test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics performance is really sub-par and something much be wrong

Comments

• valdoraxvaldorax Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    I have the GTX 660 Ti graphics card, it's even factory overclocked on both the GPU and the graphics memory and in the area in and near the Temple of Tyr my FPS sometimes dips below the 20's.

Should I really have that low FPS with this graphics card?

Something must be wrong...

And there must be something wrong with your setup because this game runs smoother on my system than Rift and Rift doesn't have near the level of graphics, lighting quality, and textures as NWO. Rift, while being a decent game, was poorly optimized, this game is optimized very well and runs very smooth. I'd say look into vid card drivers, OS, ram, and possible upgrades / updates to those things.

I have intel quad core, 6MB of ram, Radeon HD 5770 (not a super card by any stretch), and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Game runs amazingly smooth on near max quality settings.

Upgrading to a 64 bit OS did wonders for my FPS across the board though.
  • logisitcslogisitcs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been having similar framerate issues for days. It runs great while questing and out in the field and in PE, but as soon as I enter a skirmish or dungeon my FPS goes crazy, it's really low and stutters to where it's unplayable. I tried adjusting the graphical settings but nothing has helped.

i5-3570K @ 3.40 GHz
    8GB RAM DDR3
    Geforce GTX 660

It's really driving me crazy that I can't do group content in this game! And I even downloaded the beta 320.00 drivers and it didn't help at all!
  • iviksiviks Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything working fine for me, except the occasional lag, on minimal settings.
  • azosekazosek Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CPU - i7 2600K OC 4.5ghz
    Motherboard - Asus P8p67 deluxe B3 version (obviously)
    Ram - Ripjaw 12gig 1600mhz
    GPU - Gigabyte GTX 680 OC edition
    Power - Thermaltake Toughpower 800w
    HDD - 2 x 1TB WD Cavier Black
    1 x 128 Kingston SSD (getting a bit old now, will replace this year for a Samsung 840 256gb)

So far my game is running great with no fps loss

Excellent build if i don't say so myself.

OP either HAS to be trolling or is of very low IQ/Clueless and stubborn and did not deserve more assistance after he denied the first two generous posters advice. The thing about processors is that although clock speeds make a difference, the efficiency at which different processors perform calculations of threads can be dramatically different (eg. Intel vs AMD Chips) look at the performance of similarly clocked I5's to Fx 8150's that are also similarly priced. Massive performance differences. OP's chip is 5 years old and archaic at this point, a 1960 v8 corvette is not competing with a 2013 model, sorry.

Anyway, to throw our builds out there...

I5 2500k OC'd 4.9ghz + H100 Watercooler
    P8P67 Pro B3 Rev.
    16gb Corsair Dominator RAM @ 1600
    1TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm
    256gb Samsung 840 SSD (OS & Whatever games actively playing at the time)
    (2)x PNY GTX 680's in SLI (Didn't care for PNY but 680's just came out and I sold both my 7970's so I was in a rush)
    NZXT 1000w PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case Blk/Grn
    Green led fans errrrrwhere for extra speed/performance.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread still alive ?

It so reminds me of the dude who dropped a vette 390 in his vega and complained it wasn't as fast as a real vette .
  • nilgornnilgorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont think the peformance is really bad, and also that its the cpu heavy. Ive got 670 + old c2quad 2.5 and it runs on EVERYTHING highest on 2560x1600 without even smalest slowdown. On the other side gw2 ran on my setup on little below high (far from highest) with big slowdowns on more action places. That was the one being cpu heavy. Imo optimization is far from being bad
  • achuanachuan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whatever author topic with his 2 Cores. How about my Phenom II 6x 1065T 2*4GB Ram and Sepphire 7850 OC'ed and i have same low performance like he have with stupid hardlocks ( 30-20fps locks to 1fps).Changing graphic options or resolution to 800x600 doesn't fix it.
    Im plaing Battlefield 3 on High and i'll play Battlefiled 4 soon on this PC too. So you guys want to tell me this Neverwinter game is more demanding than Battlefield? lol
  • mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valdorax wrote: »
    And there must be something wrong with your setup because this game runs smoother on my system than Rift and Rift doesn't have near the level of graphics, lighting quality, and textures as NWO. Rift, while being a decent game, was poorly optimized, this game is optimized very well and runs very smooth. I'd say look into vid card drivers, OS, ram, and possible upgrades / updates to those things.

I have intel quad core, 6MB of ram, Radeon HD 5770 (not a super card by any stretch), and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Game runs amazingly smooth on near max quality settings.

Upgrading to a 64 bit OS did wonders for my FPS across the board though.

I have Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 64-bit Business Class.

