What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    c4nt3rc4nt3r Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the post where all of us come to cry? 1 hour waiting and when got near, a crash to login screen, and in queue again. Queue at 4000+...ok, waiting, 1.75 hours later...position 90...crashed again to login, now? 8000+ position.

Conclusion. Diablo 3 gameplay is Auction House...Neverwinter gameplay is Queue

I heard this game was F2P, but seems you have to be HOTN to play (199$)
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm quite surprised that no gaming media outlet has latched onto and reported this issue yet. they do when it hits any other game.
  • Options
    citaircitair Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best one yet, I was at 2k'ish, then BLAM! 176933!!! That's at 7am EST. First off I can't imagine there are 176k people playing this game after this terrible start.

Secondly, as a paying customer, some queue hoping may be in order. Or at least a post on what they plan to do to appease those of us who did pay for this. Worst release since SimCity...
  • Options
    darelsteilzzdarelsteilzz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never seen a game with bigger que problems than this one wich dont seem to be fixed...i think il drop this game..
  • Options
    sugram84sugram84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    today i entered in game new that its live & what i see? Queue over 8000 WTF, it shod be like this if server can hold example max 100000 people then only 10000 people can create char in 1 that server not 108000 chars that what cause the problem that more people create chars in 1 server then server can handle & others need to W8, it not order but chaos, they need to make more servers instead allowing to create 2menay chars in 1 server!!! its not order its chaos!!! BDW that's how i wold do things so people tont need to W8 on Queue!!! well i'm not gonna W8, i'l play something else instead until its fixed somehow, & if some of u say it will never happen, then i say i will never play it!!!

NW Alpha Tester

they shod do server system like in cabal online, in here example like world 1 = Server 1
    Server 2
    Server3
    Server 4

World 2 = Server 1
    Server 2
    Server3
    Server 4

its just a example so i did not give names to example servers :) char that is in 1 world can go in meany servers, if 1 is full he can enter another server :), cabal has 2 or 3 world's & 20+ servers in each world, it softens the problem until again 2meany players make char in 1 world
  • Options
    sirrexussirrexus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well I planned on checking out this game for a month while I wait for FFXIV ARR, but with all the login problems ill just go play something else. should have expected as much though considering how cheap most of perfect worlds games are
  • Options
    powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a convenient sticky located at the top of the general forum you should be looking at instead of making a silly thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eternalpietyeternalpiety Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mgloeckler wrote: »
    Well... it IS still in "BETA" so I guess hiccups are to be expected... frustrating as all Hell though...

thats may be true, but i played in beta3 and it was running flawlessly for me, so recommended to all my freinds, some of who paid the $200. every patch since seems to have broken the game more.
  • Options
    demandred1980demandred1980 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    an 8000+ queue, or any queue, at 5am (cst) in the morning? To fix the lag they limited the game to 100 people logged in at a time?

Edit: oh wow, I know its a bug but omg -

2Xny07S.jpg
  • Options
    narryhipplesnarryhipples Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I queue up and get thrown back to the login screen after 20 mins. After I log in again, my position is reset. This has happened 4 times now...

Am i the only one?
  • Options
    sugram84sugram84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    powersoul wrote: »
    There's a convenient sticky located at the top of the general forum you should be looking at instead of making a silly thread.

what u mean convenient sticky located at the top of the general forum, ton't get it, maybe u could explain it a bit
  • Options
    amalyndaamalynda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    my only issue with this whole mess is that all 3 founders packs should provide vip access.

unlike other f2p games with queues there is no subscription fee option at all here. no other way to get vip access outside of that 200 dollar package.

if perfect world/cryptic does not reverse themselves on this then a lot of their customers will want refunds. if the company balks at refunds they have to realize that paying for a service and not receiving said service is sufficient grounds to dispute a credit card charge.

Maybe they could've made some sort of graduated queue jump. Like, the bottom tier founder pack would get jumped to #1000 in queue, the middle tier founder pack gets jumped to #100 in queue... I dunno how the mechanics of that would work, how the system would know to bump a non-founder down the queue, etc...

As others have said, it was clearly stated in the founder pack descriptions that only the HotN pack would get VIP queue-jump. GoN get companions and mounts and items that HotN don't get. Should we all get on the forums and whine and kvetch about how PWE and Cryptic screwed us? "We paid over 3x as much as the GoN founders, and 10x as much as the NSK people! We should get everything the first two tiers got AND MORE, dangit!" See how silly that looked? Yeah, that's what all the queue-crying GoN and NSK posts look like.

PWE/Cryptic is NOT going to "reverse themselves", and complaining that you didn't get something that was never promised in the first place is not sufficient grounds for a refund. What, you became interested in a MMO and thought there WOULDN'T be queues at launch? What are you, new to online gaming? EVERY. SINGLE. FARKING. MMO in the last 10+ years has had queues. DDO, DAoC, WoW, Tera, SWTOR, SWG, etc. Suck it up, Princess. Or ragequit back to WoW.
  • Options
    xenogias1xenogias1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why didn't you look at the very first sticky topic? I was thinking the same thing and went looking for information (which gee was right at the top) before I posted anything. Now, if its not fixed after this update today I'll be right along side of you.
  • Options
    chrysachrysa Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, I didn't pay a jack cent to get into beta and play this game and I have to agree with the Founder group that they should all have priority over me in line. But I resent the comments I keep seeing from payers who insult and belittle the F2P crowd for enjoying a Free to Play game. I can only assume these same people tear up their money and toss it in the garbage before they play any other F2P game, or engage in any other free activities, because only someone whom has spent 60 odd bucks on their slice of entertainment is worth anything.

