test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• abnerpro1abnerpro1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    que 2k maybe i have a chance
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    loonatic37 wrote: »
    Unlike a lot of you guys here I haven't payed for anything yet so I don't have the right to really be angry (which I really think u should be). And using the beta excuse doesn't fly IMO. If you're going to sell it now then those who pay have to be able to play it now. Simple as that.

I love this game. But everything so far really sucks balls. The queue is going steadily down from 4600. Every now and then it pops up to 80k but I'm sure that's not the real number. But a queue with 4.5k in it is mental and I do believe that 4.5k is the real queue. Now after 30 mins it's at 2.5k so I'd say another 30 mins and it'll be done.

And I'm also getting the AutoPatcher error so I can only get into an hour+ long queue if I manage to get passed that error at startup. Which can sometimes take up to 15 mins.

I was planning on spending money on this game during open beta but that won't happen until all these issues are sorted and there's a working game that I will get for my money. I'm even considering forsaking this game once and for all right now but I love the actual game so much that I'll wait till official release to decide if I'll be giving them my money.

Get your finger out guys, fix the game so people who want to give u money can actually give u money.

Those who want to give them money already had 5 days head start and cash transactions have been working perfectly ever since early access.
  • lizibabalizibaba Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    20 mins and still in a q... server capacity allows only 500 people to play or what?
  • vetr0vetr0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that queue drops so slowly...
  • elrondialelrondial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats what they get for buying there servers from IKEA, sorry had to say it lmao, they broke first few hours hehe.
  • elrondialelrondial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Drops vetro yours actually dropped mine has gone up to over 160000 now if it was not so sad I would laugh.
  • skilgannon65skilgannon65 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does the Game have inactivity timer ? Ie: Kicks those that's afk for X amount of time. If not it should do
  • eyepatchdudeeyepatchdude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I can understand that Guardians feel slighted, The HOTN pack specifically mentioned priority queueing. Did you not notice that the Guardian pack made no mention of it?
    Does the Game have inactivity timer ? Ie: Kicks those that's afk for X amount of time. If not it should do
    Yes, 10 minutes inactive flags you AFK, after 15 minutes you're logged out.. Even HoTN..

This means no afk'ing at a campfire to get rid of wounds, You have to sit there and move around inside the campfire (but don't wander too far, if you leave the campfire the wound healing countdown starts all over).. Also.. the Drow racial that reduces wound heal time doesn't work, it takes the HoTN drow just as long to recover from injuries as it does everyone else...
  • jubuelzojubuelzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes sir, there is.
  • hamblygavhamblygav Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A SHORT Queue you having a laugh i like 125000 in the **** queue, i got in yesterday and this game is awesome but i not waiting all day in a queue just to play, believe it or not there still other things i could be doing with my time. i cant see many people waiting all day just to get in-game either and how come one moment i like 6k in a queue then 125k in queue.

sorry bout the **** it wasn't a curse word by the way, but i sure u can check it somehow if u like
  • nir12or21nir12or21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From 4.5k to 400... FINALLY i am about to get in.... i am waiting more than 1 hour lol, watching GOT until it will log in :P

By the way, if someone see that he is in a 10k+ q, it's a display problem it's not real, and you will see after 10-15 minutes it will come back to a more normal number.
  • arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I can say is I hope no servers are added. If they can add instances to the current servers that is fine but experience has shown that too many MMOs add too many servers at launch to cater to the whiners and those who do not have the patience and then there are too many ghost servers with a new crowd of whiners complaining about the fact that the server is empty.

Although I don't have to deal with the queues now (well, lesser queues due to HoTN pack) i would much rather have to wait a few hours at any MMO launch than have to deal with empty servers at a later time. So those of you asking for more servers I would suggest caution in these requests.

