test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance 5-2-13 6AM PDT

Comments

• morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    Not fussing about the times of maintenance...Just the frequency. I been playing this game for 2 days now and there's been 2 maintenance.

Am i to understand that there will be a maintenance EVERY DAY? Or what? Just seeking some clarification here.
    Thanks.

It's a beta. Closed or Open, servers usually go down quite a lot for maintenance (patches, hotfixes etc etc) during each beta phase. Common knowledge if you've beta tested a few games.
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • samus1001samus1001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cristari wrote: »
    Just a note for all you kiddies out there arguing about time zones in forums. It is actually possible to get a script into the forum that will display time in the correct zone for you so technically it is possible to get these forums to show the correct time for everyone. PWE are just too lazy to employ it.

To all the introverted 'America is the only Country that matters' idiots, wake the hell up and sniff what you are shovelling. It does not take much to run server downtimes at a time that suits both the EU and US, yes not everyone will be happy but you can make the greater population happy. If most of your customers come from the EU and US why annoy one half of them when you can try to avoid it. Again PWE are just to **** lazy or cheep to employ the one man to come in early or stay late to flip the switch to restart the servers (yes I know it's more then one man but I am only summarising).

So what your saying is it's inconvenient for you therefore it's inconvenient for the entire EU? Most of the EU players will get off work AFTER the servers come back up. The Dev's picked the best time. Most early morning US players have left for work and most evening EU players are not home yet.
  • cedricfontelroycedricfontelroy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So when is the server coming back EST time?

11am?

What's that in gmt? ;)
  • spleensplicerspleensplicer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually get super excited when there is maintenance because I look forward to the patch notes

*refreshes patch notes forums anxiously*

Maintenance means things are happening and that is ALWAYS good!

p.s - I really want to play as a druid! <3

I am with you! Druid FTW!
  • lordofdestructinglordofdestructing Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    samus1001 wrote: »
    Unfortunately they had an unforeseen issue that caused players to wait hours to log in. It had to be fixed as quickly as possible. If it had happened on the fourth of July I'm sure they still would have rushed to fix it.

Agreed, I began patching 30th and got to play the game first today...
  • metrojethrometrojethro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This isn't scheduled maintenance. THis is every freaking day maintenance.
  • damkina9damkina9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inkedbear wrote: »
    3pm - 5pm GMT+1 is EU Prime Time? Since when? Maybe if you are unemployed or skipping school :p

Or maybe you work at morning and play after dinner 3:00 pm :D
  • adania666adania666 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    delorne wrote: »
    Well, actually it's 7 hours now during Daylight Saving Time.

GMT is standard all year round. DST means you're no longer on GMT - For example in Britain you would be on BST
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    Hehehehe...YEAH...MY FIRST MMO^^ Cool. I'll roll with that ^__^ So don't forget to help a "****" Out when u see me ingame? "Free stuffz plox!"
    BUT I give it to you brah.....I got DISGUSTED with PWI and left the mmorpg scene for awhile. Although honestly...The other Open betas i been playing had weekly maintenance...and only had daily if something BROKE. As in server crashed or something. Perhaps this new way is the better way to go...I dunno....We'll see:)

I Really hope this aint another PWE Greed game....I Really like this one And i haven't liked one in a LOOOOONNNG time:(

LOL! IF only u knew the 5 digit numbers i dropped on PWI......

Lets see if this one follows the old pwe tradition. First 3 months. "we are trying to make this not p2w"

6 Months onwards "New and JUST FOR YOU! The ENDGAMEGEARATTHETIME PACKS! Get em while they're hot! And u have a chance to to get end game gear! All u have to do is buy 10000 packs at 1$ each and u are GUARANTEED to get everything u need to OWN EVERYONE!"

9 Months onwards "New AGAIN! The NEW endgamegearnow packs! I Know u dropped 10K Earlier, BUT we want you to drop MORE as we will keep selling you the endgame stuff EVERY 3 MONTHS! BUY NOW!"

Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope it doesn't go down like that again...-___-

I'm highly unlikely to drop a dime on this until they release at least three more classes. I know they've probably got two more about ready to roll out, but I'm not willing to invest in this unless it's a sure thing they're trying to actually make a good game and not just cash in on D&D's success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ramondieguesramondiegues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, its easier to make 1million ppl search wth is pst/pdt than just add "18h PST =>(GMT -8) <=". Just add the bloody gmt -x so we can know how it will be (for me, I know that brazil its gmt -3 in Bras
  • asssssfasssssf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brace yourself. . .more people crying for the next hour and a half. . .
    go ahead and cry about it. . .see what happens
  • psuedomonaspsuedomonas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Welcome to an open beta launch mate! Hence what seperates a soft launch like we are in from a full release. They have never before had the numbers in game as they do now, things happen, they need to fix and patch as they appear and are solved. So far they, in my opinion, are doing a stellar job! I can still harken back to the very beginnings of WoW, a juggernaut that it is today, when launched, would constantly be down for days on end!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nuitaransnuitarans Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    I think all times for games should be posted in GMT. I mean, you SHOULD know what your time is relative to GMT. Everyone should. Right? Please tell me people are at least smart enough to know that....
    edited May 2013

Was it annouced in advance? ... Yes.