As one poster said Neverwinter only utilizes two cores so why do I need a quad core?
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
    edited May 2013
    achuan wrote: »
    Whatever author topic with his 2 Cores. How about my Phenom II 6x 1065T 2*4GB Ram and Sepphire 7850 OC'ed and i have same low performance like he have with stupid hardlocks ( 30-20fps locks to 1fps).Changing graphic options or resolution to 800x600 doesn't fix it.
    Im plaing Battlefield 3 on High and i'll play Battlefiled 4 soon on this PC too. So you guys want to tell me this Neverwinter game is more demanding than Battlefield? lol

When you say high for battle field... you don't really mean high right? BF is know for being one of the most hardware intensive games out, and I know for a FACT your set up is not capable of that. Similarly, check your drivers for the gpu, i swapped my 7970's for 680's because their drivers are THAT bad, not that the cards were..
  • traygortmptraygortmp Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0GHz.

Didnt the e8400 come out in.. 2008? That would be ~5 years ago.
  • logisitcslogisitcs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been having similar framerate issues for days. It runs great while questing and out in the field and in PE, but as soon as I enter a skirmish or dungeon my FPS goes crazy, it's really low and stutters to where it's unplayable. I tried adjusting the graphical settings but nothing has helped.

i5-3570K @ 3.40 GHz
    8GB RAM DDR3
    Geforce GTX 660

It's really driving me crazy that I can't do group content in this game! And I even downloaded the beta 320.00 drivers and it didn't help at all!
    (Am I being ignored???)
    edited May 2013
    traygortmp wrote: »
    Didnt the e8400 come out in.. 2008? That would be ~5 years ago.

Yeah CPU speed has increased by a whopping 17% in those five years.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • morkintashmorkintash Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a GTX680 and i5 3570k for my PC and it has a few frame sags. After switching off Ambient Occlusion and Anti Aliasing, the frame rate stays pretty much a solid 60. The city tends to bring it down into the 40's however.
    (I do seem to get an occasional random game crashes though, I'm guessing that's just drivers speaking.)
    The river tells no lies. Though standing on the shore the dishonest man still hears them.
    edited May 2013
    logisitcs wrote: »

i5-3570K @ 3.40 GHz
    8GB RAM DDR3
    Geforce GTX 660

(Am I being ignored???)

It IS beta so there could be some compatability issues, I don't know that side of the fence but is your pc clean? Do you know for a fact? Whats your cpu/ram useage when idle on desktop? You may have some malware/viruses using half your resources as a slave on a botnet for all i know, which does happen... Also, what OS?
    edited May 2013
    logisitcs wrote: »

i5-3570K @ 3.40 GHz
    8GB RAM DDR3
    Geforce GTX 660

(Am I being ignored???)

According to most people in this thread your CPU is **** you need an i7 4990 with eight cores to run this game even though the game can only use two cores on your CPU.
    edited May 2013

Your completely incorrect and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Clock speeds maybe, "speed" as in performance? Guy, seriously, go read some **** on technology. Your clueless.
    edited May 2013
    azosek wrote: »
    It IS beta so there could be some compatability issues, I don't know that side of the fence but is your pc clean? Do you know for a fact? Whats your cpu/ram useage when idle on desktop? You may have some malware/viruses using half your resources as a slave on a botnet for all i know, which does happen... Also, what OS?

Yes the PC is clean as it is fairly new and I've been cleaning it out at least once a month
    CPU usage is at 2-4%
    1.66GB Memory usage
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - I also run Windows Update every time its up
    I'll run a scan, I'm using ESET Smart Security 5
    edited May 2013
    According to most people in this thread your CPU is **** you need an i7 4990 with eight cores to run this game even though the game can only use two cores on your CPU.

Not EVERYONES cpu is the problem, but your computer as a whole sir, is ****, and your cpu is DEFINITELY a problem.
    edited May 2013
    Your completely incorrect and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Clock speeds maybe, "speed" as in performance? Guy, seriously, go read some **** on technology. Your clueless.

I miss the good old days when clockspeeds doubled every two years or so and performance increased twenty fold.
    edited May 2013
    I just want to play the game. I have no malicious attempt or want to troll whatsoever, I just want to play the game. And as it is, ever since I got it last week I've been having this problem.

EVERYTHING runs fine outside of skirmishes/dungeons, including PE
    edited May 2013
    I miss the good old days when clockspeeds doubled every two years or so and performance increased twenty fold.

We are reaching the maximum performance of silicone, its not going to get better at those rates anymore, your comparing the performance of some 1995 **** to now, its not going to work like that anymore, the industry is fairly good at pushing their yesterdays ideas to the limits today..

