What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Graphics performance is really sub-par and something much be wrong

Comments

• Options
    finnikiafinnikia Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a 2gig nvidia card and it runs great, its all very impressive.
  • Options
    sarsbreathsarsbreath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have found it better to upgrade cpu over video card in my experience. My PC has been able to run everything on max settings including GW2, BL2, and this game. Usually stays around 60fps but never drops below 40fps even in super populated areas. I can give all the credit to my i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz though cause my video card is only a GTX 460.

My 460 has been a real champ but if it wasnt for EVGAs Precision X program to optimize the video card fan speeds to keep it cool i'd be having some overheating problems.

My video card will be my next upgrade but as it is now there is no need as I can play everything on ultimate+ settings perfectly fine.

My other computer with a core2duo however has the same problems as you and needs to be set at lower settings. So i'd have to agree with others that your bottleneck is your cpu. The advancements in CPUs have been huge even if the GHz hasn't changed much (as that doesn't mean anything with all the other improvements).
  • Options
    sarsbreathsarsbreath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another thing to note is that your video card is a PCIE 3.0 card and judging by your old cpu I would guess your motherboard is only capable of PCIE 2.0. So you are not running at your video cards top speeds either. It is instead capped at PCIE 2.0 speeds. A new motherboard + cpu should solve your problem.
  • Options
    luchiferchugaluchiferchuga Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilyan82x wrote: »
    i7 not for gaming, i5 2500k performs way better with games,i7 is just a waste of money for gaming, other question if you use the pc for something else also.

I also have an i7 920, with a 560 gtx video card and 8 GB of RAM DDR3. Motherboard G1 Guerrilla. Im not sure if an i7 is a waste of money for gaming. I can play just fine, although I cant use maximum quality because my monitor sucks (1440 x 900). Im a 3d animator so I didnt purchase my system with gaming in mind. As a side note, I purchased my PC like 4 years ago so im guessing is outdated.. but I can still play with nice framerates at very high quality.

edit... 3d animator = motion graphic designer.. I do not need a monster to handle millions of polygons.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I run 2 GTX 690 Titans in SLI coupled with an intel i7 2600K and 32gb gskill ripjaws ram and have really not had any problems. However, I noticed when that I get some graphics lag in some areas once in awhile and when i disable my SLI and just run 1 card instead of 2 my fps remains steady around 135.

Same goes when I play STO, single card works better than my SLI does. me seems to think both games engines are not very supportive of SLI rigs.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    fishcowfishcow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ibechrish wrote: »
    Hello I am 18 from California, Us. I have a 32 man team speak that is always empty now. If anyone would like to use it and invite there friends you are free to make it your own. If you get a lot of people in or are always In I will just give you server admin to have all commands. The ip is tempest.teamspeak3.com =), just trying to meet and bring people together!

But your server isnt up?
    Je Bus is here to save you! (⊙ω⊙)
  • Options
    kimoy8520kimoy8520 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's some specific graphic settings that decreases your framerate much. Better observe each by adjusting one-by-one and don't forget to turn on fpsgraph. I'm using Sempron 140 w/ Sapphire 4650 1GB. I'm getting 15fps max at Enclave while decent 20-30 on other maps. This is how desperate I am just to play this god$*# game.
  • Options
    michaelcuneomichaelcuneo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Definitely your CPU man... I run i7 2700 with nVidia 9800GT... Yep, an nVidia 9800GT... And maxed out graphics, frame rate is perfect.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    I have the Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0GHz.

Why do you have such a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> CPU with a top-end graphics card?
  • Options
    damaoridamaori Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the OP and the majority of the people in this thread fail to realise is that this is an MMO

The more Players/AI/NPC's/events occuring on screen = more calculations for the CPU to crunch.

What happens when you enter the city with 100+ people in it with a C2D? Your FPS takes a dive cause the cpu cant handle the jandle.

