test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
You may experience a short queue while starting Neverwinter. This is because we are close to capacity as Neverwinter fans rush to log in and begin their adventure. However, Neverwinter Heroes of the North will jump to the front of the queue as part of their exclusive. Thanks for your patience!

Update 1: We’re aware of issues related to queues and are investigating. The abnormally high and fluctuating numbers are a display issue, and we’re working on a fix. We’ll update you with an ETA for the fix as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!
Update 2: The team is working on ways we can improve the queue and address that display error. Thank you!
Update 3: We're discussing solutions now and making sure you wait as little as possible before you play. Thanks for being so patient.
Update 4: We apologize that some players have had to wait in a queue to access Neverwinter. Our goal is to minimize the wait time as soon as possible. To accomplish this, we will be performing updates to the servers and network overnight. Please keep an eye on this page for updates - we plan to have updated information regarding our progress around 9 a.m. on Wednesday, May 1, Pacific Time.
Update 5: things are going very smoothly and we're slowly letting more people in. Currently no wait on the Beholder or Mindflayer shards, and a short wait on Dragon. We hope to have everyone in with as little wait as possible, and are ensuring that the in-game experience is smooth for all. Thank you for your patience!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dell44dell44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    What about Guardians?
  • Options
    ervoniservonis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't even get past the patcher. What is going on? I paid for this?!
  • Options
    egoboostedegoboosted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's fine....alienate the other users that still backed you and paid $60. I understand and will definitely NOT be giving you any more money after today. Thank you!

Everyone else...speak with your wallet.

Hope you can fund the game with JUST the HOTN users.
  • Options
    lmfaocookieslmfaocookies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My queue went from 18k to 29k Is that normal?
    :mad:
    sxEasVM.jpg
  • Options
    karremaniakarremania Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    What about Guardians? I'm still at 1087 :(
  • Options
    erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Joining queue would be LOVELY since i cannot even connect the patcher...
  • Options
    misterbourbonmisterbourbon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Started at 1317. Got up to get some water, sit back down and I'm at 2858.

Queues are supposed to go down, not up, FYI.
  • Options
    traieletraiele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    worse thing is the queue jumps up and down like a yoyo.. so i cant look at it and go.. ahh ok, 10 min wait, and 10 mins later i'm close.. this thing goes from 3049 -> 3338 -> 2408 -> 3339 -> 748 -> 400 (oooh soon) -> 3409 errrr????

Having paid to support the development of this game (and to provide the server farm capacity to play the game smoothly) it would seem right that founders get priority on queue.
  • Options
    aprilaiaprilai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »
    That's fine....alienate the other users that still backed you and paid $60. I understand and will definitely NOT be giving you any more money after today. Thank you!

Same here, I was actually planning on buying some Zen today for an outfit or two, but after this, I'm not dropping another penny.

I might not even play anymore honestly, since I'm still sitting here in queue jumping from postion 1,500 to 4,700.
  • Options
    thisisithisisi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Chill out people, it took me a few hours to finally log in too. Just have some patience, you should have expected some complications today with the servers being flooded.
  • Options
    lunatitchlunatitch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mine just went from ~2500 to ~5100 :/ I'm quite sure it's supposed to go down, not double.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    Joining queue would be LOVELY since i cannot even connect the patcher...

Please post launcher/patcher issues here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Updated-here.
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    dell44 wrote: »
    What about Guardians?

60 bucks is not enough for Cryptic! So they dump us in the back with the freeloaders.

I am getting a bit fed up With Cryptic. This is STO all over again!
    Expect this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for at least two weeks until enough People get fed up of Queue times and quit the game and uninstall.

I think after Three <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> launches and Three <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> treatments by Cryptic I give up on this Company.
    They sertainly won't get a single dime out of my Pocket anymore. That's for sure!