Those who spent money ahead of time deserve a reward for having faith in the game - yes. But the people who saved their money to buy the things they want piece by piece in the game have as much right to play the product as anyone; if they didn't, the company wouldn't have offered an open beta.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Contrary to popular belief, jumping to the front of the queue, does not mean you get to the front of the queue, if 10,000 people were all to have VIP queue jumping ability, but no room in game, then they'd still be made to wait..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stickies are important threads usually made by forum moderators that have key information for players. Usually if there is a widespread problem you can find information regarding it by looking at the stickies. In your case, a thread title that has something to do with the queue would be best for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sugram84 wrote: »
    what u mean convenient sticky located at the top of the general forum, ton't get it, maybe u could explain it a bit

I hope ur a troll for your sake.lol
  • Options
    dliramothdliramoth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't affect my decision to play the game, or not, but i am 100% sure that you guys are losing players on this.
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amalynda wrote: »
    Maybe they could've made some sort of graduated queue jump. Like, the bottom tier founder pack would get jumped to #1000 in queue, the middle tier founder pack gets jumped to #100 in queue... I dunno how the mechanics of that would work, how the system would know to bump a non-founder down the queue, etc...

As others have said, it was clearly stated in the founder pack descriptions that only the HotN pack would get VIP queue-jump. GoN get companions and mounts and items that HotN don't get. Should we all get on the forums and whine and kvetch about how PWE and Cryptic screwed us? "We paid over 3x as much as the GoN founders, and 10x as much as the NSK people! We should get everything the first two tiers got AND MORE, dangit!" See how silly that looked? Yeah, that's what all the queue-crying GoN and NSK posts look like.

PWE/Cryptic is NOT going to "reverse themselves", and complaining that you didn't get something that was never promised in the first place is not sufficient grounds for a refund. What, you became interested in a MMO and thought there WOULDN'T be queues at launch? What are you, new to online gaming? EVERY. SINGLE. FARKING. MMO in the last 10+ years has had queues. DDO, DAoC, WoW, Tera, SWTOR, SWG, etc. Suck it up, Princess. Or ragequit back to WoW.

i'm sorry but even at the height of wow's popularity the game never had 3 hour queue's. at most it was 10 minutes.

the queue's alone aren't the only issue here. you can get passed the queue but run into an unplayable game due to server side lag. this is for all intents and purposes a service that you can not access, nor can you access the virtual goods you paid for becaus they are tied to that service.

regardless of what your opinion on that may be, it IS sufficient grounds for a claim to be made.

btw it's 4:20 am pst. i've been in the queue since 2:30am pst. any reasonable person would find this unreasonable.
  • Options
    amalyndaamalynda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Never seen a game with bigger que problems than this one wich dont seem to be fixed...i think il drop this game..

hahahahahahahaha!

Oh wait, you were serious? Let me laugh harder.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

"Never seen a game with bigger que* problems than this one wich* dont* seem to be fixed"

You must not have played very many MMOs on launch then.
  • Options
    clownshockclownshock Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Que 178509 :O new record
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    I hope ur a troll for your sake.lol

Unfortunately, you can never be sure on the Internet. There's as much ignorance as there is trolling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Actually all your other posts are about putting down this game and naming another game as better. Go from here and never be seen again troll. Just check his history of posts.
  • Options
    jens60jens60 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Que 365689 :O I have the record O_o
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    amalynda wrote: »
    hahahahahahahaha!

Oh wait, you were serious? Let me laugh harder.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

"Never seen a game with bigger que* problems than this one wich* dont* seem to be fixed"

You must not have played very many MMOs on launch then.

except he's correct and you are blowing out of proportion the queue issues previous mmorpgs had. at no time on proudmoore from beta until cataclysm did i have a queue during prime time last more than 10 minutes. proudmoore was the 2nd most populated server and had no less than 4 free transfers before the paid transfer system was implemented during vanilla.

and that was 9 years ago. server tech has advanced quite a bit since then and costs have gone down, not up. for any mmorpg to launch with this issue 9 years after wow made news with it is inexcuseable. 10, 20 min queue? sure. 2 hours? unacceptable. 2 hours for people who paid in advance? absurd.
  • Options
    demandred1980demandred1980 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regardless of that sticky... why is there a queue so early in the morning on all 3 servers? I've been in queue for 27 minutes now and that is just ridiculous for the time of day it is.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    i'm sorry but even at the height of wow's popularity the game never had 3 hour queue's. at most it was 10 minutes.

the queue's alone aren't the only issue here. you can get passed the queue but run into an unplayable game due to server side lag. this is for all intents and purposes a service that you can not access, nor can you access the virtual goods you paid for becaus they are tied to that service.

regardless of what your opinion on that may be, it IS sufficient grounds for a claim to be made.

I'm in, and not seeing "unplayable game due to server side lag". Occasional rubber-banding (and only in Protector's Enclave) hardly makes the game "unplayable".

Good luck with your credit card charge reversal.
  • Options
    clownshockclownshock Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    holy fck :D
  • Options
    symonhumbleuksymonhumbleuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    guardian at queue 97k, thanks, really glad i supported the devs now... :|
    My Web: http://www.symonator.net
    Toons:
    New: CW Level 60
    GF = Level 60
    DC = Level 60
    TR = Level 60
  • Options
    rhubarb69rhubarb69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wooowh, 34 mins cued position 1021. im so glad i was a guardian. i was so hoping my first post was about a build or crafting but now 1 minute later position 175551. shaka when the walls fell !
This discussion has been closed.