test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• mirrorloremirrorlore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    also why doesnt my name show as a guardian and just as a pwe user?
  • mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This happens with all new free to play games. You know what you were getting yourself into. You're the one who chose to throw money at this game. We're all just gamers trying to get into this game. Chill out.

Yeah you're right .. I like paying money for something I can't play when I want to. Silly me ..
  • kelzlolkelzlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    BTW do not try to log on another toon. Great work devs... gonna give this a month of life time.
  • netrunner1701netrunner1701 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Queue position 55554....

I was actually starting to enjoy the game till I got home to login to see this amazing queue number....

Is the game even playable when you do get on?
  • vorphevorphe Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    mackeh wrote: »
    Great .. so I could only afford the Guardian pack (and followed the game's development for a very long time), and now I wait with every other chump?

Yeah that's right...chump :p
  • khroger1khroger1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This just means people are playing. Great news in my book!
  • kczeykczey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think my sitting here for an hour in a ****ing que is bull****... I paid 60 bucks to a F2P game and can't even get in under 30 minutes. What a joke. This first day soft launch is worse than Diablo 3... I spent the same amount on it, but at least you could show consideration to those that supposed this project... Anyway you look at it, we bought in to a game for bonuses, and the least you can do is give us priority in this ridiculously long line of standard F2P users.
  • shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    andervin wrote: »
    So, some mod dip**** seems to think this is where I should go for info on queues... to a 110 page thread. lol, are you high?

No, they mean for you to read the original post and continue to watch the original post for updates.
    shautrusig.jpg
  • sandanglotkasandanglotka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It probably jumps up because the HOTN users are connecting and moving to the front fo the queue, thus moving you back down.
    Soldiers live. And wonder why.
  • ringosunringosun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "sigh".....can anyone here get me into Elderscrolls online beta perhaps?? ;)
  • shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mirrorlore wrote: »
    also why doesnt my name show as a guardian and just as a pwe user?

Use the User CP to set it up.
    shautrusig.jpg
  • slugvenomslugvenom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Long queue's are the bane of every MMO launch. It happens.. It will settle down, they will work on it.

I agree that people who pay for the game should get some benefit in logging in. I think those that forked out $200 should go in immediately and not have a to wait. I think the $60 players should be front of the queue and then the $20 players. FTP players who have not paid should be the last in the queue.
  • chrisjoochrisjoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I would love to be in a Q, at least then i would know something is happening. Bombing out at launcher stage....Been playing for three days, now pretty frustrated.
  • mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vorphe wrote: »
    Yeah that's right...chump :p

Awesome input, what a valuable contribution to the conversation. I doubt Perfect World wanted people to actually feel duped ..

So much for feeding back ..

And ..
    slugvenom wrote: »
    Long queue's are the bane of every MMO launch. It happens.. It will settle down, they will work on it.

I agree that people who pay for the game should get some benefit in logging in. I think those that forked out $200 should go in immediately and not have a to wait. I think the $60 players should be front of the queue and then the $20 players. FTP players who have not paid should be the last in the queue.

.. that makes much more sense tbh.
  • deathreaper4udeathreaper4u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    thisisi wrote: »
    Chill out people, it took me a few hours to finally log in too. Just have some patience, you should have expected some complications today with the servers being flooded.

people have reason to be upset,, all the long time expierenced 20 yr gamers including myself warned the developers that 3 servers is a joke for opening day,, and repeatedly hundreds commented the same yet the developers ignored this,

it was beyond IDIOTIC to start this open beta with 3 servers,,, whoever was in charge of LOAD CALULATION SHOULD BE FIRED
    then FIRED AGAIN,, they have no idea what they are doing,, 8 servers are needed MINUMUM..
    COME WITH ME !
  • ruthynruthyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can understand people who have paid being a bit upset about not being able to play immediately, but you get other perks by paying also (you played early for example and get a companion).

This is the first day of open beta and I am really saddened that there are so many complaints whether you paid or not. I am sure in a day or two things will have settled down and the designers will have found the correct server size to allow the maximum numbers to play. They seem to be dealing with issues relatively quickly and are actively keeping is up to date. Now if in a week there are still major issues then maybe people will have a right to complain.
  • sakaidynsakaidyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They really should open up some more servers temporarily, and hopefully that is what they decide to do. This was a averageish MMO release but this queue is the most ridiculous part yet and is frustrating after I feel they handled the other issues so well. I play games generally in short bursts and having to wait a half hour plus to get into a game when it's well past prime time is pretty ridiculous.
  • mirrorloremirrorlore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can understand putting the GOLD VIP heroes above all. After all it did say VIP and they would be in the front. But the guardians also had a vip logo, a SILVER VIP logo, free people dont have one. so if we are SILVER VIP we should be below the heroes in qu, but above the free people
  • kczeykczey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Paying 200 dollars for a F2P game is just dumb to me. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people over with the basis of, oh we will only make jump que's accessible for the 200 dollar members is horrible business.. I see why people were dissing this company so bad, because their business model is like THQ.... See how well they did? Stopped caring about the people, and only about the money. I'd much rather pay a subscription fee for a game than have this to deal with. WHat a joke.
  • deathreaper4udeathreaper4u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    NOTE TO CRYPTIC

