on the corners and the faces/ eyes look like they belong in a free game developed by teenagers

how can you release an open beta game with the eyes looking so dumb
  • Options
    wifeaggro13wifeaggro13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    I have the Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0GHz.
    that is your problem, get a new Mobo and CPU the new genration of intels are very reasonable compared to the 900 series sandy bridge. you can get a i7 3770 for about 300 bucks that will murder anythng you through at it.MMO's are much more CPU dependent then single layer games, id not try to play any modern one with a dual core.
  • Options
    syrchsyrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol..
    I found it funny that everyone was talking about that image when it was clearly a quest turn in or conversation with an NPC. Of course it's going to be blurry in the background!

I'm on a laptop, MSI GT60. GTX670M, 12GB RAM and an i7 CPU. I run it at max without a problem. Not sure the last time I updated the drivers. If you're having a problem running this game, use a performance analyzer and see what is maxed out while the game is running. If it's the CPU, there's your bottleneck. RAM, GPU, etc. It's pretty simple, especially if you have 2 monitors.

With Windows 7 you can just open the task manager, go to the performance tab, and view the RAM & CPU usage. Not sure if there is a built in one for the GPU.
  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013

but the models suck. they are pixelly on the corners and the faces/ eyes look like they belong in a free game developed by teenagers

The eyes on the females looks like they are surprised.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    zombiesxiiizombiesxiii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The eyes are all O_O lol I don't mind the faces as much as the horrible hair modeling... It looks stringy or matted and is very limited. And 1/3 the hair choices are shaved to some degree. They are severely lacking in the hair department.
  • Options
    koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    I was in one of the Sea Cave quests last night and must have spent 15min admiring the graphics. I've been really enjoying the look of this game on my system.

Core i5 760 2.80GHz
    16gb RAM
    Nvidia GTX680

EDIT 'cus I'm an idiot...that was supposed to say 16 no 256....oops.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    koldmiser wrote: »
    I was in one of the Sea Cave quests last night and must have spent 15min admiring the graphics. I've been really enjoying the look of this game on my system.

Core i5 760 2.80GHz
    256gb RAM
    Nvidia GTX680

256gb ram?

dafuq man
  • Options
    koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    The eyes are all O_O lol I don't mind the faces as much as the horrible hair modeling... It looks stringy or matted and is very limited. And 1/3 the hair choices are shaved to some degree. They are severely lacking in the hair department.

I will agree the hair is a bit odd, but it seems to be a trend in some of the newer games. Defiance has the hair model for males that looks like they just got hair plugs.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    caiokill wrote: »
    256gb ram?

dafuq man

I walked into Bestbuy one day and they had the ram I use marked way too low. I ended up doubling my ram for another $25. I couldn't help it.

Edit on my other post...16gb...not 256...derp!
  • Options
    draggonwolfsdraggonwolfs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The OP is either a troll or he is little kid. Just look at his avatar pic and his signature.

And this sentence from him
    The eyes on the females looks like they are surprised.

From reading his posts, I would say he is a little kid who cannot wrap his little mind around IT stuff.
  • Options
    rabbiddograbbiddog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This is your bottleneck.
  • Options
    desaanukdesaanuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SSD, like a boss. It's 2013, massive amounts of texture swapping in MMO's and it's heavy on hard drive thrashing. Either Raid 0 two normal drives or invest in an SSD. You'll get no stuttering and almost instant load times. People focus way too much on other stuff without understanding the basics.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    CPU - i7 920 D0 2.6ghz @ Corsair A70 | Mobo - Intel DX58SO | Corsair Dominator 2x4gb 1333mhz | MSi GTX 560 Twin Frozr II
    | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 575w | WD Caviar Black 1TB 64mb Buffer @ Thermaltake V5 Black Edition

Running like a boss.

And I know, my motherboard dont accept SATA 6gbps :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The OP is either a troll or he is little kid. Just look at his avatar pic and his signature.

And this sentence from him

From reading his posts, I would say he is a little kid who cannot wrap his little mind around IT stuff.