Fool me once With CO. Fool me twice With STO. And now With Neverwinter! It's strike out! :mad:
  • Options
    daed76daed76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You may experience a short queue while starting Neverwinter. This is because we are close to capacity as Neverwinter fans rush to log in and begin their adventure. However, Neverwinter Heroes of the North will jump to the front of the queue as part of their exclusive. Thanks for your patience!

open up more ****ing servers already. :mad:
  • Options
    heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The packages have been on the site for months...they clearly stated which grants VIP access and which doesn't. Not sure what all the butt hurt is about, you knew what you were buying.
  • Options
    ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The $60 pack did not have the VIP queue access that the HotN pack purchasers get. Read the items in it carefully next time ;)
  • Options
    egoboostedegoboosted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thisisi wrote: »
    Chill out people, it took me a few hours to finally log in too. Just have some patience, you should have expected some complications today with the servers being flooded.

It's only been 15-20 minutes since this has been happening....so you've waited a few hours? BS
  • Options
    demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    i cant even access the launcher... because it simply fails to launch.. heh. It keeps trying to update the launcher and i either get "Patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function" or the other one wich tells me to check my internet connection...
  • Options
    karremaniakarremania Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    thisisi wrote: »
    Says the one with Hero of the North :D The freaking irony.

Besides, this queue is up for what? 20 minutes? i call bull****.
  • Options
    vfibsuxvfibsux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited April 2013
    I agree, Guardians got shafted here and it's bull****. $60 is no small change to throw down for a free to play game.
  • Options
    aprilaiaprilai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just jumped from position 400 to 4710. I'm done with this game. Enjoy my $60 you money hungry ****s.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The packages have been on the site for months...they clearly stated which grants VIP access and which doesn't. Not sure what all the butt hurt is about, you knew what you were buying.

Oh right....so now VIP will randomly include a variety of things that weren't outlined previously. That's not only shady but it's bad business.

Like I said...vote with your wallet. This will become an exclusively free game for me now.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    128... and back at 4066.

Yeah, thats $60 right at ya folks :D
  • Options
    grtaylorgrtaylor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    aprilai wrote: »
    Of course us Guardians are shafted. We pay $60 more than moochers who are playing this game for free, and we get stuck in the same **** line as them.

Way to **** up PWE.

Odd that you are mad about this... has been stated in the packs that this was the case since they started... Oh well. Need something to ***** about I guess.
  • Options
    trickyflokitrickyfloki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Logged in, have a queue of 3020... ok understandable. 5 seconds later queue goes to 6500.... so you mean to tell me 3500 heroes of the north logged in during that 5 second period? or is the queue system just borked
  • Options
    em3kizem3kiz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Open beta first day. Of course servers are going to be destroyed. This game has got a lot of attention from a lot of people because they have been marketing the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of it. Give it a week and things will calm down. The people who dont care enough to wait will leave and everything will be back to normal.
  • Options
    naravthewanderernaravthewanderer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    just jumped form 2430 to 5525 and down to 2228 in 20 seconds ... it is a queue or a random number generator.

and back to 5525 again ... same number is suspicious.

To be fair, it was clear on the founder packs = Hero's get preferential loggin, and that wasn't on guardian, *but* I would suggest there be a queue based on:
    Heroes (1..N)
    then Guardian (N .. X)
    then Basic - the $20 pack) (X ... Z)
    then F2P players

I don't think being derogatory about those players helps anyone - if a game is available free to play, that's a reasonable usage. I am sure, given that the F2P model centre's around users enjoying themselves, and then spending on items, that PWE are aware of just how important it is they solve login/laggin ... because if the F2P community give up after a week/month etc., then I suspect the game is in real trouble.

.... 1524 in queue now.
  • Options
    riderpride81riderpride81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »

When you bought the Guardian Pack, did you not read what was in it? At no point did they ever advertise that Guardians of the North would get priority access. They're not alienating anyone, you got exactly what you paid for.
  • Options
    delonteflmdelonteflm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm a moocher because I'm playing a free game for free? Awesome logic.
  • Options
    daed76daed76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    there not going to open more ****ing servers because they want more people to buy the hero pack. bunch of ****tards..

went from queue position 3000 to now over 6000...wtf!?
This discussion has been closed.