Install Arc
Options

Graphics performance is really sub-par and something much be wrong

Comments

• Options
    bwoodlawlbwoodlawl Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    8GB of 1066MHz DDR2 RAM should be more than enough.
    I have the Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0GHz.

Listen, kid, if you want to run the game with good settings, fix this. If not, keep telling people on the forums that they're wrong and have fun lagging.
  • Options
    hydrahamhydraham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the GTX 660 Ti graphics card, it's even factory overclocked on both the GPU and the graphics memory and in the area in and near the Temple of Tyr my FPS sometimes dips below the 20's.

Should I really have that low FPS with this graphics card?

Something must be wrong...
    I run the game on max except the shaders, i run those on medium on a GTX 660 and get 60fps outside of town, 40-45fps in town.

Your problem is you are running a outdated and slow CPU. You need to bump down your graphics. Games don't run just on video cards, CPU's play a huge part. Do yourself a favor and spend a couple hundo on a I5.
  • Options
    greeedelngreeedeln Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have a GTX 660 Ti aswell here never drops under 60FPS everything on max on i5 3570k,It's odviously your component is outdated,you need to balance your system to get the best performance.
  • Options
    hydrahamhydraham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    greeedeln wrote: »
    Have a GTX 660 Ti aswell here never drops under 60FPS everything on max on i5 3570k,It's odviously your component is outdated,you need to balance your system to get the best performance.
    This.

Also make sure your drivers are up to date. You should be able to run it better on lower settings, maxed out on a core 2 duo? You are going to have performance issues. Doesn't matter if you have a titan in that rig.
  • Options
    xmrmarksxmrmarks Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I have a 6950 and a amd 965 and im getting massive lag!??? Any ideas?
  • Options
    samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    8GB of 1066MHz DDR2 RAM should be more than enough.

1066... Ok let me ask you something. How high do you have your graphics set? "Recommended settings" are typically done with almost all graphics options turned off, or at most a mid range. If you're trying to run everything maxed with a sub-par system, then it's just not going to work.

If you want to play with everything maxed, then listen to what everyone has said about your CPU and get it upgraded, now that I hear you are only running 1066, I'm going to say also get your RAM upgraded. Now for your 1066, If it's DDR2 then you're only running a 5-5-5-15 but if it's DDR3 you'd be runnning a 7-7-7(ie, if it's 2, then your ram is to slow, if it's 3 you're fine). Since you have DDR2, it's not fast enough.

Sadly if you're running a Mobo that only supports DDR2 then it's very likely you've capped your RAM and CPU which means it's time for an entire overhaul.

As it stands, with only 3.0 dual core and 1066 DDR2, you could be running my crossfired 7990's and -still- have issue's the second you get to populated locations.

It's time to upgrade your Mobo, RAM and CPU. If not then in order to drop your lag drop your settings down. If they are all the way down and you're still having issues then welcome to having recommended settings.

Argue back all you want, I won't bother answering further unless you ask for upgrade advice.

Hope you have a good day, sorry to be the bearer of bad news(along with every other person who's posted here)
  • Options
    samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    xmrmarks wrote: »
    So I have a 6950 and a amd 965 and im getting massive lag!??? Any ideas?

PLEASE don't just give this information.

A -huge- tip. Always include the four corners when asking for advice in gaming. RAM(DDR# + speed), CPU, GPU and Bandwidth(upload is just as important as download, please include both).

If I have that much I at least have a base to work with(or anyone else who actually knows what they are doing). If not then I'm taking shots in the dark.
  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My CPU is fine it's the game thats **** and badly optimized.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Look I didn't want to come off too harsh or anything, but since you're being a naive, ignorant tool, I'll just come out and say what I and everyone else who has given you advice and answered your questions in this thread is thinking:

Your computer blows, strip out the only decent thing in it (your GPU) and buy a new rig.