GET RID OF THE QUE numbers which are BS and cannot possibly be accurate or else all other gamer developers would use it
    and INSTEAD use a ESTIMATED wait time,, that way we can go EAT a sandwhich,, take a leak,, and maybe fly to EUROPE for the weekend while waiting to get into your game

at least then people can do other things and have an idea how long it will take to get in,, something practical instead of IDIOTIC
    INACCURATE NUMBERS
    COME WITH ME !
  • mountain45mountain45 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all im going to say is i was worried when i saw just 3 servers/shards i had a feeling this would happen...i wanted to play today so i might give up on this game if it doesnt improve by tomorrow. like come on you know launch day is heavy make sure its open enough to handle the incoming
  • falcor13falcor13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This so called company is pathetic. I will be calling my credit card tomorrow and stopping payment.
  • goldelite911goldelite911 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ruthyn wrote: »
    I can understand people who have paid being a bit upset about not being able to play immediately, but you get other perks by paying also (you played early for example and get a companion).

This is the first day of open beta and I am really saddened that there are so many complaints whether you paid or not. I am sure in a day or two things will have settled down and the designers will have found the correct server size to allow the maximum numbers to play. They seem to be dealing with issues relatively quickly and are actively keeping is up to date. Now if in a week there are still major issues then maybe people will have a right to complain.

Or MMO developers could stop grossly underestimating their player base. Or maybe they could decide to have a few extra servers on opening day, just in case. This "optimal" stuff is getting annoying. They should aim for more than optimal, better to have it and not need it, etc.
  • tarrax7tarrax7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pandora007 wrote: »
    The people who spend money on founders packs have a false sense of entitlement because they spent money, similar to the arrogance displayed by all subbers in games with both f2p and p2p systems *cough SWTOR cough*.

Nice generalization there, but I hope you realise it undermines your entire point. I bought a Founder's Pack and have no sense of entitlement over others. I've also been a subber before (as you call them) and I never lorded it over other who didn't pay.
  • philocrates09philocrates09 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hell. This is beyond them being stupid and not having enough servers. This is them being fundamentally bad at what they do. Look at this.

http://i.imgur.com/4Zr3II4.png

Bull****. I went in with the queue at 4000 something. It was down into the 1000s. THEN MAGICALLY IT JUMPS UP TO 72K?

What are you people even DOING?
  • kaarsungkaarsung Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    92964 in queue?... Something isn't quite right lol. I was 3200 in queue 30 seconds ago lol
  • mrsnakegmrsnakeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    people have reason to be upset,, all the long time expierenced 20 yr gamers including myself warned the developers that 3 servers is a joke for opening day,, and repeatedly hundreds commented the same yet the developers ignored this,

it was beyond IDIOTIC to start this open beta with 3 servers,,, whoever was in charge of LOAD CALULATION SHOULD BE FIRED
    then FIRED AGAIN,, they have no idea what they are doing,, 8 servers are needed MINUMUM..

Umm, you realize in most cases the number of Shards does not reflect the actual number of servers. They are often a large cluster of nodes. Have they announced their actual infrastructure? Also, the amount of players per shard, is often a "guess". I'm pretty sure they have people watching the performance of the nodes (CPU, memory, network) to determine when they can increase the cap on number of users per shard.

Sometimes the cap even comes from simply preventing too many people in one area at a time. In early MMOs it wasn't uncommon to have so many people in major centres of activity, that framerates made the game unplayable.

And it is completely possible that they have taken an approach to 1 big iron box per shard, and I'm wrong, or some combination in the middle, or even something completely different.

Look in the mirror before you call someone an idiot.
  • mrsnakegmrsnakeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    mirrorlore wrote: »
    I can understand putting the GOLD VIP heroes above all. After all it did say VIP and they would be in the front. But the guardians also had a vip logo, a SILVER VIP logo, free people dont have one. so if we are SILVER VIP we should be below the heroes in qu, but above the free people

You didn't pay for that though. So why should you get put in the queue ahead of free people? You paid for your rewards, and you got your rewards. HOTN paid for their rewards and get theirs (which includes priority on the queues).

If you want the queue priority buy HOTN. Otherwise *shush* and sit patiently and wait in the queue with the rest of the peasants.
  • kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    and late night i sit waiting in queue, trying to give PW a chance, but they really don't want me to play huh. Guess its shell the 200 bucks or go **** yourselves. Seems I have a week or so before I can play again fun, wouldn't see this with SOE and they are even more money grabby than PW, sad really. and yes i am a founder payed 60 bucks for the founders and have spent another 70 bucks on zen, so i think i'm entitled a little faster login than so far up to over an hour of waiting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadrunner3deadrunner3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is crazzy having VIP and waiting 3885 to que
This discussion has been closed.