Again, I feel the best options would be adding more instances to the currently available servers (if possible) instead of adding more servers. If new servers are added I would suggest adding them 1 at a time until the maximum capacity is reached.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andrewinfloridaandrewinflorida Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sheesh. Give the guys at least two or three days to get things in order. When you order a pizza, do you all <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> your pants because it isn't at your house within 10 minutes?
    edited May 2013
    lol no but if my pizza turned up cold i would send it back
  • epmd2epmd2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im starting to feel, we the majority of ppl. are not wanted during this, what should have been for them a perfect tool/opportunity : Stress Test / Open Beta.

The Queue system obviously favors the founders, which is okay, think we all accept that. Yet, im not sure if this situation is intentional on their behalf or simply the system is hehind the queue is f.... up beyond good and there is no way they can fix it (for the OP).

Stuck for 5h yesterday, played 3min first 2x TuT Quest, back in the queue ever since... multiple that by 100 at least 100! I just hope, that at least 1x Founder who paid 200$ is having the same issues as we have to endure (F2P)...

This will happen again when the game finally goes viral with 3 shards only. Dunno what their intial intentions were by going online with 3 shards....

€dit: This probably not Cryptics fault, and more of a PW one.
    €dit: And to those : (OPEN)Beta access = Stress Test + final Bughunt... so far : NVOnline has/had the worst OBeta Launch in the MMO History. Either they are using old server hardware from the past or simply don....... (frik this, not going to reedit every post, sumtin is fishy.. having to edit every post, just because it does not remember what you have typed... nty)
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skitzo36 wrote: »
    I simply can't believe there are so many people crying about queue times. It's in BETA people. That's what BETA is for.

And that is EXACTLY why Beta Access is something that people should NEVER be expected to pay for.

Would you pay a premium fee to get your new car a month early, even though the lights wouldn't work, there'd be no reverse gear, and it only got 2mpg?

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • floowek16floowek16 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my position is 156 578. Is it normal ?
  • exiledshado0420exiledshado0420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm not really complaining, but i just hope that they get a few more servers up so that more of us can enjoy the game at one time.
    edited May 2013
    it is kinda bug... my queue went from 5k to 86k and stopped.. had to relog and then it started dropping from 5k normally..
  • mrbombaztikmrbombaztik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The sad thing is, when i get close to be 1000 in the que i get to 158123 and stays there. Happends every time. Not funny at all. And considering i payed for this game it would be fun to atleast play it. Sad :/
  • lghspd4melghspd4me Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A 165000 Queue? Is a bit ridiculous guess I might get in next year maybe? So much for trying this game
  • jamierawr1988jamierawr1988 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    don't complain, i was at 6k then it jumped up to 90k
  • eliasoneliason Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's just another launch. People want to be able to play when they get home from work, like myself, and not having to queue for over a goddamned hour just to get into a game.. This shouldn't even happen.
    Have you learned nothing from all the previous game launches?
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure why people are complaining. This seems very typical of the dev process. I hopped in queue around 5500. The queue will jump occasionally to 86000 but then go back to normal. It looks to be about 1 minute for everyone 100 and i'm down to 20 more minutes. Just go watch a dvr show, grab a bite, do something else in life while you wait.
  • hoodt0wnhoodt0wn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all the people being <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the queues may I suggest you look up a definition of the concept of an open beta.
  • dryballzdryballz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol $60.00 and another $40 in zen so far and havent been able to play since it went open beta. Whats wrong with this picture?
    edited May 2013
    it is kinda annoying bug tho.. i dropped from 5k to 2k queue, next it jumped to 86k... then again dropped to 2k and again to 86k WTF
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eliason wrote: »
    It's just another launch. People want to be able to play when they get home from work, like myself, and not having to queue for over a goddamned hour just to get into a game.. This shouldn't even happen.
    Have you learned nothing from all the previous game launches?

See the thing is it's not a launch, it's an 'Open Beta'.
    Big difference.
    edited May 2013
    what this queue mean exactly i was at 4000 a second ago now i back at 125k does that mean that 121k founders just overtook me?
    edited May 2013
    open beta doesnt mean u have to get 86k queues to join the game? there was only 1 shard during beta weekend and a lot of ppl playing - i never had queue there...
This discussion has been closed.