If this was SWTOR we were talking about, I'd concede to your point. But it's not. No one else is having any problems unless they too are on a suckfest of a computer.
  • Options
    luchiferchugaluchiferchuga Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

now you are just trolling
  • Options
    xelqyplaxelqypla Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I guess your only option is to wait until the game is better optimized then.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have a 6950 and amd 965 12gb ddr3 ram at 1600mhz and a 20megabit connection. WIndows 7 64 bit, ssd
  • Options
    neolitheneolithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make sure you play in full screen, not full screen windowed. Even on my 680, I can dip pretty low while full screen windowed in heavy pop areas. I also run 2 other monitors though.
  • Options
    fishcowfishcow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bwoodlawl wrote: »
    Your computer blows
    /thread
    Everyone let this thread die and let him rage about his inability to play this game, while we enjoy it.
    (⊙ω⊙)
    Je Bus is here to save you! (⊙ω⊙)
  • Options
    sanszasansza Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the GTX 660 Ti graphics card, it's even factory overclocked on both the GPU and the graphics memory and in the area in and near the Temple of Tyr my FPS sometimes dips below the 20's.

Should I really have that low FPS with this graphics card?

Something must be wrong...

I have an older processor than you (6600, OC'd to 3.4) and a 275 GTX (both above recommended specs) and my game runs fine. Of course, runs ****ty in town but I could care less about how it runs in town.

The game doesn't look like it would require much power, but MMO's are usually more demanding, especially in area's where there are tons of players.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Im running 1920x1080 and I have everything set to minimum and it just dips, is my hardware really that terrible? Or is it just because its still buggy? I buily my computer about 2 years ago
  • Options
    fishcowfishcow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All TECH SUPPORT questions should follow by your COMPUTER'S SPEC.
    CPU
    GPU
    Mobo
    RAM
    You can find all of these by opening start menu and typing in DxDiag or on older versions Start Menu>Run>DxDiag.
    (⊙ω⊙)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Look I didn't want to come off too harsh or anything, but since you're being a naive, ignorant tool, I'll just come out and say what I and everyone else who has given you advice and answered your questions in this thread is thinking:

Your computer blows, strip out the only decent thing in it (your GPU) and buy a new rig.

If this was SWTOR we were talking about, I'd concede to your point. But it's not. No one else is having any problems unless they too are on a suckfest of a computer.

+1

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I have a 6950 and amd 965 12gb ddr3 ram at 1600mhz and a 20megabit connection. WIndows 7 64 bit, ssd

This is a decent rig. The card isn't the best tho so some of your problems are stemming from there. The 965 is also adequate and your entire rig is well balanced.

Now with that said, and having room to work with...

1)-And most important- Make sure you're running up to date drivers on your GPU and CPU.

2) Go and download PCMeter and monitor your temps.
    If temps are high, clean out your internals, get canned air, keep it upright and use short 1-3 second bursts til all dust is cleared out. Pull your GPU out of the case and make sure to give it a good blowing out. DO NOT USE YOUR LUNGS. Also, you should be doing this at least once a month regardless. More if you live near a freeway, in the country or within 5 miles of an airport or military base.

3) Answer these questions:
    How old are your components?
    What type of OC do you run, on which components and for how long?
    How many monitors are connected?

4) With 12g of ram, what type of cooling, if any, do you have? Some form of heatsink should be used with anything over 8.

5) Make sure W7 is fully updated.

Feel free to ignore 2 and 4 if you're running a liquid cooling system unless you believe temps are still high.

Also on a side note, which -should- be obvious but is often ignored. Don't run a bunch of programs at the same time, make sure you're not downloading anything, and ensure that your firewall has the proper authorizations to allow Neverwinter through.

*edit* One more question, what settings are you trying to run? I wouldn't recommend highest with this rig. Mid to Mid-high -should- be fine though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    samanthya wrote: »
    1)-And most important- Make sure you're running up to date drivers on your GPU and CPU.

I'll have to disagree on this for GPU Driver. There are times where the newer drivers just plain suck and reverting to an older version works better. It's all about trial and error.
    (⊙ω⊙)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fishcow wrote: »
    I'll have to disagree on this for GPU Driver. There are times where the newer drivers just plain suck and reverting to an older version works better. It's all about trial and error.
    (⊙ω⊙)

Especially AMD drivers, they're notorious for being terrible on release.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Especially AMD drivers, they're notorious for being terrible on release.

