test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Graphics performance is really sub-par and something much be wrong

Comments

• Options
    dendrobates0825dendrobates0825 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    your a funny guy, so you have a duel Core CPU and your going to tell us that the bottleneck is not your CPU?

Okay, I guess you must have skipped CPU class 101. first off dude, not all games are driven by the GPU. many are still driven by the CPU and supported by the GPU for graphics. And having a Duel Core CPU is defiantly your problem. try upgrading.

I have the exact same card you have, but the difference is my MB and CPU is a Quad Core i7 3.5 Ghz. I never experience Lag downs caused by graphics.

Gotta love how some of these kids come in and right away start blaming the game. lets not blame your own pc for issues right?
    I apologize in advance for this but it's "Dual" as in 2 not "Duel". :)
  • Options
    delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Also do you multi screen on that one card? My new rig, I left my 660 TI on a single screen, and dropped the other 3 screens on the 650. When i had 4 on the one TI card, I commonly had to drop graphics for performance. Now I can run NWO on max settings, while watching gateway, netflix, and skype/mumble without any issues to game.

Since multi screening isn't that uncommon anymore, thought it might help to mention it.
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    delgatto42 wrote: »
    Also do you multi screen on that one card? My new rig, I left my 660 TI on a single screen, and dropped the other 3 screens on the 650. When i had 4 on the one TI card, I commonly had to drop graphics for performance. Now I can run NWO on max settings, while watching gateway, netflix, and skype/mumble without any issues to game.

Since multi screening isn't that uncommon anymore, thought it might help to mention it.

No, I don't multi screen.

The 320.00 beta drivers only gave a slight improvement.

I had a steady 58 to 59 FPS in the starting area and in the city it drops to below 20 FPS.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    ascher11tascher11t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    CPU issue... hahahaha you are funny.

This game isn't graphics intense enough to bottleneck a duo core CPU.

CPU is bottlenecking your GPU. That means that the GPU can't reach it's full potential due to CPU's fault.
    I had a steady 58 to 59 FPS in the starting area and in the city it drops to below 20 FPS.

Dude, seriously? You're comparing a starting area, where there aren't many people nor NPCs, to a city, where there are tons of people and NPCs.

Upgrade your CPU, because it's a bottleneck.
  • Options
    pembspembs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Installing the game on an SSD rather than a conventional hard disk will help performance too. It won't directly help your frame rate but will reduce (or remove) the stuttering that can occur as textures and other assets are loaded into memory. For example when you swing the camera around in a heavily populated area for the first time after loading in.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pembs wrote: »
    Installing the game on an SSD rather than a conventional hard disk will help performance too. It won't directly help your frame rate but will reduce (or remove) the stuttering that can occur as textures and other assets are loaded into memory. For example when you swing the camera around in a heavily populated area for the first time after loading in.

Don't listen to this guy. SSDs are useless if you're gaming. They're only useful if you're doing video processing, and they aren't needed for gaming.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How fast is your internets ? And are you running it wirelessly ?
    Your card is more then capable for this game . Our laptop when we run it wirelessly it lags in this game . Just running a cord to the router speeds it up . Why she doesn't want to sit in the same room with me is another question . Seriously I didn't by this leather chair to wear clothes in it .
  • Options
    fishcowfishcow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ascher11t wrote: »
    Don't listen to this guy. SSDs are useless if you're gaming. They're only useful if you're doing video processing, and they aren't needed for gaming.

You're kidding right? Do you even load time?
    Je Bus is here to save you! (⊙ω⊙)
  • Options
    quick2drawquick2draw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aspoon003 wrote: »
    I will say, for a game with such bad graphics, it does seem to take a lot to run it.

The game has awesome graphics for an MMO, if you turn everything up to MAX. Especially if you run SweetFX shaders/post processing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fishcow wrote: »
    You're kidding right? Do you even load time?

Oh, you're another one those who recommends to buy a SSD for gaming. I always just laugh after seeing idiots like you.

