What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    tiago666999tiago666999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ok soo i been playing nonstop since open beta started, now my brother installed game etc, and i stayd afk for few time, game did auto kick me for bein afk (np), when i cameback to pc and logged was in queue, was takin long soo i did exit again, now after few minutes i clicked on launcher and opens some thing of cryptic auto update and then gives some error lol, can anybody help me or tell me wtf did happen lmao, would really appreciate.
  • Options
    shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    and y isnt it saying i am a gaurdian?

It's a setting you choose under User CP
    shautrusig.jpg
  • Options
    cheesenip42cheesenip42 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    been in the queue for over 3 hours, am I missing something? I went and took a shower, is it possible i missed my chance and it put me at the back of the line?
    it ain't easy being cheesey
  • Options
    nihlysnihlys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    troll wrote: »
    The Queue is a Lie!

There is no queue - notice how there was no queue through the beta weekends?

There was only one server then as well.

The queue has been manufactured to try make everyone buy the $200 pack to get priority access. They are getting desperate to extract your money from your pocket. This game is a money grab.

Dude it's still in beta. It's just 'open' instead of 'closed', hence the influx of new players. Relax. It's just a game, and pretty much every MMO has had some server issues. Granted, queues should be handled better than this, but it's just a hiccup that will get fixed, like in every other game.
  • Options
    nicknameschmicknamenicknameschmickname Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A 7000 person queue on the only 3 servers has convinced me to stay away from this game at all costs. That is absolutely ridiculous, and you will not be getting any of my money, or playtime :)
  • Options
    grady2814grady2814 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL, wow....reading this makes me almost sad. You guys are complaining that on the first day of a beta you are running into issues and having to wait in long queues to play?!?! MMO's always have bad lauches. You are testing the capibilities of the servers and game processes for the company, and I'm sorry to say, testing usually means breaking. Just wait your turn and actually play the game before you judge it.
  • Options
    tellquatellqua Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm getting in but I am not able to play for more then a few moments before the game goes unresponsive and crashes...
  • Options
    alreadytakentooalreadytakentoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Beta is not Beta.
    I'm so tired of people saying "it's in Beta - give it a break." This game is not in Beta by normal definitions. It's not the first, however, to release and still call it a Beta to sucker weak-minded individuals into going easy on it.

We need to add a game release state.
    What should we call it? Theta? A Game is in Theta if it is no longer planning any resource, xp, level, or other character-related wipes, but doesn't want to be subject to the critical eye of the experienced gamer and wants to reserve the right to change or add content.
  • Options
    unstoppixelunstoppixel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Number 67,695 in queue! WHAT?!?!?! Perfect World... YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!!!
  • Options
    tanerastaneras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    shaudra wrote: »
    Yeah?! Well my mount is WAY prettier than yours and 'yo mama' dresses you funny. ;)

*NOTE* this is said in jest

I do like the horse better than the spider lol. But I had a medical procedure done on the day of the release and was pretty much bed bound. The only reason I purchased the Hero package was for the earliest head start just to keep my sanity.
  • Options
    suttonsawyersuttonsawyer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am amazed, my queue position keeps switching from 7564 to 40472... I just wanna play :(
  • Options
    laterisablonlaterisablon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Would you server\network\and developer guys/gals quit bragging about how many people you can have in a Q- and let us in :)
  • Options
    whitheywhithey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You may experience a short queue while starting Neverwinter. This is because we are close to capacity as Neverwinter fans rush to log in and begin their adventure. However, Neverwinter Heroes of the North will jump to the front of the queue as part of their exclusive. Thanks for your patience!

Update 1: We
  • Options
    sealeddoomsealeddoom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, hope you guys above realise that BETA means imperfect, hence errors are expected and that's why OPEN BETA is a testing ground for the "professional" programmers to review their "clumsy" mistakes, their "short" prognosis, their "narrow" insight and above all their "arrogant" disposition.

However for those like me that have paid, without a courtesy email letting me know of the date for the headstart Founders Pack launch date, I think that shows a little arrogance.

It seems a good game, just hope that the funds paid goes into rapid improvements...

Meanwhile I'm jumping in the queue from no. 500 to 64189.. think i'll wait till tomorrow.
  • Options
    nihlysnihlys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Those numbers are a display error. back out and try again and you'll be back in at most the 7k range
  • Options
    treysatreysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When you bought the Guardian Pack, did you not read what was in it? At no point did they ever advertise that Guardians of the North would get priority access. They're not alienating anyone, you got exactly what you paid for.

