What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    combine27combine27 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    it is extremely annoying that the queue is after character creation/login, im sitting here trying to figure out what race to play and now I Have to wait in Q again because i didnt like my first choice -_-
  • Options
    smokinmoe1smokinmoe1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this queue is horrible! you wlda thought they would of been prepared for this but obviously not.
  • Options
    aspoon003aspoon003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    does it occur to anyone else that they might be causing the queue times to try and sell hero packs?

"we're working on the queue problem, but remember if you buy the hero pack, you get in right now! here's a convenient link!"
  • Options
    eruelesteruelest Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No kidding. I went from 7k to 67k!! I won't be purchasing anything for now. Too disheartening.
  • Options
    allfaaallfaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Please have it where we can pay cash to jump in front of queues....maybe $5 every 1000 positions? Please disregard the guardian pack money I paid...wtf this is fkn ridiculous...
  • Options
    joshuabenrayjoshuabenray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    When you purchased the pack, you just assumed that you would be given more than was advertised?

No, just wrongly assumed that if we contributed something, we would get a little better treatment. Not all of us can afford the top of the line package, but why should we be treated the same as those who felt they needn't contribute anything?
  • Options
    angelusdllionangelusdllion Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aspoon003 wrote: »
    does it occur to anyone else that they might be causing the queue times to try and sell hero packs?

"we're working on the queue problem, but remember if you buy the hero pack, you get in right now! here's a convenient link!"

Does it occur to you that 3 servers plus brand new open beta would result in the servers being slammed?

Here's your tinfoil hat.
  • Options
    lorddethsothlorddethsoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well theres progress in 8 hrs its dropped me from 321k to 5k que position
    "What's use living life, if your afraid of a little death?"
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    No, just wrongly assumed that if we contributed something, we would get a little better treatment. Not all of us can afford the top of the line package, but why should we be treated the same as those who felt they needn't contribute anything?

So you didn't read the fine print and you didn't get what you wanted.. I'm supposed to be sympathetic, why exactly?
  • Options
    blankman261blankman261 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    em3kiz wrote: »
    Open beta first day. Of course servers are going to be destroyed. This game has got a lot of attention from a lot of people because they have been marketing the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of it. Give it a week and things will calm down. The people who dont care enough to wait will leave and everything will be back to normal.

All the more reason they should have been more prepared to meet the demands! THEY WEREN'T bad business.
  • Options
    jumpsteadehsjumpsteadehs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seriously? I'm a Guardian and I didn't get any preference in the queue? That's bovine excrement. I payed half of what the Drizzt ripoffs payed, so give me half the preference in the queue! Jump me to second place! Or at least halfway of what I would normally have to wait. Come on.
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Have Hero on one account, was going to go Hero on second account to avoid this exact problem... but I wont be...

For the amount that some players paid for, we paid for priority access as one of the things, and we are not getting it.

Just open more servers and be done with it.

If you cannot open more servers then you obviously were not prepared for this and our money was spent on what exactly ?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm sure this has been griped about before but if I paid, I should not be in the same que as those who did not. I can understand giving 'priority access' to those who dropped a larger amount of money, but really? Sooo, if I didn't drop over 100 dollars, I'm just tossed in with those who didn't contribute at all?! Kinda makes me regret dropping any money now and in the future...

Yes, I have seen others try and argue that this is beta, this should be expected, blah blah blah, but no, this should not be expected. Those who paid, any amount, should not have to be subjected to the same wait as those who did not, simple as that. We contributed and we want what we deserve. It's wonderful to be awarded with some virtual items, but what the hell is the point if we can't even use them??

Once again, a dam good example of the corporate system awarding those who are more financially capable rather than those who are trying, but still can't get there.

you made sense until the very last part. The truth is, yes...when you pay for something, no matter how much, you should be able to use it...no excuse...

I did not pay for anything, so i dont expect to play, but i AM a little offended that people have paid for a product and cannot use it.

but dont make this a class warfare issue. They are selling a product. Some people will be able to buy it, some wont. That's life.
  • Options
    andervinandervin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    So, some mod dip**** seems to think this is where I should go for info on queues... to a 110 page thread. lol, are you high?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    All the more reason they should have been more prepared to meet the demands! THEY WEREN'T bad business.

Then leave. Go and never come back.