Yes, SSDs are great for load times, but they're bloody expensive, and aren't needed for gaming.
  • Options
    loqelexloqelex Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Riiight... SSDs are great for gaming-rigs, so is a 10K Velociraptor or equivalent. SSDs aren't that good for serious video editing, for that you need Big HDs and LOTS & LOTS of RAM, preferably a RAM-disk, if you can afford it.
    Do some research.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    loqelex wrote: »
    Riiight... SSDs are great for gaming-rigs, so is a 10K Velociraptor or equivalent. SSDs aren't that good for serious video editing, for that you need Big HDs and LOTS & LOTS of RAM, preferably a RAM-disk, if you can afford it.
    Do some research.

Awww, you're so cute.
  • Options
    pwthebestpwthebest Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    vikoon wrote: »
    Way to contribute to the conversation. All you have is bad things to say about the game, so why do you bother playing it? Let alone taking the time to rip people on the forums that are enjoying the game. Back to your bridge!

Honestly, he's not really wrong. Especially when compared to a game like GW2, which seems to have bigger areas and such, graphics are better, but the system requirements are lower in GW2. With this game it just seems more of an optimization issue.
  • Options
    albiorixalbiorix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the GTX 660 Ti graphics card, it's even factory overclocked on both the GPU and the graphics memory and in the area in and near the Temple of Tyr my FPS sometimes dips below the 20's.

Should I really have that low FPS with this graphics card?

Something must be wrong...

I didn't bother reading the replies so this could be old news

My system has a crappy 460gtx 1GB at stock, HOWEVER i do have an i5 2500k @4.6GHZ and i have EVERYTHING! except AA maxed, AA is at 8X and i have had zero frame drop or lag. I am an FPS player first and an mmo player second so i know when my frames drop below 40FPS. This game is surprisingly smooth and delicious for a F2P game.
  • Options
    eckexeckex Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He meets or exceeds the recommended requirements, why would there be a bottleneck at all?
  • Options
    freekimdotcomfreekimdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh, you're another one those who recommends to buy a SSD for gaming. I always just laugh after seeing idiots like you.

Yes, SSDs are great for load times, but they're bloody expensive, and aren't needed for gaming.

I don't want to derail the topic any further but if you think load times don't matter when it comes to gaming then I feel sorry for you.
  • Options
    freekimdotcomfreekimdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    eckex wrote: »
    He meets or exceeds the recommended requirements, why would there be a bottleneck at all?

All the player models on the screen at the same time. That would be mostly the CPU's job to handle. When programmers code game engines, they tend to code back end stuff to CPU's, and not physically rendered stuff. It boggles my mind PC gamers don't know that CPU power is just as important as GPU power.
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have the GTX 660 Ti graphics card, it's even factory overclocked on both the GPU and the graphics memory and in the area in and near the Temple of Tyr my FPS sometimes dips below the 20's.

Should I really have that low FPS with this graphics card?

Something must be wrong...

100% confirm something wrong with YOUR PC!

I have 660ti also and it runs quite comfortably at 60fps (desktop refresh setting) ON MAX SETTINGS EVERYTHING!

Recommend you up you vid drivers...user error - not game error.
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have the Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0GHz.

Your talking about a 3000 CPU Mark vs 7000 to 9000 Marks on newer processors. It matters in everything and doubly in games. I have both and I'm dying to get the old one updated to a 3570K or better.
  • Options
    samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    You never mentioned how much RAM you have as well as it's speed(8g of DDR2 vs DDR3 for instance). The CPU is definitely a huge issue alone(3.0 duo core is fairly outdated when a lot of the quad cores and even 8 cores run fairly higher), but I imagine if you're running with that for your CPU your RAM has also been neglected along with your CPU.

*edit* Just read everyone else's posts.* As much you'd like it to be something else, your #1 issue is definitely the CPU. As far as SSD's go, yes, they do improve performance(sorry guy who said they don't) but not to the degree to make it worth the money unless you're one of us who has to have it simply for the fact of having it or a competitive gamer(As in you get paid for it).
  • Options
    bwoodlawlbwoodlawl Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    samanthya wrote: »
    You never mentioned how much RAM you have as well as it's speed(8g of DDR2 vs DDR3 for instance). The CPU is definitely a huge issue alone(3.0 duo core is fairly outdated when a lot of the quad cores and even 8 cores run fairly higher), but I imagine if you're running with that for your CPU your RAM has also been neglected along with your CPU.

Well if the kid doesn't think his CPU is contributing to the problem, he probably has an old MOBO that supports like 4g of RAM. Cause, in his mind, RAM doesn't matter either.

Also, el oh el at all the terrible misinformation in this thread regarding components.
  • Options
    samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    bwoodlawl wrote: »
    Well if the kid doesn't think his CPU is contributing to the problem, he probably has an old MOBO that supports like 4g of RAM. Cause, in his mind, RAM doesn't matter either.

Also, el oh el at all the terrible misinformation in this thread regarding components.

That is one huge problem with the interwebz, everyone thinks they know or can figure it out by using either wiki or other forums and wind up just passing the information along. You have 4 major affecting parts to online gaming that if one is below par causes things to bottleneck. CPU, GPU, RAM and internet speed(This includes everything related to internet speed(ie. Where the server is located in regards to your location, bandwidth, BOTH download AND upload, as well as firewalls)).

Having a very good GPU, the best bandwidth and top of the line RAM become irrelevant when running a mediocre CPU(As in the case of our OP)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    samanthya wrote: »
    That is one huge problem with the interwebz, everyone thinks they know or can figure it out by using either wiki or other forums and wind up just passing the information along. You have 4 major affecting parts to online gaming that if one is below par causes things to bottleneck. CPU, GPU, RAM and internet speed(This includes everything related to internet speed(ie. Where the server is located in regards to your location, bandwidth, BOTH download AND upload, as well as firewalls)).

Having a very good GPU, the best bandwidth and top of the line RAM become irrelevant when running a mediocre CPU(As in the case of our OP)

I exceed the recommended system requirements so something is broken with this game.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    fishcowfishcow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I exceed the recommended system requirements so something is broken with this game.

Yeah, something's broken with this game when 99% of the players doesnt have this issue. That logic.
    It's either your CPU, RAM, Mobo, GPU, or a piece of software on your computer causing the problem. If you arent willing to accept legit tech help, we're not going to bother because you're coming off as one of those people that go "Ohh it's not my computer, my Commodore 64 can most definitely run Crysis 3 on max@120FPS".
    (⊙ω⊙)
    Je Bus is here to save you! (⊙ω⊙)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fishcow wrote: »
    Yeah, something's broken with this game when 99% of the players doesnt have this issue. That logic.
    It's either your CPU, RAM, Mobo, GPU, or a piece of software on your computer causing the problem. If you arent willing to accept legit tech help, we're not going to bother because you're coming off as one of those people that go "Ohh it's not my computer, my Commodore 64 can most definitely run Crysis 3 on max@120FPS".
    (⊙ω⊙)

Where do you get this 99% figure from?
  • Options
    edited May 2013

8GB of 1066MHz DDR2 RAM should be more than enough.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Dude, just because you meet the 'recommended' settings doesn't mean squat. Because you meet the 'recommended' settings doesn't mean it's good enough to run the game at a steady 80 fps on max settings. It means you can load the game and play it, without your PC imploding/BSoD'ing all over the place. That's all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Dude, just because you meet the 'recommended' settings doesn't mean squat. Because you meet the 'recommended' settings doesn't mean it's good enough to run the game at a steady 80 fps on max settings. It means you can load the game and play it, without your PC imploding/BSoD'ing all over the place. That's all.

I exceed the recommended system requirements not failing to meet the minimum system requirements.

Get your head out of your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    8GB of 1066MHz DDR2 RAM should be more than enough.

/facepalm I give up, lost cause.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    /facepalm I give up, lost cause.

Good riddence.