What happens when you enter the same city with a Nehalem/Sandy/Ivy/Vishera Quad core with possible hyperthreading? Watch your fps dip to 40's depending on your clock and be happy you can walk around without your game turning into a slideshow

I don't care that you can run Borderlands/Battlefield/Crysis/Tomb Raider on a c2d with a 660ti. Good for you, your 660ti purchase was well justified on playing GPU-bound games. But when you come into CPU-bound territory (Note: SC2, any RTS and MMO game with a decent render range) don't blather how the game is bad without realising what your hardware can do...

/mad mode off

In fixing your issue either clock it up to 3.5+ or reduce viewing distance when in the city. The thing that kills old CPU's is the amount of things you need to actually see.

Either that or upgrade to a more recent chip
  • Options
    kimoy8520kimoy8520 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    damaori wrote: »
    What the OP and the majority of the people in this thread fail to realise is that this is an MMO

The more Players/AI/NPC's/events occuring on screen = more calculations for the CPU to crunch.

What happens when you enter the city with 100+ people in it with a C2D? Your FPS takes a dive cause the cpu cant handle the jandle.

What happens when you enter the same city with a Nehalem/Sandy/Ivy/Vishera Quad core with possible hyperthreading? Watch your fps dip to 40's depending on your clock and be happy you can walk around without your game turning into a slideshow

I don't care that you can run Borderlands/Battlefield/Crysis/Tomb Raider on a c2d with a 660ti. Good for you, your 660ti purchase was well justified on playing GPU-bound games. But when you come into CPU-bound territory (Note: SC2, any RTS and MMO game with a decent render range) don't blather how the game is bad without realising what your hardware can do...

/mad mode off

In fixing your issue either clock it up to 3.5+ or reduce viewing distance when in the city. The thing that kills old CPU's is the amount of things you need to actually see.

You can partly blame the engine too. I play Aion and I get pretty decent framerate than this.
  • Options
    samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    xmrmarks wrote: »
    My drivers are up to date

Temps are good, built onto my motherboard is a little screen displaying them.

Memory has built in heatsinks, other than that no fan or anything.

NO OVERCLOCK AT ALL. Stock everything.

Components are 3 years old except my video card is two.

Windows is fully updated.

I tried to run at anything 1920x1080 and I cant do it I still lag then I try minimum resolution and I still lag.

You're reaching brick point. All of your components are simply too old for the amount of use they get. 1-2 years on a GPU, 2-3 years on CPU(if you don't OC and use proper thermal paste and heatsinks/cooling method. If you OC and aren't keeping those components clean drop that to 6 months-2 years). Mobo should be upgraded every 4-5 years as long as you're getting a top of the line Mobo when you do replace it so it can support future hardware.

What type of tower do you use? Is it big enough for all of your components without making it look like sardines? All gaming rigs that aren't using liquid cooling need to be mid - tall towers. Inflow and outflow fans are very important.

Keep everything nice and clean. That's huge. When I said updated drivers, I meant to find the best ones and use those. I didn't think I had to explain that much. As someone said earlier, you don't necessary want the most recent from their site. There are better available!

What else... I'm sure there's more but my ambien is fully kicked in so having a hard time concentrating atm so gonna just leave it at this for now and will come back tomorrow and read through what other people have given for advice and either agree or disagree to help give you more direction. If you would, save me a print out of your dxdiag and either IM it to me or post it on the forums, Also get PCMeter and post that with it so I can see what's going on. For all I know you're only running a 550W power supply which could cause the issues as well.
  • Options
    samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    damaori wrote: »

/mad mode off

This is one of the simplistic ways I've seen someone put it in a while! And it's 100% correct. There is just to much going on in MMO's now for a core 2 duo to properly handle. Look at getting a decent quad core: Phenom II X4 970 is decent, and inexpensive. If you want to have a beast go with their new 8 core: AMD Black Edition FX -8350. That's the one I'm running, it's got a good price, OC's to 4.5 without trying and keeps ice cold.
  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bwoodlawl wrote: »
    Listen, kid, if you want to run the game with good settings, fix this. If not, keep telling people on the forums that they're wrong and have fun lagging.

