What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    magichacker11magichacker11 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Normally I don't complain but I think this is a bit crazy myself. Hope after tonight they do something with the maintenance to address this issue.
  • Options
    tankerboi87tankerboi87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this is a load of bs i have been in que for over 2 hours now still have not played the first minute of the game probably just going to uninstall the game and go play wow atleast there i can actually play.:(
  • Options
    warrcrimeswarrcrimes Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sweet, in game...now let's see how long until i get an involuntary DC :)
  • Options
    magichacker11magichacker11 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mrsnakeg wrote: »
    No it isn't. It's release of the open beta. It isn't final release.

Don't be surprised if there isn't a character wipe before the end of open beta and final release.

Soft Launch is the word they are using. No character wipes at all from here on.
  • Options
    dicehounddicehound Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kaitryyn wrote: »
    stop being jerks! everybody has been working their butts off at cryptic and WOTC so that WE can play this GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its a GAME!!!!
    If you guys wanna keep complaining, how about instead go to college, get a degree in video game design, send in a job application, go in and see how hard theses guys are working so that we can sit in front of our computers and be nerds all day. Show some respect seriously.
    I mean so what if you paid for the game, ITS STILL IN BETA!!! that means that there are still some kinks that need to be worked out. Give these guys a break, show some patience, and it will probably be fixed by tomorrow

With all due respect, I do software testing in real life. And if you as a company are taking other people's money for delivery of a product, and fail to deliver that, that's on you. There is no sympathy warranted. Folks that just jumped in for free? Well, you get what you pay for, true. But people that paid money who not only can't play, but never got the stuff they paid for (There is a huge problem with the guardian founders not getting any of their items that was known on day 1 and still isn't fixed), then that's horrible business and they deserve all the criticism they get.
  • Options
    eruelesteruelest Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    World of Warcraft started out with the queue system too. They realized very quickly, that in order to "survive" more servers were opened up very quickly. You will loose players, and people will even avoid a game all together if there is a queue system. They will simply find something else to do while waiting. This game seems like it is worth the wait. But coming into a queue at 8k, is discouraging.
  • Options
    aerong1aerong1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OH God, this is an endless wait.
    few hours ago i was able to log in and level up to 7 my control wizard,now i cant even get the queue past the 4000
  • Options
    kilstrexkilstrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Doesn't bother me. However, the SHEAR amount of entitlement in this thread does.

Isn't that how money works? People with a little bit more money than other other people feel entitled to **** they aren't. Thats what money breeds, is a sense of being better than other people and being entitled to random ****.
  • Options
    angelusdllionangelusdllion Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this is a load of bs i have been in que for over 2 hours now still have not played the first minute of the game probably just going to uninstall the game and go play wow atleast there i can actually play.:(

don't let the door hit you on the way out and feel free to come back when the beta is over.
  • Options
    dazzle999nldazzle999nl Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    after trying to get the game installed for over 6 hours, i finally get past the patch stuff to land in a 17k queue <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    kilstrex wrote: »
    Isn't that how money works? People with a little bit more money than other other people feel entitled to **** they aren't. Thats what money breeds, is a sense of being better than other people and being entitled to random ****.

No it's just how some people are.
  • Options
    vitalfalloutvitalfallout Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    /waitingforever
  • Options
    schokoladeneisverkeuferschokoladeneisverkeufer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As a "freeloader," even I feel like I wasted money on this. Downloaded 3.7GB on my 30 mb/s connection, never reaching more than 500 KB/s. Took me hours. But, screw it. Seems incredibly exciting and worth whatever effort it might take. So a few hours wait for a download I can keep an eye on? Worth it.

Fast forward to the Patch. 2GB downloading at an even slower rate. Well, that happens in most MMO's the first time I install. Not too bad, I guess.

Two hour download and an hour of fiddling with the options later: Alright, time to make my Gnome historian mage with years of backsto-oh, no gnomes. Well now... I guess Halflings will work, for now. Alright, now class equals Mag-oh, really? Well, I guess a Wizard will do. I'm sure better options will be available eventually.

Total time elapsed, six and one half hours. That hurts. A lot. But, I've finally finished! Time to dive right in!