Aren't I allowed to have a picture taken of myself and use it as a forum avatar?
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    therandomdutchtherandomdutch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a Hex Core processor (12 processors running @ 4 Ghz each) and i have all graphic settings on high. I don't have lag or framdrops anywhere. Not even in main town.
  • Options
    igrat420igrat420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I use the same CPU with an EVGA 285 SSC. I have overclocked my CPU the very first day I built my PC and you, my friend, can easily do the same. The e8400 is an awesome CPU for overclocking and will run without any modification by bumping the bus from 333 to 400 which would push the cpu to 3.6ghz. That's numrically a 20% increase although you're only likey to see about a 5-10% improvement if your CPU was part of the problem. As a matter of fact, you are the first person I've ever seen/heard comment about using an overclocked GPU but hasn't touched their e8400 CPU, which is a bit odd. The problems you could encounter by increasing the bus speed to 400 is instability from your RAM or your motherboard if either are cheap products. My advice, google "overclock e8400" and loot into bumping up the speed - some people have,and do, run those at 4.2ghz without increasing the voltage, but that depends if you have a good one or one of the greater late one's. ;)

"Aren't I allowed to have a picture taken of myself and use it as a forum avatar? "

Marie Bourbonnais has more class then using a pic like that in a forum like this.
  • Options
    draggonwolfsdraggonwolfs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CPU - i7 2600K OC 4.5ghz
    Motherboard - Asus P8p67 deluxe B3 version (obviously)
    Ram - Ripjaw 12gig 1600mhz
    GPU - Gigabyte GTX 680 OC edition
    Power - Thermaltake Toughpower 800w
    HDD - 2 x 1TB WD Cavier Black
    1 x 128 Kingston SSD (getting a bit old now, will replace this year for a Samsung 840 256gb)

So far my game is running great with no fps loss
  • Options
    huntorzlolhuntorzlol Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CPU: i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz
    MB: ASUS p8P67 WS Revolution
    RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x 4GB 1333Mhz
    GPU: ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II @ 925 Core/Memory=Stock
    PSU: Corsair 750W 750TX
    SSD(OS): OCZ Agility 3 120GB
    HDD(Games): WD Caviar Black 1TB

With every setting at max(all sliders/AA/AF/etc.) I'm getting 60 FPS idle standing at a quest hub area, ~50-55 in combat and 30 FPS flat in a major city. I wish MMOs would start using 4 cores instead of 2... Getting a bit ridiculous, it's 2013 and quad-cores have been around for such a long time now.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am running an i7-3930k @3.2ghz, currently overclocked to 4.2...My standard card is a Radeon 7970 Black Edition but currently has taken a **** and RMA'ing it. So i am using my old GTX 560TI, i have everything maxed out and my FPS never goes below 40..With my Radeon it never went below 70. I'm no computer tech but i would have to agree with everyone else that it is your CPU thats <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you up bud =)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    huntorzlol wrote: »
    CPU: i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz
    MB: ASUS p8P67 WS Revolution
    RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x 4GB 1333Mhz
    GPU: ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II @ 925 Core/Memory=Stock
    PSU: Corsair 750W 750TX
    SSD(OS): OCZ Agility 3 120GB
    HDD(Games): WD Caviar Black 1TB

With every setting at max(all sliders/AA/AF/etc.) I'm getting 60 FPS idle standing at a quest hub area, ~50-55 in combat and 30 FPS flat in a major city. I wish MMOs would start using 4 cores instead of 2... Getting a bit ridiculous, it's 2013 and quad-cores have been around for such a long time now.

So according to you Neverwinter doesn't even utilize four cores so a duo core CPU should be perfectly fine meaning that the fault is on Mystic and Perfect World Entertainments end and not on mine.
  • Options
    zeroburritozeroburrito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the e8400 core 2 duo is a TERRIBLE processor by today's standards. you need an upgrade ASAP. the amount of cores/ghz doesn't matter as much as the technology being used. the e8400 is out of date and slow as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. if you keep asking for help and don't take any advice, you will be stuck with that relic for another 5 years.

the only thing you have that is worth anything is the 660 gtx(which isn't being used to its potential thanks to the e8400).
  • Options
    zyanzorzyanzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't have any integrated graphics.

I didn't know they made mobo's without integrated graphics...?

I have a GTX 555 1mb vid card and I'm doing fine. It's probably because I compliment the card with a i7 quad core CPU.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zyanzor wrote: »
    I didn't know they made mobo's without integrated graphics...?

The Intel P45 motherboard chipset has no integrated graphics.