That'll do a hell of a lot more to convince them to change then whining on the forums.
  • Options
    treysatreysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013

And 2 thumbs up here
  • Options
    dnier69dnier69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    4449 this free loaders getting closer and if i like the game no more lines lol <--- not the stupid one to pay for something before he plays n dont like it
  • Options
    spokerinspokerin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    almost 3 hours in q now, this helps a lot anyways, now i know that this is game is not getting any money from me
  • Options
    kgwebzero1kgwebzero1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    omg i bumped the back button and re-qued myself!!!! >.< 25 minutes to get from 7500 to 4400 lol.
  • Options
    truebornstigastruebornstigas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Because, like you. Some cannot afford even the $60 pack. So you're the poor soul who couldn't toss up $200, and those guys who couldn't toss up $60 are just freeloaders?

Never have I looked at fellow nerds with such shame. This is what everyone who could afford a few monthly subscriptions to different games warned about with cash shop games that were F2P. You think $60 is a lot? Blizzard has received over $2000 from me and I still wait in a queue every patch.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    v099 wrote: »
    The Queue is a Lie!

There is no queue - notice how there was no queue through the beta weekends?

There was only one server then as well.

The queue has been manufactured to try make everyone buy the $200 pack to get priority access. They are getting desperate to extract your money from your pocket. This game is a money grab.

Oh you mean the CLOSED beta weekends?

You know the ones where they controlled the amount of people who could log in?
  • Options
    joshuabenrayjoshuabenray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So you didn't read the fine print and you didn't get what you wanted.. I'm supposed to be sympathetic, why exactly?

At what point was sympathy asked for? Forums are for ranting, hence that was what I was doing. If acting holier than thou makes you feel better, hey, don't give me any sympathy and feel good about yourself. I could really care less and just want to join in the ranting while I wait in que on one screen and deal with stupid commercials in the other.
  • Options
    etripikaletripikal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think everyone needs to quit complaining. It is OPEN BETA after all. This means server overload due to the volume of players. Anyone familiar with beta testing games knows exactly what to expect. Keep in mind that OPEN BETA is technically not a full release of the game. There are always going to be bugs of some sort. This is what patches are for. Maintenance is at 7AM PST. Be patient, they work hard. If you paid money, my condolences, but this is exactly what your money is doing to help the game. It's not as if they're sitting in an office going "hahaha, suckers!" Don't be ridiculous.
  • Options
    fellgazefellgaze Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »
    That's fine....alienate the other users that still backed you and paid $60. I understand and will definitely NOT be giving you any more money after today. Thank you!

Everyone else...speak with your wallet.

Hope you can fund the game with JUST the HOTN users.

I don't understand your anger. The game developers clearly stated before you paid your $60 that you would not be entitled to VIP queue placement. They didn't lie to you, hide anything, or perform a "bait-and-switch". You are getting precisely what you paid for.

How have you been wronged?
  • Options
    mcspazzmcspazz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To everyone who thinks that this is a stunt to sell Hero packs, really? REALLY?

You think the dev team said, "Let's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off everyone who can't afford the hero pack in order to get a few more people to buy them." ???

They kinda knew that there would be queues that came with the idea that they put "cut in line passes" in the hero packs. Did they expect this much interest in the open beta, probably not. Will this last? No. They will fix it, just be patient and take that anti-psychotic you skipped this morning.
  • Options
    liovliov Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    is this everyone's first mmo ever? it is launch day why don't you all relax
  • Options
    tepmuhamoptepmuhamop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    guys i'm jumping from 7000 to 43000 on and on :D
    Best wishes,
    MD FrosT
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Does it occur to you that 3 servers plus brand new open beta would result in the servers being slammed?

Here's your tinfoil hat.

it occurs to me that if they are going to advertise the "open beta" like its a release date (because it is, they just say open beta so they can say all the glitches and bugs are normal) they should have more than 3 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> servers. its about the most ridiculous thing ive heard in a while that someone would actually defend that strategy.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    At what point was sympathy asked for? Forums are for ranting, hence that was what I was doing. If acting holier than thou makes you feel better, hey, don't give me any sympathy and feel good about yourself. I could really care less and just want to join in the ranting while I wait in que on one screen and deal with stupid commercials in the other.

My point is, you complain about something you brought on yourself, you have no right to whine. You are not a victim, stop painting yourself as one.
  • Options
    fellgazefellgaze Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh you mean the CLOSED beta weekends?

You know the ones where they controlled the amount of people who could log in?
    Facts are irrelevant to your average forum warrior.
This discussion has been closed.