Look up what scheduled means. It is scheduled maintenance.
  • t3abagg3dt3abagg3d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    or if you are relly lazy just add another Clock in windows and set it to Game server time and name it "Neverwinter".

thats a great idea...just did it :)

i forgot you could do that :cool:
  • d3per93d3per93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's that in gmt? ;)

Which country are you from and I'll use the Time Zone Converter?

For London I think it's around 4:00 pm. (I don't know if this time is correct... but if it isn't then correct it for me.)
    edited May 2013
    d3per93 wrote: »
    Which country are you from and I'll use the Time Zone Converter?

For London I think it's around 4:00 pm. (I don't know if this time is correct... but if it isn't then correct it for me.)

Correct, its 3.38pm in London right now. Maint ends in 22 minutes.
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to an open beta launch mate! Hence what seperates a soft launch like we are in from a full release. They have never before had the numbers in game as they do now, things happen, they need to fix and patch as they appear and are solved. So far they, in my opinion, are doing a stellar job! I can still harken back to the very beginnings of WoW, a juggernaut that it is today, when launched, would constantly be down for days on end!
    I wonder whats the reason to make an so small and restricted closed beta to ALWAYS give people the worst opb impression.

I mean, wth? the D&D base its huge, even an clown could guess that 3 servers would not take all the load. They had the cb numbers and problably the open beta would raise. 2 days cb test? Rather had @ least one week straight of stress test during closed beta and an smooth opb launch than this.
  • samus1001samus1001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    patching now...........
  • drakkari1drakkari1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heavily instanced game, 3 servers should handle it, especialy after the launch rush ends
  • bigbigtrekbigbigtrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pyrph0r0s wrote: »
    Good to see another fix but seriously think of EU a bit and try to find a non prime time hour to do the maintenances :)
    Most of the players come from the US.
    edited May 2013
    I wonder whats the reason to make an so small and restricted closed beta to ALWAYS give people the worst opb impression.

I mean, wth? the D&D base its huge, even an clown could guess that 3 servers would not take all the load. They had the cb numbers and problably the open beta would raise. 2 days cb test? Rather had @ least one week straight of stress test during closed beta and an smooth opb launch than this.

Its a privilege they are giving you, to be able to play in OB at all. You take the Maints, and the bugs, for the possibility to play.
  • freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    adania666 wrote: »
    Its a privilege they are giving you, to be able to play in OB at all. You take the Maints, and the bugs, for the possibility to play.

And they take the money.
  • druftiexdruftiex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeah, they are totally giving the people the privilege to p[L]ay. you take the mains and the bugs and everything for the possibility to p[L]ay <3
    edited May 2013
    pyrph0r0s wrote: »
    Good to see another fix but seriously think of EU a bit and try to find a non prime time hour to do the maintenances :)

How about you think of them? They are starting Maint at 6AM their time.. They must be getting to work for atleast 5AM to prepare. Don't you think they are doing alot already ?
    edited May 2013
    drakkari1 wrote: »
    Heavily instanced game, 3 servers should handle it, especialy after the launch rush ends
    Should? I had rollbacks in solo dungeons.
  • bigbigtrekbigbigtrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakkari1 wrote: »
    Well there other game Star Trek online has one server that I think is more than one server put into one.
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I'm highly unlikely to drop a dime on this until they release at least three more classes. I know they've probably got two more about ready to roll out, but I'm not willing to invest in this unless it's a sure thing they're trying to actually make a good game and not just cash in on D&D's success.

Same here friend. I'm gonna wait and feel this one out, before setting my wallet on fire. I made a mistake with PWI. I'm not making it here again. I'm gonna give this game 6 months. IF it's not the usual PWE nonsense. Then i'll start paying. And i'm sure alot of you are the same. PWE should have our records....and they know when we start paying...we start paying BIG. So it's all in their hands.

Don't drop the ball again.....OR THE SOAP! ^__^
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
    edited May 2013
    freemind25 wrote: »
    And they take the money.

So what? They are putting man hours into this and paying costs to run the servers. Its not free for them.
    edited May 2013
    How about you think of them? They are starting Maint at 6AM their time.. They must be getting to work for atleast 5AM to prepare. Don't you think they are doing alot already ?
    Agreed. Most of the probably got up at 4AM. Just so they could get the patch started before EU prime time and still people cry about it.