-Play-

Queue Position: 97,247

Well, ****. I'm going to bed. Don't expect cash from my already strained pockets anytime soon.
  • Options
    tanerastaneras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »
    That's fine....alienate the other users that still backed you and paid $60. I understand and will definitely NOT be giving you any more money after today. Thank you!

Everyone else...speak with your wallet.

Hope you can fund the game with JUST the HOTN users.

While I wouldn't fault anyone for not purchasing the $60 package for not including some sort of "jump ahead of queue" bonus, it was clearly listed as a bonus for only the hero ($200) packages. Let this be a lesson, read all the details next time. And its not like this was some fine print hidden away, it was pretty clear in the description of the packages.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    And I'm in.. smell ya later guys.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    do they have actual published numbers of how many people purchased each pack and how many accounts have been created? Would be interesting to see while I wait for the queue :D
  • Options
    vitalfalloutvitalfallout Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oooo. from 38760 to 43295
  • Options
    ghostraving3ghostraving3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aprilai wrote: »
    Same here, I was actually planning on buying some Zen today for an outfit or two, but after this, I'm not dropping another penny.

I might not even play anymore honestly, since I'm still sitting here in queue jumping from postion 1,500 to 4,700.

Lol the **** is this ****, they get to jump in line? This isn't high school lunch period. Screw this ****. This isn't a real D&D game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ah **** yeah, im in. My queue NEVER not ONCE increased. Went from 7.9k to playing the game (it did glitch a few times to 46899 though, but that resolved itself quite quickly each time.)
  • Options
    unstoppixelunstoppixel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Short queue! I'm in position 7,561!!!
  • Options
    dicehounddicehound Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kilstrex wrote: »

Oh please. People are paying for a service they aren't getting. This is true for everything in life. No one thinks they are better, they think they should get what they paid for.
  • Options
    sylestialsylestial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmmm...I can understand a queue but my queue keeps bouncing back and forth between 38,000 - 60,000 and various numbers in between.

I haven't even attempted to log in all day because I figured it would be pretty long, so I just gave it some time and thought I would chill a bit playing tonight.

A queue of 40,000 - 50,000 people though??

I have to say that if this even partially accurate there is a SERIOUS need of more servers and very very very very soon.

This is not my first roller coaster and not my first BETA weekend. I shelled out money like many of the people in this thread, so please do not yell at me about entitlement for my freeloading ways. I am seriously WORRIED about this game. There are far too many people standing in line right now.
  • Options
    riverrat61riverrat61 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oooo. from 38760 to 43295

Grats! Im at 65K something.
  • Options
    theoriginaldorwtheoriginaldorw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yea? will we get priority over F2P people?
  • Options
    blooddathblooddath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ervonis wrote: »
    I can't even get past the patcher. What is going on? I paid for this?!

$200 well spent.
  • Options
    schokoladeneisverkeuferschokoladeneisverkeufer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    troll wrote: »
    The Queue is a Lie!

There is no queue - notice how there was no queue through the beta weekends?

There was only one server then as well.

The queue has been manufactured to try make everyone buy the $200 pack to get priority access. They are getting desperate to extract your money from your pocket. This game is a money grab.

Go away. I'm a F2P user, and even I am offended by your hatemongering.
  • Options
    silver44swordsilver44sword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    2-3 more servers would have eliminated this issue all together. After a couple months and logs started to consistently drop you just condense and eliminate vacant servers.
  • Options
    theoriginaldorwtheoriginaldorw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    and y isnt it saying i am a gaurdian?
  • Options
    shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    taneras wrote: »
    While I wouldn't fault anyone for not purchasing the $60 package for not including some sort of "jump ahead of queue" bonus, it was clearly listed as a bonus for only the hero ($200) packages. Let this be a lesson, read all the details next time. And its not like this was some fine print hidden away, it was pretty clear in the description of the packages.

Yeah?! Well my mount is WAY prettier than yours and 'yo mama' dresses you funny. ;)

*NOTE* this is said in jest
    shautrusig.jpg
  • Options
    kouzouloskouzoulos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't forget guys that this is still a beta phase.. An "open " one but still beta nonetheless.. Be a bit patient, dont hard hit from moment one. I bet even the devs didnt expect such a high bunch of ppl joining the open beta phase.. :P
This discussion has been closed.