test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    hunterklyehunterklye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Which means you didnt pay a dime. i paid 60 bucks to help support Cyrptic. Let me know how awesome the game is hwn you pay to plau but can and some one who doesnt pay gets to play.
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    synther1 wrote: »
    No. And the problem with the state countries are in right now is entirely because of people that have an attitude like this. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being pissed off that you spent upwards of $200 and the company you paid it to just screwed you over on the day that your expected product was to be available. That you are ok with getting screwed over is pathetic. The people with half of a brain cell are legitimately pissed off and rightly so.

This!

They have only 3 shards and they were already pretty much packed the last days With Founder People only!
    They knew darn well that there would a huge influx of New players joining the game when they opened the flood gates yesterday!

And what did they do? NOTHING! Not a single thing! They just enabled the old buggy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Queue system from STO and now let People rot in a Queue!

They know the People that were willing to pony up Money for this game, already did... so now they already got Your Money.... they no longer care you have to rot in a Queue for the coming weeks, until enough (freeloader) People get fed up and quit the game to reduce the Queue by itself.

Everyone that experienced STO launch and STO F2P launch knows what Cryptic is like and how they mishandle their customers.
  • Options
    rukurairukurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No. And the problem with the state countries are in right now is entirely because of people that have an attitude like this. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being pissed off that you spent upwards of $200 and the company you paid it to just screwed you over on the day that your expected product was to be available. That you are ok with getting screwed over is pathetic. The people with half of a brain cell are legitimately pissed off and rightly so.

@ Hunter... actually if you read you will see that I posted I HAVE been playing the last three days. That's a $60 founder's pack. And yes, I have complained, but it was based on real life situation... like a job or bill or something that mattered. This is a game. My free time. My extra money. It's not the first game I've tried and put money into and I only put money into it after I played the closed beta. I knew there were bugs in it. Didn't you? This is supposed to be fun and if you are stressing over something the first day without giving time to have it repaired. Give yourself a break. Don't have a heart attack over it from stress, man.

This is a good game if people give them the time to fix things.
    Where I sit, Nightingales sing on a Shooting Star, Spirits in the Leaves sink and rise,
    The Fish leap the Dancing Rocks In the Tumult of a Sacred River, Forests spring ancient as Hills.
  • Options
    zolasuwarozolasuwaro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played up to 5+ MMO releases, every time there is a queue the first day's cause of the amount of people. Most people even aren't able to play cause the Server die under the amount of player. Simply calm down god ****.... <_> I waited in Tera (pay to play) HOURS to play within a queue as well, there were just so many players. It's freaking NORMAL for release of any kind to public.

They need to invest tons of money to catch up player input, for the Servers such a huge amount of players trying to log in at the same time is like a freaking DDOS attack. Which is a reason why most other Game Servers from less big Company's usually just crash and become unplayable for everyone. (Blizzard and EA included)

There are a lot of factors that needs to be considered, like Bandwidth and Hardware that catches up with the amount of players trying to play. They split already the Server into 3 to lower the Force of players trying to log in and the Server kept up, which is impressive on my end considering the amount of Players such release usually gets.

Keep the above in mind.

Sincerely,

Zola Suwaro
  • Options
    qwey77qwey77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I started at 1600 in the queue and now I am at 124000. Last night the game had so much lagg that I couldnt play. Happy guardian founder.
  • Options
    synther1synther1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zolasuwaro wrote: »
    I played up to 5+ MMO releases, every time there is a queue the first day's cause of the amount of people. Most people even aren't able to play cause the Server die under the amount of player. Simply calm down god ****.... <_> I waited in Tera (pay to play) HOURS to play within a queue as well, there were just so many players. It's freaking NORMAL for release of any kind to public.

They need to invest tons of money to catch up player input, for the Servers such a huge amount of players trying to log in at the same time is like a freaking DDOS attack. Which is a reason why most other Game Servers from less big Company's usually just crash and become unplayable for everyone. (Blizzard and EA included)

There are a lot of factors that needs to be considered, like Bandwidth and Hardware that catches up with the amount of players trying to play. They split already the Server into 3 to lower the Force of players trying to log in and the Server kept up, which is impressive on my end considering the amount of Players such release usually gets.

Keep the above in mind.

Sincerely,

Zola Suwaro

And every single reason you stated could have been eliminated completely if they hadn't done a halfassed beta to begin with. Every. Single. One. Why is it that everytime a developer comes out with a new online game they act like they're the first ones to ever do such a thing and they have to reinvent the wheel every time? Are you trying to tell me that Cryptic had no clue that this would be a huge disaster after having put out three previous MMOs, all of which had terrible launches? Is it somehow an industry standard to just ignore the issues that literally every other company before them has had because they have the same policy of reinventing the wheel each and every time? Is there not a single brain among the production and IT staff for these game companies that can think ahead just a little bit?
  • Options
    gamercygamercy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    I think they should add a new server ... maybe have NA one server and EU on other that way no waiting? unless they did neverwinter like STO ..

I hope this doesn't go on all the time :(
  • Options
    remusssssremusssss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what is this from 1300 to 125070
    i don't want to complain but a queue srsly ?
    yesterday i've played 4 hours the game has working good (after the lag fix) and now this ?
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Member Posts: 2,617 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No troll intended, I'm cool waiting, but respectfully: You used the champions online instancing, didn't you? Was a time it'd spawn new shards when populations hit a certain level. But, they redid em, and after that it wanted to fill up the shard completely before trying to instance.