My FPS is lower than your intelligence.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its cpu ofc, i tried this with my old 6670 and my new 7950 and with both i have same fps, all maxed constant 90/120 fps. with i7 3770k @ 4.0
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    izombieskizombiesk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is your CPU. Tested your exact model just for you. Down to 18 FPS at peak hour.
    City MMO's are intensive to CPU in almost every game.
  • Options
    ravosenravosen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    C2D is old. Like 2006 old. An Ivy Bridge i5 and mobo will improve things massively.
  • Options
    ravosenravosen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My FPS is lower than your intelligence.

You can't even write an insult properly, so yeah, that's about right.
  • Options
    biscuitlimbbiscuitlimb Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a AMD HD7770 1GB GDDR5 gpu and an AMD 4100 Quad 3.8ghz cpu 8GB ddr3 ram and i have dipped below 30fps in packed areas. solo dungeons and less crowded areas is not a problem i get 60fps it felt weird to me also because I have decent enough specs for this game... any ideas?

also nothing is overheating.. been monitoring like a hawk. also everything is set to max.
  • Options
    baxtabarbaxtabar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't feed the trolls guys. Clearly trying too hard to provoke a response with his sub par rig (not sure if real or just threw in any random CPU/GPU/RAM config he could think of).

7/10 for 11 page thread.
    1/10 for making me reply.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ravosen wrote: »
    You can't even write an insult properly, so yeah, that's about right.

It's not meant to be an insult.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    baxtabar wrote: »
    Don't feed the trolls guys. Clearly trying too hard to provoke a response with his sub par rig (not sure if real or just threw in any random CPU/GPU/RAM config he could think of).

7/10 for 11 page thread.
    1/10 for making me reply.

Why don't you go back to your queue?

My CPU exceeds the recommended system specs. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/exceeds?s=t
  • Options
    serenasummersserenasummers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    core 2 duo is 65nm, while the newer ivy bridge series are 22nm you wont have more cores, instruction sets, threads, cache, etc in a 65nm processor (a 3.0ghz 22nm processor is way faster than a 4.0ghz 65nm processor)
    Yeah it's old but technology haven't advanced much... Intel thought that it would have 10GHz CPUs by 2010.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    core 2 duo is 65nm, while the newer ivy bridge series are 22nm you wont have more cores, instruction sets, threads, cache, etc in a 65nm processor (a 3.0ghz 22nm processor is way faster than a 4.0ghz 65nm processor)

The E8400 is 45nm.

You really believe that Neverwinter can only be played with the latest intel processor?!

What a load of crock!
  • Options
    cronabbcronabb Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's the CPU, I had an e8400 in 2006 lol, better update that **** bro.
  • Options
    eckexeckex Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My computer, as stated before is far from great, but i do have a serious question.
    I accept lower frame rates in crowded areas, it's all good, but why does this happen.
    I zone into neverwinter after the little tutorial, run to know, everything is fine, turn in quest, all good, click on chest, get reward, all good, turn around, talk to knox again, and my game freezes for probably 2 minutes, nothing moves, no audio, nothing. I've already rendered everyone there, i can see them. I didn't lock up approaching him, it's only after i talk to him after i get my new weapon out of the chest. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cronabb wrote: »
    It's the CPU, now sto crying like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

The only <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> here is you.
  • Options
    serenasummersserenasummers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can you open a large map such as neverwinter town in 3d studio max or unreal development kit without lagging? nope
    The E8400 is 45nm.

You really believe that Neverwinter can only be played with the latest intel processor?!

What a load of crock!
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The only <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> here is you.

Hardly. You've been given proper advice, ignored it over and over again, and simply resort to personal attacks. You are not going to get the solution you want, so take the solution that will actually fix your problem. Otherwise you are wasting your time and the time of the people trying to help you. Miserable being
  • Options
    izombieskizombiesk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why don't you go back to your queue?

My CPU exceeds the recommended system specs. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/exceeds?s=t

What does that have to do with anything? They do not say "recommended to get no performance issues". The recommend is a best guess on what is required to run the game without crashing. 15 years of tech support and personally testing your said CPU and GPU says that your CPU is the problem.