Haha, agreed 100%.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    samanthya wrote: »
    This is a decent rig. The card isn't the best tho so some of your problems are stemming from there. The 965 is also adequate and your entire rig is well balanced.

Now with that said, and having room to work with...

2) Go and download PCMeter and monitor your temps.
    If temps are high, clean out your internals, get canned air, keep it upright and use short 1-3 second bursts til all dust is cleared out. Pull your GPU out of the case and make sure to give it a good blowing out. DO NOT USE YOUR LUNGS. Also, you should be doing this at least once a month regardless. More if you live near a freeway, in the country or within 5 miles of an airport or military base.

3) Answer these questions:
    How old are your components?
    What type of OC do you run, on which components and for how long?
    How many monitors are connected?

4) With 12g of ram, what type of cooling, if any, do you have? Some form of heatsink should be used with anything over 8.

5) Make sure W7 is fully updated.

Feel free to ignore 2 and 4 if you're running a liquid cooling system unless you believe temps are still high.

Also on a side note, which -should- be obvious but is often ignored. Don't run a bunch of programs at the same time, make sure you're not downloading anything, and ensure that your firewall has the proper authorizations to allow Neverwinter through.

*edit* One more question, what settings are you trying to run? I wouldn't recommend highest with this rig. Mid to Mid-high -should- be fine though.

My drivers are up to date

Temps are good, built onto my motherboard is a little screen displaying them.

Memory has built in heatsinks, other than that no fan or anything.

NO OVERCLOCK AT ALL. Stock everything.

Components are 3 years old except my video card is two.

Windows is fully updated.

I tried to run at anything 1920x1080 and I cant do it I still lag then I try minimum resolution and I still lag.
  • Options
    pikavoirpikavoir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't say why, but most recent MMORPG's perform better on AMD GPU's in my experience. I run this game on a i7 920 CPU and a Radeon HD 6750 without overclocking anything, and i can run this game on highest DX11 settings without problems. I have experienced the opposite of what some of the people on here are saying in terms of nvidia vs. AMD drivers. It can be hard to say what exactly is the problem sometimes. But when it comes to the OP's problem, i have to agree, that older CPU is definitely the bottleneck.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My drivers are up to date

Temps are good, built onto my motherboard is a little screen displaying them.

Memory has built in heatsinks, other than that no fan or anything.

NO OVERCLOCK AT ALL. Stock everything.

Components are 3 years old except my video card is two.

Windows is fully updated.

I tried to run at anything 1920x1080 and I cant do it I still lag then I try minimum resolution and I still lag.
    Does the temp display show CPU/GPU too? I'd assume it only shows Mobo Temp.
    (⊙ω⊙)
  • Options
    kilyan82xkilyan82x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only have low fps in city, 25-30, rest of game minimum 40 max 60 all maxed out and dx11 version
    CPU:PHENOM II X4 965@3.9 GHZ
    MOBO:ASROCK 890GX EXTREME 3
    RAM:8GB 1600 MHZ
    SSD:SAMSUNG 830
    VGA:ASUS 560 TI DCII TOP 900/1800/2100
  • Options
    kilyan82xkilyan82x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i7 not for gaming, i5 2500k performs way better with games,i7 is just a waste of money for gaming, other question if you use the pc for something else also.
    CPU:PHENOM II X4 965@3.9 GHZ
    MOBO:ASROCK 890GX EXTREME 3
    RAM:8GB 1600 MHZ
    SSD:SAMSUNG 830
    VGA:ASUS 560 TI DCII TOP 900/1800/2100
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kilyan82x wrote: »
    i7 not for gaming, i5 2500k perfroms beter with games,i7 is just a waste of money for gaming, other question if you use the pc for something else also.

(⊙ω⊙)
    Not sure if trolling, but 0/10.
  • Options
    primejiveprimejive Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP, when you inevitably start shopping for a new CPU, make sure to check the socket type for your mobo. You may need an upgrade of more than just a CPU.

Cheers & good luck.
  • Options
    eckexeckex Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I asked earlier about meeting/exceeding recommended, because in my mind, when i see what the developer recommends, that is telling me what i need to run the game maxed out. :)

However, there is something wrong with the guys PC, i only have 4GB of ram and run a 550TI and i've had 0 issues. :)