They might have got what they paid for but its still asinine. People that paid for the game should of been thought of as they did pay with hero's getting top priority then guardian then the starter then the f2P. This would of been the fair unbiased way to do it but yes by the technicality of the wording they got what they paid for far be it for a company to do the right thing who knows hanging on to customers may not have been in their thoughts.
  • Options
    dmann1971dmann1971 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I went from 7800 to 68484 .. WTH payed $60.00 for this game..
  • Options
    whitheywhithey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yes i am still going to play.maybe tomorrow
  • Options
    drekorsilverfangdrekorsilverfang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You guys must be new to release day for games.
  • Options
    shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    taneras wrote: »
    I do like the horse better than the spider lol. But I had a medical procedure done on the day of the release and was pretty much bed bound. The only reason I purchased the Hero package was for the earliest head start just to keep my sanity.

Hope you're doing better now.
    shautrusig.jpg
  • Options
    cheesenip42cheesenip42 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yeah beta is still a test stage but this is a pretty big flaw to over look. I think saying hey its beta chill is not really the right mindset to have. at the same time people hold on to your butts. because it will be a rough ride.
    it ain't easy being cheesey
  • Options
    arganis1arganis1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just a thought, I keep reading people complaining " i paid money for this?... blah blah blah, gripe moan complain, etc."
    This is beta people.
    B.E.T.A.
    Yes you paid so you could play ahead of others who didn't, as well as for other in game goodies. But you people really need to get a grip. This is why you have an open beta, so it will break NOW, so they can fix it, BEFORE it goes live. Sure it's frustrating when you can't play, but really, until the LIVE or GOLD tag gets applied to the game, your complaints are completely silly. Beta means not finished, it means they are going to break things, they are going to tweak things, that will break yet other things, etc etc. Take a breath, have a cookie, squeeze a stress ball, and just be glad they are working on it.
    repeat after me, goozzz fraab baaaa, goozzz fraab baaaa, (yes,shamelessly lifted from anger management)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    nihlys wrote: »
    Those numbers are a display error. back out and try again and you'll be back in at most the 7k range

Did you just tell people to leave the queue? LOL The number fluctuates between the display error large number and a lower number which is your true place in line. If they back out they'll lose their place in line and start all over.
    shautrusig.jpg
  • Options
    darklotusdarklotus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    **** I shouldn't have logged out, you will become AFK status after 10 min. then automatically logs you out after 15 min. idle time, there was lots of LAG and rubberbanding around till the QUEUE was installed, LAG is gone but Wait time to get in is extended. im sure it will calm down in few days, there wont be 2000 level 1 char trying to to kill the same monster or pick the same plant in the starting Area ;p
  • Options
    nicknameschmicknamenicknameschmickname Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You guys must be new to release day for games.

Pretty sure most MMOs launch with more than 3 servers. Stop trying to excuse their horrendous planning, because there is no reason for it.
  • Options
    flakie02flakie02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok, so, I'm a Guardian and am very upset about this, but not to the point to call all free players freeloaders and moochers. To all you Hotn and guardians who think they are better, you are wrong, yes u paid, yes we should definitely have priority access, but only bc of the money we put towards it, it does not show our wealth or our attitude as a person, someone who paid might be poor and very irresponsible with there money, and on the other hand an f2p player might be rich and just don't want to invest. vise versa, so that being said, the people calling f2p players moochers and freeloaders, kindly **** off :) you don't know these ppl and could have a very good reason for not investing there money into a video game, unless you met them, don't call them that like u know them.
  • Options
    dnier69dnier69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yay #1706 ... looking at computer hmm not moving
  • Options
    khalainkhalain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am disappointed that I sit int he queue for over an hour then get dc'd and have to start all over again. With all the hype that the game has had, the developers must have realised that a huge number of people would be trying to log in. They will be loosing alot of players because of the long waits to play. Players that in the long run would have made the game money. So if they like watching there income slip away then it will continue. I am not prepared to sit here for the updates in 14hours to see if I can log in any quicker. I am returning to another MMORG that is open 24 hours a day with no log in problems. Beta or no beta, this should have been anticipated.
  • Options
    dmann1971dmann1971 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seriously just take the servers down period and let us know when you are ready .. Not play the guessing game if we can log in ..
  • Options
    xenoduesxenodues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is F***ing outrageous!!!! We backed YOU with our cash! Sure it isn't 200$ but it is still more than the guys causing the queue has paid to play. This is the last Dime i spend till it is rectified. All you guardians wait them out at least let us jump to the front along with the Hero's just because we can't afford as much doesn't mean we didn't try to support you. F**k you i am 7500 in queue that is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.