In a game that involves as many instanced dungeons as NW does, I can't imagine the havoc this is playing on your server, trying to completely fill before spawning. I'm just spitballing here, but is that the case?

There were times even in f2p that CO got over 30 instances going in Millennium City at the same time. I can't imagine your current queue issue isn't connected with any fix they put out there to cut back those numbers. :)

Either way, looking forward to playing!
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    zolasuwarozolasuwaro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And every single reason you stated could have been eliminated completely if they hadn't done a halfassed beta to begin with. Every. Single. One. Why is it that everytime a developer comes out with a new online game they act like they're the first ones to ever do such a thing and they have to reinvent the wheel every time? Are you trying to tell me that Cryptic had no clue that this would be a huge disaster after having put out three previous MMOs, all of which had terrible launches? Is it somehow an industry standard to just ignore the issues that literally every other company before them has had because they have the same policy of reinventing the wheel each and every time? Is there not a single brain among the production and IT staff for these game companies that can think ahead just a little bit?

It's not about "No clue" but about the Money, all the Infrastructure is **** expensive and they can't just buy it and have a massive player drop after a month after bought a freaking amount of Servers for the purpose of log in. They probably knew that there will be a lot of response, but the direct reason is only with them.

Most company's though won't buy the Hardware to handle the storm right ahead, cause of the Money that might be wasted on lower amount of players remaining. It's Business after all!

Sincerely,

Zola Suwaro

EDIT:
    remusssss wrote: »
    yesterday i've played 4 hours the game has working good (after the lag fix) and now this ?

On the First post of this thread they stated already within an update, that the Queue number is bugged right now and may display a wrong number.
  • Options
    phiktionalphiktional Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    remusssss wrote: »

Have you actually read the OP? Please go read it if you have not.
  • Options
    despicable12despicable12 Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2013
    After waiting for all queue when to enter game 2 times cryptic fatal error this is a joke xD
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    For those missing out that they actually update the first post:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?164751-Are-you-in-a-queue-Read-this-first!

They are working on solution.
  • Options
    diplomat31diplomat31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Open Beta. Go sit on the pot and read you DM Guide for a bit...
  • Options
    synther1synther1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After waiting for all queue when to enter game 2 times cryptic fatal error this is a joke xD

Don't worry. Cryptic will fix it just like they fixed all the absolutely game breaking bugs in STO after 3 years....oh wait....
  • Options
    pandora007pandora007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    The point was made in reference to the sentiment expressed by majority of the founders here. You do not represent the majority so can in no way speak for what is common practice. I did not think I would need to spell out that not everyone is the same, nothing is without its exceptions. Generally, that is how subbers behave and Generally, that's how the people who bought founders packs felt, a false sense of entitlement.
  • Options
    ucucciferucuccifer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zolasuwaro wrote: »
    For those missing out that they actually update the first post:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?164751-Are-you-in-a-queue-Read-this-first!

They are working on solution.

Only solution in queue is add moar server ..
  • Options
    deadcaterpillardeadcaterpillar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been in the queue for a couple of hours now
    It keeps going down to ~1500 and then ~240 and then suddenly goes up to ~69k
    And then starts slowly decending again.

I've let my computer stay on while I went to sleep. And I come back 6 hours later STILL IN THE QUEUE.
  • Options
    zadowwzadoww Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't we just trial the "Heroes of the North" as heretics and go all medieval on there asses so they stop rubbing it in our faces?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Can't say they don't fix, they released already a nearly every day a patch to found issues so far. So they seem at least to FIX patches instead of letting them live like other games I know.
  • Options
    tanstaaflautanstaaflau Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The excessive waiting for the queue stopped me from spending money on any founder packs. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    krowbarrkrowbarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you wanted one you would've bought one by now...cheap excuse
  • Options
    sharpyscssharpyscs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No tanstaaflau, you are not the only one. Broken launcher, impossible lag last night, unending queue today... there are closed beta issues.
  • Options
    ucucciferucuccifer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im passed from 141 in queue to 131121 wot da fak :D
  • Options
    gralha14gralha14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lmao so i login and theres a queue of 2k already it does down like 500 then, it goes to 100k. is there even 100k ppl tryin to login?
  • Options
    allen244allen244 Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    wow this **** is disappointing I been waiting forever n this queue going up instead of going down im out bak to dota2
  • Options
    priest612priest612 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have guardian pack and i am at position 133009 soooooooo my 'early beta start' begins when? in a week? :p
  • Options
    olgar1olgar1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Short queuing time?!!! WTF!!!
  • Options
    magsterdkmagsterdk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What only HOTN users gets up in front of Non founding members thanks for your 60$ now get lost is that it ??
  • Options
    draggonwolfsdraggonwolfs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    priest612 wrote: »
    i have guardian pack and i am at position 133009 soooooooo my 'early beta start' begins when? in a week? :p

The 'early beta start' started on the 27th for Guardian pack, right now it is open to the public to play the game. I do not understand why you guys are complaining so much, I have seen way worse queues than this with WoW especially when they release a new expansion. And, there was quite a queue for SWToR and for GW2 when they got released. But, they thing is that this game is free to play so there will be a lot of people trying to play the game.
This discussion has been closed.