Think of it as a learning curve, we as a people were learning this new means of technology much like a kid who has never played baseball before, he could get substantially or exponentially better in a year let alone 5-10, but eventually he is about as good as he's going to get and will taper down to only incremental improvements... yeah, kinda like that... but your **** is like 5 years old bro and thats a long time to be out of the game; especially in tech. time.
  • xxxretsopmixxxretsopmi Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah it's old but technology haven't advanced much... Intel thought that it would have 10GHz CPUs by 2010.

That's because they realized that GHz isn't the end all be all most noobs thought it was back in the day. They've realized the the cache size and speed plays a much bigger role on overall performance then Ghz does.

Hence why cpus with lower Ghz then yours, but double your cache make your CPU look like the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cpu it is.
    edited May 2013
    That's because they realized that GHz isn't the end all be all most noobs thought it was back in the day. They've realized the the cache size and speed plays a much bigger role on overall performance then Ghz does.

Hence why cpus with lower Ghz then yours, but double your cache make your CPU look like the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cpu it is.

Not even just the cache but the architecture in general, we have turned to trying to become more effective of processing per clock rather than making them faster, for one, due to heat limitations like i mentioned in a previous post, maybe when something better than silicone comes around or they standardize liquid nitrogen for pc coolant so every boy and girl can have some in their wal-mart pc's then we could see another jump to about 5.5-6ghz standard...
  • dendrobates0825dendrobates0825 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First off I just want to point out it's silicon not silicone.

Here is a couple of good articles on Wikipedia. This should at least teach some people about a couple of things that can affect CPU performance.

The first is about the Megahertz myth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megahertz_myth

The second covers instructions per cycle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instructions_per_cycle
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

You proved yourself a troll, not willing to listen. You are like a person that thinks the only really fast street car can be a muscle car, because they did it with brute CI's and forced injection. While negating advancement in cpu's and Japanese technologies.

There is a lot more going on with new procs vs older one's besides GHz. One doesn't even have to understand a lick of it, you can put both side by side and see the new one blow the proverbial doors off the old one. You can even clock them both the same to see what all the other variables produce.... and that would be a lot.

But you don't care, because you ultimately are a troll that doesn't want to hear anything, just wanting to keep this going on. I play along for others out there that might not know this. GW2 was an education to a lot of JR computer gamers and it's need for a beefy CPU.

As said, today CPU>GPU in overall performance in games. It changed, there wasn't a memo, so you had to pay attention.
    edited May 2013
    First off I just want to point out it's silicon not silicone.

Here is a couple of good articles on Wikipedia. This should at least teach some people about a couple of things that can affect CPU performance.

The first is about the Megahertz myth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megahertz_myth

The second covers instructions per cycle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instructions_per_cycle

Spelling <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ;P haha yeah but excellent posts, im on a 48 hour pre finals bender and not so clear on where im getting at but yeah you got it.
    If there were a kudos button i would give you half.
  • dendrobates0825dendrobates0825 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spelling <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ;P haha yeah but excellent posts, im on a 48 hour pre finals bender and not so clear on where im getting at but yeah you got it.
    If there were a kudos button i would give you half.
    Sweet! I love kudos :)
    edited May 2013
    Sweet! I love kudos :)

you dog... lol
  • solkyoshirosolkyoshiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is LOL. I also have a 660ti and I don't dip below 30fps in town. Which by the way, taking a hit in a town area is common for literally every single MMO out there. But I also have a i7 920 @ 4.0 GHZ and 6GB of DDR3. Which make a real difference. Its not about raw GHZ on a CPU anymore. As others have stated, cache size and speed are king. How well it handles orders and how well it syncs with your motherboard. Its not just about raw memory size, its about getting low timings combined with fast speed.

And SSD'S are GREAT for gaming. Not because it increases your framerate, but because it lowers your loading time. And given how often Neverwinter has to load areas, an SSD makes the whole process smooth and fast.

Depresses me to see people trying to chase top end numbers with a medium range rig. Core 2 duo and DDR2 wasn't top end in 2009, as that's when the i7 line came out, which is also when I built my rig.
  • caiokillcaiokill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is LOL. I also have a 660ti and I don't dip below 30fps in town. Which by the way, taking a hit in a town area is common for literally every single MMO out there. But I also have a i7 920 @ 4.0 GHZ and 6GB of DDR3. Which make a real difference. Its not about raw GHZ on a CPU anymore. As others have stated, cache size and speed are king. How well it handles orders and how well it syncs with your motherboard. Its not just about raw memory size, its about getting low timings combined with fast speed.

And SSD'S are GREAT for gaming. Not because it increases your framerate, but because it lowers your loading time. And given how often Neverwinter has to load areas, an SSD makes the whole process smooth and fast.

Depresses me to see people trying to chase top end numbers with a medium range rig. Core 2 duo and DDR2 wasn't top end in 2009, as that's when the i7 line came out, which is also when I built my rig.

This

Message to short |: