Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    asfsadfhkljasfsadfhklj Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aldelbert wrote: »
    As a Hero of the North member, I'm very glad that PW forum mods are putting their boots down on freeloading guardian whiners and the poor people whining. It was stated time and time again that $200 would put you ahead of queue times. Broke people need to close their mouths or pony up some cash. It's that simple.

Heroes of the North are Heroes in the game and outside of it. All of you poor people should get down and thank us for providing the funding for your gaming experience.

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?
  • Options
    grtaylorgrtaylor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »
    It's more the fact that it's unlikely that there's 20,000 HOTN. My queue has gone up over 20,000 points. Again, I call bs.

Well to your calling bs, if you read more of the start of this thread you will see that the numbers don't mean anything. It was stated by an admin to something along that same line. It was also stated that they are working on a fix for the log in so calm down give it a day or so for this BETA game and we will all be ok.
  • Options
    vangiang24vangiang24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Queue position: 83613. ROFL LMAO.
  • Options
    terrell396terrell396 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yeah and look what ur 200dollars got u a wait in line were poor because we didnt pay ? right sure rich boy this game is free to play u can shove your 200 dollars were the sun dont shine
  • Options
    pandora007pandora007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    As long as people buy their ****, their methods will always be vindicated in their eyes. It is sad but that's the truth of the world. The people who spend money on founders packs have a false sense of entitlement because they spent money, similar to the arrogance displayed by all subbers in games with both f2p and p2p systems *cough SWTOR cough*. That same entitlement can be seen across the entire F2P market where people feel justified in making persons PAY to test their game for them. As long as people are willing to pay there will always be those willing to exploit and the proliferation of paid beta invitations are just the start.
  • Options
    dicehounddicehound Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As a Hero of the North member, I'm very glad that PW forum mods are putting their boots down on freeloading guardian whiners and the poor people whining. It was stated time and time again that $200 would put you ahead of queue times. Broke people need to close their mouths or pony up some cash. It's that simple.

Heroes of the North are Heroes in the game and outside of it. All of you poor people should get down and thank us for providing the funding for your gaming experience.

I'd feel a lot better about waiting in queue if they gave me the items I DID pay for. Which they didn't. A common problem among Guardian members that they still haven't addressed for weeks.
  • Options
    synther1synther1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Can you be more sanctimonious? I'm glad you think you're a "heroe in the game and outside of it," for wasting your money on yet another epic Cryptic failure to launch event. Huge hint...even those sanctimonious heroes are stuck in nearly never ending queus. So evidently even those that could pony up the cash are getting boned in this ridiculous mess.
  • Options
    jagoritannajagoritanna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    Folks- Games aren't made out of the kindness of the hearts of developers. They're made by companies. Companies who have to make projections based on sales to accommodate those who are willing to pay for it. I get it, we're in a society of instant gratification, and moreover one that lacks accountability. So for those who haven't paid a cent, and don't intend to - if you're offended by the fact that you're not getting priority placement on the servers? Too bad, so sad.

Also many of you have commented on the "release"... it hasn't exactly been released yet. This is open beta. Welcome. For those who haven't been in one of these before, perhaps you'll learn this is to be expected. The zOMFG Just like D3! nubs, seriously you're going to have to accept that you haven't paid anything, or done anything for that matter, and that this is a beta. BETA.
  • Options
    kraivemoarkraivemoar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013

You forgot the third option forget this game and move on. Then sit back and watch the F2P "apocalypse"
  • Options
    pwthebestpwthebest Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2013

Buyers remorse lol
  • Options
    rammurrammur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20
    edited April 2013
    Actually guardians did get ahead of the like like freakin 5 days ago they had their early start so that argument is invalid.
  • Options
    shadow71shadow71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited April 2013
    But you didn't PAY for the privilege to jump the queue so what are you *****ing about, your inability to get something you decided not to pay for?

As for all the "IT Experts" talking about how they only have 3 servers, get a clue, they have 3 "Shards" or instances of the environment, these would be clusters not single instance servers.

The sense of entitlement of some people. OMG I have to wait to play a game! No you don't have to wait but you choose to. If its as bad as you say then why bother come back when the game is "RELEASED" and not in Beta, even if it is purely a marketing term.

Actually I think most people are tired of people like you who seem to not even understand that no matter what they are running they should have thought about this problem before the game was released not after the fact. It is not like Cryptic nor PWI is new to this and besides this issue will go on for a bit (believe me) it is the exact same problem that happened with Star Trek online when it was released from beta to live. That in itself should have been a history test for Cryptic, and this problem would not even be here if they actually just went ahead instead of being greedy and charged people a buy to play game and still added their little store ingame and stress test this problem in CB. The problem pal is that during CB there wasn't a problem but when you have a game like this that has a rich history plus a heavy fan base they SHOULD have known this would happen way ahead of time.
  • Options
    kenjukunkenjukun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No one's obligated or entitled to do anything for someone who already paid 200 for this game. We are all here to enjoy the game and play it whenever we get there. You also can't really call a guardian a freeloader if they paid cash for the game as well. It's everyone's free will and choice if they wanted to, and you can't lump in everyone's reason for not doing so as being cheap or broke. I'm not even upset about the queue anymore, it just feels like there will be a huge separation in the playerbase now over this. Then again this thread is just souring everyone's mood.
  • Options
    sinbornsinborn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If something breaks, it must be a conspiracy.
  • Options
    mahtchkamahtchka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still 84520 in queue...
    Will try again tomorrow.
    GUARDIAN OF NEVERWINTER :rolleyes:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    diamondketodiamondketo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Actually considering Perfect World it isn't much of a conspiracy than the truth. Their reputations is they are greedy and make their game seem not like P2W but there are a lot of cash everything.

Check my signature if you want to know more about their reputation.
  • Options
    craftchest72craftchest72 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So best thing to do is wait and play some other time i suppose. I aint waiting 67128 in que f that.
  • Options
    subway7850subway7850 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    shadow71 wrote: »
    Actually I think most people are tired of people like you who seem to not even understand that no matter what they are running they should have thought about this problem before the game was released not after the fact. It is not like Cryptic nor PWI is new to this and besides this issue will go on for a bit (believe me) it is the exact same problem that happened with Star Trek online when it was released from beta to live. That in itself should have been a history test for Cryptic, and this problem would not even be here if they actually just went ahead instead of being greedy and charged people a buy to play game and still added their little store ingame and stress test this problem in CB. The problem pal is that during CB there wasn't a problem but when you have a game like this that has a rich history plus a heavy fan base they SHOULD have known this would happen way ahead of time.

Every new MMO open beta/launch has its problems.. get over it..

see this as their biggest server stress test ever.. open beta is still beta.
  • Options
    mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OK .. as a founder this is just bollocks. This should've been thought of ahead of time, it's not uncommon. So people like me now feel duped, paying for early access to a game that now we have to wait ages to even get into with people who paid nothing. And yeah, 'short wait' in the queue? Lmao, yeah right .. have you seen the numbers???

This has to be a joke, or inept planning.

Not happy at all.
  • Options
    gumbynotalentgumbynotalent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    shadow71 wrote: »
    Actually I think most people are tired of people like you who seem to not even understand that no matter what they are running they should have thought about this problem before the game was released not after the fact.

I'm pretty sure that they did think about it before the game was released, and their figures based on sales of founder packs would have been a factor. If it was me I too would have understated the investment for "Shards" if the sales of founder packs was lower then expected. You obviously believe that PWE and Cryptic have deliberately sabotaged the release of what could be a cash cow for them, because thats how business works. ;)
  • Options
    nemesiswarlocknemesiswarlock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We have to understand that this game is in beta and there are going to be growing pains that come along with it. As far as the HotN and Guardian users, it clearly states in the founders packages that HotN users will have VIP access. There is the difference of 130.00 between the two and those that can/could afford it should have VIP access to the front of the line.

The game is free to play and with all free to play games there are going to be differences (perks) for those who paid to help the developers and show support versus those who don't. As for the Guardians you get unique items also but the choice, if you wanted shorter queues, should have been the HotN package.
  • Options
    itchen91itchen91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well I still love the game granted the queue bites. How ever at least i can make sure my crafting keeps going, not to mention it is day 1 of open "beta" i personally got a really nice fill on my GWF. so FOR NOW i will go through my 6 day work week and when im off again for three days then i might be a bit upset over these "queues"
  • Options
    quinas3quinas3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Most entertaining soft launch in months!
  • Options
    c19pc19p Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mackeh wrote: »
    OK .. as a founder this is just bollocks. This should've been thought of ahead of time, it's not uncommon. So people like me now feel duped, paying for early access to a game that now we have to wait ages to even get into with people who paid nothing. And yeah, 'short wait' in the queue? Lmao, yeah right .. have you seen the numbers???

Not happy at all.
    you really think you are special because you re founder?buy their company or become their CEO that what make you special.......
  • Options
    zastosmaratezastosmarate Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You guys are lucky. I am 87532...
  • Options
    mirrorloremirrorlore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The question i have is what did the SILVER VIP logo mean for the guardians? There was a gold for the Heroes and a silver for the guardians. I think we should at least get put in the que behind the heroes and ahead of the free people
  • Options
    albinatekla94albinatekla94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mackeh wrote: »

Not happy at all.

This happens with all new free to play games. You know what you were getting yourself into. You're the one who chose to throw money at this game. We're all just gamers trying to get into this game. Chill out.
  • Options
    shadow71shadow71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited April 2013
    subway7850 wrote: »
    Every new MMO open beta/launch has its problems.. get over it..

see this as their biggest server stress test ever.. open beta is still beta.
    You know I have heard that tired line over and over again over the years there are plenty of MMOs that didn't go through a horrid launch out there. I guess you didn't even bother to read what I said before you started jabbing at it with you little one liner. And by the way what is the difference between this Open Beta and Live? Nothing... So as evident we are actually Live in this game with an Open Beta name to it... Believe it or not pal this is no Open Beta we are Live... Real Open Beta still have a limited amount of people not just everyone who wants to download.
  • Options
    kylewlkylewl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    From someone who has worked on beta games and played many, I get the feeling the major number jumping in the queues is from an error in coding. When it shows 5x,<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> its actually showing the number of all 3 servers and when it jumps up 1000 spots maybe its the count from another server? I noticed in general my queue continually went down like so 7200---6800---53400---5600---4800---53350 and so on. but within 30-45 mins i was in.
  • Options
    mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As far as the HotN and Guardian users, it clearly states in the founders packages that HotN users will have VIP access. There is the difference of 130.00 between the two and those that can/could afford it should have VIP access to the front of the line.

Great .. so I could only afford the Guardian pack (and followed the game's development for a very long time), and now I wait with every other chump? That's total nonsense .. if people pre-ordered, regardless of their pack, they should be given preferential treatment over those paying nothing. If you believe otherwise then I totally disagree, the difference isn't between the HotN and Guardian pack, which you clearly misunderstand .. it's between the Guardian and open beta users.
This discussion has been closed.